Doubts

If only you weren't famous..

For the next few days Junhyung and Nicole did not see each other due to b2st's schedule. So while they were busy with work, Nicole was visiting all the places that they members suggested to her: Han river, Dongdaemun market, Insa-dong..

Sometimes Nicole would walk along the streets and see news about b2st on those giant monitors attached to the tall buildings. And being able to see Junhyung's face, even if it's not in real life, made her smile and feel relieved that he's doing fine. 

She flipped open her phone.

No new message.

'Why would he? He's an idol, I'm a nobody..' 

And each time she tells herself that, she would feel even more inferior than she already did.

-

The b2st boys looked at their newest schedule list.         

They were in the van on the way for a radio interview. It took them very long before they finished reading it, because it simply had too much stuffs on it. In the coming weeks they will be attending many recordings and at night, they would be practicing for their concert.

"Is there even time to sleep?" Hyunseung raised his eyebrows.

Junhyung sighed.

Of course, that wasn't his main concern. Although that does disturb him that little bit since he loves to sleep. But it has been a busy year for them so he has long gotten used to having very little rest.

But being busy now meant another thing: that he won't be able to see her as much anymore.

And boy, doesn't that sting?

It's not like she will be there waiting for him the whole year round, she doesn't even live in Korea. And as much as he hates to admit it, she doesn't belong to him.. not yet, but still. During the time when he's busy, she might meet another boy.. a boy who has all the time in the world for her. 

He wished so much that he could wrap his arms around her and tell her how much she means to him. But what if she falls in love with him only to realize that he can’t give her what she wants?

He won’t be able to have a lot time for her.

He won’t be able to bring her out for dates like any couples do without being in a disguise.

He won’t be able to hold her hands in the public and say, “That’s my girlfriend.”

She would be like a dirty dark secret. A secret that can never be revealed.

She would be hurt, day by day. Until one day she won’t be able to take it anymore, she would leave. Leave with a broken heart that can never be mended.

Junhyung’s heart cringed at that thought. He is scared. He’s so scared that he wished she hadn’t known him so he won’t have the chance to hurt her.

“Are you alright?” Doojoon looked at him, worry painting his face.

“Doojoon-ah, you once told us about your past relationship right? That your ex-girlfriend left you because you didn’t had time for her.”

“Uhm, yes.”

“So you’re saying.. people like us can’t be in relationships?”

Doojoon knew that was coming. He pulled his eyebrows together.

"Having a long-lasting relationship for people like us, I wouldn’t say it’s impossible. It’s just not easy to be achieved. But does that mean that it can’t be done? My failed relationship doesn’t tell me that I cannot be in one, it just simply proves that she’s not the one for me.”

"But this," Junhyung raised the schedule list in his hand. "has already given me the answer. I hardly even get to sleep, what makes you think that I would have time for her?"

"Let’s just say this. If another girl were to come into my life now, I wouldn’t hesitate to try it all over again. Even if it means both of us is going to get hurt. Because I know that if I don’t try, I would live my life thinking what might have happened. What if she was the one? What is she’s the exception? If you don’t try, you will never find the answers to those questions."

The van pulled over at the radio’s recording studio.

"Whatever your decision is, we'll support you." Doojoon patted his back, before getting down the van.

Dongwoon tapped Junhyung’s shoulder and gave him a warm smile.

"Hyung, you should give it a shot. Because trying and failing, is better than not trying at all."

-

"So.." The host of the radio started his series of questions.

Junhyung placed his elbow on the table and rest his chin on his hand. 'Damn the schedules, damn the recordings..'  He hissed in his mind.

"Tell me about your ideal girl."

'Aish, this again.' Junhyung never believed in the idea of having an ideal girl. If he falls in love with someone, he wouldn't mind even if she had three eyes. So each time this question was thrown to him, he would randomly say anything that came into his mind. Pretty, tall, good dancer, nice attitude.

This time, however, an image of a girl appeared in his mind, as if telling him that she was the answer.

"Junhyung-sshi, what about you?"

He pursed his lips.

 

"I like girls.. who likes it when it snows"

 

'.. someone like Nicole.' He mentally continued.