Good Bye Yuki?

Ryu Odagiri's Fiance in an All Boys' School

"Please just let us see him!" Yuki begged, kneeling on the ground and pulling on the hem of Mrs.Odagiri's skirt. "Don't you think it's cruel to split us up like this without even letting us say good bye?" The night passed quickly, meaning the day for Yuki to depart from the Odagiri household was soon. "Please let me see Ryu at least one last time."

"His father has orders to not let him see anyone," Mrs. Odagiri repeated strictly. "If he finds out I went against his orders..."

"He won't!" Yuki promised. "Please! Just let me see him."

"Fine," she finally agreed. "You'll be leaving this house by 2 today anyways. But make sure no one finds out I let you in." Ryu's mother handed her the keys before leaving to go downstairs. Yuki snuck past the maids or anyone that could be a spy for Mr. Odagiri and quickly went into Ryu's room.

"Ryu-kun," Yuki whispered as she closed the door.

"Dad!" Sakura cried and leaped into his arms, engulfing him in a big hug, which was soon joined by Yuki.

"Sakura, Yuki," Ryu exclaimed surprised. "What are you doing here?"

"You know it sounds like you don't want us here," Sakura teased. "I'll miss you daddy. But I think you and Yuki want some alone time, so I'll stand watch outside the door." The couple watched as Sakura exited the room with the keys and held each other tighter.

"Does it really have to end like this?" Yuki whispered into Ryu's chest. "I don't want to have to marry someone else."

"I wish it wasn't like this either," Ryu murmered back. "I don't want either of us with anyone else." She watched as he played with the crest on his school blazer.

"You miss going too don't you?" Yuki asked, earning a nod from Ryu. "Even if I marry someone else, I won't love him." Again, Ryu silently nodded. The two stayed quiet, just holding each other wishing their time will never have to end. Suddenly Ryu sat up a bit more, making Yuki move over for him. He took his arm away from her waist and pulled on his blazer, making confusion wash over Yuki's face. "What are you doing?" Ryu continued to stay silent until he finally pulled off his second button.

"Here," Ryu finally said, closing her fist over his button. "So you won't ever forget me." Tears began to form at the corners of her eyes as Yuki bit her lip and punched Ryu's arm.

"How can I ever forget you, you idiot?" She whimpered before holding the button over her heart and crying on it. "Take this then, okay?" Yuki pulled off the charm in the middle of her bow on her uniform(Like the ones from Sailor Moon) and handed it to him. "Now we'll both have something to remember each other by." Ryu gave a bitter chuckle and held each other for what seemed like only 5 minutes, but was actually an hour before the door slammed open.

"Yuki, it's time to go," a man said. They turned to see Yuki's parents in the doorway. "Let's go." Yuki shook her head violently and her grip on Ryu's arm tightened.

"No," She stated.

"Yuki, we have someone else picked out for you already," her mom said in a soft voice. "Please let go of Odagiri-san's arm and we shall go." Feeling how tense she was, Ryu hugged her tighter also.

"Please," Ryu begged. "We may have started out as two people in an arranged marriage with no feelings for each other, but I really do love your daughter."

"How can you?" Yuki's dad asked, with a scoff. "Love doesn't build in three months you know?"

"I know it doesn't," Ryu replied. "But I know I love her, please let me marry her even if my parents don't agree."

"Please, mom, dad?" Yuki added, ready to let the rest of her tears fall.

"Yuki, let him go," Her mother repeated. "We found someone better for you. Sakura is already in the car. We'll allow you to keep her."

"No, I want to stay with Ryu," Yuki defied once again. "Mom, dad, please! You two forced me into a marriage with him and now that I love him, you just separate us! Please!"

"No Yuki!" Her father boomed, frightening everyone in the room. "No means no. The engagement is off and you two will never contact each other again. Let's go Yuki, or we'll have to do this the hard way." Yuki shook her head defiently and stood her ground. "Then I have no choice, men!" At his order, four buff men came into Ryu's room. Two men grabbed Yuki while two others went for Ryu. Her parents went to the car as Ryu and Yuki were pryed apart, both screaming for each other.

