-23-

Too Late

 

YG Family Concert was a success. Many fans came to see their bias on stage. Even foreign fans came to Korea just to watch the concert. YG was delighted to see that it was another great concert. So for reward, he gave a three weeks vacation to all his artists. 2NE1, Bigbang, Seven and Gummy was all happy hearing that.

 

 

Two days after the concert, Jiyong was all around Seoul City to finalize his plan. He didn’t seek help. He does it all by himself. The Bigbang members are questioning him why he was so busy when they just finished all their appointments as a group. Jiyong will just smile at them in answer and shrugged his shoulders.

 

 

One night, Jiyong just gone to the flower shop to order flowers. The moment he stepped inside Bigbang’s dorm, his body collapsed. Seungri, who is on the living room, saw Jiyong’s body slide on the floor. He immediately stood up from the couch and ran to where Jiyong is.

 

 

“Hyung!” Seungri shouted as he dropped to his knees and shook Jiyong’s body. Seungri stood up and went to the room of his hyungs. He knocked at their doors and when they opened it, Seungri immediately said what happened to Jiyong. Soon, four people surrounded Jiyong. Youngbae continuously shook Jiyong’s body as Daesung kept on fanning Jiyong with his hands. Seungri looked down on his hyung worriedly. TOP pulled his cell phone out and dialed their manager’s number.

 

 

“Hello, hyung. Jiyong collapsed.” TOP said as soon as their manager picked up the phone.

 

 

“I’ll be there in a minute.” Their manager said. TOP nodded his head and ended the call.

 

 

“Manager hyung will be here.” TOP said at no one in particular. He looked at Jiyong and shook his head. This guy is killing himself. TOP thought to himself.

 

 

“Let’s get him to the hospital. Youngbae, call YG sajangnim and tell him what happened.” Their manager said when he stepped inside the boys’ dorm. Youngbae complied and pulled out his phone and dialed YG. TOP, Seungri and Daesung helped their manager to carry Jiyong into their van.

 

_____________________________________

 

 

There were reporters at the hospital the time they arrived there. Once Bigbang stepped outside their van, all cameras are focused on them but they didn’t mind them. They have to get Jiyong inside the hospital. Their manager called someone inside to help them. A nurse came out with a stretcher. They all helped to put Jiyong on the stretcher. And they were wheeling Jiyong inside, cameras flashed and focused on the unconscious Jiyong on the stretcher. Their manager tried to block the reporter’s view from Jiyong but he failed.

 

 

When they were inside the hospital, the staff immediately closed the door when the reporters tried to get inside. Jiyong was immediately brought to the emergency room. The available doctors went to his side and examined him. The Bigbang members are left on the waiting room together with their manager. Not after a while, YG came running inside the hospital. When they saw him, they stood up from their seat and welcomed YG.

 

 

“What happened to him?” YG asked the boys.

 

 

“I don’t know, hyung. It’s just that the moment he opened the door, he immediately collapsed.” Seungri explained to YG.

 

 

“Do you have any idea why this happened to Jiyong?” YG asked again. The Bigbang boys and their manager shook their heads. YG just sighed and told the rest to just sit down and wait for the doctor. YG sat as well as he looked tensed. This is the second time his artist collapsed and he doesn’t like it.

 

 

Youngbae on the other side clenched his fist tightly as he muttered curses inside his head. Why is he torturing himself? Youngbae thought angrily as they waited for the doctor to come out of the emergency room.

 

 

“Excuse me, are you Kwon Jiyong’s companion?” Someone said and they all looked up and saw the doctor. They all stood up and faced the doctor.

 

 

“What is wrong with him?” YG asked the doctor.

 

 

“He is just stressed. He just needed enough rest. I suggest that he stay in the hospital for two days so he can fully rest.” The doctor said. All the Bigbang members together with their manager sighed in relief. YG nodded his head and thanked the doctor.

 

 

“You all should go home. Take a rest. I will ask someone to look out for Jiyong.” YG said as he rested his hand on TOP’s shoulders.

