-12-

Too Late

 

“You know what? You should be doing this together with your husband-to-be.” Jaejoong said as he picked out an invitation card and showed it to Dara.

 

 

“I called him a while ago. He said that he has some important matters to attend to.” Dara said as she shook her head at Jaejoong, not liking the design of the invitation. She then walked around the store and looked for the perfect wedding invitation.

 

 

“And I also have important matters to attend to, and yet here I am picking out invitations with you.” Jaejoong said as he rolled his eyes and just followed Dara.

 

 

“It’’s because you love me, Jae. That’s why you’re here with me.” Dara sweetly said as she turned around and smiled at Jaejoong.

 

 

“Whatever.” Jaejoong muttered under his breath. The two of them went to one of the stalls and Dara’s eye widens. She picked out an invitation and held it in front of Jaejoong’s face. Jaejoong examined the invitation and when he thought that it is perfect, he raised his two thumbs and smiled at Dara. They immediately went to the cashier and said that they will be ordering for 300 pieces and said that they need it after a week. After dealing with the clerk, Dara paid for the invitations as both of them went out of the store.

 

 

“You should treat me to something. I’m dead tired because of you.” Jeajoong whined as he lightly taps Dara’s shoulders.

 

 

“Arasso. I’m also starving, but I wanted to try this new ice cream shop.” Dara held Jaejoong’s wrist and dragged him to the newly opened ice cream shop just around the corner. Dara was about to push open the door but she stopped. Jaejoong wondered what happened why Dara stopped so he looked ahead and his eyes turned into tiny slits.

 

 

“I thought you said that you were busy?” Jaejoong hissed under his breath when he saw Jiyong and Yoona in front of them.

 

 

“I am.” Jiyong replied nonchalantly.

 

 

“Busy by going out on a date with another girl aside from your fiancé?” Jaejoong asked again.

 

 

“Yoona is not just another girl. She is my girlfriend first before Dara became my fiancé.” Jiyong said as he gritted his teeth seeing that Dara is holding Jaejoong’s wrist.

 

 

“But Dara will be your wife in just a month! And here you are having a date with another girl.” Jaejoong voice rose slightly. Yoona smirked at Dara as an evil smile is plastered on her face.

 

 

“That goes the same for Dara, right? She is out with you when she will be married to me in a month.” Jiyong said his gaze pierced Dara. Dara just bowed her head and slightly tugged Jaejoong’s wrist. Signalizing that they should just ignore the two and go inside the ice cream store. But Jaejoong didn’t bulged.

 

 

“I accompanied her in looking for your invitations that you are supposed to do with her!” Jeajoong shouted and gained the attentions of the bystanders. Murmurs started to fill the street as they recognize who are arguing in front of an ice cream store. Some were even taking pictures of them and that made Jiyong’s blood boil more.

 

 

“I never wanted to be married to her in the first place.” Jiyong said coldly as he grabs Yoona and dragged her towards his car. Yoona then flashed a victorious smile before letting herself be dragged by Jiyong. Dara stood immobile on her spot as what Jiyong said lingers on her head. She feels a great pain inside her chest as she held Jaejoong’s wrist tightly.

 

 

“Let’s get you home now.” Jaejoong said as he assisted Dara to walk away from the ice cream store. Once inside the car, Dara just stared blankly ahead.

 

 

“Please don’t drop me off in our house.” Dara pleaded without looking at Jaejoong. Jaejoong nodded his head and started the car’s engine and drove to his house.

 

 

____________________________________________

 

 

“You should just back out from the wedding, Dara. You still have time.” Jaejoong talked to Dara when she is seated on his couch. The latter just looked at him and smiled.

 

 

“You know I can’t do that, Jae.”

 

 

“But he doesn’t want to get married to you! He will just hurt you Dara!” Jaejoong shouted. Hoping that the stubborn girl beside him would understand what he meant.

 

 

“I don’t care.” Dara said.

 

 

“What?!” Jaejoong looked at her disbelievingly.

 

 

“I don’t care if he will just hurt me. I love him.”

 

 

“You’re unbelievable!” Jaejoong rolled his eyes.

 

 

“I’m not unbelievable. I’m Sandara Park.” Dara laughed at her own joke. Jaejoong just looked at her as if she is completely out of her mind.

 

 

“Whatever.” Jaejoong said. He then turned around and faced the other direction. He doesn’t know what is really going inside his friend’s mind. All he knows is that she is crazy and needs immediate help. He is busy into thinking when suddenly, a pair of arms enveloped his waist. He turned around and saw Dara hugging him from behind with a smile on her face. He sighed as he can’t help but to smile.

