Déjà vu

If only you weren't famous..

“Do you regret it?”

“Regret what?”

“Regret knowing me.”

Nicole smiled, the faint bruise still seen on her face. “No I don’t. Do you, then?”

Junhyung shrugged in response and looked out the window because he doesn’t know why, all he knows is that he had been really unhappy and there were so many things happening, he can’t pinpoint exactly which one it was.

Nicole doesn’t know why either. She doesn’t know why Junhyung had been so cold towards her recently and why hasn’t he been giving her those hugs and kisses he used to give. Those assuring actions that always makes her feel secured and safe is no longer there anymore and because of that, the air around them gets a little heavier, a little more awkward and for once, Nicole wishes that there were more than just the two of them there.

-

“What happened?” She imploringly asked as Yoseob walked into the ward the next day.

“What what happened?” The other seemed alarmed at the sudden seriousness of her tone.

“Junhyung.”

Yoseob pondered for a while before clearing his throat. “There’s this forum that Doojoon found,” He hesitates before continuing.

“Some people, which we suspect is the same group of girls who injured you, created a new forum on our fan page that talks about you.”

“What about me?”

“Apparently, they took photos of you and Junhyung holding hands that day.”

“I want to see it.”

“Nicole-ah..”

“I want to see it.” She repeated again.

He sighed, taking out his phone from his coat pocket and pressing a few times on it.

And there in front of her was a full long page, seemingly endless, of malicious words directed to her. People who doesn’t know a single fact about her is spitting uncouth words as if they were all true. And if you would attempt to classify them, half would be scolding her because she is trying to seduce, as quoted by one of the many posts, and the other half would be scolding her for stealing Junhyung away because they believed she is his girlfriend, which is true, but that aside.

Because this was part of what she had expected, it didn’t really come out as a surprise. What really did was how Junhyung reacted to it.

“So this is the reason why he’s been acting like that?”

“I guess,” Yoseob hurriedly grabs his phone back before she could read on any further. “He has been like this ever since Doojoon showed it to him.”

“And how stupid is that.” Nicole let out a chuckle before lying back onto the bed, staring up at the ceiling.

“Yah, you okay?”

“Why wouldn’t I be?”

“They are all scolding you things that-”

“Are not true,” She continued for him. “So why should I bother getting affected?”

Yoseob nodded and reaches to pat her head gently before stepping out the ward. Nicole is badly, badly affected by it but he knows better than to ask because all she really needed is some time alone and nothing else.

-

“I know about the forum.” She gulped, watching and waiting for a response as Junhyung came in and sat down, checking on her bruises which had almost become invisible by now.

“They are almost healed.” He sat back down on the chair after he’s done.

“Junhyung-ah, you heard what I said right.”

“Mm.” He doesn’t look up from his phone.

“Let’s go for a walk.” Because if Nicole were to stay in this stuffy atmosphere any longer, she would suffocate and die.

-

“Isn’t the weather nice today?” She smiled up to him and attempted to interlink their hands together, only for him to slap it off, before increasing his walking speed.

“Why are you like this? I saw the forum and I’m not bothered by it, so why are you acting this way?” She burst out, grabbing his hand and turning him around.

“Who told you that’s the reason?”

“I asked Yoseob and-”

“Who told you to ask around stuffs about me?” He shouted angrily.

“You can’t expect me to do nothing when you’re all quiet and cold like this.”

“The least you can do is shut up and stop being so curious about everything.”

Nicole looks down, defeated and filled with disappointment as her voice went down to a half-whisper. “Do you know how much I’ve suffered? I tried so hard to be understanding and yet-”

“Shut up,” Junhyung cupped her chin harshly and forced her to look at him. “Do you know that because of what happened, I lost the chance to film a new commercial and now I have a stain in my reputation and my career?”

“You don’t, so before you think about how understanding you’ve been, know that I’ve made bigger sacrifices for you.” He jerked his hands off, chest heaving up and down as he took deep, angry breaths. "And I'm sick and tired of everything."

Nicole felt the familiar déjà vu as she tried absorbing everything that came out from his mouth. She knew what was coming next, she remembered the dream too well and it feels too real for her to forget.

“You’re,” She looked up, trying to keep the tears that were threatening to emerge from her eyes. “Sick and tired of me?”

“Yeah, sick and tired of you. I thought it would be fine, but you're making me lose all my fans, that's not fine anymore."

"Junhyung-ah, don't." She wrapped her arms around his waist, her breath hitching. "Don’t choose your fans over me."

"I've already decided."

"NO!" Nicole tightened her hands, hoping her grip would be enough to stop him from leaving. "You told me that you won’t leave me, you promised!"

"Promises are meant to be broken." Junhyung freed himself from her. "Look, I don’t love you anymore. So just go away, I don’t want to see you.” He turned and walked away.

Nicole doesn’t try to hold him back anymore. She felt her knees weaken as she fell down on the grass, taking heavy breaths and letting the weariness take over all of her.

-

Nicole heard soft murmurs of her name before she opened her eyes, meeting Yoseob’s worried gaze.

“Yah, you’re still weak. Don’t go running around like that or you’ll faint again.”

She gently pushed him off and slowly sat up, rubbing her eyes.

“Yoseob-ah,” She turned around to face him.

“Hmm?”

“He lied. He told me that the dream wasn't true."

Silence.

“Ahh, so this is how it feels.” She smiled, feeling as her heart broke for the final time before crumbling into pieces.

 


A/N: I am a sadist. Period.

Oh and a favor to ask of all of you, PLEASE COMMENT and tell me if you would want a sequel for this story. It's kinda important because it will definitely change how the story is going to go from here which means I can't continue writing for now so until then, I'll be concentrating on writing the one-shot which I've been procrastinating about since like forever. Dangz.

Sorry if this chapter took too long or if it's bad! I'm writing it with half-lidded eyes and school is draining my soul out of me.

COMMENTS ARE STILL LOVED <3

@KeyRa99 THANK YOU! :)

@imthejoker Now you know what it is :)

@aremoyoona Ahh I see, thank you! I'm really motivated now :)

@illusionbaby YAH! Was that last sentence sarcasm? Hahahahaha ouch. Btw I wrote the nightmare in preparation for this chapter, so technically it's true to an extent, because I wanted her to feel really hurt by him. Dangz what a sadist, I'm really sorry.. :(

@dnakaram Oh god I'm so sorry for this chapter :(

@TokkiCherie Hehehe thank you! But sorry if I made you sad with this chapter :(

@amburritosRtacos Heheheh I'm starting to like cliffhangers, oh no.

@parkminyoong Sorry for the late update!

@iHEARTjunhyung Heheheh sorry for that, and I like your username~ ^^

@yong_min_ji Smart girl! You managed to sense that trouble is coming, sorry if I made you sad though :(

@kaytbear3 Nah it's okay :) Oops you got it, dangz. All of you are so smart.

@undesirableme No no it's me, I've been making lesser updates nowadays, aish what a bad writer. I'm looking forward to your works :)

@ECfanfiction NOT FUN AT ALL. You guess it right, damn.

@shine_star Sorry if I made you sad :(

@FanficLover96 Aish all of you keep guessing the plot right, it seems like I can't put you all in suspense :(

@eunmiternity Hehe oh god that seems so long ago, one of the first few chapters right? Thank you! You're my 100th subscriber by the way, heheheheheheh so happy ^^

Have a great weekend ahead!