Yuki's Late Birthday

Ryu Odagiri's Fiance in an All Boys' School

For about two weeks, Yuki's personality and attitude towards everyone changed. Ever since the fight with Ryu, she tried to avoid hanging out with the guys by going to work at Kuma's. Once in a while she'd try to make friends with the girls at Momo High, but the only one she succeeded with was Maki since the other Momo girls thought badly of Yuki for being in an all boys' school. As for Ryu, Yuki still spent time at home giggling and cuddling with him, but he could see that Yuki is drained each day. It was like she was faking a smile. Once in a while Ryu would leave the guys so he and Yuki could go on a date, but Ryu usually went with the guys for about two hours before the two saw each other again.

Ryu sighed as he went home and found Yuki asleep on the couch for the third time that week. He knows she's been depressed, but she never once mentioned her sadness to him, not wanting to worry Ryu. He carefully sat her up without waking her and succeeded miraculously. Ryu went to sit under her upper half and hugged her torso close to him with his head on hers.

"Ryu?" Yuki lightly muttered as she fluttered her eyes open. She looked up at him and felt a tear hit her cheek, causing her to jump in concern. "Ryu what's wrong? Please don't cry." Yuki proceeded to put him in a tight embrace as Ryu teared up and tried to hold it in. "Ryu-kun, it's not good to hold things in. You should just cry and let it out." Ryu paused for a moment and looked at her.

"This isn't right," Ryu sniffed. He cleared his throat and became composed again. "You're the one being so different lately. You come home every night tired and yet you try to sound happy for me. I've noticed this for a while, please tell me what's wrong. I'm worried for you." Yuki stared at him before hugging him with her head in his chest again.

"I feel lonely." Her weak and sad response sent guilt through every ounce of Ryu. "You usually go out with Hayato and the guys, and since I can't hang out with them anymore, we get less time together. Maki-chan is the only friend I have that I can hang out with because the only girls think that just because I go to an all boys' school, I'm a sl--" She was quickly cut off by Ryu who placed his lips over hers. When they broke apart, Yuki stared at him in confusion.

"Don't say that word," Ryu mumbled in her neck. "You're like your name, snow. Snow is pure and innocent, because of its white color. I want you to remain innocent. Do you understand me?" Yuki meekly nodded, still feeling his lips graze her neck with each movement, causing her to giggle. "Why are you giggling?" Ryu asked and couldn't help but chuckle at her himself.

"Your lips are tickling my neck," replied Yuki as she leaned into him even more.

"Oh sorry," he said, but he knew she wasn't mad about it. "I don't want you to feel alone anymore. I'm sorry I ever made you do this." Yuki whimpered not knowing what he meant and for him pushing his lips into her neck more. "You seem so distant from everyone, even though it's my fault. I trust you Yuki, so starting tomorrow if you want you can hang out with the guys again. Just remember that I'm your boyfriend okay?" Ryu jokingly gave her a stern look and Yuki nodded in response with a smile. "And from now on, if you ever feel like this at all in any way, I want you to tell me so I can help you. It hurts seeing you so lifeless like that."

"Okay!" Yuki exclaimed. That's when she realized how close their faces and bodies were. "Ryu-kun? I love you."

"I know," replied Ryu. "I love you too." He crashed his lips into hers and ran his hand through her hair, playing with the ends of it. Yuki giggled into the kiss and caused Ryu to smile at her cuteness. They broke apart when the two ran out of breath and decided to sleep while cuddling again. "I'll give you another shirt to sleep in okay?" Yuki obeyed, knowing he liked seeing her in his shirts. They changed into their sleepwear, Ryu in his regular Pj bottoms and Yuki in one of Ryu's long dress shirts.

The next day at school, everyone noticed Yuki a lot brighter than how she's been lately.

"Yuki you seem so happy today!" Hayato cried with a grin. "Did Ryu give you a little something at night?" His suggestion earned him a punch from Ryu as the other guys laughed.

"Oh yeah," Takeda muttered. "Ryu when are you giving her the ri--" Ryu jumped in front of Takeda and muffled his question before Yuki could hear the rest of it.

"Not yet Takeda," Ryu hissed, worried that Yuki would figure it out. "Not until next month." Tsucchi and Hyuga gave him a thumbs up.

"My kids are growing up so fast," Hyuga said pretending to cry.

"Ryu's older than you," Tsucchi pointed out, causing them to laugh. That's when everyone realized something, exccept Yuki who was still laughing.

"Wait, Yuki-chan, you're only 17," Takeda pointed out. Realization hit the rest of the group when they found out their friend's birthday may be coming up and they didn't even know about it! Ryu began to overthink due to the fact that he doesn't know what to do for her birthday or when it is.