 

 

“I’ll stay, hyung.” Youngbae said as he looked at YG. YG just stared at Youngbae for quite a while before nodding his head in agreement. YG, together with the rest of Bigbang and their manager went outside of the hospital but they promised to visit tomorrow morning. A nurse came afterwards and told Youngbae that Jiyong is being transferred to his private room. Youngbae just smiled at the nurse and head to Jiyong’s private room.

 

 

________________________________

 

 

 

“Unnie? Can you please change the channel?” Minzy said to Bom. All 2NE1 members are sitting on their couch, watching TV.

 

 

“I don’t want to.” Bom said stubbornly and stuck her tongue out at Minzy. The latter just pouted her lips. Dara and CL laughed at the sight.

 

 

Breaking News: The popular boy group, Bigbang, came to the hospital with their manager to rush their unconscious leader in the hospital.

 

 

All attention was focused on the TV screen when they heard the news. Their mouths gaped open when footage of Jiyong being wheeled inside the hospital on a stretcher was shown. Dara’s eye widen when she saw Jiyong’s body on the stretcher. Her heart’s beat rose as she felt a painful pinch on her heart while her eyes are just focused on the TV screen. No one moved until the news was finished.

 

 

“What happened?” CL asked to herself. Bom looked at Dara and saw that worry is written all over her face.

 

 

“Omo! Jiyong oppa.” Minzy exclaimed. Dara just stayed staring on the TV screen. She hasn’t said anything. The door to their dorm opened and revealed their manager. He sat at the couch where the girls are sitting.

 

 

“Oppa, do you know what happened to Jiyong oppa?” CL asked to their manager.

 

 

“YG sajangnim called me. He said that Jiyong is just stressed and just needed some rest. So stop worrying.” Their manager said. They all sighed in relief aside from Dara.

 

 

“Jiyong oppa will stay in the hospital?” Minzy asked. Their manager nodded his head.

 

 

“For how long?” Bom asked.

 

 

“YG sajangnim said that he needs to stay inside the hospital for two days.” Their manager said. “Stop worrying now. We’ll visit Jiyong tomorrow.” The girls nodded their heads. Dara stood up from her seat and left without saying anything at the girls. They looked worryingly at Dara but they just let her be.

 

 

Once inside her room, Dara sat at the edge of her bed. She can’t stop worrying about Jiyong even if they said that he is just stressed. She looked ahead of her and saw that withered roses. She stood up and picked up one, she held it close to her and smiled.

 

 

“Please be okay, Jiyong.” Dara whispered to the rose. She then placed the rose down and went to her bed again. She lied in her bed with her feet dangling on the side. She placed her one arm over her head and closed her eyes. Tomorrow, I’ll visit Jiyong. Dara thought as sleep consumed her.

 

 

___________________________________

 

 

 

Jiyong opened his eyes slowly. His eyes fluttered open and he was surprised to see that he is not inside his room. He sat at the bed and roamed his eyes around the room. He guessed that he is inside a hospital room. He tapped his forehead with his palm when the door opened. He looked at it and saw his best friend walked in. Youngbae walked towards the bed and sat at the edge.

 

 

“Hey.” Jiyong greeted when Youngbae didn’t say anything.

 

 

“’Hey’ yourself.” Youngbae said as he rolled his eyes at Jiyong.

 

 

“What did I do?” Jiyong asked his best friend when the latter is giving him cold shoulders.

 

 

“Why are you killing yourself?” Youngbae asked as he looked at Jiyong. The latter smiled at him and shifted his gaze.

 

 

“I’m not killing myself, Youngbae.” Jiyong said.

 

 

“Then what are you doing?” Youngbae asked again.

 

 

“I’m just finalizing everything about my plan.”

 

 

Youngbae groaned and looked away from his best friend.

 

 

“I’ll just help you with your plan.” Youngbae said. Jiyong continuously shook his head as he looked at Youngbae.

 

 

“I won’t let you.” Jiyong said.

 

 

“Why?” Youngbae asked.

 

 

“Because I have to do this on my own.”

 

 

“Let me help you, okay?”

 

 

“No, Bae. I needed to do this myself.”

 

 

“Why are you so stubborn?”

 

 

“Because I love Dara.”

 

 

“Why does loving Dara have to do with you being stubborn?”