 

 

“I’m sorry if I’m so stubborn. It’s just that I love him too much to give up.” Dara said. “And thank you, Jae. For being there for me when I needed you.” Dara continued.

 

 

“Okay.” Jaejoong sighed defeatedly. “I’m just here when the time comes that you realized that he doesn’t deserve you.” Jaejoong said softly.

 

 

“That will never happen for he is the one and only man who deserves me.” Dara said proudly. Jaejoong just smiled at her.

 

 

___________________________________________

 

 

“Where did you go?” Jiyong asked as soon as Dara stepped inside their house.

 

 

“I just chilled at Jaejoong’s house.” Dara said as she smiled at Jiyong’s direction. Jiyong’s eye widens when he heard what Dara said.

 

 

“YOU WHAT?! You went to his house?!” Jiyong asked her as he stood up from his seat and stood in front of her.

 

 

“Yeah.” Dara said.

 

 

“Are you out of your mind?! Jaejoong is a guy! And you went to his house?!”

 

 

“We haven’t done anything wrong.”

 

 

“I don’t care! You’re going to be married to me in a month and yet you go around some guy’s house?!”

 

 

“Jaejoong in not some guy. He is my friend first before I got engaged to you.” Dara mimicked what Jiyong said earlier at the ice cream store. “I thought you don’t want to be married to me?” Dara said wickedly.

 

 

“Y-Yeah. But we can’t seem to do anything about it.” Jiyong stuttered a little.

 

 

“Jiyong, do you want to push through with this marriage?” Dara suddenly asked out of the blue.

 

 

“Why did you ask?”

 

 

“Because if you will say that you don’t want to continue this, I will go straight to our parents and ask them to stop this nonsense.” Dara said as she meant every single word she said. When she was on her way to their house, she thought that being tied to Jiyong won’t make him happy. So she made up her mind to ask Jiyong if he still wanted to continue with the marriage.

 

 

“Are you sure about that?” Jiyong looked intently at Dara and tried to find if she is just joking and saw nothing in her eyes but sincerity.

 

 

“Yes.”

 

 

“I-uhhm. I……. My mom w-would kill me for sure if w-we will say that w-we don’t want to continue with t-this anymore.” Jiyong shifted his gaze at the ground and wondered why he said that when he was close to saying that he doesn’t want to continue with the marriage anymore.

 

 

“Are you sure?” Dara asked him.

 

 

“Yes.” Jiyong then looked up and saw Dara smiling. And much to his surprise, Dara tiptoed and kissed him on the lips. He was about to deepen their kiss when Dara pulled away and started going to her room.

 

 

_________________________________________

 

 

Days pass by quickly and the Kwons and Parks are busy arranging the final details for the wedding. Yang Hyun Suk gave Bigbang and 2NE1 a month leave to also prepare for the wedding. The citizens of South Korea are very much excited for the wedding of the century. Dara and Jiyong agreed to let the whole South Korea to witness their wedding.

 

 

It was just three days away from Sandara Park and Kwon Jiyong’s wedding. But one person will do anything she can just so the marriage will not happen. Yoona paced back and forth inside her room thinking what can she do to stop the wedding. Jiyong kept his promise and never left her side but she will not settle just by being his mistress. She must do something.

 

 

She stopped pacing around her room when an idea crossed her mind. She smiled evilly and went to where her phone is and started dialing Sandara Park’s number. After three rings, she picked up the phone.

 

 

“Yeobosseo, may I know who is calling please?” Dara said sweetly over the phone that Yoona wanted to puke hearing her voice.

 

 

“I’m the girlfriend of the man you are supposed to marry in three day, Dara-ssi.” Yoona said as y as she could.

 

 

“What made you call, Yoona-ssi?” Dara said and she can hear on the other line that Dara is gritting her teeth.

 

 

“I just wanted to talk to you and settle what is between us.” Yoona said.

 

 

“Okay.”  Dara immediately agreed. Wanting to get rid of Yoona off Jiyong’s life. She wanted to have a peaceful married life with Jiyong without any getting in the way. Before they both hang up, Yoona gave her the details where they will meet.

 

 

 

___________________________________________

 

 

“It’s good that you came, Dara-ssi.” Yoona said as soon as Dara sat at the opposite chair in front of her. They were inside Club NB and were seated at the far corner. Yoona smirked at Dara and offered her some drinks.

 

 

“Cut the bulls, Yoona-ssi. I’m not here to have a drink with you and be friendly.” Dara said as she glared at the in front of her.