Once in the car, no one spoke a single word, except Yuki who was trying to comfort the crying Sakura.

"Once we're back, we'll introduce you to your new partner," her father spoke in a monotone voice.

"I don't want someone else," Yuki retorted. "I want Ryu."

"Darling we love you, but it was a big mistake to let you meet someone like Odagiri Ryu," her mother said. "Look at how much you've changed because of him. We care about you."

"If you cared about me then why would you leave me at some stranger's house without warning and never even tried to contact me until now?" Her question once again silenced her parents.

"You are bad people!" Sakura shrieked. "You tore up our family!" Yuki's father turned and sent a death glare in Sakura's direction, even though she was just a child.

"Don't use that tone on me you brat," he replied harshly. "You're lucky we even allowed Yuki to keep you."

"She's not a pet dad," Yuki defended. "I can't 'keep' her. She's our daughter. We got the paperwork to prove it." Ignoring her comments, her parents continued with what they were saying before.

"Get used to the idea Yuki," her father said after a long sigh. "In three days we shall be going to Okinawa to meet your new partner."

"Mom!" Yuki cried, hoping her mother would take her side. However her hopes were lost when her mom remained silent and just stared at the road. "Well what if the person you chose doesn't want Sakura? I'm not leaving her behind."

"Your mother shall then be the caretaker of Sakura," her dad quickly replied. "But everything else from Tokyo shall be forgotten." Sakura gripped Yuki's hand as the two silently comforted each other and shared annoyance to Yuki's parents.

 

Hayato

 

"What do you mean he isn't going to come to school?" Hayato asked.

"Don't tell it's because of yesterday," Takeda added, although everyone already knew the answer. Ryu's father never liked this class in the first place. To him, this class was just a bunch of unwanted and useless delinquents. 

"Ryu's not answering his phone either,"Hyuga said helplessly.

"Yuki either," Takeda said sadly, looking at his phone.

"Maybe he's...."Tsucchi's voice trailed off, unable to say it at once. "...locked up at home?" Everyone turned to him with worry, especially Hayato. Here his best friend might be in his home trapped like a prisoner and they're all just in school, unable to do anything.

"That's not possible," one of the students spoke, but again all of them knew the true answer.

"What about Yuki you guys?" Hyuga asked, biting his nails.

"Ryu's father might be thinking badly of her now because of us too," Hayato said with guilt, worried that their night could possibly split Ryu and Yuki up.

"Really?" Takeda gasped. It was Ryu's father afterall, so it's possible.

"What do we do?" Hayato asked helplessly. He was on the verge of tears and anyone listening to his voice closely could tell. "We're all going to graduate together right? Are we going to leave them alone?"

"Obviously not!" Yankumi yelled, completely stressed with the current events. "I just don't know what to do right now."

"Hayato..."Takeda whispered. "What do we do?" Although things seemed hopeless, Hayato felt grateful that Takeda still had hope that Hayato can save Ryu. But what can he do? He was only in high school and to most people, he's just a delinquent. His best friend's in trouble and he has to save him, but how? Well whatever the choices are, Hayato wouldn't care about the consequences as long as Ryu's saved. Not only him, but Yuki and Sakura too. Well maybe not Sakura since all she does was call Hayato an old man. But then again, if he didn't help her, Yuki and Ryu would probably pound him like crazy.

Ryu

 

Gone...She's gone...Sakura's gone too... Both of them are gone. And Ryu's alone once again, without the comfort of his friends also. He's isolated from society again. For all he knows, Yuki and Sakura could be on their way back home right now and he can't even stop them. He began tugging his hair due to the frustrations building up inside him. Suddenly a noise was heard from his balcony. He quickly turned around wondering what it was. He cautiously walked out, in case it was his father's guards or someone else that was helping keeping him locked up.

