Insecurities

If only you weren't famous..

Nicole looked down towards the floor, her shoulders shaking silently while she giggled happily to herself.

She started to wonder if one day her heart will explode from beating too quickly. Maybe if Junhyung continues his cheekiness, it will really break into pieces of happiness.

"Did you see that? Junhyung oppa just winked at me while he's rapping! Do you think he likes me?" The random fangirl were squealing beside her.

'Yah yah it's me, can't you see that? That wink was for me, I'm his girlfriend!'

She wished she could scream that out loud. 

Nicole furrowed her eyebrows and sigh, it's definitely not a pleasant feeling. It's like Junhyung's been cut into many pieces and she have to share them among everyone. Oh, how she hated it.. really. 

'Oppa oppa.. Even I don't call him oppa, why does it seems so easy for them to call him that?' She mumbled to herself, stomping hard on the floor with every step she took as she approached the backstage to the waiting room. 'Is it because I'm not girly or clingy enough?'

"Maybe." 

She snapped up in time to see Doojoon with a bottle of water.

"Maybe Junhyung will like it better if you pester him like an irritating girl." He wriggled his eyebrows before pushing the door open.

"Nicole-ah! Hahahaha yah what are you thinking?" Kikwang snapped his fingers repeatedly in front of her face.

"Huh? Oh Kikwang-ah I.." Junhyung grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her down beside him on the couch before she could finish her sentence.

"Annyeong~" He pinched her nose and smiled.

"Yah she was talking to me! Aish!" Kikwang stomped away.

Doojoon's words kept ringing in her head. 'Pester him? Really?'

"Junnie.." She traced her fingers down his arm. He immediately stiffen up.

"Do you love me?" She purposely raised her pitch and blinked at him, waiting for his answer.

"Y..Yes.." He gulped.

Nicole cleared and looked around, checking if everyone is too busy to notice them. When she's sure they're unnoticed, she started leaning closer to him but she was so shy she couldn't even look at him in the eyes.

"AISH I CAN'T DO THIS." She pulled back and leaned backwards into the couch instead, puffing her cheeks and pouting.

"Yah what happen to you?" Junhyung cupped both her cheeks with his hands, worry painting his face.

She realized this and quickly smiled. "Nothing.." 

"You sure?" 

She nodded her head.

"Come let's go." He pulled her out the waiting room.

-

"What do you want to eat?" Junhyung looked at Nicole while they walked towards the nearby shopping mall.

"Anything.."

"Korean food?" 

"Okay.."

"Japanese food?"

"Okay.."

"What about we pluck out all your hair and cooked it?"

She nodded her head in response.

"Or we'll catch Yoseob and eat him.."

"Mmm.."

"Eat him raw?"

"Mmm.."

"YAH."

Nicole looked up from the floor and stared at him. "Huh?"

"Are you listening to me?!"

"I am.."

"Then why did you agree when I said we're eating Yoseob?"

"Uh erm because.. because he looks delicious?" She came out with a lousy excuse.

He placed both his hands on her shoulders and turned her to face him. "Tell me what's on your mind."

"Nothing."

"There's something bothering you."

"No there isn't." She spoke softly towards the ground.

"You know what I like about you?" He sighed and tilt her chin up.

"I like the fact that I can see through you like a paper, all your emotions are shown on your face even if you try hiding them. And you at lying, so don't do it."

"I'm just tired.." She mumbled. "And hungry."

"I do like all my fangirls. A lot."

She looked at him and then down on the floor, disappointment clearly showing on her face as her lips curled downwards immediately without her knowing. "I know.. I know they're prettier, more girly, skinnier and I.."

"But I love you." Junhyung cut her off.

"I love you." He repeated, this time accompanied with a warm smile.

"Junhyung-ah.."

"You don't have to hide it, I know. Everytime you come to visit after my performance you're always unhappy.. it's not hard to guess."

Nicole sighed, clearly defeated.

"Aigoo.. I can't even make my girlfriend happy, I'm a bad boyfriend ain't I? What a failure.." He slapped his forehead and shake his head. "What do I do.."

"Yah yah it's not you, it's me it's me. I'm too sensitive.." She tried to pry open his hand but he immediately wrapped them around her waist and pulled her towards his chest.