"When's your birthday?" Hayato asked curiously.

"No, it's okay," replied Yuki. "I don't want you guys to have to do something for me." Everyone began pouting and bombing her with questions.

"But we threw a party for each of us!" Hyuga protested. "It's only natural we have one for you too!"

"Besides if you don't let us, then you're taking away our chances to get girlfriends!" Tsucchi cried trying to guilt her into it.

"Okay, okay, okay!" Yuki laughed. "It's February 27!" Ryu hugged her from behind as the guys groaned.

"That means it passed already!" Hayato cried dramatically. It's true though, Yuki didn't tell anyone about it and now it's a few days past her birthday, so they don't have to do anything for her, or that's what she thought. Hayato and the guys had other plans. "Alright team! Our mission to throw Yuki a late birthday party! Well doesn't have to be a party, could just be a hang out with friends and then a date between her and Ryu later. Everybody in?!" Yuki smiled at her friends as they all put their hands in. "Ryu, you take Yuki away somewhere else while we plan things. We'll fill you in later and you can add details that you want." Takeda shooed them out the classroom until school started.

"Yuki, I'm sorry," Ryu whispered as he held her tight.

"Why?" Her sweet voice asked him. He sighed and played with her hair again.

"It was your birthday that day but instead of spending that day with you, I was out with the guys and left you alone until 6," Ryu replied with regret.

"But you didn't know when my birthday was," Yuki tried to make him feel better, but the statement seemed to have made it worse. He left go of her and groaned as he paced and rubbed his head.

"That's even worse," He whined in an un-Ryu-ish way, causing Yuki to giggle. "A good boyfriend would've asked you when your birthday was so he could start planning, but I just forgot about it." His heart fluttered slightly when Yuki smiled and stood on her toes to kiss him.

"It's okay Ryu," Yuki repeated. "I don't want to bother you guys with things like this." Before Ryu could reply back, Yankumi cleared from behind them.

"Ahem!" Yankumi coughed. "Class is starting, please go in." Yankumi held the door open and came in after them. "Good morning class!" The class greeted her back cheerfully. "Please turn to page 58 in your books." Yankumi began try to teach them angles again as Hayato whispered their plans to Ryu and the two shared ideas.

During every class, Yuki got nervous and kept checking the clock for school to end. After homeroom, Ryu had told her they would be celebrating that day after school. The anxiety was getting to her as Yuki tapped her foot, wishing for the clock to go faster.

RIIINNNNNNG!

'Finally!' Yuki thought as she dashed out the door and met up with Ryu and the guys at the gate.

"First off!" Hayato announced. "We shall be going to the Odagiri mansion for this special day!"

"No, first," Takeda corrected. "Is Ryu putting a blind fold on Yuki-chan for our surprise."

"But Hayato already announce where we're going," Yuki stated. "There's no point putting a blind fold on me." Hayato's eyes widened in shock as the guys jokingly punched him.

"Well you don't know how it is going to be like, so blind fold," Ryu ordered and tied something around her eyes.

"Yuki-chan looks cute!" She heard Hyuga exclaim. Yuki smiled as she heard the guys agreeing and Ryu yell "She's my girlfriend don't forget!"

"Okay," Tsucchi said. "Hayato, Hyuga, Take, and I will get there first so we can do some things. So Ryu, entertain her until 6 okay?" Yuki didn't hear Ryu, so she took it that he was nodding instead.

"Wait isn't it dangerous to walk around like this?" Yuki asked worriedly, but heard the guys running away already.

"Don't worry," Ryu's voice whispered. "I'll be your eyes. You trust me right?" Yuki nodded. "Then let's explore new places." As Ryu walked her around the city, she could hear people asking what was Ryu doing, why did Yuki have a blind fold on, and once even heard a girl ask Ryu out. "I'm sorry, but I love my girlfriend too much," Ryu retorted back at the girl. Yuki felt tears b her eyes as she used Ryu's hand to turn him towards her.

"Ryu, thank you," Yuki gratefully said. "You really are the best boyfriend ever." Yuki hugged back when she felt Ryu's arms wrap around her.

"Let's go, I want to show you a place I discovered as a boy," Ryu told her and pulled her farther. After half an hour, she finally felt Ryu stopping. "We're here. Can you hear that?" Yuki listened carefully and heard water dripping. She opened her eyes when Ryu pulled off the blind fold.

"Oh my," she gasped as she looked around. Yuki had no idea where they were, but she knew Ryu had led her into a crystal cave. "Where are we?"