"Hey Ryu!" A whisper called.

"Hayato?" Ryu wondered. He looked down his balcony with hope and sure enough, there were his four friends there grinning up at him. Just the sight of them gave him even more hope. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Resuce team," Hayato joked. "Is here!" The four of them got into a pose, trying to lighten up the mood and forget they could all be caught at any time. "Forget about your dad and come out." Ryu stared at them hesitantly.

"My dad thinks of you guys as enemies," Ryu said sadly. "I can't involve you guys in this."

"Don't worry," Tsucchi reassured with confidence.

"Let's escape together," Hyuga said.

"We're with you," Takeda added.

"Let's go," Hayato chimed in. Hayato sent him a smile that Ryu knew he could always trust. Ryu couldn't feel anymore grateful than he does at this moment. His friends were willing to risk themselves for him, knowing that his father was the chief of the police. This would probably be the first time he disobeys his dad. He quickly thought about the pros and cons of escaping and staying, but at the same time, Yuki might be gone. He couldn't help but think that it was like Ryu is a princess trapped in a tower, and the guys were the princes coming to save him. 

"And if they save me, I can save Yuki," Ryu thought. And without another moment of hesitation, he went into his room, grabbed his jacket, and went back to th balcony where his knight-like friends were waiting for him. He jumped and landed gracefully on the ground, greeted by smiles from his friends. However their reunion was ruined when a bright light was shined in Ryu's eyes. They turned to see four gaurds glaring at them.

"Who's there?!" The guard with the flashlight demanded. The guys quickly tried to hide their faces while jumping at the guards. Once Hayato saw one of the guards grabbing Ryu, he quickly threw the guard holding him and rushed to Ryu's aid. He began hitting the guard's head and was soon joined by Tsucchi who pulled Ryu away from the guard. Ryu was pushed to the ground while the other eight men wrestled and struggled in front of him.

"Run Ryu!" Tsuchhi cried.

"Hurry Ryu!" Hayato yelled at his hesitant friend.

"Go to Yuki!" Takeda yelled. Ryu froze and looked at him. "Yuki hasn't left yet! Maki went to visit her earlier! She won't be leaving until three days! You need to escape and stop her!"

"Run Ryu!" Hayato repeated. "Run and stop Yuki before he gets married to some other guy!" With a nod from each of his friends, Ryu returned the nod before dashing out of the Odagiri property. He jumped over the gates and turned back to the house where his friends were struggling to help him escape. He felt like a coward by running away while leaving them alone to face his father, but if he turned back now then he'll get caught and all their efforts would be for nothing. He ran at a random direction and noticed something fell out of his pocket. A note? He picked it up and read it silently behind a bush.

 

This is where Yuki is staying.

Star Tokyo Hotel

Room#617

~Hayato

PS:

Tsucchi:Takeda found it, but Hayato didn't include us. Anyways this is from all four of us. Go get her back Ryu!

Takeda:Gambatte Ryu!

Hyuga:Good luck.

Hayato:Don't make our efforts go to waste pal.

 

Ryu chuckled a bitter chuckle to himself. How did they get this in his pocket without him noticing anyways? He didn't remember them shaking hands or getting too close before. Oh well, now isn't the time to think that anyways. He shoved the note back in his pocket and raced a few cars to the hotel and frantically searched the rooms.

"617" Ryu thought gratefully. "We're going to be reunited again..." He knocked on the door and waited for a response. After a few seconds, the door finally opened and Ryu's hope crashed when he saw Yuki's father at the door. "May I please see Yuki?"

"Odagiri," Her father gasped. He quickly stepped out of the room and closed the door. "I want you nowhere near my daughter anymore. Do you hear me? She was never taken in be the police before but once she met you, it happened twice!"

"Please let me see her," Ryu begged. "I want to marry your daughter. My father is against it, but I'm not."

"If you don't leave soon, I will call security on you," her father threatened. "And I'm sure you just escaped so getting caught will send you straight back home."

