Family

Everyday Miracles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’d like to call Kim Heechul to the stand,” the judge then declared and waited patiently until Heechul had taken up the spot that Kangin had just vacated. “You are Kim Youngwoon’s best friend and have known him for many years. I’d like to hear how you experienced both Mr. and Miss Kim’s parental skills when they lived together and then how Mr. Kim is doing now with the help of Mr. Park.”

 

“Well, they were both excellent parents when they had their first son. Sora was a stay-at-home mum and Kangin worked at his firm but always took the time to come home and spend time with them. But around the time they announced Sora’s pregnancy with Ryeowook, Sora seemed to become rather distant from the family. She wasn’t a bad mother, just an uninterested mother. It was rather clear that the only child she still connected somewhat with was Donghae,” Heechul explained, keeping his harsh words to himself for now. “And then one day she was gone. As Youngwoon already explained, he was in over his head. We tried to help him the best we could but obviously the situation affected all of them. However, he never neglected the boys. Instead he cut back on work and worked from home all the time he could so he could spend the days with the boys and then work in the evenings. He was tired and obviously he needed help but his first priority was and has always been the boys. Even now when he has Jungsoo’s help it still is. He takes the time to play with them and spend time with them and the dynamic between him and Jungsoo is really amazing. They are both one hundred percent dedicated to the boys and they cover each other’s backs if one of them falls short in some area for some reason and they’ve done so from day one of Jungsoo’s employment.”

 

“So in your opinion the children could not have better guardians?” the judge asked just to clarify.

 

“That’s correct. They have the best parents in the world as it is now and taking that away from them will just hurt them and rip up wounds Sora inflicted by leaving that are finally healing now that Jungsoo has taken over the maternal position in their lives and given them the stability they need,” Heechul answered seriously, not batting an eye at the death glare Sora was sending him.

 

“Thank you. I will let the lawyers ask questions now,” the judge decided, waving a hand to signal that they had the word now. Sora leaned over and whispered something to her lawyer who nodded before standing up.

 

“Mr. Kim, my client just informed me that you and your husband spent several years in the United States, is that correct?” the lawyer asked after clearing his throat.

 

“Yes, it is. However, I fail to see how that has any relevance for this case whatsoever,” Heechul answered cooly.

 

“Is it correct that this stay, that spanned several years, happened while Mr. and Miss Kim’s sons were growing up?” the lawyer inquired with a smug smile.

 

“Yes, that is correct,” Heechul answered with an eye roll. “In that time we talked to them on Skype at least once a week, which Sora very well knows. Even though they had never met my sons in real life they were all best friends by the time they met because of that. I might not have been there physically every step of the way, but I have witnessed each of them develop their own personali

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter