Ryo-kun, how could you do this?

Ryu Odagiri's Fiance in an All Boys' School

Running  after her teacher, she finally found Yankumi-sensei at the bus stop.

“Yankumi-sensei!” Yuki cried out as she ran.

“Kudo-san!” Yankumi  cried.

“If you’re looking for Ryu-kun, I’m going with you,” Yuki said, trying to catch her breath. Yankumi saw the determination in her student’s eyes and nodded.

“Yabuki-san told me where Odagiri-san worked. Isn’t he so helpful?” She asked Yuki with happiness in her eyes. Seeing how joyful her teacher was, Yuki didn’t have the heart to tell her about her doubts. The bus finally came to their stop and the two got on. At the last stop, they thanked the bus driver and got off.

“THAT BOY WILL PAY FOR THIS!” Yankumi screamed. “Ooh…Cold, cold, cold, cold!” Yuki giggled at how funny her teacher was.

“Yankumi-sensei, let’s walk around. Maybe it is around here,” Yuki suggested.

Fentzen.

The bright blow colors highlighted the word on a club roof.

“Yankumi!” Yuki cried happily, gaining her teacher’s attention. She grabbed her teacher’s hand and pointed to the door. However when they tried to get in, they were turned away from the bouncer for not dressing right and Yuki was turned away for being ‘a little girl’. Yuki suggested going in through a back door and the two went around the club. They stopped walking when a man dressed in black walked out of a door. ‘He looks a little young to be working here…’ Yuki thought to herself.

“Odagiri-kun?” Yankumi asked cautiously. The man turned to the two ladies, obviously annoyed.

“What?” He asked coldly. ‘So it is him…’ The two thought happily. Ryu-kun looks so handsome… At least my parents made sure of that.’ Yuki thought, but then scolded herself for being so shallow.

“I’m your homeroom teacher, Yamaguchi Kumiko. Nickname’s Yankumi,” Yankumi-sensei spoke proudly. “I’d like you to come to school again.” Yankumi and Ryu spoke a few words until she bravely stated that Ryu was an obedient boy for doing what he was told. Yuki gasped as he walked up and grabbed Yankumi by the collar.

“Are you trying to fight with me?” Ryu asked with his eyebrows raised. Worried for her teacher, Yuki ran up to him and grabbed his hand.

“Stop it Ryu-kun!” She cried, looking at the man in front of her. She began to feel shy under his gaze and looked down, hands still on his.  As Ryu let go of her collar, Yuki released his hand also, but Yankumi continued being bold.

“Unfortunately I don’t fight with those weaker than me,” she stated, engaging the two in a staring contest. Ryu broke it by going over to the corner and began sorting bottles. Yuki’s eyes followed her teacher as Yankumi walked to where Ryu was. Yankumi tried to convince him to go to school again. Ryu angrily told her that her words won’t affect him since all teachers were the same.

“Odagiri-san, will you give me a chance?” She asked sincerely. “I won’t betray you. I’ll protect you no matter what happens.” Before he could answer, a door slammed open.

“Ryu!” a voice from behind them boomed. “What are you doing? No slacking off!” Ryu bowed and apologized to him as the man walked away.

“Is that your friend?” Yankumi asked. “If he’s a friend that thinks for you seriously. If not, cut all ties with him right now.” Yankumi commanded. All of a sudden, Ryu’s attitude seemed to change.

“I want to go to school too,” he spoke so softly that Yuki could barely hear him. Ryu was staring at the ground sadly and stood up, walking to the other side.

“If it’s the superintendent or the head teacher, I can—“She was interrupted by Ryu who spoke again.

“It’s not that,” he replied. “Until I pay them back. Until I pay them back, I won’t be free.” Ryu raised his head and looked at the two ladies in front of him.

“How much?” Yankumi asked. Ryu looked away and back again.

“It’s none of your business,” he replied. Yuki’s heart hurt from how sad he looked and walked up to him.

“Ryu-kun, we want to help you,” she said in a gentle voice and gave him a sweet smile. She slowly put her hand on his shoulder. “How much do you owe them?” Ryu looked up at her and stared intensely into her eyes. As she felt her cheeks burning up, she dropped her hand from his shoulder and tried to look away. After a few more seconds, Ryu finally answered.

