-2-

Too Late

 

“Dara-ssi. Can you move a little closer to Jiyong-ssi?” The director talked through his megaphone. They are now filming for their music video. Dara moved nervously to Jiyong as the latter squinted his eyes on her. She looked at her right and saw her best friend talking with TOP.

 

 

“Action!” The director shouted then the music filled the whole place. She started lip syncing when it was her part and danced gracefully as she smiled at the camera. Her knees are shaking because of nervousness but she ignored it. She never really liked cameras but she endured them all just because she wanted to fit in in his world.

 

 

“And cut! Good job everyone!” The director shouted again as he stood up from his chair and bowed to everyone. And that is the end of their filming. Who would’ve thought that this will be easy?

 

 

Dara went straight to her things after thanking all the staff and bowing to them. She looked at her phone and gasps when she saw a missed call from her mother. She immediately dialed her mother’s number and waited for her to pick up. After three rings, she heard her mom’s voice at the other line.

 

 

“Omma, I’m sorry I missed your call. We were filming. Is there any problem?” She asked her mom.

 

 

“It’s nothing, dear. Could you squeeze us in your schedule and come to our house around five? We just have something to tell you.” He mother said on the other line.

 

 

“I’ll be there, omma.” Dara said

 

 

“Take care, Dara. I love you.”

 

 

“Neh. I love you, too.” Dara said as she smiled and ended the call.

 

 

“Dara unnie! Let’s go shopping!” Minzy said as she jumped up and down. CL and Bom are now walking towards them.

 

 

“I can’t, maknae-ah. I have to go to my parents.” Dara smiled apologetically at Minzy. The later just smiled at her then jumped towards Bom and CL. Dara arranged her things and bid goodbye to the girls. She glanced at her watch and it says 4 o’clock. She decided that she will just take her shower at her parent’s house.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

“Good afternoon, Ms. Park.” One of their maids greeted her as soon as she stepped inside their house. She smiled at the maid and walked inside. She went to the kitchen and found her mother cooking. She tip toed silently and walked towards her mother. She then wrapped her arms around her mother’s waist.

 

 

“That smells so good.” Dara said as she sniffle the smell.

 

 

“Go take a shower. This will be done once you are done taking a shower.” Her mom said as she briefly looked at her and continued cooking. Dara nooded and smiled as she gently let go of her mother’s waist and walked through the doors of their kitchen. She then started climbing the stairs towards her room.

 

 

“Unnie!” Durami went out of her room when she saw her unnie walking along the corridors. Her unnie’s room was at the far corner of this side of the house so she will have to pass through all the rooms first before approaching her room.

 

 

“Yah! You look thinner since the last time I saw you! Are you on diet?!” Dara said as she looked at her younger sister from head to toe. Durami shook her head as a smiled formed on her face. Dara never failed to take care of her even when she is already living away from them.

 

 

“Aniyo, unnie! It’s just that, you haven’t seen me for a very long time that’s why you think that I lost weight.” Durami said as she laughed.

 

 

“Arasso. I’ll just be in my room, Durami. If you need anything, don’t hesitate on coming.” Dara said as she kissed the top of Durami’s head and went to her room. Durami’s smile widens. Her Dara unnie hasn’t changed at all.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Dara was surprised to see who their visitor is. She took her time walking down the stairs as she wondered why the Kwons are here. Do they want to cancel the wedding? She panickly thought. She sprinted down and in a flash of light, she is already at their dining room. She bowed and greeted them first before walking towards her father and kissing his cheeks.

 

 

“Sit down, dear.” Mrs. Kwon offered the seat on her left. Dara sat down and looked at her mother questioningly. “Jiyong will be here shortly.” Mrs. Kwon announced as Dara eyes lit up. Jiyong will be here?

 

 

“Mr. Kwon Jiyong has arrived.” One of the maids announced and when she looked at the entrance of their dining room her breathing stopped. Jiyong walk gorgeously towards them and smiled at her parents before bending down and kissed his mother’s cheek. Mrs. Kwon offered the seat on her right.

 

 

“Since Jiyong is here now, we won’t beat around the bush.” Mr. Park said as he stood up and got something from one of the drawers on their kitchen. Jiyong looked at the keys that are dangling from Mr. Park’s hand with a ribbon on top of it.

