It's Time to be Smart

Ryu Odagiri's Fiance in an All Boys' School

In the cafe, three of them were doing what they usually did. Hayato tried to check out girls passing the windows and trying to act like the cool leader. Yuki and Ryu were cuddling. Hyuga and Takeda were looking through job listings Yankumi had handed out. Tsucchi was the only one who acted differently than usual since he was so excited for his interview. However once Hayato and Ryu were reminded of what they wanted to do, they realized they still didn't know so Ryu, Hayato, and Yuki began looking through the lists too.

"Yuki-chan," Takeda asked. "What do you want to be?"

"A nurse," Yuki simply answered. Hayato chuckled.

"You're lucky Ryu," Hayato teased. "Your wife is basically wearing a bed costume for you if you know what I mean." Ryu punched him in the shoulder lightly, making Yuki confused.

"What does he mean?" Yuki asked Ryu innocently. He seemed to be conflicting with himself for a few minutes before whispering in her ear. Her eyes widened as she turned and started pawing at Hayato, who was losing his breath from laughing. "Shut up Hayato! That's dirty!"

"Okay okay okay!" Hayato wheezed through his laughter. "Man Yuki is so violent nowadays." He ruffled her hair as Ryu looked at them when he saw what was going on.

"Stop playing around," Ryu ordered moodly. "We still need to find jobs." The five of them looked at him weird but decided not to say anything. Yuki wanted to ask him about it later though to make sure nothing's wrong. Suddenly things got worse when Todoroki and his friends stepped into the cafe.

"All of you from Kurogin," Todoroki said as he smirked. "Thanks for last time." The guys turned to glare at him as Yuki placed a hand on Hayato's shoulder, making Ryu turn his glare to the two of them. Todoroki noticed this also. "So I see Odagiri's grown attached to the group's toy huh?" Immediately Ryu kicked his chair away and stood up to Todoroki. Yuki ran over and hugged him back.

"Ryu, no," Yuki pleaded. "Remember what we promised Yankumi. Don't let him get to you." In just a few minutes, Yuki had no idea why, but they soon found themselves following Todoroki and his gang to some place. Yuki quietly snuck away from the group, but continued following. She pulled out her phone and called Yankumi to come save the guys, knowing they won't be fighting back. She waited and pleaded God for Yankumi to come in time as her breath hitched seeing Todoroki and some of the other guys walk out with pipes in their hands. "No, please, Ryu, please don't let something bad happen."

"We have no intention of fighting you guys," Ryu stated, but Yuki could see him tense even if he was far away.

"That's all there is to it," Hayato added and did his bunny. "See ya."

"You think you can just walk away easily like that?" Todoroki asked as he mocked Hayato's bunny. Yuki quietly gasped and the guys jumped to Hayato as Todoroki's fist sliced the air and came down on poor Hayato's face. Hayato saw Tsucchi about to get revenge so he called for him back. They exchanged a look, causing Tsucchi to give in to being a pacifist for the moment. Yuki smiled, knowing she's never been more proud of Hayato, but they have so many enemies, what if they don't live until graduation? She quickly shook her head of those terrible thoughts.As the other school's guys challenged them again, Ryu turned to face their leader.

"We told you we don't feel like it," Ryu repeated. Yuki watched in horror as she saw the guys get ed to the ground and abused repeatedly.

"Yankumi's coming soon right? We should be fine for just a bit..." Yuki hoped. She ran out from her hiding place and stood with her arms spread over Ryu. "Please stop hurting them!" Her friends began to yell at her for her actions as Todoroki and his guys laughed. As she turned to glare at each of Todoroki's guys, Yuki noticed a slight pink figure near the entrance. "Shiratori-sensei?" Yuki felt hopeful once again when she saw Shiratori on the phone. "Please don't hurt them anymore, they said they have no intention on fighting you."

In just a few minutes Yuki found herself being thrown and pushed around by the guys from the other school. She could hear Ryu and the guys yelling, but Yuki couldn't tell if they were yelling from the pain or for her.