“300,000 yen,” he said with shame. Yuki let out a quiet gasp. She was rich, but she knew that 300,000 yen was still a lot.

“Then you can cut all ties with them right?” Yankumi asked to make sure. “And go to school again?” Ryu nodded sadly.

“Yes,” he replied, and looked down again. “We’ll help you so don’t worry ok, Ryu-kun?” Yuki promised and smiled to her teacher, who nodded to both of them. With that, Yankumi said good bye to both of them and ran off to somewhere, probably forgetting about Yuki who stood there awkwardly next to Ryu.

“Ryu-kun, would it be possible if we can walk home together tonight?” Yuki asked shyly. She remembered her father saying this marriage was permanent and there was no way out unless she died, so might as well try to get along right?

“You can walk yourself home,” Ryu said coldly. “And don’t make promises you can’t keep.”

“I can keep this promise, Ryu-kun,” Yuki said, finally with a bit of courage in her voice. “I’m that girl from the rich family that your parents ordered an arranged marriage to.” Her words stopped Ryu in his tracks.

“I’ve met a lot of rich girls before, but you’re the first to make up a lie this stupid to get together with me,” he said as he glared at her harshly. “You’re probably just like all the other rich girls, a spoiled brat. One thing that you are like them with, you go only for looks.”

“If you don’t believe me, ask your parents,” Yuki started. “And I admit I can be shallow, but who isn’t? Everyone says they are more attracted to personality, but they never would’ve tried to get to know that person if they didn’t look attractive a little right? Don’t think you know everything.” Inside her head, she mentally cheered for getting courage to talk back to him. Although another part of her scolded her for being stupid, since he can easily beat her into a pulp if she made him too angry. Seeing the fire in her eyes, Ryu couldn’t help but believe her a bit. Just as before, he walked up to her and grabbed her by the collar.

“Wait for me to finish my shift and we’ll finish talking,” he commanded. “Stay.”

“Woof,” Yuki said with her hands up, trying to mock him. Ignoring her, Ryu began walking back into the club to finish his shift, which ends in 10 minutes anyways so Yuki walked over to the small chair and sat there waiting for him.

Ryu finally finished his shift and came out again.

“Follow me,” he said and led her to an expensive looking motorcycle. ‘Well his attitude changed…’ she thought bitterly. The ride home to the Odagiri household was quiet, with Yuki trying to make small talk occasionally, which failed since she was ignored. Ryu stomped into the house and Yuki followed quietly behind him.

“Get my father down here immediately,” Ryu ordered the butler at the door. The butler bowed and went upstairs. Yuki walked around the room, noticing how big it was. It was bigger than her mansion! She was in awe as she spotted the pictures of Ryu. He was so cute before, but now he was extremely handsome! Yuki scolded herself a second time for being like that.

“Ryu! Son! And Kudo-san!” A voice yelled out from above. “Maid, lead Kudo-san to her room while I explain things to my son.” The maid behind him nodded and asked Yuki to follow her upstairs.

“Whee!” Yuki squealed as she bounced on her bed.

“Is everything according to your liking Kudo-sama?” The maid giggled. Yuki happily nodded and thanked the maid. “Young master Ryu is right next to your room. Please call me if you need any assistance.” As she left, Yuki sat on her bed wondering what was happening downstairs. After about an hour, Yuki heard a door slam to the right of her room. She pressed her ear against the wall to hear what Ryu was doing. However the more she listened, the more she wished she didn’t. She sunk down into her bed and began crying silently.

“He seems so abusive and doesn’t seem to like me at all…”She whimpered. “What if he cheats on me in the future or beats me? I wanted to marry someone I love.” Yuki began to cry a bit louder, but still quietly. “Maybe I can learn to love him in the future…” She cried herself to sleep worrying about the future.

 

~~With Ryu~~

Slamming the door, he let out a frustrated yell. Ryu knocked over a lamp on his table and watched it shatter against the wall. Since his walls were expensive material, it wouldn’t be scratched or broken.

“Screwed up father!” PUNCH. Ryu began to swing his fist at the wall.

“Arranged marriage!” PUNCH.

“Without my consent!” PUNCH.

“Just for money!” PUNCH.

