A New Side of Ryu

Ryu Odagiri's Fiance in an All Boys' School

Yuki woke up the next morning and called Yankumi to inform her that she and Ryu would most likely stay home that day.

"Make sure he gets better ok?" Yuankumi asked, acting as if she was his mother.

"Of course sensei, we'll be back to school again really soon!" Yuki said cheerfully and hung up the phone. She went to the bathroom and got the materials to redress Ryu's wounds and brought them quietly over to his room.

"Ry-- I mean Odagiri-kun?" Her small voice rang through the room. Walking in, she realized he was still asleep. Yuki began to put the tools down and stared at the sleeping man. She brushed a part of his hair out of his eyes and carressed his cheek softly. to her, he seemed so cute and peaceful, although there was something that made him scared. Yuki frowned seeing him grunt silently in pain, as if he was reliving the day before in a nightmare. She quietly yelped as Ryu's hand came out from under the covers and grabbed hers the way a little boy would grab his mother's hand.

"You're in a lot of pain aren't you?" She put another hand over his to attempt calming him down. Although her question didn't need to be answered since Ryu was gripping her hard pretty hard. Yuki decided to sing a song to make his troubles go away.

 

"Saki no koto
Dorehodo ni
Kangaete ite mo
Hontou no koto nante
Darenimo mienai
Kuuhaku? Kokoro ni
Nanika ga tsumatte
Ayamachi bakari, kurikaeeta"

 

As she sang, she tried to make sure her pitch and voice would seem as angelic as possible.

 

~~Ryu~~

 

Hearing an angel singing, the dark men and their abuse disappeared and Ryu was suddenly in a calm place again. A place that seemed like heaven.

"Is this heaven?" Ryu heard himself ask.

"No, this is your room..."A voice spoke to him. "Odagiri-kun, please wake up." The voice sounded so sweet and full of worry for him. Ryu began trying to open his eyes. A girl sat over him with a worried look on her face, her pink lips slightly opened.

"Angel-san?" Ryu asked groggily. The girl giggled and flicked his cheek lightly.

"Idiot," she replied. "It's me, Yuki." His eyes became wide and he pushed her away, realizing how close they were. Yuki yelped as she fell onto the floor. She sat up on his bed again with a pout. "You don't have to be so rude..."

'Was she the one singing earlier?' Thoughts of the angel singing went through his mind.

"Well who said you could go in my room?!" Ryu challenged. "Get out."

"No, I have to redress your wounds." With that, Yuki began to take off his shirt, only to have Ryu throw his arms over his chest.

"What are you doing?!" He shouted surprised. Yuki grabbed his hands gently and moved them aside.

"I told you, I'm redressing your wounds." She began to take off his shirt again, this time Ryu let her as he relaxed in the bed. Yuki blushed as she stared at his chest. It was too dark last night and because of the mood, Yuki had to rush it. But now, she had time and the morning sun was shining on his body. Yuki saw his defined muscles as she unwrapped the bandages. Without realization, Yuki just stopped and stared at him. Ryu raised his eyebrow.

"You're drooling." His voice snapped her out of her trance.

"Eh?"

"I said you're drooling." Yuki quickly wiped her chin and flushed, seeing that it was true. "Dress my wounds and then get out," he ordered coldly. Yuki followed his orders and tried to finish his bandages without looking at him in the eyes or chest anymore.

"I'm done," she said quietly. Ryu nodded and thanked her before putting on his shirt again. "Odagiri-kun, I'm going to make breakfast, please come down when you're done up here." As she left, Ryu chuckled to himself as he watched her poke her dimples calling herself stupid on the way out.

 

~30 minutes later~~

 

"Good morning Ryu-k-- Ummm... Odagiri-kun!" Yuki caught herself before she made a mistake. Ryu grunted to her and sat down at the table. He began drooling as Yuki brought out a plate of honey chicken and a bowl or porridge.

