Welcome Back Kosuke!

Ryu Odagiri's Fiance in an All Boys' School

When Yankumi showed up, she seemed a little shaken. Yuki tried to ease her nerves by giving her a small smile, which Yankumi returned and did feel calmer before of her student.

"Quiet, you guys," Yankumi announced. "I brought college and vocational school info. And I also have a list of job openings. Once again, please think..." Of course Hayato wasn't paying attention along with most of the guys from the class, but Yuki doubt that's what made her stop talking. She followed Yankumi's view to Kosuke's desk. "Is Huuyga absent?"

"Isn't he working?" Tsucchi asked.

"Even during the day?" Yankumi replied surprised.

"Poor Yankumi must be so worried about him," Yuki whispered to Ryu, who gave her a nod. "You've worked at a club before, should we go check it out to make sure he's safe?" Again, she recieved a nod from him.

"He's been making a lot of money lately," Hayato announced without looking up from his book. That's strange...Seeing Hayato read something.

"Haya-kun?" Yuki asked looking over his shoulder. She lost her balance as she saw what he was holding. Outside was a regular manga book, but really he was just using it to hide a play boy magazine. "No wonder he was staring so intently at that thing..."

"Hm?" Ryu asked. He leaned back and saw what Yuki saw. Immediately his eyes widened and he made her switch seats with him because he wanted her to maintain her innocence. Since a lot were already standing or blocking them, Yankumi didn't notice the change.

"Huuyga said it was a night job," Tsucchi said. "But I wonder what he's really doing." Yankumi looked deep in thought, speaking about it in yukaza slang, causing Ryu to roll his eyes, Hayato to call her stupid, and for Yuki to giggled silently when Yankumi realized what she did and tried to cover up her mistake.

"She's bringing it on herself," Ryu said quietly. Yankumi quickly yelled to take risks for college, luckily it lost their attention so they no longer said anything about it.

"Good thing the three smartest of the class already found out," Yankumi said relieved. "Or I would've been in trouble. Well Yabuki-san isn't that smart but still...."

After school Hayato led them to the usual cafe they go to but they became silent when Kosuke entered the room. Yuki was supportive of him at first, but at the cafe he seemed so high of himself. Kosuke was talking in a superior tone to them as if he was king compared to them just because of a job.

"I'm making lots of money now," Kosuke said as he looked down upon them. Well he tried to since almost since Ryu, Hayato, and Tsucchi were taller than him. "Working a night job is hard work. If I keep working hard, they might make me manager. The guy I'm working under seems to be a big shot. Obviously I'm going to work harder under someone like him!"

"You're not doing any dangerous jobs are you?" Hayato asked annoyed, but Yuki could tell he was concerned.

"What?" Kosuke talked as if he was laughing in his face. "You sound like Yankumi."

Ryu put down his drink and glared at Kosuke. "We're just worried about you."

"Why don't you worry about yourselves?" Kosuke asked with attitutde. "You still haven't chosen jobs yet right?" Before Tsucchi had the chance to act, Yuki stepped up and slapped Kosuke. Everyone stared in shock, especially Ryu, because they never saw their sweet friend like that. She was always the one holding them back or comforting them.

"Don't think you're so high and mighty just because you got a job and you're rich!" Yuki scolded. "I supported you before because you still seemed like Kosuke Huuyga, now you seem just like another rich boy showing off his money!" Kosuke now became the most shocked one of the group. The one that gave him support before is now scolding him.

"Of course being rich doesn't mean anything to you or Ryu!" Kosuke yelled back once he got over his shock. "You two already have your parents' money! You can just retire now and not have to care! Unlike you I get money from working hard! Not just by laying around and looking pretty!" Even more angered, Yuki slapped him a second time. "Fine, I'm out of here." With that Kosuke put down a bill and stomped out of the door after saying, "Here's my treat." Ryu stood up and gave the fuming Yuki a hug, surprisingly it calmed her down right away.

"What?" She asked as the guys looked at her.

"You slapped Kosuke," Hayato replied. "And yelled at him." Yuki started blushing as she realized what she did.

"I'm sorry!" She yelled as she tried to hide herself in Ryu's chest. "Did I really lose control and do that to him?" Everyone replied yes while Ryu nodded. "I'm sorry, you guys I--" She began stuttering on her words.