"Please just let me see her once," Ryu begged. "And I'll leave."

"Daddy!" Sakura's voice rang out. She somehow opened the door and pushed past Mr.Kudo and ran into Ryu's arms. "Ryu, we missed you so much! Please don't let him take us away!" 

"Ryu?" A mature female voice asked. Out stepped Yuki's mother with surprise in her eyes. She quickly pulled Sakura from Ryu's arms and held Sakura in her own. "Please leave Ryu, we can't have these two going back to you."

"That night was just a misunderstanding," Ryu pleaded. "I assure you we're not delinquents. It was a big misunderstanding, we just forgot to pay. Please let me marry Yuki."

"Request denied," Yuki's father retorted. "Who says that was the only reason? You are always getting into trouble and I can't have our daughter getting involved with violence you partake in!"

"But we don't fight anymore!" Ryu yelled. "We promised to not fight so we can graduate together."

"Then what about after?" Her father challenged. "If it's to only graduate together, then what about after? You'll all fight again."

"No we won't," Ryu answered. "We've matured because of Yankumi. She taught us how life is and why we should be responsible for our decisions."

"He's telling the truth!" Sakura cried. "Yankumi babysitted me a few times and it's true! Please let Ryu and Yuki be together again!"

"What kind of manners are those?" Her father yelled again. "A child should call their parents by 'Mother' and "father', but I see this man has taught you to call them by their names!"

"Then we'll teach her your way!" Ryu cried. "Let the three of us be together again, I beg of you."

"Ryu, I think it's best that you leave now," Yuki's mother said for the first time since she grabbed Sakura back. "I will call security if you don't."

"You're Yuki's mother," Ryu said. "Aren't you concerned for her happiness?" Yuki's mother held in her tears as she glared at Ryu.

"I will call security if you do not leave," she repeated angrily. 

"Son, I think you should go," Yuki's father said in a gently tone and began pushing him towads the elevator. Ryu mindlessly walked out of the hotel, replaying the conversation over and over in his head. They never gave him a reason of why they shouldn't be together, so why should he give up? He continued walking randomly through the city angrily, kicking anything on the ground. Caught up in his anger, Ryu soon found himself being saved by Yankumi and the guys once again during a fight. What it was for, he couldn't remember since his thoughts were clouded up by remorse for not being able to save Yuki.

"What are you doing?" Yankumi asked him disappointedly since he was fighting. They went to their cafe and had his friends clean up his wounds.

"Are you okay?" Takeda asked as he wiped the blood on Ryu's face. Ignoring his question, Ryu asked them about earlier.

"How'd it go with you guys?" Ryu asked. None of them answered him, but looked down instead.

"It's okay," Yankumi answered for them. "Don't worry about it. I'll speak to the Superintendent and your father tomorrow." Ryu gave her a grateful smile to her before looking down.

"I'm sorry," He said sadly. "I caused so much trouble for you guys." He stood up and began walking away before Hayato asked him where he was going.

"Are you going home?" Hyuga asked. Ryu shook his head.

"Things will work out eventually," Ryu replied.

"Ryu!" Takeda called.

"What about Yuki?!" Hayato demanded. "If you go home, you really won't see her again!"

"I can't see her anyways!" Ryu yelled. "I was nearly thrown out when I went to see her earlier! And I still haven't gotten to see her!"

"Why do you continue to bottle things up?" Yankumi asked angrily. "Why don't you tell us what's on your mind?!" Ryu turned and apologized to her once again. "Don't go! Come to my house!" Her idea caused surprise for everyone.

"Eh?" Hayato asked. "Wait, his dad is connected to the police."

"I don't care about that!" Yankumi yelled. "Come!" Even thought he didn't know why, Ryu agreed to it and now finds himself sitting in Yankumi's house. He stared at the night, wondering about Sakura and Yuki.

"I promise I'll come for you two," whispered Ryu into the night. Behind him, Yankumi watched her student sadly, seeing his broken heart and promised herself that she would help him.