 

 

“What are the keys for, appa?” Dara asked her dad as soon as Mr. Park has seated again next to Mrs. Park.

 

 

“That keys are for your house, dear.” Mrs. Kwon said as she held Dara’s hand that is resting on top of the table. Dara’s eyes grew wide. They are giving me a house?!

 

 

“It’s your’s and Jiyong’s.” Mrs. Park said as she laughed lightly at the sight of her daughter.

 

 

“What?!” Jiyong said as he abruptly stood up from his chair. Mr. Kwon glared at Jiyong and the latter slowly sat again at his chair.

 

 

“Well, we thought that the two of you should be familiarized with each other because you are getting married. And both your age are not a problem because you are both already an adult.” Mr. Kwon said with a smile on his face.

 

 

“But isn’t it too early for that, dad?” Jiyong turned to look at his father.

 

 

“No. Think of it as our advanced gift.” Mr. Park said.

 

 

“We’ve already informed your president about this. You are moving in that house tomorrow. That house is ready for you guys to live in.” Ms. Park said as she looked at Jiyong then Dara.

 

 

“But om—“

 

 

“No buts, Dara.” Mr. Park said sternly which Dara just nodded.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

“Why do you need to move out, unnie?” CL whined as she helped Dara packed her things when she got home to their dorm.

 

 

“We just started living in one roof and here you are leaving us.” Minzy said as she zipped her luggage.

 

 

“And I can’t believe that YG sajangnim approved of this! What would Jiyong’s fan do to you once they found out that you and Jiyong are living on the same roof?” Bom said as she leaned on Dara’s door frame and watched the three girls packed Dara’s thing.

 

 

“It’s my parents and his parents wish, Bom. I don’t want this either because I want to spend more time with you guys but this is final.” Dara said as she slumped on her floor and looked at the ground. What would happen now? Jiyong and she would be in one roof. And she knows that this arrangement will just inflict more pain in her. But she can’t defy her parents.

 

 

“Aisht! You should’ve backed out from that engagement!” Bom said as she sat down beside Dara.

 

 

“Yeah. Bom unnie’s right, Dara unnie.” Minzy agreed as she nods her head repeatedly.

 

 

“You will just get hurt, unnie! And I don’t want to see you hurt.” CL said as she hugged Dara. Then the two girls decided to join the hug.

 

 

“You don’t need to worry about me, girls.” Dara said.

 

 

“But still.. We will miss you, unnie.” Minzy said as she tightens her hug.

 

 

“If that jerk ever made you cry, run back here immediately and I will hunt him down and chop him into tiny little pieces.” Bom said as she pulled back from their hug and pointed a finger at Dara.

 

 

“Hmmm.” Dara hummed and nods her head. She can’t help but feel happy knowing that she has a friend like them.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

“I don’t understand why we need to live on the same roof.” Jiyong said as he sat at the couch of their new house. He just finished putting his things in his room. Good thing that this house has three rooms. He then looked at the door and saw Dara struggling on her luggage. He muttered a curse then stood up from the couch and grabbed Dara’s luggage from her and put it in her room. After doing that, he grabbed his jacket and walked out of the door.

 

 

Dara slumped back in her new bed and stared at the ceiling, wondering where Jiyong went. Dara sighed as she thought that Jiyong might have gone to his girlfriend. She knew who his girlfriend was but that didn’t stop her from agreeing to the arranged marriage. Call her selfish, but she doesn’t care. All she knows is that Jiyong is hers and hers alone.

 

 

Her phone vibrated and she picked it up to see that one of her friends is calling her. A smile is immediately drawn on her face knowing who the caller was.

 

 

“Jaejoong-ah!” Dara exclaimed as soon as she picked up the phone.

 

 

“How are you? I’ve been away for just three months and when I came back, you being engaged is all over the news. What did I missed?” Jaejoong asked Dara.

 

 

“I’ll tell you the details when we meet. And since you are here now, you should treat me a ramen!” Dara demanded as she regained her strength hearing that her friend is back.

 

 

“Arasso. I’ll treat you a ramen. So where will I pick you up?”

 

 

“I’ll just meet you there!” Dara said excitedly as she jumped off the bed and fumbled through her luggage for a change of clothes.

 

 

“Okay. See you.” Jaejoong said as he ended the call. Dara can’t help but to feel genuinely happy. At last, her savior has arrived!