"I'm not sick you know," Ryu said as if he was speaking to a toddler. Yuki pouted at him and fed him a spoon of porridge.

"I know, but porridge would help you heal faster," Yuki said holding another spoon up. "Say 'Ah!"'

'She looks so cute...' Ryu thought and mentally slapped himself for thinking so. For the next ten minutes, Ryu sat there as Yuki fed him his porridge. When she left to wash the bowl, Ryu began eating the chicken.

"You know we have people to wash them for you right?" Ryu asked annoyed.

"I know that too, but I rather do it since they have enough work to do," she stated still with her back turned to him. "Besides, this will help me be a better wife in the future." Yuki yelped and turned around when she heard a hand slam on the table.

"Our parents may have arranged a marriage between us, but that doesn't mean I'll act the way they want me to," he muttered with anger in his voice. As he spoke, he took a few steps towards her. Yuki bit her lip as he came closer. "I'm not happy with you being my future wife, don't think you doing these things for me will change that, stupid girl..." Ryu slammed his hand on the counter near her again and walked out of the room, and then out of the house. Yuki fearfully brought the dishes to the sink and began cleaning them. His words echoed in her mind, causing tears to fall.

"He's right," she said and accepted the fact. "This marriage was forced, we can't be like a normal couple." Yuki finished the dishes and walked back up to her room.

"But why am I so hurt? I don't even love him..." She began to cry softly on her bed again and tried to calm herself down.

 

 

~~Ryu~~

 

 

"Was I too hard on her?" He asked himself. "No, she asked for it. Bringing up that marriage thing." Ryu cried out in frustration and kicked the can he saw on the street. The can hit a tree in front of him and became stuck. He ran his hand through his hair as he thought on what he did. Her terrified expression when he hit the table and the tears threatening to fall out when he called her stupid and told her he wouldn't be happy with her. He began to wonder what happened after he stormed out of the house.

As he passed a Sanrio store, he noticed a Hello Kitty plushie on the display window that was being featured. The plushie held a letter that could be written on by the customer. On its chest was a red heart that Ryu knew girls liked.

"Maybe she'll like that," Ryu said and walked into the store. He walked up to the girl working the counter. "May I get one of those please?" The girl looked at his flirtatiously.

"Of course cutie, anything else you'd like?" She asked and bent over to reach for one of the plushies, making sure her stuck out for him to see.

"No," came the cold response. The girl tried to pout cutely like Yuki does, but ends up looking even creepier than before. Ryu quickly paid for the plushie and ran out of the store.

 

At home, Ryu walked in and peered around for Yuki, who was no where in sight. He strolled up to his room and placed his hand on the handle. Just before he opened it, he heard muffled sniffs from Yuki's room. Her quiet cries filled his heart with guilt. He quickly wrote down some things on the letter and began to enter her room.

 

~~Yuki~~

Yuki tried to hide her tears as she saw her door opening. She hugged herself tighter when the person closed her door. Ryu came in holding something behind his back.

"Don't cry anymore," he muttered while looking at the ground. "You're going to look ugly if you keep doing that." Ryu dropped the plushie into her hands and walked out the door. Surprised that he got her something, Yuki looked at the plushie closely. The Hello Kitty plushie was so cute! Then she noticed a letter in its hands. She removed it from the hands and began reading.

 

Dear stupid head,

   I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings because you probably don't want this marriage as much as I do. This is hard on you as it is on me, and I should respect your feelings. Don't cry over someone you don't even love though. We were forced into this remember? Since we have no way out, we should try to get along. But know I won't ever fall in love with you because I don't like stupid girls.

~~Sincerely and please forgive me,

Ryu Odagiri

 

Yuki smiled a small smile as she finished his letter. She placed it on the counter next to her bed and fell backwards onto her bed giggling while hugging the plushie close to her. Unknowing to her, she was being watched ever since she looked at the plushie by an 18 year-old boy outside her door.

"I'm sorry, but I can't love you," Ryu sighed and walked back into his room.