-20-

Too Late

 

 

“Bom, raise your hands a little higher. And your hands are not correct. You’re flapping them at the wrong directions.” Jaewook said as he stopped the music and pointed his fingers at Bom. “This is how you do it.” Jaewook said as he danced and showed Bom how the correct dance step is. “We’ve been rehearsing this step for almost three weeks but you can’t perfect the steps.” Jaewook jokingly said as he smile at Bom.

 

 

“But I am not a dancer, I’m a singer.” Bom said as she flipped her hair and rolled her eyes at their choreographer. The girls laughed at Bom’s remark. Jaewook then played the music again. They all turned serious and continued their rehearsal. After four repeats of the song and their dance, the door to their rehearsal room opened and revealed YG. They stopped dancing and bowed their heads. YG sat at the bench and faced the girls.

 

 

“Do your best, arasso? You have a comeback just around the corner.” YG said as he focused his attention on the girls.

 

 

“Neh.” The girls nodded their heads and continued dancing.

 

 

“Bommie, how come that you’re just good at eating corns?” YG joked as he stood up from his seat and laughed lightly at the rest of them. He turned his heels around and was about to go outside the rehearsal room of 2NE1 when he opened his mouth to talk. “You’ve done well today. I wished to see the same performance on you comeback or even better.” YG said then walked outside their rehearsal room.

 

 

“Ah. My whole body hurts. I just want to crash my bed and sleep.” Bom said as she stretched her legs and yawned. CL nodded her head in agreement. Dara went to her things and grabbed a towel to wipe the sweat off her face.

 

 

“Jingyo is here.” Jaewook announced. All the girls turned their heads towards the door and saw Jiyong peeking through the slightly opened door. Dara looked at him and their eyes met. Jiyong smiled at her before fully entering the room. Jiyong tapped Jaewook’s shoulder before going to the girl’s direction. Dara shifted her gaze and turned around and face her bag. 

 

 

“What are you doing here, Jiyong oppa?” CL asked as soon as Jiyong got to their side.

 

 

“Can I talk to you, Bom noona, Minzy and CL?” Jiyong asked. He looked at Dara and saw that she is facing the other way around. He smiled and looked at Bom.

 

 

“Why do you want to talk to us?” Bom asked him as she rolled her eyes at him.

 

 

“It’s private, noona.” Jiyong said.

 

 

“We’re tired.” Bom said simply.

 

 

“It’ll be quick. Please, noona?” Jiyong pleaded as he clasps his hands together in front of his chest.

 

 

“Okay.” Bom said as she grabbed her bag and went outside the recording room. CL and Minzy followed them and Dara was left at the rehearsal room thinking why Jiyong wanted to talk to them. She slowly grabbed her bag and said goodbye to their choreographer before going out of their rehearsal room.

 

 

________________________________________

 

 

 

“Start talking.” Bom said as Jiyong sat in front of them inside one of the conference room in YG Building.

 

 

“I know all of you hated me right now.” Jiyong started.

 

 

“We don’t hate you, oppa. Why would we hate you?” Minzy interjected. Jiyong smiled at her before continuing.

 

 

“I know you’ve hated me the time I’ve hurt Dara. And I wanted to apologize for that.” Jiyong said as he bowed his head.

 

 

“You shouldn’t be saying sorry to us. You should apologize to Dara.” Bom said as her gaze stayed at Jiyong.

 

 

“I know, noona. I’m planning on doing that later. But first, I wanted to apologize to all of you. I know that the time I’ve hurt Dara, I’ve hurt all of you also.” Jiyong continued.

 

 

“It’s good thing that you’ve come to your senses.” Bom said.

 

 

“Is that all, oppa?” CL asked when Jiyong didn’t spoke for quite a while.

 

 

“And I wanted to ask you if I can have another chance for Dara.” Jiyong said as he looked at each and one of the girls.

 

 

“What?” Bom asked with her eyes wide.

 

 

“I wanted to pursue Dara.” Jiyong determinately said.

 

 

“What are you saying, oppa?” Minzy asked him.

 

 

“I love your Dara unnie and I want to have another chance with her.” Jiyong replied.

 

 

“You’ve hurt her enough, Jiyong.” Bom said through gritted teeth.

 

 

“I know that noona. And I regret that. I regret all of the things I’ve done to her but not the time I took her out on a date and when I kissed her because those moments are the best that ever happened in my life.” Jiyong explained.

 

 

“You’re too late, Jiyong.” Bom said.

 

 

“That’s what she also said. But I won’t give up until I make her love me again. I won’t give up until I make her mine again.” Jiyong said. CL and Minzy can’ help but be awed at how Jiyong’s voice expressed determination.

 

 

“I won’t let you hurt her again, Jiyong. I can’t see her in pain again because of you.” Bom said.

 

 

“I won’t hurt her again, noona. I won’t and will never hurt her again.” Jiyong pleaded as he looked straight into Bom’s eye.

 

 

“I’m afraid I can’t grant your wish to have a second chance with Dara. As Dara’s best friend, I can’t let her see in pain again. I won’t allow her to be hurt again with the same person.” Bom said as she shifted her gaze away from Jiyong and looked at else where.

 

 

“Oppa!” CL and Minzy exclaimed at the same time when they witnessed what Jiyong has done. Bom looked in front of her and gasp seeing Jiyong on his knees.

 

 

“What are you doing?!” Bom exclaimed as she looked incredulously at the man kneeling in front of her.

 

 

“Please, noona?” Jiyong pleaded.

 

 

“Stand up first, Jiyong! You look like a fool!” Bom said but Jiyong didn’t bulge. He stayed kneeling on the floor.

 

 

“I don’t care if I look like a fool right now. I don’t care about my image anymore. I don’t care about everything. All I care about is Dara and that I cannot live for another second more if she will never be mine.” Jiyong said as he looked down because his eyes are turning misty.

 

 

“Omo!” CL said as she covered with her hands. Bom don’t know what to do. She can’t even believe that the great Kwon Jiyong is kneeling in front of her just because he wants to have a second chance with Dara. Bom slapped her forehead lightly as she expelled a breath.

 

 

“What will I do if I see another tear roll from Dara’s eyes because of you?” Bom said as she looked directly at Jiyong. Jiyong immediately looked up and smiled at Bom.

 

 

“You can kill me then, noona.” Jiyong said with still the goofy smile plastered on his face. CL and Minzy’s eye widen with the thing he said earlier.

 

 

“Okay.” Bom said as she held her hands across Jiyong. Jiyong looked at her hands confusingly. Bom took the initiative and grabbed Jiyong hands and shook it. Jiyong smiled and smiled at Bom.

 

 

“We have a deal, Jiyong.” Bom warned her. Jiyong nods his head continuously. “But we’re never going to help you. You should do it all on your own. If I learned that you sought out help at your members, I will never let you near Dara ever again.” Bom said. Jiyong shook his head. CL and Minzy stood up as Bom stood up and exited the door. Jiyong was left on the conference in deep thought.

 

 

___________________________________

 

 

 

“Hey.” Dara greeted when their door opened and revealed the girls.

 

 

“Hi unnie!” CL exclaimed as she smiled at Dara before going to her room.

 

 

“What’s wrong with her?” Dar asked as she pointed a finger at CL’s retreating back.

 

 

“Why?” Bom asked as she sat at the couch and laid her head on Dara’s lap.

 

 

“After our rehearsal, she said that she is dead tired but now, she looked like she just had a good night sleep and her energy meter in full.” Dara said as she focused her eyes on the TV screen.

 

 

“She just heard a good news.” Bom said as her eyelids are getting heavy because of tiredness. Dara was meaning to ask why Jiyong talked to them but when she saw that Bom’s eyelids are fluttering close, she shook the thought away and tapped Bom’s shoulders.

 

 

“Go to your room now, Bommie. Let’s rest now.” Dara said. Bom stood up and went to her room. Dara smiled as she went towards her room.

 

 

When she opened her door, the roses welcomed her. She went nearer to the roses and smiled. She picked up a note. She is lying if she will say that she doesn’t love Jiyong anymore. But she is trying her hardest on moving on. She thought as she placed down the note and went to her bed.

 

 

When she was about to close her eyes, memories of her and Jiyong on a date at Lotte World swan inside her head. She smiled when she recalled how Jiyong held her hands that night and how he glanced at her ever now and then. Her smile grew wider as she recalled how they shared their first kiss. A tear escaped her eyes when her thought went to the day Jiyong left her in the club. She felt the pain again. She closed her eyes tightly hoping that the pain would go away. She forced herself to think of anything aside that moment then an image of Jiyong smiling at her flashed in her mind. The pain immediately vanished.

 

 

She thought that she was weird. Because the person who caused her great pain is the same person who can take the pain away. She laughed slightly at her silliness before closing her eyes again. After a while, sleep consumed her with Jiyong still on her mind.

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Author's Note: 5 more chapters left!

 

 

sweetzz_kisses - I don't mind you submitting comments one at a time! And, oh! My vacation is woderful! Thanks for asking.