Reuniting the Old Friends

Ryu Odagiri's Fiance in an All Boys' School

Yankumi was asking the class about a fight involving 4 students of Ara high and Gokugin. Right away, Yabuki admitted to beating the 'sorry losers' up for picking on a student from 3-A.

'Idiots...' Yuki thought. 'Why would you admit a crime so openly and easily?'

"Well I'll overlook it since you had a reason," Yankumi reasoned with them. "But be careful in the future because you might be expelled."

Yabuki scoffed at his teacher. "We're not afraid to be expelled. Unlike some others." As he said that, Yuki noticed Takeda shifting uncomfortably while Ryu and Yabuki started another glare fest. Yuki snapped them out of it by poking Yabuki in the side, causing him to yelp in a high pitched voice. A few students snickered at his jump while Ryu looked at the girl in amusement. Yabuki however, glared at her as if she caused him to lose an important competition. After a while he became cocky again.

"A man should be able to fight," and he did a motion with his fingers. His friends cheered him on as Yankumi laughed at him.

"Being strong doesn't mean you can fight," she said wisely. Yuki knew they were in for another dramatic lecture. "Even kindergarteners can fight," she said, causing Yabuki to twitch his mouth. "Class is starting."

Yuki looked at Yabuki in confusion as she heard him say ,"Don't kid around." Without warning a book was thrown straight for Yankumi. However instead of moving, she stood there calmly as if she knew nothing would happen. And she was right, the book missed her by only a few centimeters. Yuki looked at Ryu to see if he noticed the glimsp in Yankumi's eyes just as she had. The class stayed hushed as Yankumi brought the book back to Yabuki and walked away.

"Today at 4," Yabuki bursted out, gaining attention of the whole class. "Come to the river bench."

"What?" Yankumi asked surprised. "What a way of asking me out on a date." Yuki could tell she was mocking him, but right now? She rolled her eyes as Yabuki spoke up again.

"I'm not asking you out. Duel with me." His voice had venom in it which scared Yuki a bit as she clutched onto her skirt. Everyone else looked at Yabuki in surprise of his sudden request. "If you win, I'll do whatever you say. But if you lose, don't ever boss us around."

 

~~At 4~~

Yuki sat uncomfortably beside Ryu as they all got ready to witness a strange fight between student and teacher. Yabuki was already pumped and ready standing on the flat land. Students were making bets on Yabuki winning the fight. Everyone jumped as Yankumi popped out besides them. Everyone became amuse when Yankumi copied Yabuki in taking off her jacket, only to complain about how cold it was three seconds later. A police officer came suddenly and Yankumi ordered everyone to run. Ryu grabbed Yuki's hand and dragged her off with him.

"Odagiri-kun!" Yuki shouted and gained his attention. As he raised his eyebrow, she pointed to her right. "Look, it's Yabuki and Yankumi..." Sure enough, she was right. Yankumi and Yabuki stoof in front of each other, but since her back was facing towards them, they could only see Yabuki's face. They exchanged a few words before Yabuki threw a punch at Yankumi. Unlike what she expected, Yankumi evaded all of Yabuki's assults as he repeated fell onto the pavement. Finally realizing her words alone won't reach him, Yankumi knocked the wind out of him. she walked away leaving him breathless on the ground.

"That woman's not normal," Ryu suddenly spoke. Yuki nodded in agreement and took another look at Yabuki. He seemed as though he was thinking hard about something.

~The next day~

Ryu and Yuki arrived at school to see the class yelling at the head teacher and his worshipper, the bald man. Shouts for war against Ara High were heard. Yuki looked at Ryu to see him panicking about something, same with Takeda.

"What are you guys going about?!" Yankumi demanded. Tsucchi pointed to four guys.

"These guys were beaten up by the students of Ara High!" He accused. "You still want us to keep shut?! SO?" Yuki could see how riled up he was.

"Let's raid them!" A boy cried out.

"Raid?!" Sawatari yelled in shock.

"Don't be stupid!" Yankumi yelled, but the adults were ignored since the students liked the idea so much. "You'll be expelled! EXPELLED!" The head teacher threatened. Takeda inhaled a sharp breath no one except Ryu heard. The rest of the class looked unaffected.

"Expelled?" Tsucchi repeated. "That's fine with me!" Yankumi quickly ran between Sawatari and Tsucchi as they neared each other.

"I don't care if you fight or get arrested," Sawatari sneered at Tsucchi. "Just remember you'll get expelled for it." With that he left trying to hide his fear of Tsucchi. Right after he left, Tsucchi spoke up again. "As soon as Hayato gets here, we'll raid them!" earning "yeah!"s from the class.

"What will you accomplish if you do that?!" Ryu's loud and sudden outburst scared Yuki as everyone turned to him. "We have to end things with Ara High you know. We can't keep competing with them like this." This response came from Tsucchi. "So don't go selfishly bowing your head to them this time!" Yuki gripped Ryu's hand from behind as he continued staring at Tsucchi. No except Takeda noticed this.

"If you hadn't done that, this never would've gotten this far!" Tsucchi accused. "It's because of you that the feud's been going on for this long!" ust as Yuki was about to stand up for Ryu, Takeda shouted at Tsucchi saying that he was wrong. Takeda explained why Ryu had given up his pride so long ago. Yuki looked at Ryu and Takeda with admiration.

'He gave up pride for his friend...' Yuki thought. "You better not put his pain and efforts to waste ok Takeda? You better graduate then." Yuki said with a smile. Everyone began to try to understand it better with Takeda by asking him questions as Yuki looked out the window. She tugged at Ryu's hand and pointed a shadow to him. Knowing it was Yabuki, Ryu began to run.

"Stay here," Ryu whispered and off he went after Yabuki. Yuki waited a few minutes before chasing afte Ryu.

"I'm not letting you get killed that easily you impulsive fool," Yuki swore and ran even faster. She came to a warehouse and called Yankumi to come to where she was.

Inside she saw Yabuki being beaten and closed her eyes when she thought he was going to be punched. "Where's Ryu?" She prayed with her eyes closed. Yuki opened her eyes again as she heard one of the Ara High students say Odagiri.

"Odagiri-kun?" She whispered and began to watch again. Ryu helped Yabuki break free again and the two became the dynamic duo, that was until one of the students broke them apart and the two began to lose. Yuki screamed as she saw them being beaten on the ground with sticks.

"Stop it!" Her shrill voice caused the men to look towards her. Yabuki and Ryu opened their eyes with worry for the defenseless girl that just make herself a target for the Ara High students.

"What's this? A cute girl out here in the middle of nowhere?" The leader of Ara High mocked and the group surrounded her. The leader pulled her by the arm over to the two Kurogin students and threw her next to Ryu. "We'll deal with you after we finish off these two. But we could have a little fun with you first." He held her up by the collar. He looked back at her in cofusion as he saw the pin of Kurogin on her blazer. "I thought that school was only for boys? Well then let me show you what a man can do." The leader carressed her cheek causing her to wince. Seeing the look on her face, Ryu stood up and punched the leader.

"Don't touch her!" Ryu yelled and pulled her close to him. Due to his damage and Yuki's weight, Ryu fell back down to the ground. "Odagiri-kun!" She cried trying to pull him up. Yabuki glanced over at the two in confusion.

"Your girlfriend?" The Ara leader sneered and caused Yabuki to widen his eyes at the two. "Well then we're gonna enjoy making you watch this!" He dragged Yuki away from Ryu and began to her legs. Of course Yuki wasn't going to just stand there, she struggled against his grips. Ryu and Yabuki grabbed the leaders leg to help her but they were dragged away by other Ara High students.

"Don't touch my precious students!" A female voice boomed out. Ryu took Yuki from the leader's grasp and buried her head into his chest to avoid having her see the next gruelsome event.

 

~An hour later~

 

Just as before, Yankumi took care of the guys and now the 7 of them were sitting on the side of the hill. Yankumi was cleaning Yabuki's wounds (Which he was still complaining about) as Yuki gently cleaned Ryu's. Yabuki looked over at the two beside him, everyone else's gaze followed his while Yuki and Ryu remainded oblivious to the fact. "What's the relationship between you two?"

Yabuki's question startled Yuki as she looked away trying to think of an answer. Ryu spoke up to avoid wrong conclusions. "Our parents arranged a marriage between us without our consent. That's all there is." Yuki nodded in agreement as everyone looked at her. Yabuki ran a hand through his head.

"I was flirting with a girl who was already taken?!" Yabuki whined. "I bet the engagement is the only reason why she turned me down!" He accused pointing at a blushing Yuki. Ryu and Yuki agreed to answer anymore of their questions about them as long as they keep the engagement thing a secret.

~~With Ryu~~

He had felt a burning as Yabuki admitted that he had flirted with Yuki before, but was glad to hear Yuki turned down Yabuki. Then his mind wondered to if it was true that the only thing that made her faithful to him was the engagement. 'Why am I so worked up over this?' He asked himself. 'She's nothing to me right?'

The others finally finished with their questions and Yankumi giggled at how the two boys were alike for caring about their friends. Everyone smiled as the two tried to deny the fact and make up excuses. Deep down they knew the two were glad that they were friends again. Tsucchi and Kousuke took Yabuki home as Takeda helped Yuki bring Ryu back.Yankumi disappeared somewhere while she was leading them back, but no one paid any attention to that. Yuki thanked Takeda and walked him out the door.

"Call me if you have any problems ok?" Takeda said warmly to her. "I wanna be like a big brother to you. And even though it wasn't his choice, it's nice seeing Ryu with someone." Yuki nodded and thanked him once again before he left. She went back upstairs and helped Ryu with his injuries.

"How could you have been so stupid?" Ryu asked glaring at her. She looked at him hurt. "What if you got hurt or ? Don't you ever think?"

"I was just worried about you!" Yuki cried at him. "And I didn't, Yankumi got to us in time didn't she?"

Ryu groaned at how childish she was being. "The point is you didn't think! Ara High students are dangerous and could've done something to you! You're so stupid!" He knocked on her head gently. "Is there even anything up here?!"

"Yes there is because I was thinking about you!" She yelled back. "What about you?! You went knowing you'll be beat up but you went anyways for Yabuki just as I went for you!"

"Unlike you though, I could fight." Yuki's eyes soften as she realized he was right. "See? You know it too! Don't be so stupid next time because you could get us all killed!" The two remained quiet as Yuki finished bandaging him and she slowly looked back up at him. However Yuki saw that the injured boy was asleep.

"I can't believe how good he looks even in this state," she murmered his hair lightly. Her tears came out as she looked him over and saw the injuries on him. "Why must you always get hurt?" Yuki walked out the door crying as Ryu turned over to the side and opened his eyes.

'Maybe she really does care,' he thought. "But does she have to be so stupid?"