"We're in a hidden cave at the beach," Ryu replied as she pulled her over to a crystal rock. "I found this when I got lost at the beach once and I  come here once in a while when I need to get away. Also, I've always thought when someone has my heart, I would take her here to share my treasure with her." He showed her around the cave and looked back at his watch. "It's almost 6, let's head back." Yuki pouted, but nodded knowing their friends were waiting.

Before they entered the mansion, Ryu had put the blindfold back on. He opened the door and guided her into one of the rooms.

"Surprise!" Five voices cried as Yuki removed the cloth from her eyes.

"Thank you you guys!" Yuki exclaimed looking around the room. The guys had put up blue streamers to resemble the crystal cave, it wasn't close to the beauty of the real thing, but they tried. She laughed when she noticed the guys wearing tuxedoes.

"Ryu described this nice place to us and told us to try to recreate it here," Hyuga informed as Hayato pulled out a chair for Yuki. Tsucchi pulled out Ryu's chair for him, causing them to laugh.

"These," Takeda said as he held up a few bags, "were all bought by Ryu, but four were chose by us. We didn't have enough money so Ryu lent us some. You can open them after you eat." Yuki thanked Takeda as he set the bags to the side.

"Here," Hayato said in a terrible French accent, but was enough to make Yuki and Ryu laugh once more. "Is our appetitzer, we shall be back later with the main course." He removed the lids to reveal seafood soup. Tsucchi and Hyuga went to take the bowls from the plate and set them in front of Ryu and Yuki.

"Thank you, kind sirs," Yuki joked as she received a spoon from Takeda.

"Itadakimasu," Ryu and Yuki said before eating. They noticed the guys staring at them in hunger. "Would you like some?" Ryu asked as Yuki giggled.

"Oh we couldn't," Hayato denied. "But if you insist!" The guys jumped to the bowl with the rest of the soup and began drinking the whole thing. Ryu and Yuki were simply laughing at the sight, but once the guys were about to eat the main course, Ryu jumped up from his seat and tried to grab it from them, causing Yuki to fall over from fits of laughter.

"No! Give it back!" Ryu cried as he ducked Takeda. "It's supposed to be for Yuki! You guys can have some later." They ignored him so he sighed and brought out more plates. "Okay you know what? Sit down." The guys followed Ryu's orders right away. His actions showed Yuki that Ryu used to be the leader of 3D but now is a co leader with Hayato. They watched as Ryu splitted the food onto the plates equally and passed them around. The guys jumped in their chairs in glee as they got their plates. Once Ryu sat down again, everyone began eating happily. However, instead of being seated across from each other again, Ryu and Yuki now sat side by side.

"That was really good you guys!" Yuki exclaimed after the dishes were put in the sink. "Where'd you guys know where to order?"

"We told Ryu the ideas," Takeda replied. "So he recommended some places to call."

"You guys know, you could help!" Hayato complained as he walked out of the kitchen with a pink apron and his hair tied back in a bandana. He was also still wearing the gloves that he had to wash the dishes."

"Well it's Yuki's birthday so she shouldn't do it. Ryu paid for everything, and I thought of the romantic date idea for them," Takeda pointed out innocently as he turned to Hayato.

"I ordered the stuff," Hyuga said.

"So that leaves our loud leader who just gave orders," Tsucchi teased. "Because I carried this stuff in and helped the guys set up the streamers."

"Fine," Hayato pouted and went back to doing the dishes, earning laughs from everyone else.

"Let's watch a movie after we open presents!" Hyuga suggested and pulled out some movies from his bag.

"Which one do you want to watch Yuki?" Ryu asked as he pulled her onto his lap. Yuki looked them all over, frowning more and more at each one.

"They're all horror films," Yuki said fearfully.

"But they're funny!" Takeda exclaimed. Yuki just repeated that they were all horror films. "Don't worry, it's fun with friends!"

"Well since you don't know," Ryu said. "Let's watch this one." He held up the DVD about a yazuka film.

"That looks like Yankumi a bit doesn't it?" Tsucchi asked as he pointed at a woman in the background with a bloody face, glasses, and her hair in pigtails.

"Wow it really does!" Hyuga agreed. Yuki hid her face in Ryu's chest.

"Can I pass?" She asked. Ryu chuckled and mumbled on her head again.

"Nope," He replied. "But I'll be sitting right next to you for you to hold on to okay?" By the time Yuki finally gave in to watching the movie, Hayato finished the dishes and plopped down on the sofa besides Ryu.

"I'm so tired!" He complained and earned a poke from Ryu.

"Don't complain Hayato," he scolded in a brotherly tone.

"Let's open the presents now!" Hyuga cried and passed Yuki the first bag. She happily opened it but frowned when she saw what Hayato had gotten her. Inside Hayato's present was a y nurse outfit couples used for 'bed activities'.