 

 

“Because I needed to be stubborn in order for me to prove myself to her. I needed to do this because I love her.”

 

 

“You’re unbelievable.”

 

 

“I know.” Jiyong said as he put the blanket aside and stood up from the bed.

 

 

“What are you doing?” Youngbae asked when he saw that Jiyong grabbed his clothes on the chair and went to the bathroom.

 

 

“I’m going to change.” Jiyong said as he walked towards the bathroom.

 

 

“Why are you changing?” Youngbae asked as he stood up and faced Jiyong.

 

 

“Because I still have something to do. I can’t just stay inside the hospital. I have to finish something.” Jiyong smiled and went to the bathroom. Youngbae held his elbows and prevented him going to the bathroom.

 

 

“The doctor said that you have to stay inside the hospital for two days.” Youngbae said as he gritted his teeth.

 

 

“I don’t need two more days. I’m okay now.” Jiyong said as he pulled Youngbae’s hand away from his elbow and continued walking towards the bathroom. When the door closed, Youngbae jut groaned for he can’t do anything.

 

 

 

___________________________________________

 

 

 

“Hyung, what are you doing here? How is Jiyong hyung?” Seungri asked Youngbae when he saw the latter entered their dorm.

 

 

“That stubborn hyung of yours insisted to be out of the hospital today. And I don’t know where he is now.” Youngbae said as he slumped on the couch beside Seungri and covered his face with his arm.

 

 

“What? Jiyong is already out of the hospital? But the doctor said that he needed to rest in the hospital for two days.” TOP said when he stepped outside his room.

 

 

“That’s what I told him. But he was so stubborn to listen to me.” Youngbae groaned. TOP sat beside Youngbae and looked intently at the latter.

 

 

“You’re making me uncomfortable with your stares, hyung.” Youngbae said.

 

 

“Tell me. What Jiyong has been doing for the past months?” TOP asked. Youngbae looked at him incredulously. Youngbae contemplated on his thoughts if he will tell them what Jiyong’s plan is. But he decided that it is best if the rest of the boys will know about it.

 

 

“He could’ve just sought help from us.” TOP said after hearing what Youngbae told them.

 

 

“Jiyong doesn’t want anyone to help him. He said he wanted to do that on his own.” Youngbae said.

 

 

“I never knew Jiyong hyung is that sweet.” Seungri said.

 

 

“I just wish that his plan will be successful.” TOP said as he stared blankly ahead.

 

 

________________________________________

 

 

 

“Jiyong is already out of the hospital. There’s no need to visit him anymore.” 2NE1’s manager said as he entered the girls dorm and sat at the couch where the girls are waiting for him.

 

 

“But I thought that Jiyong oppa still needs to stay there for two days? What happened?” CL asked their manager.

 

 

“I don’t know.” Their manager shrugged his shoulders. Dara stared blankly ahead when her phone vibrated in her phone. She pulled it out and read the message.

 

 

“I’ll be out for a while.” Dara said as she stood up and head to the door.

 

 

___________________________________________

 

 

 

 

“Jae!” Dara exclaimed when she saw Jaejoong waiting for her in front of the café. She hugged Jaejoong when she got to her side. She pulled out from their hug and her gaze unconsciously went to her side when she saw Jiyong looking at them. She gasped as she covered with her hands. Jaejoong looked at where Dara is looking and saw Jiyong standing stiffly on the side.

 

 

Jiyong witnessed how Dara hugged Jaejoong with a smile on her face. The moment he saw it, he felt as if cold water has been splashed at him. He stayed rooted on his spot. His heart is beating painfully inside his chest. When Dara looked at him, his mind screamed to walk away because he looked like a fool watching Dara hugging some guy. But his feet won’t move. And when Jaejoong looked at him, that is when he snapped back to his senses. He shifted his gaze on the floor and continued inside the café. When he closed the door behind him, tears roll out from his eyes.

 

 

He discreetly wiped the tears off his face and went to the office of the café’s owner. What every may happen or whatever he may see, he will still push through what he planned. He will do anything just to prove to Dara that he truly love her. He cannot give up. He will not give up.