Getting Her Back

Ryu Odagiri's Fiance in an All Boys' School

AN~~

Hey guys! I know it's been a while and I honestly didn't expect such nice comments when I finally got back on this story. To be honest I kinda got lazy and lost motivation, but the comments really got my motivation and inspiration back. So thanks guys!

 

Story Start:

 

Ryu, Kosuke, Hayato, Tsuichi and Takeda all hid behind the wall, spying on the adults as Ryu's father questioned Yankumi's background and her job as a teacher. They all shook with anger as they heard the old man threaten to sue Yankumi and talk down on them, yet they tried to follow Yankumi's calm demeanor, keeping their anger bottled in. However the last straw for Ryu is when Yankumi agreed to take responsibility as their homeroom teacher. He abruptly stands up and walks into the room like a deer giving itself up to hunters. Everyones' eyes widen as the gang follow out from behind Ryu.

"You were here as I thought," Ryu's father states.

"Please forgive them," pleads the weakened Ryu.

"What?" the old man asks in disbelief.

"They did it for my sake," he argues.

"Stop being foolish," replied his father emotionlessly. "What they did was a crime." Putting off his pride, Ryu slowly bows his head low.

"I'm begging you," he whispers in a shaknig voice. "Please don't let them be expelled. And please, allow Yuki and I to be together again, and we can be a family with Sakura as our child."

"Why do you care so much for this bunch?" his father asks. "And you really think the Kudo family will want to do anything with us now that this has happened?"

"I won't go to Kurogin either," continues Ryo, ignoring his father's questions and shocking those in the room. "I won't attend the graduation ceremony either. I'll listen to everything you say. So...Please." Everyone stare at Ryu in shock, with Takeda tearing up and Kosuke and Tsuichi biting their tongues to keep from yelling at him.

"I will think properly about your future," his father answers. "If you listen to what I say, you won't fail. So, stop hanging around these guys. And there is nothing I can do about Yuki, her family has already decided. Let's go home." Just as he stood up, Yankumi follows suit and stops him.

"Earlier, you asked why the inheritor of this place wants to be a teacher right?" Yankumi asks. "It's because my grandfather, unlike you, won't force his views onto his descendants." Her answer seem to have an affect on everyone in the room. "So please, I ask of you. Listen to your son's feelings."

"You don't need to tell me that!" Ryu's father yells back. "I'm always listening!"

"Not that!" She rejects frustrated. "I am telling you to listen to what he is thinking right now and what he wants to do! I am telling you to stop assuming things and accept his words as they are."

"I assumed for Ryu and Yuki to fall in love and they did!" Mr. Odagiri returned in anger. "I know what's best for my son!"

"Odagiri, what do you want to do?" she asks, ignoring the older Odagiri. "It's your life. I don't want to say anything irresponsibile. Are you sure you won't regret what you said? As long as you don't tell us your feelings, nothing will change. You won't be able to graduate with your class and you might never get to see Yuki and Sakura again." She paused as she saw her precious student begin to tear up. "Are you sure you want to be separated from all of us? Aren't they your life long friends?" By now Takeda was crying as Ryu's tears stream down his face. Meanwhile the other three in the bunch have teared up.

Yankumi's speech has given Ryu the courage he's needed all his life to stand up to his father. With this newfound courage, Ryu began to pour his heart out to his father. He yells out how important everyone is to him and bows one final time to his father. At this moment, the head of the Oedo Dojo finds it is time for him to step in, giving Mr. Odagiri an insight on Ryu and his friends. Yankumi became even more touched by the scene when the rest of the gang supported Ryu and begged for Mr. Odagiri to let Ryu graduate with all of them. They are a class and they will stick together until the end.

"Mr. Odagiri," Yankumi speaks up. "Isn't it okay to be proud as a father to know that your son has such great friends?" The man looks back to his son and his friends, who are still bowing, and kneels down next to them.

"Raising a child is a difficult job, isn't it?" he asks the Oedo head, who nods in reply. He turns back to Yankumi. "Can I ask you, to take care of my son until graduation?" At this, everyone sat up and hugged each other in the back as Ryu began to cry even more. It was obvious what Yankumi's answer was. "I'm also sorry for causing so much trouble in the morning." The adults bow to each other to make sure that everything is now in the past. Everyone stands up with a lighter atmosphere as Ryu thanked Yankumi's grandfather for his support.

"I don't mean to rain on your parade, Odagiri," interrupts Yankumi. "But isn't there something you haven't finished yet?" Their eyes all widen as they realized what she was talking about.

"Yuki," whispers Hayate. "Ryu, you can still make it! The airport's only one  hour away! And her flight leaves in..." His face drops as he looks at the clock. "1 hour..."

