Curiosity didn't kill the cat

Everyday Miracles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Umma~” Ryeowook sang, toddling in the direction of the three adults and effectively interrupting their talk. Kibum followed after his new friend, still holding Kiki carefully in his hand. Eeteuk turned his attention to his son and smiled.

 

“What is it, sweetie?” he asked, ready to catch Ryeowook when the toddler reached him so he could place him in his lap. Kibum continued over to Henry and stretched out his arms to signal that he wanted to get up too. Henry chuckled and obeyed.

 

“Bummie nom! And Wookie nom,” the toddler added with a thoughtful expression, now realising that he was hungry as well. Eeteuk laughed.

 

“Then we better get you some food,” he agreed and rose from the sofa and adjusted Ryeowook to sit on his hip. Henry and Kyuhyun also rose, Kibum happily snuggling closer to Henry while they made their way to the kitchen. Eeteuk sat Ryeowook down in his high chair and hurried back to the hallway to search one of the closets for the extra highchair addition he knew was there somewhere. He found it and managed to install it on one of the regular chairs with Kyuhyun’s help so Kibum could sit beside Ryeowook comfortably. He then began cutting up some fruit and pieces of bread with butter on it before putting it all on a plate and placing it in front of the toddlers. The two boys happily dug in while Eeteuk sat down beside Ryeowook and turned back to the conversation he had had with Henry and Kyuhyun before the boys decided it was lunch time.

 

“Who’s that?” Kibum suddenly asked with wide eyes, a piece of pear held just in front of his mouth as he stared at the newcomer. Ryeowook looked in the direction Kibum was staring in and grinned.

 

“That Shindongie! Shindongie nom!” Ryeowook informed enthusiastically and threw the piece of bread he had been munching on to the floor where the cat hurried grabbing the piece with his teeth before running off in direction of the laundry room.

 

“Ryeowook, don’t throw food to Shindong,” Eeteuk scolded seriously. If the cat learned that he could get food from the table, he would be a nightmare, and Ryeowook didn’t really understand that some food was not good for cats even if it was good for humans.

 

“But Shindongie nom,” Ryeowook insisted with an angry pout. Eeteuk had a hard time keeping his face straight at the adorable image in front of him.

 

“Shindong has his own food. This is human food and it’s not good for him. He has his own cat food. If he eats too much human food he will get a stomach ache,” Eeteuk explained, keeping to terms the toddler would understand. “But you can help me feed Shindong tonight if you want?”

 

The toddler pouted more and crossed his tiny arms, leaning back and looking Eeteuk over, the way he had seen his appa look at people at his work. When he even squeezed his eyes together, Eeteuk had to fight the squeal building in his throat, though Henry was not as successful. The younger man stood up and quickly snapped a picture of the contemplating Ryeowook with a nonplussed Kibum in the background. Eeteuk however stood his ground, crossed his own arms and stared back at Ryeowook.

 

“Pfine,” the toddler spat after a few seconds of glaring war, still pouting angrily as he grabbed a piece of apple and bit into it as if it had personally offended him.

 

“Wookie mad?” Kibum asked hesitantly, not wanting to make his friend more upset.

 

“Umma stoopid. Wookie no like umma,” Ryeowook pouted, but he had lost the edge of anger now that he was focussing on his new friend instead of his anger.

 

“Me like Wookie,” Kibum tried, earning him a bright smile from Ryeowook.

 

“Wookie like Bummie too!” Ryeowook sang, happy to see his friend smile again. Just as he was reaching for another piece of fruit, the front door opened and noises of tumbling children came into the kitchen. Kibum immediately looked scared out of his mind, not expecting other kids here. Kyuhyun was quickly by his side and scooping him up.

 

“I’m sorry,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter