First Day Back at School

Ryu Odagiri's Fiance in an All Boys' School

~Flashback~

The next morning Yuki decided to let Ryu have another day off of school since he was just ganged up on and beaten the day before. Just as she left, Yuki made sure to leave a note for Ryu so he'd know where to get his breakfast.

Walking into her classroom, curiosity overtook her as she saw her classmates crowding next to a window. Yuki walked up behind Takeda and poked him. "Nee, Take-san, what is everyone looking at?"

"The traitor's back," Yabuki hissed and turned to go outside. The rest of the class except Take and Yuki followed. Takeda gave Yuki a comforting look before heading outside also. Knowing things would get rough really quick, Yuki tried to run outside and reach Ryu.

"What do you think you're doing here?" Yabuki asked glaring at Ryu. Before he could answer, Yuki ran and put herself between Ryu and Yabuki. "Can we stop before something bad happens?" She pleaded to the two glaring men.

Ryu paid no attention to her as Yabuki sneered. "I bet even if I do something, he'll run away just like before," Yabuki said. "Isn't that right Odagiri?" He threw a punch at Ryu trying not to hit Yuki in the process.

"Odagiri-kun!" Yuki yelled and ran to his side, trying to hold him back. Instead of saying anything, Ryu copied Yabuki and gave him a hit that matched his own. The rest of the class ran up and surrounded the two as Yabuki and Ryu shoved, pushed, punched, and beat each other. Without care, Yuki was thrown to the ground by one of the guys. Quickly she stood up again trying to get them to back off Ryu, who was still injured from the beatings of yesterday. Out of nowhere, a waterfall fell upon everyone. As they looked up, the heroic Yankumi-sensei stood at the top of the roof. Once again, everyone was lectured about how they should get along.

 

~End of flashback~

 

Yuki jumped out of her bed as she woke up to a shrilling alarm. Looking at her clock, she shouted, "We're late!" Today was the day that Ryu shall come back! Well second since he tried to come again the other day...

"What am I still doing?" Yuki yelled shocked. She quickly got dressed and ran to Ryu's room. "Ryu-kun! Get dressed! It's time to go to school!" She threw the school blazer at him and got started on food for school.

Ryu came down after a few minutes and followed her out the door when she was done cooking. The maids and butlers have been given a vacation for a few weeks since Yuki wanted to try a take care of the house herself, which meant the house only had Yuki and Ryu. Yuki happily grabbed Ryu's hand and dragged him on the way to school while she skipped.

Trying to avoid stares of adults around them, Ryu pulled his hand away, causing Yuki to look back at him with confusion in her eyes. "I said we could try to get along, I never said you can be annoying and try to act like my girlfriend," Ryu muttered and began walking to school again. She pouted from behind as she followed him, with less energy than before.

As they approached their classroom, they heard good old Yabuki's voice through the door, "He came here yesterday on a whim." Yuki could hear the class laughing and Ryu tensing up. Wanting to ease him, Yuki opened the door and walked in.

"Who came yesterday on a whim?" Yuki asked, challenging the class' leader. "Ryu!" A voice cried out. The two looked at the voice's direction. "Good morning." Takeda stood there with a warm smile directed at his old friend. Yuki smiled back warmly at him as Ryu nodded and went to his seat.

"Odagiri, Kudo," Yankumi called out. "If you're late three times, it's counted as an absence. I have no intention on treating you two specially. Keep that in mind." Yuki nodded, showing that she understood. Yuki walked to her seat calmly and with little trouble. In her seat, she could sense tension coming as Ryu stopped at his desk and he engaged himself and Yabuki in a staring contest. 'This is going to be a long day...' Yuki thought sighing.

 

~Lunch~

 

"Where's Ryu?" Yuki whispered quietly as she looked around for him. Apparently he had left the class when she was getting out two bento boxes for them.

A group of male students approached her as she looked around cluelessly. "Kudo-san, did you make that bento for me?" asked one of the guys and winked at her, hoping she would say yes. She shook her head and apologized quietly. "Eh? Well that's too bad, I'm hungry, so how about you give me that extra lunch you made?" Again, Yuki shook her head stubbornly. She pointed to a random direction behind the group of boys.