"RUN RYU!" Tsucchi yells and begins to push his friend out the door. Ryu starts off sprinting to the airport.

"This boy..." Mr. Odagiri sighs. "We have a car right here."

"Then let's go catch up to him!" Kosuke points out and they all rush into the car. As they drove down the street, the guys called out to Ryu, who was running on the sidewalk.

"This isn't a drama Ryu, cars are faster," Takeda teases. "Get in!"

"Don't tell anyone you're my son anymore," his father jokes as everyone open the door for him. Smirking, Ryu gets in the car as they speed off to the airport.

 

~Yuki~

 

"No dad! I'm not going!" Yuki screams as her father drags her through the airport, gaining the attention of several people.

"Be quiet right now!" Her father chastised. "If you do not, then I will laeve Sakura here for someone else to adopt!"

"Darling!" snaps her mother. Sakura, who is being carried by Yuki's mother, is already in tears and screaming Ryu's name. Frightened by his threat, Yuki immediately shuts up.

"At least let me hold my daughter!" She pleads, reaching for Sakura. Just as she was handing Sakura over to Yuki, her father grabs her.

"You will not get Sakura back until we are on the plane," he states coldly. "I can't have you running off before the flight."

"Sakura's not some toy you can take away from me when I don't do what you want!"  Yuki cries angrily at how he talked about Sakura.

"Let me be with mommy," Sakura begs him as she reaches for Yuki.

"Yuki, we are doing what's best for you," Yuki's mother tries to say in a soothing tone, but nothing could soothe her from being away from Ryu and splitting up their family.

"Splitting up our family is not what's best for any of us!" Sakura shrieks and grabs onto Yuki's hand. What she did next surprised everyone. "SOMEONE HELP! THIS BAD MAN IS TAKING ME AWAY FROM MY MOMMY!" As she screamed, Sakura tried to grab onto Yuki even more, causing a crowd to come separate Sakura from Yuki's father. As soon as she was out of his arms, Sakura was picked up by Yuki, who dashed through the airport while trying to lose her parents. The two ran into a payphone booth and attempted to call Ryu. Sakura hands Yuki a few coins to make the call.

"Moshi moshi?" answers a voice.

"Ryu?!" Yuki cries. "Please hurry!"

"Where are you?!" His alarmed voice replies to her through the phone. "I just arrived at the airport."

"Well we're calling you from a phone and we don't exactly have a phone with us," Sakura points out with an annoyed tone. "So we must be in a telephone booth!"

"I got it!" Ryu calls back, ignoring Sakura's rudeness.

"Yah!" The three felt shock as Yuki screamed.

"You are to never talk with that boy again!" a familiar male voice orders. Yuki turned to see that her father had hung up the phone and her mother has already taken Sakura into her arms. "Now we are moving to a new city right away!"

"Please wait!" Another familiar voice cries out, grabbing their attention.

"Ryu!" Yuki happily cries as she breaks out of her father's grasp and back into his arms. The two sigh with relief as Ryu felt her in his arms once again.

"Papa!" Sakura yells and bites the arm holding her before running over to them.

"What is the meaning of this?" Demands Yuki's father. "I thought Odagiri was supposed to take care of you. I want you nowhere near my daughter anymore. You're all nothing but a bunch of delinquents."

"No he's not!"Yuki booms in a loud voice, startling everyone. For such a tiny girl to have such a loud voice took everyone by surprise. "Ryu's nothing like a delinquent! Yes I disagreed with marrying him before but you guys were right about your first impression of him! Ryu really is a sweet man that's willing to take care of me. Please give us another chance." At this point everyone else has caught up to them also. Yuki turned to see Hayato and the gang behind Ryu. "And these guys, they may not be smart--"

"HEY!" She smiles at them apologetically, but they knew she was right.

"But they are true friends. I have never met anyone with hearts bigger than theirs," she states. "So please, give me and Ryu another chance. And please give them another chance before judging them."

"You are too young to understand anything," Yuki's mother speaks softly. "Ryu's the first boy you ever fell for, so you do not know what it's like to move on and like someone else. We'll make sure the next partner will be a more well-mannered young man. Oh, and that he will actually have a bright future, not like these boys here."

"Um, excuse me, but we are MEN!" Tsucchi yells offended, but is immediately hushed by Ryu and Takeda.

"With all due respect mam," Hayato begins. "I've known Ryu all my life, and I've never seen him look at a girl that way."

"Actually he's never looked at a girl, period," chimes in Takeda.

"Right, never even looked at a girl," laughs Hayato, but stops when he notices the glare from the father. "But he really cares for Yuki. He's already promised to become a better person who will have a bright future that includes her. So look at him another time and please realize how much these two love each other."

"Please, my feelings for Yuki are all true," pleads Ryu. "I promise to always cherish her. I know I'm not the best candidate to even date her, but I truly love her. I'll change my ways until you change your mind about me just for her. I will do anything to prove to you how much she means to me. Please just give us another chance so Yuki, Sakura, and I can be a complete family."

"If you're willing to do anything for her then let her come with us so she can marry someone that will make her happy," demands Mr. Kudo.

"Please excuse my rudeness, but no," he replies shortly. "I refuse to hand Yuki over to another guy." By now the bystanders were also watching.

"Just let them be together!" A random bystander yells out, evoking support from the others. Sadly instead of convincing him, it seemed to have angered him more.

"BE QUIET!" The red man growled. "You people know nothing about our family and these outsiders! They have ruined my daughter's future and I will not allow them to be together again!"

"Kudo-san," a calmer voice. They all turn to see...

"Dad?" Ryu asks in disbelief. "What are you doing here?"

"Kudo, we've been friends since college," he starts off. "I'd hate to end our long friendship over a short misunderstanding. Why don't we work this out together?"

"Fine!" Yuki's father huffs angrily. "Since we are friends, I will listen to you."

"Not only me," he smiles. "But someone that has opened up my eyes too." He turns to part the crowd and out steps Yankumi.

"Yankumi!" Yuki smiles gratefully. "Please get him to give us another chance."

"You know me," she smiles back. "Of course I will." The four adults step to the side, the crow parts, and the gang all huddled up together with Sakura on their shoulders.

"We almost missed you pipsqueak," Hayato teases, only to get his hair pulled.

"Watch it, fluffy," Sakura threatens in a joking manner. While the guys cheered for Sakura, Ryu embraced Yuki tightly.

"I thought I lost you to a plane," he breathes into her hair.

"Even if I was dragged away, I'd still find a way back to you," Yuki whispers in his chest, feeling it vibrate when he chuckles at her. "I love you Ryu."

"Hey, I should say it first," mocks Ryu and pecks her cheeks. "But I love you too."

"Hey, we love you too," pouts Takeda as the whole gang come over.

"Group hug!" Kosuke yells and the gang envelope the couple in a tight group of a bear hug. Unfortunately for Sakura, who was still on Hayato's head tipped over and fell on top on everyone's heads.

"HEY BE CAREFUL!" She whines. "BABY ON BOARD!" They all carefully parted, trying not to drop Sakura, as they laughed.

"They're back," Tsucchi points out as the adults walk back.

"Do you two really love each other?" Yuki's father asks both Ryu and Yuki.

"To the moon and back," she answers with a pleading look.

"To the point where she's my life," answers Ryu. The couple lovingly look at each other before turning back to Yuki's father, who sighs.

"Fine, I will allow you two one more chance," states Mr. Kudo. "The wedding is back on." The group cheers. "BUT!" His sudden yell disappoints everyone as they slump and look at him in disbelief. "But, I still require all of you to graduate before the wedding. No more fighting, bring your grades up, and become someone I won't be ashamed of to call my son-in-law."

"I promise you!" replies Ryu quickly and happily. H drops to his knees and kneel in front of his future father-in-law.

"Me too!" Yuki agrees and kneels also.

"Me three!" Hayato repeats, kneeling down and surprising everyone.

"I'm talking only to Ryu and Yuki," her father boredly states. "I do not care what happens with you."

"Oh, I knew that!" Hayato jokes, not noticing the tone and rudeness. They all grouped into a bunch again and began to cheer.

'Things are finally back to the way they are,' thought Yuki.

 

~Next Day~

 

Ryu's and Yuki's returns were not passed by 3D. As soon as they entered the classroom, Ryu was thrown into the air to celebrate while Yuki receives hugs from every guy in the class.

"We must graduate together you guys. Remember, even if just one is missing, we are no longer 3D. So with the return of our beautiful couple, LET'S GRADUATE TOGETHER!" Hayato advocates and pumps his fist in the air.

"3D! 3D! 3D!" Yuki starts chanting, causing the whole class to follow suit.

"Over these past three months, you guys have really scared me from time to time, but I must say I have grown to love this class," states Yuki. "I've found the best friends no one can ever find, I found true love, and I found the most amazing teacher in the world. All for one and one for all! 3D!"

"3D!" Takeda yells.

"3D!" Tsucchi repeats.

"3D!" Kosuke cries, continuing the chant. Hayato walks over to Ryu, grabs his hand, and the two share an eyecontact.

"Let's graduate together, 3D!" The co-leaders cry out together, evoking even more cheers from the class. By now even Yankumi found herself speechless and touched.

"Fighto... OH!"