Unexpected visitors

Everyday Miracles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jonghyun and Key turned out to be great play uncles for the kids. Originally they had chosen this resort to get some time away from the stress of the city, but they both agreed that spending time with the four Kim-kids and their parents were equally relaxing and a very welcome addition to their holiday. On the other hand both Kangin and Eeteuk enjoyed the company of the two men while the kids loved their new uncles. The two couples soon discovered that they lived relatively close to each other, so weekend visits would not be impossible in the future. Ryeowook seemed to be completely infatuated with Key and the man didn’t seem to mind the slightest that the toddler was practically glued to anyone of his body parts whenever they spent time together. The twins and Siwon doted on Jonghyun, who was up to playing anything they suggested. The days ran by quickly and before they knew it, they had been there for 5 days already. Heechul and Sungmin and Yesung would come on day nine and then spend the rest of the holiday with the family.

 

 

“But then the dinosaur ate the cars and they all died!” Hyukjae narrated enthusiastically, trying to stuff one of the toy cars into the mouth of the dinosaur with very little luck.

 

“But what happened to the little cat, then?” Jonghyun asked, paying the utmost attention to the boy’s tales and playing along whenever Hyukjae needed an extra hand. The boy looked up from his task of mouth stuffing the dinosaur to give his new uncle a thoughtful look.

 

“He went to a cat home and then we picked him up! It’s Shindong!” Hyukjae then yelled after a while, happy that he had now “saved” the cat from the dinosaur. Jonghyun chuckled and nodded, taking the cat from where it stood beside the cars to place it somewhere less dangerous in terms of hungry dinosaurs.

 

 

“Then Kiki and Onew mawwie and be happy!” Ryeowook told Key with big eyes as he held both teddies up to the man’s face. The two was sitting at the dining table, Ryeowook on Key’s lap, originally so they could see what was going on in the board game Eeteuk and Kangin were playing with Siwon and Donghae. Eeteuk and Donghae were one team while Kangin and Siwon were the other and they were playing some kind of Pictionary, only with their very own rules that pretty much meant they were just drawing and guessing and moving their own little figure around the board in a wild chaos that had them all laughing.

 

“It’s a duck! A fish! A boat! A... a monkey!” Donghae yelled wildly, trying to guess what Eeteuk was drawing. The latter shook his head while laughing, not the slightest bit offended that the boy couldn’t tell what he was drawing. When the sound of the clock going off rang through the room, signalling that their time was up, someone knocked on their door, successfully turning their attention away from whatever it was Eeteuk had tried to draw. Kangin and Eeteuk shared a curious look, not expecting any company. Nevertheless Kangin stood up and went to open the door.

 

“Heechul, what are you doing here?” Kangin asked surprised, his best friend standing outside the door with Sungmin on his arm and Yesung by his side. He gave him a bright smile, though it didn’t quite seem to reach his eyes.

 

“We got so bored at home, so I thought we would come visit! I hope that’s okay, and if it isn’t I can just go ask if they have another cabin or something,” Heechul explained, trying to hold Sungmin safely as the toddler wriggled to get down and follow after Yesung, who had zoomed past Kangin when the latter had opened the door and let him have a look at his playing cousins, and was now being introduced to Jonghyun by Siwon and Hyukjae. Kangin quickly took Sungmin from Heechul and sat him down behind him so the toddler could waddle over to the other kids.

 

“Of course it’s okay, Chullie, come on in,” Kangin smiled and moved aside to let his best friend enter the house. He felt a twinge of worry about why Heechul was here, 4 days early and unannounced, but he decided to save the questions for a later time, when they could talk without little ears listening. Heechul shot him a grateful look and entered, taking off his shoes before charging after Sungmin, who was still wearing his shoes.

 

“You naughty little bunny, you went inside with your shoes on,” Heechul scolded as he caught Sungmin, who just giggled and wriggled to get down again. “Hello Teukie. Hello people I don’t know.”

 

“This is Key and that is Jonghyun,” Kangin introduced, waving at Key, who lifted a hand and smiled in greeting, Ryeowook still in his lap. Jonghyun was too busy being attacked by Eunhyuk, Siwon, Yesung and a giggling Sungmin, who Heechul had let go again after he had removed his shoes, so his full attention was on the kids, making sure no one got hurt during the play fight.

 

“This is Heechul,” Kangin then informed Key, and Heechul smiled and nodded before hugging Eeteuk from behind, who was still sitting in his chair, and plopping down on one of the chairs beside him.

 

“Uncle Chullie!” Donghae urged, tucking Heechul’s sleeve from where he stood after he had jumped off his chair. Heechul turned slightly towards him and lifted him up to sit on his lap.

 

“How’s Shindong?” Donghae asked with bit, innocent eyes, curious about how the family cat was doing without them.

 

“He is doing very well

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter