Getting to know you

Everyday Miracles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Leeteuk was currently looking through the job section of the paper, sipping his coffee while tapping his pen on the block of paper he had placed to his right. As it was, his current employer had plans of marriage within the month, meaning that she would become a stay-at-home mum while her new husband would work, making a live-in nanny unnecessary. Though he had had a good time with this family, loving the two girls he had looked after, he found that he looked forward to a new challenge. There were quite a lot of ads in the job section, some more interesting than others, but one in particular caught his interest.

 

Full time nanny M/F

Full time nanny for four kids needed. Live-in position. Generous pay and good facilities at nanny's disposal such as home gym and car. Has to have previous experience. Contract for at least a year, preferably longer.

 

"Hmm, sounds interesting," Leeteuk mumbled to himself while scribbling down the contact information; he preferred long term positions as it gave him a better chance to establish a relationship with the children he took care of, rather than only taking care of the children a month or two. He figured that he might as well give it a try and send an application.

 

 

 

"How may I help you?" A static voice filtered through the speaker system at the front gate a few seconds after Leeteuk had pressed the button. It had taken him a bit to get over the grandness of the house and gather enough courage to actually make his presence known.

"I'm here for an interview with Mr. Kim," Leeteuk informed and smiled up at where he thought the camera was, hoping that it wasn’t one of those cameras that made the middle of your face larger than the rest.

"Oh, about the nanny position?" Leeteuk nodded. "Cool! Let me buzz you in!" the enthusiastic reply came and a buzzing sound was heard as the gates opened.

As Leeteuk made his way up to the house, the front door was opened revealing a man who looked quite young. Too young to have four kids, Leeteuk thought as he studied the smiling man. His eyes had disappeared when the smile appeared on his face and his cheeks were chubby, making him look like some kind of cross between a chipmunk and a fat baby.

"Mr. Kim?" he asked as he reached his hand out in front of him to greet the male.

"Oh, no no, I am Henry, his personal assistant!" he chirped happily. "Mr. Kim just has some things he needed to finish before he is ready for the interview, so he asked me to excuse him and take you to the library to wait for him there. He has read the application you sent and checked all your papers and he seemed rather pleased, though," the man happily chatted as he began to lead Leeteuk into the huge house.

Leeteuk was a bit awestruck with the grandeur of the house, if he was being honest. Even though it was big and luxurious there was an air of emptiness over it. It didn't quite feel like a home and Leeteuk couldn't help but wonder how it was for the kids to grow up in an environment such as this. The house had two floors and he was led up a large staircase. He noted that there were baby gates both at the top and the bottom and smiled; this showed responsibility from the parents’ side which was always a good sign. After having walked down a rather spacious hallway with doors on both sides, some open and presenting what clearly looked to be children’s rooms, he was led into a rather large room with bookshelves covering all three walls while the last wall was almost entirely made of glass and had a door leading out to a balcony where there was a splendid view of the garden behind the house.

"If you will just wait here, I am sure it won't be long before Kangin is done," the chipmunk-like male instructed. Leeteuk frowned in question.

"Kangin?" he asked. He was sure the name in the ad had been Kim Youngwoon unless he was very much mistaken.

"Oh, that's a nickname he has gained over the years. He can be rather... strong when dealing with the company and such, so someone named him Kangin and that just kind of stuck with him, I guess," Henry explained, giving a half-bow before making his way out of the room and leaving Leeteuk to inspect the many books.

He had always loved to read and his secret fantasy since he was a kid had been to get a library that was like Belle's in ‘Beauty and the Beast’, and though this was not at all at that scale, it was still closer to his fantasy than anything else he had ever seen, outside of the one in the castle he had visited when he had been in England. He wandered around, looking at the many titles, feeling the overwhelming desire to take any one of them and go to the comfortable sofa chair that stood near the window and start reading. However, his thoughts were soon interrupted by a loud wail, and before he had time to even think he sat out to find the source of the sound. He re-entered the hallway and found a door on the other side slightly ajar, the sobbing and whimpering clearly coming from that room. He pushed the door open and was met with the sight of a chubby toddler with tears streaming down his fat cheeks. Without thinking, he hurried over to the toddler and crouched down.

“What’s wrong sweetie?” he asked with a soft voice so as not to scare the small boy. The boy stopped wailing to look at the stranger in front of him but he continued whimpering.

“Hae and Hyuk took Kiki!” the toddler sniffled with a quivering lower lip before starting all over with the wailing again. Though Leeteuk didn’t know any of the said persons (or objects) he was quick to scoop the toddler up into his arms and balance him on his hip.

“Don’t cry, darling,” he cooed as he the soft baby hair away from the toddler’s face and gently dried away his tears.

“Do you want to read a book until Hae and Hyuk come back?” he asked, having noticed the small bookshelf in the corner filled with children’s books. The toddler nodded warily, sniffing once before he rested his head on Leeteuk’s shoulder and started on his thumb. Well, he certainly isn’t afraid of strangers, Leeteuk thought before going over to the bookshelf. “Is there a special book you want to read?” he asked and the tod

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter