-14-

Too Late

 

Jiyong decided to go back to his and Dara’s house and spend the rest of the night there. His gaze lingered on the couch as soon as he stepped inside their house. He recalled him and Dara sitting quietly beside each other and watching TV. He felt again the unfamiliar feeling inside his chest as he remembered how Dara will pout her lips in annoyance because of something she sees on the television.

 

 

He walked towards their dining room and looked longingly at the table. On that table is where Dara and him would eat in complete silence. Dara never cooked for him yet but he looked forward on tasting the dishes she will cook once they were married but that will never happen.

 

 

He climbed the stairs but before he got to his room, he passed by Dara’s room. He stopped on his tracks and hesitantly opened Dara’s room. Everything in her room screamed ‘girly’. Her bed that is covered with a pink coversheets and her pillows with pink covers. Her vanity mirror which held most of her make-ups. And her closet which held all her clothes. Unknown to Dara, Jiyong talked to Yanggen beforehand what Dara would wear every single time they performed.

 

 

He sighed as he thought that what he is doing is all nonsense. He stepped out of her room and started his tracks towards his own room. As soon as he stepped inside his room, he immediately jumped on his bed and decided to sleep for his mind isn’t working right because it was filled with Dara’s images. He closed his eyes but all he can see is Dara. He opened his eyes again.

 

 

“What is wrong with me?” Jiyong asks himself as he sat at the edge of his bed and buried his head on his palms. Then memories of them together in Lotte World occupied his mind. Unconsciously, he smiled when he remembered how Dara initiated their first kiss.

 

 

“No. I can’t possibly love her. I already have a girlfriend.” Jiyong chanted inside his head like a mantra. Hoping that that would take away all Dara’s images inside his head. “I don’t love her. I’m not falling for her.” He said as he laid again on hi bed and closed his eyes. Sleep immediately engulfed him as thoughts of Dara still linger inside his head.

 

 

__________________________________________

 

 

News: Kwon Group of Companies and Park Industries released an official statement about Ms. Dara Park backing out of hers and Kwon Jiyong’s wedding. It is said on the statement that Ms. Dara Park indeed backed out from the wedding but the merging between the two companies will still take place. Now, the citizens of South Korea wondered why Ms. Park backed out from the most anticipated wedding of the century.

 

 

2NE1 was watching the news and they were shocked seeing and hearing that news. They looked at each other as worry laced through their eyes. No one spoke as they tried to gulp down the news. Their doorbell rang but no one bulged. Their manager stood up, though still shocked at the news, opened the door. But the person behind the door shocked him more. “Dara-ah.” Their manager said. The girls heard him and they all turned their attention towards the door.

 

 

They saw Dara standing at their door with her pink luggage of her hand. Dara smiled at her friends and looked at each and every one of them. The girls wasted no time as they all stood up and ran to Dara. They hugged her immediately and that made Dara burst into tears again. They were all stunned when they realized that Dara is crying. Dara was never a cry baby. She is the strongest among them but here she is, crying her eyes out and looked like the most vulnerable person on earth. They hugged her tight as they comforted her. They assisted Dara towards the couch and made her seat. Bom sat beside her as the two maknaes sat her right. Bom took Dara’s hand and squeezed it tight. CL and Minzy did the same as they smiled reassuringly at their unnie. Dara continued to cry as she felt her friends comforting her.

 

 

“I’m sorry for being weak.” Dara apologized with her head bowed down.

 

 

“It is okay to be weak once in a while, Dara-ah.” Bom said as she smiled at Dara.

 

 

“But I’m never a cry baby. But here I am, crying.” Dara said.

 

 

“It’s normal to cry, unnie. Especially when you’re hurting.” CL said.

 

 

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” Dara apologized repeatedly.

 

 

“Stop apologizing, unnie. It’s not your fault.” Minzy said.

 

 

“It is. It’s my fault. It’s my fault that I fell in love with the wrong guy. It’s my fault that I fell for the guy that never loved me back. It’s my fault of having false hopes that he will love me back.” Dara said tears continuously fell from her eyes.

 

 

“Yeah. You fell in love with the wrong guy. So you should forget about him already and move on. We will be here. We’ll support you all the way.” Bom said. Dara continuously nodded her head and smiled at them despite of the tears that are falling.

 

 

“Stop crying, unnie. You don’t look beautiful anymore with tears streaming down your face. You look like some stupid ahjumma I saw on TV once.” CL said and that made Dara laughed. She wipes the tears for her cheeks and smiled her goofy smile at them.

 

 

“That’s more like it, unnie. But you look like Rudolf: The Red Nose Reindeer.” Minzy said as the four of them laughed.

 

 

__________________________________________

 

 

“Hyung, are you okay?” Seungri asked Jiyong as he noticed his hyung staring blankly ahead. They were recording for their new album but Jiyong’s mind seems to be wondering off somewhere.

 

 

“Huh? I.. Yeah. I’m okay.” Jiyong looked at Seungri and smiled at him. Seungri just smile sadly at his hyung. They have heard already the news and no one dared to breathe a word about it.

 

 

“What’s wrong with Ji?” Seunghyun asked when he sat beside Seungri after recording his part.

 

 

“I don’t know. He has been like that ever since he got here.” Seungri said as he studied the music sheet for her is up next after Daesung who is currently inside the recording booth.

 

 

“Hey, man. What’s wrong with you? You’re not yourself today.” Youngbae already knew the answer but he dared asking Jiyong. He knows what is going inside that brain of his friend.

 

 

“Nothing. Just not in the mood.” Jiyong replied boringly.

 

 

“Okay.” Youngbae shrugged his shoulders. “If you need someone to talk to, I’m just here.” He tapped Jiyong’s shoulders and went to Seungri and Seunghyun.

 

 

Jiyong’s thought is occupied again by Dara. He wanted to bang his head multiple times on the wall just to get Dara out of his mind but that would endanger his life. He must think of something. His phone rang and he looked at the caller ID to see who was calling him and a smile was plastered on his face as the distraction he was wishing for is calling him. He immediately answered the phone.

 

 

“Oppa, are you busy? Can we meet up later?” Yoon asked on the other line.

 

 

“Sure, I’ll just finish my recording.” Jiyong said as he said that they will just meet up at a nearby coffee shop. Yoona agreed and ended the call. The boys noticed Jiyong’s smiled. They asked him what happened.

 

 

“I will meet up with Yoona later.” Jiyong said happily as he grabbed the music sheet and studied his part. The boys shook their head as they thought that Jiyong is just making things more complicated.

 

 

“He hasn’t realized yet that he is already in love with Dara.” Seunghyun said as he stared at his stupid friend.

 

 

“Yeah. He is too stubborn to even think of it.” Youngbae said.

 

 

____________________________________________

 

 

“I’ll just buy some coffee at the coffee shop, girls. Do you want anything?” Dara called out as the girls replied that they just want some muffins. She smiled to herself as she started her tracks towards the coffee shop near their apartment and YG Building. She suddenly craved for coffee.

 

 

The smile on her face never left as she skipped towards the pavement towards the coffee shop. But when she got to the coffee shop, pain immediately shot in when she saw two figures cuddling each other on the far corner of the shop. She was about to turn around and head home when a pair of strong arms held her waist. She turned around and saw Jaejoong. She forced out a smile at him.

 

 

“Why don’t you go inside and buy the coffee that you wanted?” Jaejoong asked her but when he saw the hesitation in her eyes, he grabbed her legs and threw her across his shoulders. He looks like he is carrying a sack of rice. He entered the shop with Dara still on his shoulders and stood in front of the cashier.

 

 

“What do you want?” Jaejoong asked nonchalantly as he looked over their menu.

 

 

“Put me down, Jae!” Dara hissed under her breath. But Jaejoong didn’t bulged.

 

 

“One Mocha Frappuccino, please.” Jaejoong said as the clerk nods his head, taking note of his order. “What about you?” Jaejoong looked at his shoulders.

 

 

“One Mocha Latte and three Blueberry muffins.” Dara said.

 

 

Jiyong, saw them entered the shop and his eyebrows immediately furrowed when he noticed that Jaejoong is carrying Dara on his shoulders. He was about to stand up from his seat and marched to where they are but Yoona held his hands and stopped him from standing up.

 

 

“You haven’t finished your coffee yet, oppa.” Yoona said sweetly. Jiyong clenched his fist and just observed the two from a far. He was busy throwing daggers at Jaejoong and if looks could kill, Jaejoong would probably lying on the floor right now and very much dead.

 

 

He saw how the clerk gave them their order and they went out of the shop. That bastard! He didn’t even put Dara down! Jiyong thought angrily as he ignored Yoona beside him who is acting cute.

 

 

_______________________________________________

 

 

 

“I’m planning on agreeing the series for Dara and Lee Minho-ssi. They have a good feedback and Lee Minho’s company decided that they should give it a shot.” YG announced as he called the whole YG Family. This will be a big step to them as another artist would go into the acting world. “What do you think, Dara?” YG turned his head towards Dara.

 

 

“NOOO!” Jiyong shouted at the top of lungs. He didn’t care if they think of him as a crazy person. All he knows is that he can never let Lee Minho and Dara have a series. He can’t let that happen.

 

 

“YG sajangnim’s not asking your opinion, Jiyong.” Bom said.

 

 

“I don’t care. I won’t agree to it!” Jiyong glared at Bom.

 

 

“Your opinion does not matter here, Jiyong-ah. Sit down.” YG said as he points at Jiyong’s chair. But Jiyong didn’t move an inch.

 

 

“I will just seat if you will assure me that you will never let Dara in acting industry.” Jiyong said stubbornly.

 

 

“Okay, suit yourself.” YG said as he turned his gaze again at Dara. People inside the conference looked animatedly at Jiyong as he just stood there while YG is talking to Dara.

 

 

“It’s fine with me, sajangnim.” Dara said politely and wondered why Jiyong is acting like that.

 

 

“WHAT?!” Jiyong’s nose flared. Seungri almost burst out laughing seeing Jiyong when Youngbae slightly elbowed his side.

 

 

“Why are you acting like that, Jiyong? You’re not engaged anymore to Dara.” Seven said as he looked at Jiyong.

 

 

“Yeah. You’re not her fiancé anymore. So why act like that?” Gummy said.

 

 

Jiyong felt as if cold water was splashed on him. Realization dawned on him as he slowly took his seat. He bowed his head low as he realized why he was acting that way.

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note: Still two more chapters to post for you guys! :) Wait for it. :*