Vicious cycle

If only you weren't famous..

"How is it?" Jungsu sat down since there were only a few customer in the cafe.

Nicole shook her head, glancing towards her phone which was resting on the table.

"Nope, I guess he's still busy."

"Don't worry, I'm sure he'll call when he's done with work." He smiled.

"Excuse me!" A husky voice called from far.

"Ahh got to work. Fighting!" He patted her head before walking towards the direction of the voice.

Nicole watched as Jungsu took the person's order and disappeared behind the counter. Sounds of brewing and churning was heard before the aroma gushed through her nose as she took a deep breath and sighed. Coffee seems good, but she preferred hot chocolate for god knows what reason.

This was what she does all day when Junhyung was too busy for her. Spending the day on the small little sofa seat near the window of the little cafe, watching as people pass the place and sometimes imagining how their life was.

'Rich business man that's probably still single because he's too choosy.' She judged by the man's porsche.

'Holiday in Hawaii perhaps.. I bet the son is gonna drool at some dancing girls at the beach.' She chuckled as a family strolled pass with luggages and straw hats .

She raised her eyebrows at a man who's talking secretively towards his phone.

'He has a mistress.' Jungsu sat in front of her and smile. Who knows how, or why but one day the waiter just decided he needed a new friend and approached Nicole. He knows the b2st boys, he knows Nicole's relationship with them, but he doesn't care and maybe that's the reason why both of them clicked so well together.

And sometimes the person who walked pass the cafe is the exact same person that makes Nicole's heart beat faster then usual.

"Hello pretty, can I have your number?" Junhyung flashed his cheeky smile as he pulled her off the sofa seat, pressing his lips against hers.

'This boy probably has the best girlfriend in the world.' She makes her final guess of the day, wrapping her hands around the rapper.

-

Reminiscing the good ol' times, she knew it was enough. Perhaps never quite satisfying but at least it makes her stop being disappointed each time he had a last minute schedule.

'I'm sorry, I'll call when I'm done.' she re-read the text that she had become accustomed to.

As much as she hated to admit how selfish she have grown to be, Nicole knew this was starting to bother her. She have no idea how many times this has happened, so many days they arranged to meet but Junhyung would always have last minute plans.

Even when they do meet, it was only for a short amount of time.

She knock her head repeatedly on the glass window. 'Be more understanding, be more understanding..' Nicole chanted in her head, hoping it would chase all the past selfish thoughts away before sipping on her cup of hot chocolate and returning her attention to the passer-bys outside.

-

Wrapping her knees close to her chest, she rocked herself back and fro along with the tempo of the second hand she was staring at on her watch in front of her on the table.

tic tok tic tok..

It was a vicious cycle.

Junhyung would be there, planting kisses and giving gentle touches here and there, chasing all her negative thoughts away. Then he would be so busy with his work that he stopped reassuring her, making all the worse feelings back to visit and haunt her all over again.

She feels helpless but more than that, she feels useless for being so insecured. 

And towards the end of the day, all the depressing thoughts invading her mind and soul would then decide they've tortured her enough and knock her back to her senses, though still lingering like sharp needles on her heart. Nicole looked out to see the sky turning a darker shade of grey as she placed her watch back on her wrist and phone back into her bag. She took one last sip of her drink, waved goodbye to her waiter friend and left.

Another disappointing and mundane day, survived.

-

She jumped and sat on her bed in shock, patting on her chest to calm herself down. Nicole looked towards the clock that was standing on the table.

"3am? What the hell?"

She stomped over to the window, ready to scream at those ridiculous kids that was perhaps throwing stones randomly at people's window. 

"YAH WHAT ARE YO..." She paused before squinting her eyes.

She walked back to the table and took her glasses before going back to the window.

And she saw it.

There, on the ground, was a gigantic heart that was done with who knows what but it was glistering against the dark surroundings. Crystals? Oh who cares, really. Because in the middle of it stood something that caught all of her attention away.

'I love you, Nicole.'

She was spun around right at that instant as a pair of lips caught hers harshly and desperately, as if it depended on it for a living.

Nicole knew who that pair of soft lips belonged to as she closed her eyes, wrapping her arms around the other's neck as his hands tightened it's grip around her waist.

Junhyung pulled away, catching his breath. "I miss you." He pecked on her forehead.

She immediately turned back and stared out the window, where the shimmering heart had disappeared. She frowned.

"Where is it?"

"It went back to where it came from," He pointed to the left side of his chest, where the real heart lies. "Here."

She was only too glad it was dark so he couldn't see the blush that was slowly forming on her cheeks.

Junhyung pulled her into a tight hug. "I'll always love you, no matter where I am or what I'm doing. You know that right?"

Nicole could only nod against his chest, wishing this moment would last forever.

 

But it didn't.

Because she woke up the next morning by herself, as usual.

"Pabo.." She muttered as she read the note beside her bed.

'Off to schedule, love you.'

"Aish!" Nicole ruffled her hair, messing it even further. "I told you to wake me up no matter how early it is.." She lay down on the other side of the bed where his scent still lingered and mumbled into his pillow.

Another disappointing and mundane day, yet to be survived.

 

"Yah what happened to you?" Jungsu raised his eyebrows as Nicole stormed into the cafe and took her usual seat.

"Nothing." She stuck her tongue out towards him and folded her arms across her chest.

"Aigoo, it's friday today. You should be happy."

She raised her head as he placed the cup of hot chocolate in front of her. 'Friday? Music Bank?'

"Maybe a surprise visit would be nice." She smirked as she sipped on her drink happily.

 


A/N: I wrote this mindlessly as I was spacing out on the bus to school, I didn't know I had that ability in me hahahaha. I hope you enjoyed Junhyung and his little romantic (or so I hope) surprise for her hehehe. Sorry for the long wait though, I swear my inspirations come at the most random moments of my life.. I should do more weird stuffs, not that I'm not weird enough already. Oh wells.

@kaytbear3 It's good to sound like Yoseob, since he brings alot of joy to people :) Ahh okay I'll go add you as friend once I'm done with this.

@lolitabunny Hehehe because you're a nice person (I'm guessing it but I know I'm right), your wish will definitely come true!

@yong_min_ji No you're not annoying! Hehe, yes you're right I want to keep him in my pocket forever bwahahahahaha but I'm sure you'll get a boyfriend as sweet as him :)

@iHEARTjunhyung Hmm, I already have the rest of the plot in my mind and if I'm not wrong there's only a few more chapters left. Ahh so sad :(

@lovetronica Thank youuuuuuuu! <3 Btw, you have an interesting username I kept reading it in my mind hehe.

@dnakaram THANK YOU! *squeals*

@abandonallhope Yah! I wasn't thinking of anything else when I wrote that part.. But it's up to your own imagination ^^ Aigoo I sound so.. hahahahhaa I'm innocent!

@shine_star Thank you! <3

@aremoyoona I made you smile? Hehe it's so nice to hear that! I'll never stop writing, thank you so much :)

@eyaaaxx THANK YOU! :)

@undesirableme She's a stalker, just like me.. Hahahahaha thank you, this is my first fic actually :)

@loveuh Yups they are :) Thanks for commenting and subscribing! <3

Have a nice week everyone! Oh and please remember to comment before you click away :)