Enter, Hayato's Dad!

Ryu Odagiri's Fiance in an All Boys' School

"Hayato's really late today isn't he?" Takeda whispered to the group, getting a nod from Hyuga.

"He's been sleeping in this whole week," Yuki replied, disappointed at her friend.

"Yeah, Yankumi's going to blow her top sooner or later," Tsucchi added as Takeda, Hyuga, and Tsucchi imagined the sight and shuddered. Yuki winced at the thought, causing Ryu to chuckle.

"He can always sleep in class," Ryu stated. "Don't see why he doesn't try to show up on time."

"Hey guys!" Tamura cried as he ran into the middle of the class. "I got an interview with this wedding company!" The class cheered for him as they ran up to scan the pamphlets he spread out on the desks. "Check them out!" Ryu looked at Yuki carefully before taking one of the pamphlets to look at with her.

"Wow all the dresses are so pretty!" Yuki murmered as she stared at the pictures in awe. "Ryu! We should have Tamura help with our wedding."

"Sure," Ryu replied with a smile. The class began chattering excitedly about the pamphlets that they didn't notice Yankumi entering. Yuki giggled silently with the chuckling Ryu as their teacher got hyper and asked who was getting married.

"Tsuchiya, you?" Yankumi asked with anxiety. As she asked, the guys replied no by making cat sounds. She then proceeded to get pumped up for her first wedding debut.

"We're just looking at pamphlets for the company Temura's going for an interview for," Ryu stated, bursting Yankumi's bubble.

"What? Really?" Yankumi asked, getting teases from the class. By then Yuki's giggles were out of control as Ryu helped her balance herself. Yankumi's gaze was suddenly turned towards the couple of the class, making the rest of the guys pity them. "Nee, Yuki-san, Odagiri-san, you two are getting married in the future right?" The two nodded nervously as Yuki blushed. "You must invite me to your wedding!" Yankumi began throwing a scary yet excited look at the two and shook Ryu by his arms as Yuki hid behind him. Suddenly a man opened the door, but Yuki wasn't sure to be grateful since Yankumi stopped being scary or be even more afraid by the look on the man's face. "Excuse me, who are you?"

"Where is my son?" The man asked in a deep voice.

"Son?" Yankumi asked confused. "Your son?" Everyone began scattering from the middle to make a path for him.

"That good-for-nothing idiot son!" The man retorted back.

"What idiot son?" Yankumi continued to ask as everyone but Ryu showed fear. Yuki noticed Ryu was the only one that still seemed comfortable and didn't move an inch.

"Do you know him?" Yuki asked. Ryu nodded with a smirk and hands in his pocket. "How can you stay so cool at a time like this?" She continued to hide behind him even more, with her head the only visibly body part to stick out from behind Ryu. She shouted as the man threw a desk to the side. Ryu continued shielding her, but still remained calm unlike the others.

"Whose dad is that?" Takeda asked frightened.

"Dunno," Hyuga replied.

"Ah!" The man cried and turned around as he took off his glasses. Everyone paused for his answer. "He's not here." Yuki lost her balance at the dumb event. "Perhaps I made a mistake."

"I thought so," Yankumi chirped proudly. "There is no one in my class worth calling an idiot son. They're all good kids." The guys waved or did cute poses to the man. Right at that moment, Hayato walked into the class clumsily rubbing his eyes. Yuki stared at him and back to the man.

"Oh my..." Yuki gasped as she figured it out. She would've laughed at his messed up hair, but right now seemed tense to her.

"I'm sorry for being late," Hayato mumbled like a child and rubbed his eyes. "HUH?!" Once again the man pushed the desks aside, causing the class to yell.

"Where have you been?" He demanded loudly.

"Why are you here you stupid old man!" Hayato shouted back in a volume that rivaled his dad's. Yuki winced as the two's voices boomed through the class until their veins on their necks showed. Not only that, but their faces were so close that Yuki was sure she could make them kiss just by poking one of them.

"By any chance, is that Yabuki's...?" Yankumi's voice trailed off as she cowered in the corner with Tsucchi, Takeda, and Hyuga.

"Dad?!" The class exclaimed and finished Yankumi's question. Everyone then turned to Ryu, knowing Hayato's best friend ould know the answer. Ryu sheepishly nodded a smiled cutely.

"Yankumi do something!" Yuki pleaded and pushed her teacher towards the two that seemed like they would rip each other's head off in an instant.

 

~An hour later~

 

"Yuki-chan can you see anything?" Takeda asked. The class had waited ten minutes before running to the office to evesdrop and Hayato's dad's visit. Yuki seemed the easiest to lift since she was like a feather, but everyone knew better than to lift her up so they asked Ryu to set her on his shoulders.

"I can see, but I can't hear," Yuki called from above as Ryu continued wobbling. Even though the girl on his shoulders was light, it was still hard for him to balance. "Ryu, stop moving."

"It's hard to balance us, grab something!" Ryu ordered and Yuki began looking for something to hold on to.

"Got it!" Yuki cried happily as she held on a small corner at the top. "Okay, I have no idea what's going on in there, but Hayato and his dad are about to cause another world war! Whoa! Hayato just flipped his dad and the table over!"

"I bet his dad's going to win!" Tsucchi yelled as the others began placing bets too. Ryu rolled his eyes at them as he let Yuki down. Yuki replayed the scene of Hayato and his dad flipping each other, tables, and throwing Sawatari around the room before grabbing Ryu for mental help.

 

~After school~

"I hate that man," Hayato muttered while glaring at the wall. Yuki giggled as the guys chuckled. "What is it?"

"It's just," Takeda started, but was afraid to finish. "You sounded like your dad just now."

"Completely," Tsucchi added.

"Without a doubt," Hyuga said mindlessly as he played around in the back.

"I'm sorry Hayato," Yuki whispered. "But they're kinda right." She slapped a hand on his back and went over next to Ryu.

"I do not!" Hayato denied. "I'm more like my late mother." Yuki looked at him and tried to imagine a female Hayato. Ryu stared at him with jealousy in his eyes and poked her dimple when she giggled.

"Why are you staring at Hayato?" Ryu asked pouting. Kissing him on the cheek, Yuki tried to make him not jealous.

"It's nothing like that," she said. "I was just imagining a female version of Hayato."

"Oh you remember my late mother right?" Hayato asked Ryu, trying to get some support. Ryu turned to him with a cute look on his face.

"Yeah, she was a beauty right?" Ryu's back up made Hayato smirk. Just as Hayato turned away looking victorious, Ryu smirked and decided to . "But, Hayato is like his father without a doubt." Yuki giggled uncontrollably next to Ryu along while the other guys burst out laughing, however Hayato wasn't amused.

"Ryu!!!" He cried and shook Ryu by his collar. "Why did you betray me???" The others continued to laugh as Hayato whined and ccried loudly about being similar to his dad.

As the night ended, Hayato was still whining and sniffing about his dad. Everyone split up as Ryu and Yuki walked together as always. She always loved being near his side. It just made her feel safe. "Do you think Hayato will be alright?" Ryu smirked and nodded.

"We'll see tomorrow," Ryu said back and kissed her on her forehead.

 

~Next day at the park~

 

Playing catch really seemed to calm Hayato down. Seeing her friends and boyfriend have fun made Yuki smile as she watched them on a bench. The guys were able to vent out their feelings as they caught the ball, but Ryu didn't let out any. The game was suddenly paused when Hayato threw the ball a bit too hard, making it fly all the way somewhere behind a tree. Yuki jumped up to follow them to the ball. They all began panicking when it looked like the ball was going to hit a poor man on a bike.

"Dodge it, dodge it!" Hayato begged as the ball came down. They all groaned loudly and ran to the man's side when he was cruelly knocked off his bike. "I'm so sorry! Are you alright?"

"There's no way I'm alright!" The man yelled back. Yuki recognized the innocent victim as Kuma.

"Kuma!" Yuki cried. She turned and pulled on Hayato's hair. "You hurt poor Kuma!"

" I didn't mean to!" He cried back.

"Oh!" Kuma gasped when he made eye contact with them. "You guys are from Yankumi's class!"

"Why don't we help you out today Kuma?" Yuki offered. "Since HAYATO knocked you over."

"No, it's okay!" Kuma replied. "You guys need to go to class."

"No really, we''ll help!" Hayato shouted. Hyuga and Takeda laughed as they dragged Kuma to his shop. Tsucchi began riding on his bike. Yuki laughed when she noticed Ryu giving Hayato a pigging back ride and Hayato cried out "CHARGE!" At Kuma's shop, the group was assigned some jobs. Kuma would cook in the back while the others took orderes and delievered. Kuma handed Yuki some ramen and told her to take it to the school. As she headed for the school, she read Yankumi's name on the order. Yuki suddenly jumped when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Hey there pretty lady," a guy that looked like a college student said. "How about I help you out with those heavy bags?" She began to feel something crawl under her skin so he shook her head and tried to rush away, but didn't make it since the guy kept his hand on her shoulder. "Hey, where are you going to?"

"To deliver something," she simply stated and tried to get away again, but was still stuck in the college guy's grip.

"Well then how about delivering me to heaven?" He asked and went in for a kiss. Yuki stomped on his foot and tried to get out of his grip.

"What do you think you're doing?" An angry voice called out. They turned to see a fuming Ryu that looked like he wanted to tear the guy's limbs apart. "Get your has off my girlfriend." He harshened his glare into daggers, making the guy nearly pee himself.