“Annoying teacher!” PUNCH.

“And that DUMB BRATTY GIRL!” PUNCH. With that last punch, he sunk down to the ground, leaning against the wall. He buried his head into his knees and hands and breathed heavily, falling unconscious. A few hours he woke up realizing it was time for work again. As he walked out he saw Yuki’s room on the left. That’s when he realized that even though he gazed at her last night, he never got to see how she looked like closely. He quietly opened her door and peered onto the bed.

In the middle was a small angel looking like she was in hell and scared out of her wits. Ryu finally took his first close look at her. Her rosy cheeks had tear stains that were still a bit damp, her hair was fanned out on her pillows, bangs covered one side of her face, and she was in a ball position on her side.

“Annoying girl,” Ryu whispered and closed the door, going to work again.

 

~~Yuki~~

“Why are my pillows so wet?” She asked as she sat up from her bed. Memories of last night came back to her of her cold fiancé. Yuki noticed she didn’t get a chance to shower or change last night since she passed out from crying. “The time! I need to go!”  Yuki cried and sprayed a small amount of perfume on her and quickly brushed her hair. Once she was out of the door, she decided to see if Ryu was still in his room, although it was unlikely. As she expected, Ryu wasn’t in the room so she ran to the car to be driven to school.

At school, she walked into the class worried about how people would look at her since she was the only girl in the school and she probably had tear stains still. The 3D class all quiet down and looked at her as she walked into the room. She felt them looking when she was walking to her desk. It was like they all made a mental note of whatever she did. As soon as she sat down, a few boys ran to her and attempted to flirt right away.

“Kudo-san,” a boy she didn’t know asked. “How about a date with a big man today after school?” Yuki politely declined him. The boy walked away with his head down and his friends laughing at him. She felt bad for making him feel humiliated, but she didn’t like him that way. Just as he leaves, another guy comes up, this time it was a guy with spikey hair.

“I’d like to take you out some time, so how about a restaurant near here after school?” The guy asked. Thinking she’d say yes, he turned and winked to his friends. However his smirk fell as soon as Yuki declined also.

“Guys, back off ok?” A familiar voice asked from the right of Yuki. Everyone turned to see Yabuki placing his hands on Yuki’s desk and leaning down towards her. Seeing their class head have an eye on the girl, they knew it’d be useless to compete with him. First off, he knew how to get girls better than them, and second, he’d have his crew beat the guy up if any guy tried to compete with him.

“Well since I saved you from these guys, how about you thank me with a date?” Yabuki asked with a smile and a look that Yuki knew was used to seduce girls.

‘He must really know how to get girls, no wonder he’s so confident’ Yuki thought. The way he looked in front of her really did look seductive, but she was engaged. Yuki wanted to be faithful even if the whole thing was stupid.

“Thank you Yabuki-kun for helping me,” she began. “But I apologize because I can’t go out with you.” With that, Yuki looked down again trying to avoid his eyes. Yabuki frowned and was about to talk to her again until Yankumi came into the class again. Yankumi tried to say good morning but no one responded. In an attempt to make her feel better, Yuki stood up.

“Good morning, Yankumi-sensei,” Yuki said aloud. However only the people near her and Yankumi could hear. The teacher smiled at her only student that gave effort.

“Ignore her, that teacher’s not important Yuki-chan,” Yabuki said and attempted to flirt with Yuki again, but Yankumi caught everyone’s attention. Yankumi chastised the students (except Yuki) about how they were at the levels of kindergarteners for not being able to respond to a simple good morning. Yabuki snapped and kicked his foot against the table, nearly breaking it and cause Yuki to scream. Takeda put his hand on Yuki’s should in attempt to comfort her.

‘She’s really shaking…’Takeda thought.

“Don’t get arrogant,” Yabuki threatened as he held Yankumi by her collar. He dropped her and left the room, causing everyone else to follow him. Takeda gave Yuki one last comforting smile before he exited. In an attempt to cheer up her teacher, Yuki ran up to Yankumi and smiled.

“Yankumi-sensei,” she said, gaining the teacher’s attention. “My family is really rich and I can get the money to pay off Ryu-kun’s debt right away. Then he can come to school again.” Yankumi smiled at her student’s heart.