 

 

“I never thought you talk like that, Dara-ssi. I wonder what your fans will think once they hear this side of you.” Yoona said as she evilly smiled at Dara. Dara just ignored Yoona’s comment and just stared at her with blazing eyes.

 

 

“I have a bet for you.” Yoona started. Dara’s eyebrow rose.

 

 

“What is it?” Dara asked.

 

 

“Let’s both get drunk tonight and lets call Jiyong later, then let him decide who he will take home. If he picked me, you have to back out from the wedding without telling anyone about our bet and leave Jiyong to me. But if he picked you, which I doubted, I will cut my ties with Jiyong and let you have your little peace with Jiyong. But we can’t breathe a word to Jiyong that we are having this bet when he arrives later.” Yoona smirked. Dara thought for a second then she agrees.

 

 

Yoona raised her hand and a waiter immediately came into view. “Why don’t you give us your strongest here?” Yoona said sweetly at the waiter. After a while, the waiter came back with two glasses on his tray. He settled down the two glasses on the table and walked away from them.

 

 

They drank the contents of the glass at the same time and called again the waiter for another glass. Soon, their table was filled with empty glasses. The waiter looked worryingly at them and noticed that they both looked familiar. He squinted his eyes to see more of the two drunken girls on the far corner and gasps when he noticed that Sandara Park is one of them. He then shifted his eye and saw Im Yoona.

 

 

Yoona fiddled through her purse and found her phone. She started dialing Jiyong’s number and after two rings, he picked up.

 

 

“Oppa, can you please pick me up? I’m at Club NB.” Yoona said.

 

 

“Are you drunk?” Jiyong asked.

 

 

“Yes. And my stomach hurts. Please come quickly, oppa.” Yoona said then ended the call. She looked over at the opposite side and saw Dara looking intently at her. Yoona smirked. The fact is, Yoona is far from being drunk. Her tolerance in alcohol is high and she is just acting drunk. While on the other side, Dara really looked drunk.

 

 

“Come on.” Yoona looked up and see Jiyong standing beside her. She smiled sweetly at him. Jiyong then shifted his gaze at the one occupying the table and his eyes widen when he saw who it was.

 

 

“What are you doing here?!” Jiyong asked angrily as he went beside Dara. Dara then looked up at him and smiled.

 

 

“You’re here.” Dara said. Jiyong roamed his eyes on the table and saw the empty glasses. His fist clenched and his jaw tightened.

 

 

“You drank all this?” Jiyong asked Dara as he motions his hands to the empty glasses on the table.

 

 

“Oh? That? Yeah, I drank all that.” Dara said while she giggled in her seat. But Jiyong is not amused at her.

 

 

“We have a wedding rehearsal tomorrow! And you chose to get drunk?!” Jiyong is clearly holding on his patience really tight.

 

 

“I totally forgot, sorry.” Dara said as she smiled again at Jiyong.

 

 

“I’ll bring you home, Yoona.” Jiyong then turned around and held Yoona’s hand. Dara sobered up when she heard that Jiyong will bring Yoona home. She immediately recalled her bet with Yoona. She stood up from her seat but she almost fell on the floor if not for her hands holding the edge of the table. Jiyong looked back at her and rolled his eyes.

 

 

“No, Jiyong. You can’t bring her home!” Dara panicked as she made herself steady and held Jiyong’s wrist.

 

 

“Why?” Jiyong asked as his gaze is piercing through Dara.

 

 

“Because I love you.” Dara said. Jiyong’s eye widens because this is the first time he heard Dara said that words. But he shrugged his shoulders off thinking that Dara is drunk.

 

 

“I have to bring her home. I’ll ask someone from here to get you a cab.” Jiyong said then turned his back to Dara and held Yoona’s hand.

 

 

“No, Jiyong! Please! Don’t bring her home! Stay with me here. Please! I love you.” Dara pleaded as she grabbed Jiyong’s shirt.

 

 

“You’re acting childish, Dara!” Jiyong said through gritted teeth. Then he forcefully tugged Dara’s hand away from his shirt. He then held Yoona’s elbow and assisted her outside the club.

 

 

“You can’t leave me here, Jiyong. Please, I’m begging you. You can’t leave me! PLEASE! I love you! Please don’t leave me!” Dara followed them and grabbed Jiyong’s shirt again. Jiyong, irritated that they are now getting attention because of Dara, turned his head around and glared at Dara. He then walked closer to her and held her chin roughly. Dara flinched in pain but she doesn’t care.  She will do everything just to make Jiyong to stay with her.

 

 

“Stop this bull, Dara! Look at yourself! You look like a mess! Get yourself together! And stop following me and Yoona and making a scene!” Jiyong said as he lets go of Dara’s chin roughly. Dara looked up at him pleaded again. “Don’t leave me, Jiyong. Please.” Dara said as tears are now threatening to fall from her eyes. Desperation laced her voice.

 

 

“Go home.” Jiyong said before turning and walking to where Yoona is. Yoona’s smirk grew wider as they walked towards the door of the club.

 

 

“JIYONG!” Dara shouted as she ran to them. But she staggered and fell on her knees. She looked up and saw Jiyong and Yoona’s retreating back. She tried to stand up but her knees are too weak to assist her balance. “JIYONG!” She shouted again on top of her lungs when Jiyong’s back slowly disappeared from her sight. Dara’s tears fell from her eyes as she slumped on the floor. Not minding the stares they are giving her and not caring if they noticed her.

 

 

All she felt right now is the stinging pain inside her heart. She looked up and her vision got blurred as another set of tears are ready to fall from her eyes. “I lost.” Dara thought defeatedly as her tears continuously fell from her eyes. She clutched her chest as overwhelming pain shot through her system. She tried to get up and try to follow them but she failed. She couldn’t stand up for the pain she is feeling is eating all her strength. “Jiyong. I love you, Jiyong.” She whispered brokenly.

 

 

“Miss Dara. Let me help you.” The waiter earlier went to Dara’s side when he noticed that Dara can’t stand up. Dara looked up at him and when she was standing on her own, she rushed to the door hoping to find Jiyong outside, waiting for her. But when she got outside, all that welcomed her is darkness. The cold wind gushed and she shivered as she felt the coldness.

 

 

She started walking aimlessly. She doesn’t know where to go but all she wanted was to get the pain out her chest. It’s unbearable. She sobbed again as the pain grew stronger as she accepts that she just lost the man she loves. She stooped walking and looked up at the sky. A thunder roared as heavy rain started to fall.

 

 

She started walking again, not minding the waiter who is calling out for her name. She doesn’t know where to go. She felt so lost. This is the first time in her entire life that she felt lost. She clutched her chest again and she shouted over and over again.

 

 

“JIYONG! PLEASE COME BACK! PLEASE!”

 

 

“I LOVE YOU JIYONG! PLEASE COME BACK TO ME!”

 

 

“I CAN’T LOSE YOU, JIYONG! I CAN’T!”

 

 

“PLEASE TAKE THE PAIN AWAY!”

 

 

“OH GOD, PLEASE TAKE THE PAIN AWAY! PLEASE!”

 

 

“JIYOOOONG!” She shouted one last time when she realized that Jiyong is never coming back to her. Her knees weaken and she slumped on the road. Her tears are pouring continuously from her eyes. She noticed that she is now on a deserted place. She can’t see anything aside from darkness. She is now dripping wet because of the rain but she didn’t mind. For she is occupied on how to take the pain away inside her chest.

 

 

“Jiyong.” She whispered one last time before closing her eyes and hoping that the pain would go away. Hoping that she will be numb for she can’t stand the pain. She can’t stand the thought of not being with Jiyong. She can’t stand the thought of losing the only man she had ever loved.

 

 

She heard a car approaching but she didn’t care. She thought that maybe it would be better if she dies this instant than to feel the pain. She prayed to God that she is willing to die now for her not to feel the pain anymore. She begged God to take her life now for she can’t stand the pain anymore.

 

 

“DARA!” The driver of the car immediately went outside of his car when he noticed that the girl lying in the middle of the road while raining heavily is Dara. He was scared when he saw Dara closed her eyes. He went immediately went to her side and dropped to his knees. He doesn’t care if it is raining heavily and his clothes are now drenched. He collected Dara in his arms and tapped her lightly on her cheeks. Hoping that she is still conscious.

 

 

“Dara, please open your eyes.” He said softly. Dara fluttered her eyes open and smiled with tears still falling from her eyes.

 

 

“J…… J..” She didn’t finish her sentence when he hugged her tight in his body. She sobbed painfully on his chest as he hugged her tighter to him. He carried her towards his car and drove off.

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author's note: I cried while writing this chapter. *sobs* I hope you guys like it. :) See you in a week. Please, don't unsubscribe! I'm begging you.

 

 

bijabbers - omo! I don't want to break your daragon heart. But I totally agree with you about Jiyong being a big jerk! 

ashyrt0295 - your recent comment made me laugh. :D don't worry, I'll update maybe 3-4 chapters when I get back.