The harsh truth

If only you weren't famous..

'She's leaving tonight..' the text message read.

He sat down on the bench near the park and sighed. Shifting nervously, his hands intertwined with each other repeatedly as he fidgeted with them.

His heart was pounding inside his chest so hard that if it's possible, it would've flew out right away.

But to be honest, he would rather be here than to continue living without knowing the truth that he was previously so oblivious to.

The truth that he knew just yesterday.

-

Yoseob stormed into the backstage room, everyone was changing out of their concert costumes. He pulled Junhyung by the collar and slammed him against the wall.

Junhyung raised his eyebrows, obviously pissed at his sudden outburst. 

"I think your brains are in your instead of your head." Yoseob continued.

The rapper hissed. "I beg your pardon?"  

"I said you're a ." With that the vocalist took out a pink book and it into the other's hand. "Read this, and realize how stupid and lucky you are."

-

Nervousness and guilt was threatening to swallow him alive as Junhyung tapped his feet onto the snow, making deep impressions of his shoe.

He reached into his pocket and took out the book.

Nicole's diary.

Junhyung had spent the whole night re-reading everything that was in it before finally realizing that he truly was a . So dumb he didn't notice that she liked him just as much as he does. So dumb he actually became a jerk towards her.

He looked at a particular page where the sides were slightly crumpled and dotted with darker shades, like tear stains that remained long after they dry.

He took a deep breath and sighed. So dumb, he hurt her and didn't know it was affecting her so badly.
 

-

"Sorry"

That was the word in the letter.

Nicole felt those needles coming to visit again, piercing themselves through her shattered heart and making sure there was no way it's going to piece themselves together ever again.

She smiled bitterly as she realized there was no tears coming out from her eyes because she has long gotten used to this broken feeling.

'The first snow.' The back of the letter reads.

-

Nicole tried to keep the smile, though full of sadness, on her face while she slowly made her way to the park.

The park where she saw her first snow, where she met what she initially thought was The One for her.

The place that used to be beautiful.

It has now changed completely, just like Nicole. She never liked the snow anymore, she stopped drinking hot chocolate, she doesn't write in her diary.

Nicole squinted her eyes and scanned the surrounding. Nope, no Yoseob. In fact, it was already late so there wasn't a single soul at all. It was quiet and calm, just like her heart; peaceful yet lonely.

The last envelope rested itself on the bench.

'Look behind..' It reads.

Nicole turned around and was greeted with a bouquet of roses. She kept her eyes on the flowers and didn't dare to look up because she knew exactly who it was that's holding on to them.. This hand, she knew it too well.

Junhyung reached for her chin and tilted it up, forcing her to look at him.

Seeing his face definitely made the smile go away instantly, but she didn't think that it would be replaced with the tears that were threatening to break away from her eye sockets. That was when she realized she hasn't really gotten used to this stinging feeling in her chest.

Because the pain gets projected when he's here.

Junhyung slowly brushed his thumb across her cheeks, wiping the tears that was now flowing down her face.

Nicole snapped out of her thoughts and backed away from him. Because it was too sudden, the bouquet was accidentally slapped off to the ground by her hand.

She looked up, wanting to explain but changed her mind. 

For one, he's probably here because Yoseob told him that he needs to apologize for the things that he did.

Second, she could've left yesterday but her easily influenced self made her changed her mind. What did she get in the end? Nothing but more pain. 

Third, she's.. well, pretty freaking tired of everything.

And last, Junhyung doesn't love her. No further elaborations needed.

Seeing him made Nicole even more determined to leave. No matter how many times the walls around her heart crumbles down, she will continue building them and protect herself.

She turned away and was ready to leave but he caught her wrist and spun her around to face him again. 

"Where are you going?"

Silence.

"Nicole, I'm sor.."

"If you feel sorry, then I got it. You're forgiven." She cut him off and tried to break loose but instead of letting her go like she wanted him to, Junhyung pulled her close and wrapped his arms around her.

"Let me go." 

"Why?"

"Because I hate you."

He pulled away and stared right into her eyes.

"Am I too late?" He half-whispered.

"Yes" Came the harsh truth from .

"Don't," His breath hitched. "Don't leave me."

With that last confession, Junhyung's tears finally slipped off his eyes.

 


A/N: Sorry for the long wait, I was having my exams so I couldn't update. But I'm glad none of you decide to unsubscribe, hehehe thank you! As usual, I love all your comments! Do keep them coming ^^

@shinigami-_- That's for you to guess.. hehe. Thank you!

@b2utyful08 Aigoo, don't please me.. :(

@iumika I'm caught up between them as well :(

@aristargirl I know how it feels.. but I have faith there will be someone like him for a person as sweet as you :)

@aremoyoona Hehe, maybe..

@honeybliss You really like Junhyung don't you..

@yong_min_ji I was afraid that idea would be too cliche, glad you like it! :)

@kaemeeoni Then well here you go! Hope you're not disappointed :)

@winterflowr There you go! Sorry for taking so long ^.^