"Yuki!" Ryu's pained voice felt like a knife penetrating her heart each time she heard him cry. Yuki looked over to him and felt even more pain when she saw how the guys were abusing him.

"Ryu!" Yuki cried back and pushed her way through the guys and tried to shield Ryu. The way his hair fell over his head every time he was punched made him look weaker and weaker, but in her eyes he was still strong. Yuki could tell Todoroki was angered for he pushed some guys aside and held Ryu up by his collar.

"Oy, why won't you fight back?" Todoroki demanded as he came to each of the guys and grabbed Yuki by the arm roughly. "Maybe you'll fight back if I do something to Odagiri's girlfriend." Their eyes widened as Todoroki began touching her, causing her to squirm and try to get out of his grip.

"Don't touch her!" Ryu shouted as he tried to save her, but fell over due to the pain he was in. The other guys slid down on the wall, unable to help Yuki and felt guilt in their hearts as they tried to stand up. Yuki knew they wanted to help her, so she didn't hold it against them, they were in a lot of pain.

"Don't touch my precious students!" A familiar female voice commanded. Yuki felt relief wash over her body as she broke from Todoroki's grasp and appeared next to Ryu in an instant. The two hugged each other tightly as Hayato, Takeda, Tsucchi, and Hyuga came over to try and keep Todoroki from grabbing her again just in case.

"I won't let you lay another finger on them," Yankumi swore and pulled out her pigtails and removed her glasses as she had done so many times before.

"The homeroom teacher here to revenge her students?" Todoroki mocked.

"Don't kid around!" Yankumi retorted as Todoroki stepped up to her. Yuki gripped Ryu's hand an gasped when their teacher was struck. Even the other guys became shocked, but Yankumi once again regained her calm composure. Todoroki, like before, ordered her to fight back, unable to understand what was going on. "You won't understand why there weren't fighting back." Yankumi's calm voice sent chills down his back as she glared at him. "They weren't holding back just to entertain you. They've endured so much. I can't just waste their efforts. Hit me all you want. But be sure you know what you're doing. Because I'm prepared for the worst!" Her challenge sent the Todoroki falling backwards. Yuki would've giggled, but this is the first time their teacher seemed so...scary. Ryu sensed her fear and held her hand in a reassuring way. Luckily it was enough to scare all of Todoroki and his guys, making them dash out the doors. Yankumi approached them with pride in her eyes, but also worry.

"You guys," Yankumi started. "Are really stupid. You let them do is to you."

"Yeah," Tsucchi agreed. "We're stupid."

"But," Hayato replied before wincing. "We can't help it."

"We promised you," Ryu stated. Yuki smiled at Ryu through her tears and hugged him gently, trying not to hurt him anymore.

"We're going to graduate," Hyuga said with a pained smiled.

"With everyone," Takeda added and tried to sit up.

"Wait here okay?" Yuki asked as she teared up even more. "I'm going to get some things and come back to help you guys with your wounds." Everyone watched as she ran out of the warehouse, leaving a small trail of tears behind. Yuki ran like Sonic to the closest place she could for medicine and came back just as fast. She, Yankumi, and Shiratori began to dress their wounds. Yuki was helping Ryu and Hayato, Yankumi helped Tsucchi and Takeda, and Shiratori tried to help Hyuga. Yuki was already finished with Ryu, so Ryu watched her carefully when Yuki began working on Hayato.

"Hayato, I'm so proud of you today," Yuki said smiling. "You're always the first one to punch, but today you really controlled yourself." Hayato smiled back and weakly ruffled her hair again. Yuki hugged him gently, but let go when a hand grabbed hers and began pulling her out of the warehouse. "I'll see you guys tomorrow!" Yuki led as she and Ryu exited. the walk home was surprisingly quiet until Ryu halted and turned around.

"Are you trying to make me jealous?" Ryu asked angrily. Yuki stared at him confused and worried.

"No, what are you talking about?" She asked. "Ryu-kun, what's wrong?"

"Don't call me that!" Ryu cried. "I won't be able to stay mad at you then. You know how much I hate it when touch other guys like that? Hayato's my best friend but it makes me jealous when you hug him or let him or any other guys touch you in a friendly gesture."