"Oh, sorry man," the guy said and released Yuki's shoulder and wrist. "I didn't know she was taken."

"Well she is," Ryu retorted as he walked over. He slung an arm over Yuki's shoulders. "Now get out of here." As he left, Yuki kissed Ryu on the cheek to thank him. "Nope, I want another one." He pointed to his lips. Giggling, she placed one where he wanted and the two continued to the school, each of them holding a bag so they could still hold hands. Since Ryu was around, no guy dared to hit on her the whole way.

"Kumai's Ramen is here," Yuki announced as she came into the office.

"I'm sorry Kuma!" Yankumi apologized in a pleading position. Yuki giggled silently as Ryu smirked since Yankumi didn't notice it was them. "Can you cancel the ramen rice and meet and stir-fry?"

"No," Ryu denied as he took out the bowls for her. Yuki waved to her teacher before helping Ryu. He grabbed her hand and pulled her along to leave.

"Oh, Yuki-san!" Yankumi hissed out. "Odagiri-kun! What are you doing?"

"Helping out," Ryu stated as if it was obvious, which it was. Suddenly Sawatari called over to Yankumi, causing her to push their heads down below the desks so they wouldn't be seen. "Ow..." Yankumi had accidentally knocked Ryu against the desk when she was hiding them.

"What was that Yamaguch-sensei?" Sawatari asked suspiciously.

"Oh nothing!" Yankumi laughed nervously. "Just kicked the desk, see?" She began kicking the desk and Yuki's with it, getting a whimper out of the poor girl. Trying to protect her, Ryu made them switch places, but by then Yankumi had decided to punish Ryu. Not knowing that he moved, Yankumi kicked where she thought Ryu was, which is Yuki's new hiding place. Ryu sent her an apologetic smile that Yuki thought was too cute to stay mad at. When it seemed like Sawatari wasn't looking, Ryu stood up.

"What are you doing?" He asked annoyed.

"If Sawatari finds out you skipped class," Yankumi began, but the look in her eyes didn't need her to continue her sentence. Yankumi snuck them out of the office.

"We were just helping out Kuma," Yuki told her. "Hayato couldn't aim and ended up knocking poor Kuma out off his bike, so now we're helping him to make up for it!" Yankumi smiled at her student's bright personality but frowned as she remembered the times Yuki's innocence caused a problem.

"I see!" Yankumi cried and ruffled their heads. Yuki squirmed but giggled as Ryu pushed her hand away.

"What are you doing?" Ryu asked.

"You guys do understand obligation and compassion don't you?" She asked Yuki and Ryu proudly.

"I'm sorry Yankumi, but I should get going," Yuki said as she bowed. "But if you want to talk, Ryu's available!" She skipped away giggling as Ryu yelled for her to save him. On her way back to Kuma's she noticed a familiar man. "Excuse me, Yabuki-san?" The man turned around and Yuki was relieved to see that it really was Hayato's father. "I don't know if you know me, but I'm your son's friend."

"I didn't know Hayato had a girlfriend!" The man boomed and slapped her on the back. "But you seem like a cute girl so I wouldn't mind you two marrying!"

"Oh no!" Yuki cried as she shook her head. "I'm just his friend, I'm his best friend's girlfriend. My name is Yuki and I was wondering why you and Hayato are always angry with each other?" Frowning, the older Yabuki led her over to a bench.

"You might need to sit down for this story," He replied. "You see when Hayato's brother was born, his mother died. And ever since then Hayato was always rebellious, always running off somewhere, didn't care about school, he didn't take the college entrance exams for pete's sake!" By now he had jumped from the bench and was about to throw it, forgetting Yuki was still sitting.

"Yabuki-san!" She yelled, making him drop the bench back down and apologize to her. "Please stop calling Hayato an idiot son, he's an amazing man. I don't like him like that though! You see, Hayato just doesn't know what he wants with his life yet. Please be patient with him. He's trying really hard right now and your pressure on him doesn't help him one bit." Yabuki stared at her with a glare that she found extremely nervewracking until he began laughing loudly, scaring away birds in nearby trees.

"He has such nice friends," He spoke. "But the fact that almost all of them seem to goof off so much, it worries me. But Hayato needs to go to college! Choosing to work instead has a harsh path. I want him to have an easier life." Yuki felt touched at the father's love.

"I understand," Yuki replied. "But Hayato doesn't believe in himself, he doesn't seem himself as college material. I just ask of you to support him in whatever decision he makes, even if you don't agree. But just please support him." Yabuki nodded and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I'll support my idiot son then," he agreed. "But if he comes home late, then I might not keep my promise!" With that small joke, Yuki began walking to Kuma's again as Yabuki left for his house.