“Thank you Yuki-san, but I believe I should get the money on my own to prove to him I can be trusted,” Yankumi said. Yuki knew it would take a long time to get the money.

“But I made the promise, please at least take my 100,000 yen,” Yuki pleaded. After a short argument, Yankumi finally agreed to take the money, satisfying Yuki. That day Yuki decided to walk, and on the way home, she saw Yankumi working as a part time construction worker.

Over the next few days, nothing changed. The boys continued trying to flirt with her, Yabuki most of the time. The class still ignored Yankumi and Yuki continued seeing Yankumi working for the money. There was one time when she saw Yabuki and his crew making fun of Yankumi-sensei.

“You know Yakumi-sensei is really admirable,” Yuki stated, glaring at Yabuki. Takeda stopped laughing immediately. Tsucchi glared at the small girl in front of them and Kosuke copied him. Yabuki looked at her in amusement.

“And what makes you think that?” He asked. Keeping her composure, Yuki looked over to Yankumi.

“She’s doing this for those who are precious to her. Even though it seems like they won’t believe her,” Yuki said, smiling at her teacher. “She’s protecting those she cares for, even if she gets a bit annoying doing so.” Yabuki scoffed at her and walked away, followed by his crew.

A few days later, Yankumi caught Yuki after class.

“I finally made it! 300,000 yen!” Yankumi said cheerfully. The two ladies cheered and began running to the club Frentzen. Yankumi walked into the dark room with Yuki fearfully trotting behind her.

“What are you doing here?” A man yelled. “We’re not open yet, come back later.” However Yankumi continued to the table of men and stood there. “Who are you?” The man boomed.

“Odagiri Ryu’s homeroom teacher,” she said bravely. ‘How’s she not scared? This place gives me the creeps…’ Yuki whined in her head. The men began laughing at her response, but quiet down as Yankumi placed an envelope on the table. “Here’s 300,00 yen. I’m paying all the money Odagiri owes you. I want you to let him go.”

“That’s what she said,” the man laughed. “What do you wanna do Ryu?” They all turned their heads to the man in the back counter cleaning cups. Yuki blushed seeing how handsome he looked with the light shining on a small part of him. It made him look mysterious and his look.

‘Snap out of it Yuki! You’re dealing with dangerous people here!’ she yelled in her head.

“You were here? Don’t worry anymore,” Yankumi said comfortingly to Ryu. He walked over to the table. “Let’s go back.”

“Your teacher will give it to us,” the men at the table laugh. What Yuki didn’t expect was for Ryu to smile and begin chuckling with them.

“Ryu-kun…” She said softly, causing him to glare at her again. Ryu held up the money.

“I will take this,” he said smiling. A man asked if he was taking all of it. “Yes.”

“You,” Yankumi started, obviously hurt from what he did.

“Ryu-kun,” Yuki began to speak in Yankumi’s place. “How could you do that to her? Do you know how hard she worked for you? You deceived us!” Her accusations did nothing. All he did was wave a finger at them mockingly. Ryu ignored them as Yuki and Yankumi were dragged out of the club. Yuki hugged her crying teacher. This was the first time she saw Yankumi like this! She looked so pained, a teacher that cares for her studentes this much shouldn't suffer like this!

“Yankumi-sensei,” Yuki said. “Please don’t cry, he doesn’t deserve your tears. I know he did something terrible, but please let’s give him another chance. I know he can change.” She pleaded for her teacher to stop crying. However Yankumi chuckled at her student’s silliness.

“Of course I’ll give him another chance ,Yuki-san,” the teacher replied. “No matter how much my students may deceive me, I’ll always continue being there for them.” Yuki smiled at how sweet her teacher was.

“Yankumi-sensei?”

“What is it Yuki?”

“I know you still want to cry right now, but if you need someone there, I’ll be there for you.” Yuki smiled at her teary teacher and the two began walking away from the club. Yuki offered to walk her teacher home, but was surprised at how jumpy her teacher got about the subject and decided to just leave it. At the mansion, Yuki had a plan in mind. She went to sleep, getting ready for her plan.

"Ryu-kun, how could you do this?"

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Sorry, but I got so excited about this story that I got carried away and made this chapter super long.. ._______.''