"I thought what I did was enough to let you know how I really felt towards you.. but clearly it's not. Nicole-ah, please don't feel inferior. What I did to the fangirls, it's nothing.. don't be bothered about it." Junhyung pulled away and looked straight into her eyes. "It's you that I look for when I'm on the stage.. It has always been you, and it will always be you. Araso?" He patted her head.

A smile slowly creep up her face, his words seemed to have chased all her previous worries away.

"I know. I know it now, I won't be so foolish anymo.. AHCHOO!" She sneezed.

"Aish you silly girl.. wait here don't move."

 

 

"Here." He came back 15 minutes later with a cup of hot chocolate.

She took it and looked up towards the sky. "It's not snowing tonight.."

"Look into your drink."

Nicole did as she was told and looked down, before seeing pieces of white being dropped into the cup. She looked back up and saw Junhyung with a pack of mini marshmellow, smiling at her.

"It's not snowing.. but I hope this is enough to make you happy." He stuffed one piece into his mouth.

She pecked him in the cheeks. "Junhyung-ah, thank you!"

"Uhm.. Nicole-ah.."

"Hmm?"

"The name that you called me today in the waiting room.."

Nicole pursed her lips, before realizing what he was referring to and blushed.

"I'm sorry.. I did it because,"

"I like it." He finished.

 

 

"Junnie," Nicole half-whispered. "Thank you.."

He grinned widely and held her hands tight, pulling her forward as he tried to hide his little blush.

*slurppppppp*

"Aigoo.. why do you drink like that?"

"I know I know, I'm not girly enough. But you still like me the best don't you?" She smiled proudly before taking another loud sip.

"Yah why are you so confident now? Who's the one who was so insecured just now?"

"I don't know? Maybe she disappeared somewhere.."

"Tsk."

Nicole went forward and stopped in front of Junhyung.

"It's me that you look for when you're on the stage.. It has always been me, and it will always be me. Right?" She repeated what he said half an hour ago.

He opened his mouth but she cut him off. "You don't have to say, I know it already." She smiled.

Junhyung smirked, a plan already forming in his head.

"Is it nice to drink?" He motioned the cup on her hand with his eyebrows and stuffed his hands into his pockets.

She nodded. "It's sweet."

"Can I have some?"

Nicole handed him the drink but instead of taking it, Junhyung kept his hands where they were before and leaned down, pressing his lips on hers.

He felt her stiffen up and smirked against her lips before pulling away, his face staying only inches away from hers.

"You're right. It is sweet." Junhyung straighten up and strolled away, clearly satisfied.

 


A/N: Thank you all for the birthday wishes! It was really heartwarming hehehe. And because of that I'm now even more motivated towards the story so I promise I'll write more diligently!

@winterflowr Thank you! Yoseob is cute! :)

@kaytbear3 Thank you!! Both for the birthday wish and liking it hehehe so you must've laughed 4 times! 

@dashLah Hahahah that was exactly what I wanted all of you to do while reading :)

@rawkabette Thank you! He's cute isn't he :)

@b2utyful08 Thank you thank you thank you! Hope you like this chapter too :)

@supalove Thank you! It made your day? Really? Hehehe ;)

@abandonallhope Thank you! They finally kissed.. hehehehheheh.

@crystalizelove Thank you! I wanted all of you to laugh so yes, mission accomplished!

@dnakaram Thank you~ ^^

@kollfen Nope you're on! Hehehe :)

@nureen Thank you!! Is this lovey-dovey enough? The front part was abit uh but I hope the last part made up for it!

@yong_min_ji Hahahahahah I was imagining his face when I was writing too! :x

@undesirableme Thank you!!! Aww don't cry! Hehehe ^^

@eyaaaxx Thank you!!!! After this chapter you won't have to feel sad for him already hehe.

@kaemeeoni THANK YOU! HEHE :)

@matterythebattery Best chapter or best story? Either one, I'm still happy.. THANK YOU! It means alot :)

@BubblyHyukHyun Sorry about the anti- hehehe I'm working hard on the new chapters!! Thank you for liking it! I was imagining it too while writing that chapter ;)