19th december

If only you weren't famous..

He haven't had the slightest idea about the number of times his phone rang.

But disappointment comes once, twice, over and over again each time he flips it open and reads the content.

So many birthday wishes he probably lost count over them, yet none was from her.

'She really doesn't have the slightest idea what day it is..' Junhyung threw his phone over to Kikwang's bed and buried himself under the covers, deep into his pillow.

-

So many flowers, so many presents and wishes flooded the waiting room. His phone vibrated again in his pocket but he didn't really bother to look at it again. Probably another birthday wish.

His friends knew, his bandmates knew, his friends in the entertainment circle knew, his family knew, his fans knew, everybody knows. Everybody except for that one person he wanted her to know the most. 

"Junhyungie~ it's your birthday! There's no reason to frown or be unhappy when there's so many people celebrating it for you." Yoseob smiled while cupping his cheeks, thumb pressing into his skin and forcing his lips to curl upwards.  

He decided that Yoseob was right, there's no reason not to smile especially after the surprise his bandmates had for him during their performance. Yoseob with the funny glasses where the letters H-A-P-P-Y B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y lies on top, and Dongwoon with the mini banner containing the wishes for him.

"Thank you!" He giggled happily. This birthday wasn't one he expected but it was still good nonetheless.

"Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!" He turned around what with the remains of hope that it'll be her, only to meet Gina's hug.

"Noona, you really sound like her." Junhyung pulled away.

"Really? Then maybe I can be her substitute for today. But no touching and kissing please." She winked.

"Thank you noona.."

"So how was your day so far.. Junnie~" She chuckled at the nickname that he allowed only one special person to call.

"Yah stop it!" 

-

"Hello?" Junhyung picked up the phone call instantly when he saw who it was.

"Junnie," Came the familiar sound he had been dying to hear. "I miss the cold weather there."

"Yah don't you miss me?"

"I do, but I miss the cold weather more." She giggled at the other end.

"Yah Nicole-ah do you know today is Junhyung's buhhhhhhh.." Yoseob's mouth was covered as he struggled out of Junhyung's hand.

"Today is what?" 

"Nothing, today it snowed here."

"Awwwww and I can't see it?" He swore he heard her pout.

"So hurry come back and you can see it." He smiled. This was definitely enough to keep the smile on his day throughout the day even if she doesn't know what occasion it was.

Junhyung leaned back into his seat while he flipped his phone close, smiling.

"Humpf." Yoseob crossed his hands against his chest and looked away out the window of the van, clearly pissed.

-

The day went by pretty quick, they went for their dance practice for what seemed like hours. Other than the hugs and wishes which didn't really pose as a problem, the amount of presents did. You know, it's not like they have a big dorm or a space huge enough for that much amount.

Blame it on his popularity.

"Because it's your birthday, you'll get the rest of the day off. Go enjoy yourself!" The manager told him while the others continued with their practice.

He walked around aimlessly, feeling lost. All he wanted to do was to really cuddle up with a particular someone.

Junhyung ended up sitting on the couch in Nicole's new apartment, which she finally agreed to buy after all the multiple naggings from him about how expensive it was to stay in the hotel. It wasn't like she didn't put up a tough fight when he say he would buy it for her but all it really took was a simple sentence to shut her up.

"I'm a man, I should be paying everything for my girl."

He stood up and walked into the spare room, where he liked to be in when he's writing lyrics because it was where his best inspirations comes, other than Yoseob's presence. He chuckled at the memories as he looked at the countless polaroids sticked onto the wall, some along the string stretching from one end to the other. Polaroids that contained the memories of him and her.

First choice to spent his birthday was definitely being in her presence but this, he decided, was second best. Being able to be in somewhere that belonged only to the both of them, to lie on the bed filled with her scent, to drink the hot chocolate she liked to drink every morning, to read all the loving messages she wrote on the post-it pads sticking on the wall, it was enough.

-

Junhyung pressed on the numbers of his dorm's door lock, before it clicked open, revealing darkness. He scrambled over the mountain of shoes, reaching for the light switch.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" The roaring buzzed through his ears, making him jumped in shock.

The members, managers, 4minute, Gina, dance instructors and almost everyone they knew were in the dorm, waiting for him to come home to a surprise. Yoseob was holding on to a cake which was decorated with one of Junhyung's picture.

"YAH WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THIS PICTURE!" It was taken during the rare occasions when he acted cute. Damn the truth or dare game.

"MAKE A WISH!" Doojoon screamed and cover his eyes.

'I wish she was here with me..' Junhyung's sub-conscious took the lead.

He opened his eyes, wanting to blow the candles off when he gasped at the sight before him.

There, right in front of him, was his wish granted.

Nicole cocked her head to the side, her eye-smile clearly showing how happy she was to see him. "What did you wish for?"

