Bond

Everyday Miracles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After hours of playtime in the pool, the entire family was as wrinkled as raisins, causing Eeteuk to call it a day. Ryeowook and Kangin had spent some time in the toddler pool before joining the rest of the family again in the main pool. By then the kids had found various water play thing and floating mattresses. The three older kids soon took turns swimming around with Ryeowook on one of the mattresses, much to the joy of the youngest.

 

“Here, let me help you,” Kangin offered, wrapping Siwon in the towel and drying him off, while the boy giggled and squirmed.

 

“It tickles, appa!” he whined through another giggle. Kangin laughed with him but stopped tickling him so he could help the twins dry off as well. Eeteuk was concentrating on drying off Ryeowook, still in his swimming trunks. He tried to fight of a shiver from the cold, but he couldn’t quite suppress it. He decided to concentrate on drying Ryeowook off and get him in his clothes again so the toddler wouldn’t catch a cold. Suddenly he was wrapped in a towel and a pair of strong arms.

 

“You are shivering,” Kangin noted in a low voice as he held Eeteuk close. He knew he was probably overstepping the younger’s boundaries but he couldn’t help it when he saw him shivering from the cold.

 

“Thank you,” Eeteuk answered in an equally low voice, letting himself enjoy the embrace for only a short moment before he turned his attention to the toddler again. He found that he really didn’t mind the attention though he still felt insecure about what it meant.

 

“Appa, Wookie nom,” the toddler suddenly whined, wriggling as Eeteuk tried to put his shirt on him. Kangin chuckled and took over the dressing of the toddler so Eeteuk could get dressed as well.

 

“I know, bunny, I’m hungry too. We’ll go get something to eat soon,” Kangin promised as he finished dressing Ryeowook before turning to the twins.

 

“Hyuk, Hae, you’ve taking each other’s shirts,” Kangin informed the twins, seeing as they had sorted through the chaos of clothes in the locker themselves.

 

“We know, appa,” Hyukjae giggled, holding a hand in front of his mouth to hide it. Kangin just smiled at his son’s antics, not really following their trail of thoughts, but since they were the same size he figured that it didn’t really matter what shirt they were wearing. Soon Eeteuk was running a comb through everyone’s hair to make sure none of them looked like a haystack.

 

“Let’s go,” Kangin instructed once he had checked that they had packed everything in the bag and all the kids were dressed properly. Ryeowook insisted on being carried by Kangin, stomping his tiny feet in the ground when Kangin said no.

 

“Bunny, you are getting too heavy for us to carry you everywhere,” Kangin tried to reason with the upset toddler.

 

“Wookie no heavy! Wookie up!” the toddler yelled, trying he best to glare at his appa the way he had seen Kangin glare at the twins when they were being naughty, while simultaneously stretching his arms up towards him.

 

Kangin sighed and bent down to pick up the toddler. In truth Ryeowook was not too heavy to get carried yet, but Kangin wanted to ease the toddler into walking around instead of being carried everywhere before it was an actual fact that he was too heavy. Also he didn’t want Eeteuk to strain his back because Wookie was insisting on being carried.

 

Eeteuk just smiled at the scene, suppressing the chuckle that threatened to burst through his defences at Ryeowook’s indignation at being denied being carried because of his weight. Even though the glare the toddler had tried was not really successful yet, Eeteuk could definitely see the relation between appa and son. They looked alike and Eeteuk was sure that Ryeowook’s glare would rival Kangin’s once the toddler reached puberty.

 

“Okay, let’s go home with the bag and then go find something to eat,” Kangin sighed, hoisting Ryeowook further up so he was better situated on his arm before making his way out of the changing room, trusting Eeteuk to make sure all the boys were following.

 

“Umma, can we play there?” Hyukjae asked with big eyes as he pointed at the play area beside on of the restaurants in the main building.

 

“I think we can go there to eat and then you can play there afterwards,” Eeteuk offered after Kangin had looked over his shoulder, caught Eeteuk’s eye and nodded with a smile. Siwon and the twins cheered loudly before Donghae and Siwon ran past Kangin in a race while Hyukjae took Eeteuk’s hand and walked beside him happily.

 

 

 

“Can I have pizza, appa?” Donghae begged eagerly when he saw the slices of pizza on the buffet table.

 

“Wookie pi’sa too!” Ryeowook chimed in, having no idea what it was, but when Donghae wanted it, he wanted it too.

 

“Okay, okay. Do you two want pizza too?” Kangin chuckled, directing his question towards Siwon and Hyukjae who nodded happily. “I guess we are having buffets then.”

 

“I’ll go order. Do you want a buffet as well?” Eeteuk asked as he stood up. Kangin nodded before scurrying through the diaper bag to find a bib for the mess he was sure Wookie was going to make. Eeteuk smiled and approached the waiter to place their orders.

 

“Okay, she said we could go up and take whatever we wanted,” Eeteuk announced when he came back to the table. The twins jumped up, ready to race to the buffet table but Kangin stopped them before they could do damage to everything between their table and the buffet.

 

“Not so fast! You will go with me or Teukie umma, and you will not go completely crazy and fill your plates up. Take two slices each first and if you can eat more after that, you can go again,” Kangin instructed to make sure the meal would go relatively peaceful. Luckily the kids took the message nicely and behaved when the entire family stepped up to the buffet.

 

“Nom,” Ryeowook exclaimed and pointed at a bowl with sliced cucumber squares from Eeteuk’s arm.

 

“You want some of those?” Eeteuk asked with a smile. Ryeowook nodded with big eyes, following Eeteuk’s hand as he used the spoon in the bowl to transfer cucumbers onto the toddler’s plate.

 

“More!” Ryeowook insisted when Eeteuk had given him two spoonfuls and made to put the spoon down again. He placed a spoonful more on the plate, happy that Ryeowook was so enthusiastic about the vegetable.

 

“Umma, I can’t reach the olives,” Hyukjae whined beside Eeteuk, standing on his tiptoes and reaching as far as he could over the table but still not able to reach the bowl with olives in it.

 

“Let me get it, sweetie,” Eeteuk smiled and bent slightly forward to get a grip of the bowl and pull it towards him so Hyukjae could reach it.

 

“Thank you,” Hyukjae said happily, shovelling olives on top of his pizza slice.

 

“Do you want pizza as well, Wook?” Eeteuk asked, carrying the toddler to the pizza plates so he could look at them. Ryeowook’s eyes got big and he pointed at one of the pizzas.

 

“That one?” Eeteuk asked. Ryeowook nodded and Eeteuk took it for him and put it on a plate. Then he quickly put two slices on another plate, shovelled some salad on it and went down to the table. As soon as the plate was placed in front of him, Ryeowook began eating the cucumbers with his hands.

 

“Ryeowook, use your fork,” Kangin scolded gently as he sat down at the table beside the toddler and began cutting out the pizza in smaller bites so Ryeowook would have a chance to eat it. The toddler scowled at his appa once again, but Kangin didn’t back down this time and kept holding out the fork for the toddler to take. When Ryeowook realised that he woul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter