Career or love?

If only you weren't famous..

Doojoon leaned back into the couch and looked out the room.

He noticed a pair of legs at the door, which disappeared two seconds after.

----

"Nicole-ah, I'll go check on the rest okay?" Doojoon stood up and left.

She stared back into the magazine and sighed.

-

(Doojoon's POV)

I walked into the restroom. Hyunseung was still in the showers, the rest were changing and packing their bags. Junhyung was sitting on the chair staring at nothing in particular. 

I sat down beside him and placed my hands on his shoulders.

"Junhyung-ah, you okay?"

He took a deep breath and sighed.

"I'm fine. Let's go." He walked out the door.

-

(Nicole's POV)

"Nicole-ah, let's go!" Yoseob grabbed my hands and ran out the practice room.

They put on their disguise once we were out the building. I walked over to Junhyung, who was just putting on his beanie.

"I really prefer you without sunglasses.." I adjusted his beanie for him.

"I'm an idol, what do you expect? Me to walk around without anything on? It could get me killed." He pushed my hands off and walked away.

I stood there rooted to the ground. Little waves of tears started to swim around my eyeballs, threatening to fall.

It doesn't even matter whether the words are said with intentions or not, whether he meant it or not, they bring about the same damage. I felt my heart shattered.

"He's just tired, he'll be okay after a sleep." Doojoon patted my head.

"It's okay, he's right anyway.." I faked a smile and quickly walked away, wiping my tears off.

-

They were in the restaurant waiting for their food to arrive. Nicole was sitting at the right end of the table beside Yoseob, and Junhyung was sitting at the other end. Nicole looked at Junhyung. He kept pressing his phone and when he finally looked up to meet her eyes, he looked back into his phone almost immediately.

She looked down. 'Is it because I'm here? That's why he doesn't feel comfortable?'

"The food is so longgggg.." Yoseob whined, swinging his head back and forth.

"Let's play a game!" Dongwoon sat up straight.

"Truth or dare!" Kikwang wasn't even asking, he took the bottle from his bag and spinned it on the table.

It stopped.

"Ahhhhh hyung! It's you!" Dongwoon punched lightly at Junhyung's arm.

"What? I'm not playing."

"You didn't say you weren't.."

Junhyung glared at Hyunseung. "Truth." He muttered.

"I know! People always ask me this question.." Kikwang cleared his throat. "Career or love?"

"Career." Junhyung snapped without thinking. "Of course it's career. I worked so hard to get to where I am, do you think I will let a stupid relationship destroy it?"

"It's just a question, Junhyung." Doojoon nudged his arm.

"The food is here, aish we only manage to ask one person.." Yoseob pouted. "But let's eat!"

-

Throughout the meal, both Nicole and Junhyung did not talk at all. 

"Are you okay? Why are you not talking?" Yoseob tugged on Nicole's sleeve.

"Nothing, it's just.. I'm tired."

"Ahhhh I see, it's late. You should go home, we still have dance practice anyway. Junhyungie, send Nicole back!" Yoseob swallowed down his last spoonful of rice.

"I'm still eating.." Junhyung mumbled.

"Then hurry up and finish it!" Yoseob whined.

"Yah, can't you send her? Must it always be.." 

"It's okay." Nicole cut Junhyung off. "I can go back myself, goodbye." She gave a weak smile and ran out the restaurant.

Junhyung continued eating.

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU! AISH" Yoseob chased after Nicole.

"Yah, you don't have to do that. Why are you angry with her?" Doojoon half-whispered.

"She's not an exception right?" Junhyung turned to look at him, the anger which was previously in his eyes was replaced with sorrow.

Doojoon's guess was right. Junhyung was the one standing at the door just now.

"Junhyung-ah.."

"Then I see no reason for me to try anymore.." He breathe heavily.

-

"Nicole-ah! I'll send you bac.. omo why are you crying!" Yoseob wiped the tears off her face.
"Yo..seo..bie... I.." She sniffed and sniffed, trying to construct a proper sentence but couldn't.
"Shhhhhhhhh, don't talk." He pulled her into a hug. Nicole no longer have the strength to hold her tears in anymore, she let them pour and soak Yoseob's shirt.
They stood in silence, only the sounds of her sobs surrounding them.
"Yoseobie, thank you.." He said into his chest. "Sorry for acting like that, it's just that I.."
"You like Junhyung." He cut her off
She pulled away and looked at him.
"It's too obvious, he's too stupid to not see that."
She looked down.
"Just like how stupid you are to not see that Junhyung also.."
"Yoseob-ah, can you promise to keep it a secret?"
"Huh?"
"I don't want him to know.."
Yoseob frowned. "Only if you promise me you won't cry anymore.." He wiped her remaining tears away.
She nodded.
"There are six of us and you had to fall in love with the weirest one.. Aigoo what do we do?" Yoseob laughed and ruffled her hair.
She giggled with him. "Hurry send me back! I want to sleep!"
"Okay okay let's go.."
Nicole mentally sighed. She can't let anyone see her real feelings anymore.

'Doojoon-ah, I lied. I love him, I love him so much it makes my heart call for him every second. But I can't let him know.. not if he's going to reject me and break my heart into pieces..'