"Eh?! What's that?" As they became distracted, Yuki grabbed the two lunches and dashed out the room, escaping anymore of those guys trying to hit on her. "If I told them I was engaged to Ryu, I wonder if they'd leave us alone..." she said wondering about the outcomes. What she didn't expect was for someone to be listening.

"You and Odagiri-san are engaged?!" A shock yell from Yankumi came out. Yuki dropped the lunches and threw her hands over her loud teacher's mouth. "Please be quiet!" She begged with wide eyes. "Don't tell anyone about it!" The two argued about the situation and Yuki excused herself to find Ryu in attempt to get away from her romantic and curious teacher. Yankumi gave her directions to the roof where Ryu was, which Yuki thanked her for and headed in the direction her fiance was.

"Odagiri-kun," a sweet voice said from behind him. Ryu turned around to see a girl holding out a bento box with one hand and sushi held by chopsticks in front of him. "Say 'ah!'" She ordered and opened to show him what to do. He couldn't help but think about how cute she looked doing so.

Ryu gently pushed her hand down. "What are you doing up here?" He asked obviously annoyed by her pressence.

"I'm trying to get to know you more," she replied looking towards the sun. "It would be sad if we don't know anything about each other right?" Yuki looked over at him to see him staring at her as if she was crazy. "And I wanted to give you some food since you didn't get a chance to eat this morning." She raised the food up to his mouth again.

"I'm not hungry," he replied and put her hand down again. Refusing to give up, Yuki held up the food again. Defeated by his growling tummy, he opened his mouth and took the delicious sushi into his mouth. She smiles as she saw him close his eyes and savor the food she made especially for him.

"I'll eat," Ryu began. "But I'm feeding myself." Yuki giggled happily and handed him the box and chopsticks. She opened her own bento and began eating beside him. Yuki tried to make conversation with Ryu while they ate only to be responded with short replies again.

When they finished, the two walked back to the classroom. Since she wasn't looking where she was going, Yuki bumped head first into a wall when trying to pass the door. She whined quietly rubbing her head with one hand while holding the two bento boxes in the other.

"You really are a stupid head," Ryu whispered and took the boxes from her.

~Class~

"Why are we playing soccer during math class?" Yuki heard one of the students say. She herself was confused. She watched as Yankumi tried to get other students to join her game of soccer, but failing miserably. Yuki screamed and ducked as she saw a ball flyiing towards her face.

"Are you ok Kudo-san?" Takeda cried in worry. Yuki nodded and blushed thinking how stupid she must've looked. Yankumi came up to Ryu who stood near the goal cooly.

"Odagiri-san?" She asked. "Why didn't you block the goal?" Ryu looked at her like she was stupid. "I'm on your team," he stated cooly. Yuki watched in amusement as her teacher turned to the side bagging on herself. Suddenly Yabuki stood up and began walking into the building, which other students followed. Ryu also walked after everyone began leaving. Yuki watched Takeda try to talk to Ryu but ended up being ignored. 'I wonder if he knows something we don't...' Yuki thought suspiciously and slowly walked up behind Yankumi trying to hear her conversation with Takeda.

~Later that day~

Ryu told her to go home before him and that he would be back around night time when he finishes some business. Although she was worried, Yuki obeyed him and went home.

Yuki paced the room worrying for Ryu. "What if he got in a fight again?" She murmered with a frown.

"You really don't trust me that much?" A voice called out as the door closed. "Odagiri-kun!" Yuki said in surprise. 'When did he get in here?! So quiet...'

"I trust you..."She said looking at the ground. "I was just worried after what's happened."

"Well I'm fine, good night," he said and walked past her. As he walked by, he ruffled her hair gently leaving a blushing Yuki behind.

In her room she thought back to what Takeda said."All of this because of a fight with another school..." she said in disbelief. "Yabuki is hot tempered, but he wouldn't be like this without a reason. I wonder what really happened. Why won't Takeda tell us all of it instead of leaving us hanging?" With that Yuki took a short shower and got ready for bed. "Well tomorrow's another day."