He came back to his senses and hugged her tight, as if to make sure she wasn't a dream.

"Surprise~" She whispered into his ears. "and happy birthday."

"I thought you're in Singapore?" Junhyung pulled away, smiling like an idiot.

"She didn't even leave, it was all a lie." Hyunseung smirked. 

"She just came to us one day, god knows how she know your birthday, probably by stalking you through goggle search." Doojoon said, earning him a smack from Nicole.

"So we came out with this plan, for you to believe she won't be here so we could surprise you." He continued

"Junhyung-ah, do you know we had to take her phone away because she missed you so much she wanted to call you and spoil the plan?" Yoseob frowned at her. "But we didn't expect to read all the mushy texts you sent her.. ew!" He laughed while Junhyung chased him around the dorm.

 

"Hyung, she really loves you." Dongwoon spoke as they both watch Nicole laughing and playing in the living room. "You know, while you thought she wasn't here, she went to a bakery shop and learnt how to bake." Junhyung turned to him and widen his eyes. 

"Yes you're right, she baked the cake. Seriously, how did she managed to put your picture on it?" Dongwoon scratched his head.

Junhyung felt his heart tingling, wanting to burst into flames of happiness as he cleared his throat for attention.

"Everyone, I'm thankful for today. It was really a wonderful surprise, thank you all for coming!" He bowed. "But for now, I want to spend the remaining day with someone." He grabbed her hand and pulled them out the dorm.

-

"I miss you.." He spoke into her ear.

Nicole pulled away and smiled. "I miss you too, pabo." 

She ran into her bedroom and came back with a thick book. "Happy birthday!"

Junhyung opened it, butterflies forming in his stomach as he flipped it over page by page. There were pictures, drawings, paper-cut patterns and a few paragraph of words on every page. The whole thing was hand-written and drawn by her, like a diary that recorded every single thing that happened between them. Every single date, every single memory, all being penned down.

"Why are you frowning? Is it ugly? Aish I shouldn't have done this, I have bad handwriting.."

"I love it" He interrupted. "It's just, you did so much for me."

"Really? You like it?" Nicole fisted the air in happiness before she was pulled into a tight hug.

"Thank you, for everything."

-

"Are you done?" Junhyung sticked his head into the room.

"Give me a minute." Nicole mumbled as she clipped the final polaroid on the string. It was a picture taken today where the cake remains from the cake fight could still be seen on both their faces.

She stepped back, admiring her masterpiece.

"Ahh what do we do." She turned towards him and smirked. "I'm so artistic."

He strolled towards her and chucked, "Stop being so arrogant." and he carried her up and walked back towards her bedroom, where he decided to spend the night in.

That was how Junhyung's birthday ended. In his favourite place, with his favourite person.

"I love you," He mumbled against her lips. "so much." 

 


A/N: Omo I'm loving all the comments ^^ I personally think that this chapter could be a lot better but I seriously at fluff so I gave up trying to edit and posted it, aish.

@aremoyoona I guess you're not sad anymore! ^^

@b2utyful08 Ahh I see, hmm but I'm sure they will still be appreciative of all the comments. Don't be sad! She knows ^^

@mandyc Hahahaha you mean like this chapter? Hope you like it!

@kaytbear3 Yes the date is real, Junhyung's birthday is 19th december :) Oh and, the part that I wrote about Yoseob and Dongwoon's surprise for him during their performance, it did happened in real life. I think it was music core, you can search it up on youtube. I'm thanking you ahead for all the future comments you're gonna post! Gosh you make me so happy, thank you for loving the story!

@undesirableme Ahh she remembered it, hehehe. I'm glad you always look out for your name, because each time I type all the replies I always wonder if people do take notice of them. I didn't missed out on any past replies you did right? I actually remember you as one of the first few people to comment, it's been probably two months already and you didn't leave. Thank you! I'm leaving a long reply for you on purpose so you'll see it easily ^^

@yong_min_ji Hahahahah chill~ It's just a surprise for him :) Hope you're happy with the chapter! Thank you for the long comments, I actually look forward to it each time I post an update. Keke, thank you times a million! <3

@aristargirl She knows, hehe hope you're happy with the chapter!

@parkminyoong She knows, don't worry! Ahh yes it's becoming more thrilling, all the dramas is starting again. 

@honeybliss Hehe don't be sad! I hope you're not after reading this chapter ^^

@dnakaram Yes you're right, she knows ^^ Ahh thank you! Omo I'll be happy enough even if it's just a one word comment!

@iHEARTjunhyung Aish you guessed it right, why are my readers all so smart? :(

@lizramyun Yups she knows :)

@shine_star Yay you commented! Hehehehe this time it won't get deleted :) Thank you for liking the chapter!