"It's fine," Tsucchi said proudly. "I would've done it myself if you didn't stand up!" Tsucchi threw her a thumbs up, making her smile again.

"His attitude really ," Takeda muttered sourly, earning nods from everyone. They said goodbye and paid for their drinks before leaving.

"Ryu, I'm really worried for him," Yuki said as they were walking home. "I know he's really bad right now, enough to make me angered, but still..." Ryu slowed himself so he would be walking behind her. When Yuki was in front of him, he wrapped his arms around her shoulders and put his head on hers, as they walked.

"Don't worry okay?" He asked. "If he is doing something dangerous, you know we'll come save him." Yuki nodded, trusting Ryu. When they got to the mansion, Ryu kissed her goodnight before going into his bed. However just a few minutes later, Yuki walked into his room.

"Ryu-kun?" A small voice asked. "Can I sleep with you tonight?" Ryu chuckled at her timidness and patted the other side of the bed. As soon as she got in, Ryu pulled her into a hug. "R-Ryu-kun?"

"Shh," he cooed into her ear. "Let's sleep with you in my arms." Yuki blushed as she felt Ryu breathing on her neck.

"I didn't think you were a cuddler," Yuki whispered quietly, getting a small smile from him. "But that's why I like you." She kissed him lightly on the nose and they fell asleep in that position.

The next day when Yankumi was taking role, no one was really surprised to see Kosuke absent again.

"Who cares about that guy? Tsucchi retorted. "He doesn't deserve our pity."

"Did something happen?" Yankumi asked worriedly. "He pisses me off!" was his response. Ryu and Yuki let the other four guys explain what happened, which caused the class to yell when they found out the sweet Yuki Kudo had slapped Kosuke not only once, but twice.

"Are you saying you guys aren't friends anymore?" Yankumi asked. Before anyone could talk, Yuki stood up.

"Of course we're friends," Yuki replied. "But that's not our friend Kosuke there. It's some pompous jerk that acts high and mighty just because he has a job before anyone else." Yankumi seemed a bit satisfied with Yuki's answer but lectured them anyways since no one else answered.

Throughout the day it wasn't hard to see the others so down about what happened. Yuki decided to bring some life to the class again.

"Ryu-kun!" She whispered. "Throw a ball of paper around. It feels weird seeing them so quiet." Ryu rolled his eyes at Yuki's childish suggestion, but it did seem like something that would cheer them up a bit. Yuki ran up to Yankumi to share her idea before doing it. As she sat back down and Yankumi turned around, Ryu threw a paper ball at the back of Yankumi's head.

"Who threw that?" Yankumi asked, pretending to be angry. Yuki and Ryu pointed to Hayato, who turned to them confused.

"EH?!" He cried. "ME?! I WAS JUST SITTING HERE!" Yankumi pretended to get angrier that he would accuse another student and threw the paper ball at Hayato. He crumpled up another paper and threw it at Ryu who ducked, making it hit Yuki. She smiled as she saw Hayato getting excited again.

"Haya-kun!" She called. "Take this!" Yuki chucked another ball at him, but he ducked so she hit Takeda instead, causing the class to laugh. Takeda chuckled and tried throwing the paper at her. However his aim was way off since he somehow hit a kid all the way the the right.

"TAKEDA!" The guy yelled as he began chasing Takeda around the classroom. 'This is the classroom I know and love.' Yuki thought as she held Ryu's hand. Hayato looked at them and felt happy for his friend.

After school they went to the usual cafe again. They were discussing about Kosuke and his job. Ryu just sat there observing and analyzing what he's hearing. For the first time that day, Ryu spoke a few sentences.

"He said he was still an apprentice right?" Ryu asked, gaining their attention. "Don't you think it's strange they're paying him so much?" Yuki realized he was right.

"Maybe," Takeda said thinking aloud. "Night jobs have high pay?"

"That doesn't seem likely," Yuki replied. but she agreed with Ryu. It does seem kind of strange.

"What's wrong?" Hayato asked his worried best friend.

"It seems too good to be true," Ryu stated. Soometimes it was good to someone as quiet and observant as Ryu. He took notice of many things not much could see, but sometimes his logic can be used against you.