"Hayato!" The guys yelled and smacked him on the head as the fluffy-haired boy fell to the ground in laughter.

"Moving on," Yuki muttered and took Hyuga's present from him. She opened it and inside a tiny and cute camera that prints out the picture right after it was taken. "Thank you Hyuga! Let's take one you guys!" Everyone got into a pose as Hyuga set up the camera. Yuki had a peace sign while one of Ryu's arms was around her. Hayato had his signature bunny pose. Takeda made a funny kissy face and Tsucchi tried to look tough while fanning himself. Hyuga ran back in time and hugged Takeda. Right at the last two seconds, Ryu decided to be funny and poked Hayato's collarbones.

"AH!" His girly shriek filled the air as he jumped and grabbed his neck and almost fell over. Hyuga grabbed the picture and showed it to eveeryone as he laughed. Everyone laughed after him, except Hayato who was yelling at Ryu. Everyone looked like their pose except Ryu and Hayato. Ryu had a smug grin on his face after poking Hayato, who in the picture, had his mouth open and looked like he was harrassed. Next Tsucchi got Yuki a plush toy. Takeda had gotten her a frame with a picture of her and Ryu on their date at the Sakura festival, bringing tears to Yuki's eyes.

"I know they're tears of happiness," Ryu chuckled at her. "But it's not good to cry right now." He wiped them away as they all looked back at the camera again. Hyuga had excitedly took a few pictures each time a present was open. Hayato had at least one hand on his neck for each picture, suspecting Ryu would poke his collar bone again. "Now it's my turn." They watched as Ryu left the room for a while and came back with a box. He opened it and revealed a beautiful necklace.

"I know I got you a dog tag at the festival," Ryu stated. "But this suits you more. My snow angel deserves something much more beautiful but this was all I could find. I hope you like it. There's only one in this world because I had it customized for you." He pulled the star shaped necklace with a heart in the middle out of the box and held it up in front of her. "Read it."

"Ryu and Yuki Odagiri

Forever in love"

Yuki read on the back. Her hand went to as tears brimmed out of her eyes. Hyuga started snapping a few pictures. Ryu took it out of her hands again and clasped the beautiful jewelry onto her delicate neck.

"That heart in the middle is my heart," Ryu explained. "And the star is you because you hold my heart and you're my shining star." Hyuga took one last picture of Ryu and Yuki hugging. The guys cheered as they broke apart and they all sat down. Takeda slid the DVD into the DVD player as the last event for the night.

That night Yuki experienced the best birthday ever. Her friends and boyfriend had gave so much effort to make it a special day for her. Takeda and Hyuga hugged each other from how scared they were. Tsucchi hid his face with a fan. Yuki, just as she said continued hiding her face in Ryu's chest. Hayato watched the TV intensely and kept repeating "I know I should stop watching, but I can't look away!" while shaking back and forth in fetus position. Ryu was the only one who didn't seem too effected by the movie. Once in a while he would whisper sweet things into Yuki's ear to calm her down. Since he was still annoyed with Hayato for trying to give Yuki a erted present, Ryu decided to be the nice friend and get back at him in a friendly manner. When Hayato doesn't notice, Ryu would slid a finger on Hayato's collar bones, causing him to shriek and scare Tsucchi, Hyuga, and Takeda, but cause Yuki to giggled. Besides Hayato, no one told Ryu to stop because it made their adorable friend laugh and to be honest, it was funny to them too. The whole day they had so much laughs that Yuki never experienced at her old home.

By the time the movie finished, it was past midnight, too late for the guys to go home, but luckily they had called and told their parents where they were already. Yuki went to her room to change into long PJs, disappointing Ryu since he won't get to see his girlfriend wear his shrit that night. Ryu lent his friends some of his clothes and all of them met downstairs in the living room again after they all changed. They helped Ryu and Yuki set up the sheets on the ground. At first Ryu was about to give them rooms to stay in that night, but they decided it was more fun if they slept together.

"Good night guys!" Yuki called. They returned goodnights to her too. Everyone finally relaxed and closed their eyes, waiting for the night to pass. However one thing kept the night from ending right there.

"AHHH!!!" Hayato's shriek filled the house once again.

"RYU!" Ryu's chuckle was heard before he answered.

"Sorry, it's a habit now." Everyone laughed except Hayato who was cursing again.

"Hayato..." Ryu said in a threatening voice. "If you curse in front of Yuki, I'm going to do it again." That shut the annoyed boy up right away.

"Okay, now really," Yuki giggled. "Goodnight guys."

"Good night!"

"Night, and happy birthday Yuki."

"Night."

"Thanks for the best birthday ever you guys," Yuki whispered before falling asleep.