"Ryu, they're just friends," Yuki reasoned. "They're my friends too, and you know Hayato and I only think of each other as siblings."

"Well it doesn't look like that to me," Ryu retorted. "The way you two are so friendly, someone can mistaken you two as a couple and that annoys me."

"Well we aren't a couple," Yuki claimed. "You're my boyfriend, not him." Ryu sighed frustrated.

"Let's put it this way," Ryu said. "If there was a girl I was becoming close to and I hugged her like that or ruffled her hair like Hayato does to you, how would you feel?" Yuki opened , but felt no words coming out. She looked down and felt pain again.

"I'd feel jealous," she whispered. "Ryu-kun, I'm sorry." Yuki moved to hug him, but was stopped by him as he put his hand up.

"Don't," Ryu whispered. "I didn't say anything about this for days. I really thought you'd be able to realize and fix things before I had to tell you. Let's just spend some time apart for a while okay?" His words made her stop where she was. "I'm not saying break up, but let's give each other some space. Maybe I'll be less clingy." Yuki latched onto his arm.

"No!" She cried into his back. "I don't want you to be less clingy. Know that you're the only one in my heart. Please don't leave me alone." Ryu sighed knowing he felt the same towards her. He wanted to deny her, but his heart wouldn't let him. Yuki decided to be bold and grabbed his face and lowered it to hers for a kiss. Yuki smiled again feeling his arms pull her closer to him. She moved her one of her hands to behind his head and pulled him closer also. After a few minutes, they broke apart staring at each other out of breath.

"I love you Yuki," Ryu said as he the necklace he got her at the festival. She eyed the necklace in his fingers and felt tears coming again. Yuki embraced him again and hid her face in his chest.

"I love you too Ryu-kun," she muttered. Her voice tickled, so he chuckled, causing his chest to vibrate against her face. Ryu tilted her head up and gave her another soft kiss.

"Honestly I don't want us to be apart either," Ryu spoke as they continued walking again. "But can I ask you to try to not act like that around other guys? I know it sounds possessive, but I want you to only be my treasure. I don't want anyone else to be able to see your beauty like I do."

"Ryu..."Yuki whispered. He smiled, loving the way she says his name. Not just at that moment, but every time she says his name, it sends him tingles.

"It's okay," Ryu chuckled. "Sleep with me tonight okay? I want to be able to hold you so you'll never leave." He went behind her and wrapped his arms around her neck as they walked home in that position. "I love you," he whispered in her ear, causing her to giggle.

"Why would I ever want to leave a man like you Odagiri Ryu?" Yuki asked and her nose met Ryu's lips, causing her to make a face that Ryu thought was adorable. They continued walking until they were outside of Ryu's door. "Wait for me, I'm going to change okay?"Ryu's grip on her hand didn't loosen. "What's wrong?" Ryu felt his heart flutter from the cute yet worried look Yuki gave him. He smiled to ease her nerves as Yuki felt herself melting under his gaze.

"Why don't you wear one of my shirts for tonight?" He chuckled at her confusion as he brought her into his room. He handed her one of his dress shirts that was long enough to reach her mid thigh.

"Turn around!" Yuki ordered embarrassed when she noticed Ryu trying to watch her change. "Jeez you can have your erted moments too huh?" He chuckled and obeyed, waiting for her to tell him when it was okay to turn. "Okay, you can turn around now." Ryu turned around and lost his breath at the sight before him. Yuki stood there still blushing with his shirt that clung loosely to her figure even if it was too big for her. Her bra and school blazer and such were on the ground next to her feet and he noticed she was still wearing her skirt to still cover her lower half. Ryu smiled knowing her innocence mattered to her. However the way she was dressed proved to be a cute yet seductive look. She had a shirt that was big on her, making her look smaller than usual, giving her a cute look. The seductive look came from the shirt also, it was Ryu's shirt, so Yuki wearing it is basically saying Yuki is Ryu's girlfriend.

"You look so cute," Ryu complimented as he gave her a soft peck on the lips. Yuki squealed and playfully pawed at his chest to get him off.

"Ryu-kun!" She whined cutely. "You need to change for bed too!" Yuki crawled under the covers as Ryu began taking his shirt off, causing Yuki to pull the covers over her eyes. "No wait! Not in here!" Ryu couldn't help but continue laughing at her.

"Why not? It's my room, besides just keep the covers over your eyes," Ryu teased and continued changing. Yuki felt weight on the bed, knowing Ryu was now done. She put the covers down but immediately pulled them back over her eyes. "Ryu-kun!"

"What?" Ryu teased. "I always sleep like this; comfortable pants and no shirt." He laughed as he heard her squeak from under the covers. "Well then, night night Yuki." He turned over and hugged the nervous girl to his chest. Even though she wasn't facing him and had a shirt on, Yuki still felt his bare chest on her back as he cuddled into her.

"Wait Ryu!" Yuki cried, but sighed when she realized Ryu was already asleep. She turned over quietly and tried not to wake him as she kissed his nose. "I guess you would be tired after today." She snuggled into his chest, forgetting about the shirt thing and fell asleep.

"AHHH!!!!" Yuki's high shriek was heard everywhere in the house when she woke up the next morning. Luckily no one was in the house except the two of them. Yuki had woke up that morning with Ryu's bare chest in her back.

"What's wrong?" Ryu worriedly asked as he sat up after her. He looked at her expression and laughed. "Did you forget what happened?" Yuki sat there embarrassed until she remembered things. Yuki nodded shyly to him and began dressing. They kept their backs turned to each other until they were done. They left for school, ready for a happier day.

"Good luck!" Everyone said to Tsucchi, Hamaguchi, Kojiyama, and Omori.

"I'll skip today's interview," Tsucchi suggested sadly. Yuki wanted to comfort him, but didn't want to make Ryu feel jealous so she stood back and kept shut.

"Why though?" Yankumi asked him.

"Look at my face," Tsucchi pointed out.

"Tsucchiya," Yankumi interrupted. "You didn't do anything wrong. If they ask, just tell them the truth." He nodded but everyone could still see worry in his eyes, so Hayato decided to be a good friend again.

"Okay everyone," he announced. "Formation F!" Yuki giggled as everyone obeyed. They made arches with their hands. Takeda was on her left as Hayato stood on her right. Ryu stood in front of her and raised his hands up, Yuki stood on her tip toes to reach his hands. Tsucchi and the other three proudly walked under the arches and went for their interviews as the class cheered them on. Yuki smiled with joy as she watched her friends walk out happily.

"They seem happy don't they?" Yuki asked Ryu as she leaned on him. He nodded and smiled back at her. After class everyone caught up to their teachers who were with Tsucchi, Hamaguchi, Kojiyama, and Omori.

"Tsucchi!" Takeda cried.

"I was lonely!" Hyuga cried as he clung onto Tsucchi.

"Oy!" Tsucchi yelled trying to pry Hyuga off him. "It'd be fine if you were a pretty girl like Yuki, but I don't like guys that way Hyuga!" Everyone laughed at his joke. "So Yuki, how about a congratulations?" Yuki was about to hug him, but stopped remembering about Ryu, so she just gave him a thumbs up.

"I hope you did well Tsucchi!" Yuki cheered.

"How was the interview?" Hayato asked with his bunny sign. Tsucchi mimicked the gesture.

"It was fine," he replied as everyone congratulated them again.

"Okay you guys!" Yankumi called out. "We will all graduate together!"

"YEAH!" The class cried, except Ryu and Yuki. Yuki giggled at their activeness and jumped onto Ryu's back.

"Again!" Yankumi ordered. A louder "YEAH!" was shouted. "Once more!" Again, it became louder. "We're not done yet!" One last time, the class roared the "YEAH!" ccausing Yuki to feel vibrations in her ear as they screamed.

"So noisy," Ryu commented. Yuki pecked him on the cheek.

"You know you love this class," she giggled as he held her hand tighter. "This class really matured since the first day."