"You guys," a voice chimed in. "No matter what you say, you're still worried about Hyuga." Everyone nodded but jumped once they realized it wasn't any of them who said that.

"Yankumi you're going to give me a heart attack one day!" Yuki exclaimed as she sat down next to Ryu. Apparently Yankumi was happy that they weren't giving up on their friend. Suddenly Yankumi got a call from Kosuke's mom, telling her Kosuke was in trouble. Everyone rushed down to the warehouse they took him to. 'Hang on, Kosuke,' Yuki thought fiercely.

When they got there they saw Kosuke's mom thrown to the side while the other guys were ganging up on their friend. Yuki grasped Ryu's arm, causing him to hide her face in his chest to avoid her seeing it. From his chest, Yuki could hear Yankumi scream at the guys to stop, ask them to return Kosuke, but when they declined, Yuki began to heard thumps, punches, kicks, and bodies hitting the ground. When it was over Ryu let her go, but continued holding her hand.

"Kosuke!" Everyone yelled as they reached him. When Kosuke's mom tried to clean him with a hankerchief, he pushed her away. Yuki frowned at him.

"Don't come to a place like this," Kosuke scolded his mom. "Don't try to act so lame!" Just like before Yuki couldn't handle it, so before Yankumi could do it, Yuki slapped him.

"Don't you dare call that woman lame!" She shouted at him. "Do you know how worried she was for you? Your mom is the woman who gave birth to you yet you treat her so terrible! But still she waits for you at night and even came here to try and save you! Yes she couldn't do it on her own, but she risked herself for an ungrateful son!" Ryu thought it'd be better if Yankumi did it since she seemed to have a bigger influence than Yuki so he hugged her to calm her down and pulled her aside. Right after that, Yankumi went up and slapped him, causing the poor boy to lose his balance.

"You're the lame one here!" Yankumi scolded. "Who makes their parents do all of this? You grew up this much because you had parents that worried about you! But since Yuki already covered the bases, I'll let you off easy. You didn't get this far on your own Kosuke, understand that." Yuki frowned again when Kosuke tried to pull away from his mom when she held his arm, yet her grip didn't loosen. Instead she continued holding on. As Kosuke and his mom were about to leave, Yankumi thought it should be a nicer good bye than this.

"See you at school tomorrow!" Yankumi called out, causing Kosuke and his mother to smile. Hayato did his signature bunny ears, causing Yuki to squeal.

"Don't be late," Hayato warned with a smile.

"Make sure you come," Tsucchi said like a scolding parent. Takeda gave a cute wave while Ryu just put up his hand.

"If you don't come I'll hit you again," Yuki threatened as she stuck her tongue out. She leaned her head on Ryu's shoulder as the two retreated from the warehouse.

The next day at school, Yankumi told them about how the bar was put into the newspaper and that the school hadn't found out that Kosuke worked there.

"So lucky!" Yuki exclaimed as she leaned into Ryu. "Welcome back though Kosuke!"

"Ryu's the lucky one!" Hayato pointed out.

"Yeah," Tsucchi added. "He has a pretty girlfriend to show off." Their friends began teasing them as Yuki blushed and tried to hide her smile, but was betrayed by her dimples. Ryu poked them and kissed her softly on both cheeks before leaning back in his chair smirking.

"Awww!" Yankumi squealed. "My two top students are so cute!" Hayato decided to mess with them even more.

"So you two are at the top of this class, but who's on top in bed?" Hayato teased with a cheeky grin, causing Yuki blush a dark red before trying to beat up Hayato.

"Who do you think?" Ryu retorted with another smirk, causing the class to laugh since they didn't expect the quietest man of the class to say something like that.

"Ryu-kun! Why would you say that?! That's not true!" She began trying to pull Ryu's cheeks before Hayato ruffled her hair.

"So are you saying you're on top?" Hayato asked, still grinning stupidly.

"No!" Yuki screamed at him before trying to claw him. "No one's on top! We don't even do that at home! We're pure!" She yelled. Ryu decided to stop but continued smiling as he hugged her.

"Awww that's such a cute way to calm down your girlfriend!" Yankumi squealed. "If only Kujo-sensei did that for me." Everyone stared at her as she began daydreaming about her crush.

"Well at least things are back to the way they are," Yuki said, sighly happily.