The magic of a cat

Everyday Miracles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

”Cat up,” Ryeowook narrated in deep fascination as Shindong jumped up on the couch and found a comfortable spot to lie down on. The toddler was still infinitely fascinated by the cat and had taken the responsibility of telling everybody around him what the cat did every time he was near it. However, he also seemed to have a lot of respect for the large animal and he did not try to pet it unless he had a brother or Kangin or Eeteuk near him.

 

Shindong the cat had proved to be extremely good natured. He was lazy and snugly and all the kids loved him dearly already. He hardly ever showed his claws and both Eeteuk and Kangin was comfortable letting the kids play with him without worrying that the cat might hurt them if they went too far. Shindong would simply up and go to another spot if one of the kids was too annoying.

 

“Minnie, you should not pet him like that! Do it like this,” Siwon scolded, showing his best friend’s little brother how to pet the cat “correctly”. Siwon had taken on the role as Shindong’s protector, always correcting his brothers and now Yesung and Sungmin on how to deal with the cat in what he felt was the right way.

 

Sungmin looked up at the 8-year-old with frightened eyes, not used to Siwon scolding him. He was just about to burst into tears when Donghae took his hand and led him over to a beanbag chair by the wall.

 

“Don’t listen to him, Minnie, he thinks he knows everything because he’s so big,” he soothed as he sat down with the toddler halfway onto his lap.

 

Sungmin snuggled closer to his cousin and sniffled slightly. He had just wanted to say hi to the cat, he didn’t want to hurt him!

 

Ryeowook saw that his Minnie was sad and wobbled over to collect the older’s bunny plushie from the floor beside the couch and then wobbling over to Sungmin and Donghae, unceremoniously dropping down on his behind beside Donghae and shoving the bunny into Sungmin’s face.

 

“Minnie no sad. Siwonnie meanie,” he offered with a bright smile, earning a small smile in return.

 

 

 

“So what are you guys doing during half-term?” Hangeng asked, before biting into a cookie and . “Holy… These are delicious, Eeteuk!” he exclaimed, taking another bite immediately.

 

“Why can’t you bake like this, Chullie? Seriously, Teukie, if I wasn’t married already, I’d totally kidnap you and force you to marry me so you can bake these every - OUCH!”

 

Heechul looked at his husband with a smug smile while said man rubbed his over arm where Heechul had hit him. Kangin was roaring with laughter at his two friends antics and Eeteuk was laughing while trying to hide a blush at the compliment he had been given.

 

“I cannot bake like this, dear, because you decided the only thing I am good at in a kitchen is bending over or bending you over the desk and thus you never let me in the kitchen unless you have any of those two things planned,” Heechul singsonged with a venomous undertone, earning even more roars of laughter from Kangin while both Hangeng and Eeteuk now fought a furious blush.

 

“I can give you the recipe and you can try it out?” Eeteuk offered meekly, trying to change the subject.

 

“Don’t bother, I’ll just end up tying Geng with the kitchen towels and whipped cream of his-“

 

Heechul was interrupted when Eeteuk accidentally knocked his mug over, spilling coffee everywhere. Eeteuk scrambled up to get a wash cloth while the other three was laughing at him, Hangeng unable to not join at the nanny’s clear discomfort.

 

Once the laughter had settled and they had helped each other clean up the coffee, Kangin decided to answer the original question.

 

“We are going to some sort of family resort just outside of Seoul. It was Eeteuk’s idea. You can rent cottages and linked houses and then there is a main centre where you can do all kinds of stuff. This one has a large indoor pool area, a bowling centre, a large play area, a spa and a lot of other stuff. I think they even had ponies,” Kangin explained enthusiastically, looking forward to this holiday like a little kid before Christmas.

 

“It has a spa? Can I visit?” Heechul asked in all seriousness. He loved spas and it felt like forever since he had last been in one.

 

“Yeah, sure! The house is large enough to house 12 people so if you want to visit you are more than welcome,” Kangin replied while nodding vigorously.

 

“What are you doing during half term?” Eeteuk asked, having finally stopped fanning his cheeks to cool down again.

 

“This one is going on a business trip to China so I am stuck at home with the kids,” Heechul huffed indignantly while motioning for Hangeng. “Well, it’s not bad, I’m just pissed that Hannie’s company decided to make hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter