-10-

Too Late

 

Jiyong and Dara walked side by side along the corridors of YG Building. All the people that saw them has a smile on their faces as they thought how lovely they both looked. Dara had a giddy smile plastered on her face as she kept on stealing glances and her fiancé.

 

 

“Oppa!” When Dara heard her familiar voice, the smile on her face completely vanished. She looked ahead and saw Im Yoona, Jiyong’s girlfriend, walking towards them. She looked at her right and saw Jiyong looking ahead with happiness in his eyes.

 

 

“Yoona.” Jiyong said as he walked towards his girlfriend and hugged her tight when he got to her side. Dara saw that and she had to shift her gaze somewhere else so that she won’t see the two couple have their sweet moment.

 

 

“Sandara-ssi.” Yoona greeted her and bowed after kissing Jiyong on his lips. Yoona had this smirk on her face as she saw the defeated look on Dara’s face.

 

 

“Anneyeonghasseo, Yoona-ssi.” Dara forced a smile and bowed at her. She took one last look at Jiyong and when she saw that his attention is on Yoona, she turned around and walked away towards their practice room.

 

 

_______________________________________

 

 

“How did your date went yesterday?” Bom asked Dara as soon as she entered the practice room. She put up a smile on her face and excitedly ran towards her friends and started telling them what happened yesterday, totally forgetting what she saw a while ago.

 

 

“Omo! You two kissed!” CL exclaimed in delight when Dara finishes her story. They still have half an hour before they start their rehearsal. Dara just smiled at them recalling that magical kiss.

 

 

“I’m sure you’re happy as hell.” Bom said while looking intently on Dara. She doesn’t know, but there is something in Dara that seems odd and she is just hiding it behind her smiles.

 

 

“I heard that you and Jiyong oppa came together today, unnie!” Minzy said.

 

 

“Yeah.” Dara said in a small voice.

 

 

“Something happened, right?” Bom asked her when she noticed how Dara’s face fell. But before Dara could deny that something really happened, the door of their practice room opened. They all turned their heads to see who it was and was surprised to see Yoona and Jiyong at the door.

 

 

“Something really happened.” Bom said as she turned her gaze away from the door. Signalizing that the two are not welcome in their practice room.

 

 

“Oppa, Yoona unnie, what brings you here?” CL said as she stood up from her seat and walked towards the two figures at the door.

 

 

“Yoona just wanted to have a look in YG Building so I toured her around.” Jiyong said while holding Yoona’s hand.

 

 

“This isn’t a museum to be toured on.” Bom hissed under her breath. Dara heard her but she just smiled at her friend.

 

 

“Oppa, their practice room is bigger than ours.” Yoona giggled and looked at Jiyong. Bom stood from her seat and dragged Dara with her. Minzy followed them and now they are standing in front of Jiyong and Yoona.

 

 

“Hi, Yoona-ssi. I’m Park Bom, the main vocals of 2NE1” Bom said as she pointed at herself. “This is CL, our leader.” Bom said as she pointed to CL. “This is Minzy, our maknae and main dancer.” She said then pointed to Minzy. “And this is Dara, Jiyong’s fiancé.” Bom said as she held Dara shoulders. Dara’s eye widen at what Bom said. Why had she introduced Dara as Jiyong’s fiancé? She could’ve introduced her as 2NE1’s Fresh Vocals.

 

 

“I’m Im Yoona, Jiyong’s girlfriend.” Yoona said while staring intently at Dara then she wrapped her arms in Jiyong’s arms. All of them felt the tension between Bom and Yoona. Dara just bowed her head.

 

 

“I’m sorry, Jiyong. But our rehearsal will start now and you know that outsiders aren’t allowed to watch any of the rehearsal made in any of the practice rooms inside this building. So if you don't mind?.” Bom said as she looked at Yoona from head to toe. Emphasizing the word outsider. Jiyong looked at Bom and glared at her.

 

 

“Let’s go, Yoona. I’ll show you Teddy hyung’s studio.” Jiyong said as he tugged Yoona arms and they walked away.

 

 

“So, Yoona’s here? Why didn’t you tell us?” Bom looked incredulously at Dara as they walked towards their seats. Dara just remained quiet.

 

 

“Aisht! What am I going to do with you?!” Bom exclaimed while still looking at Dara. She now proved that Dara is a masochist.

 

 

“Unnie, Jaewook oppa is here.” CL said as they all stood up from their seat and started practicing.

 

 

________________________________

 

 

“Noona, what are you doing here?” Dara looked up and saw Seungri walking towards her. She decided to hang out at the park after their stressful rehearsal.

 

 

“Just catching some fresh air.” Dara said.

 

 

“Can you imagine it, noona? You will be a married woman already in two months?” Seungri said as he sat beside Dara on the bench.

 

 

Dara just nods her head and smiled at him.

 

 

“Hyung’s so lucky to have you as a future wife, noona.” Seungri said without looking at Dara.

 

 

“What made you say that, Seungri-ah?” Dara asked as a small smile formed on her face as she looks up at the sky.

 

 

“Because you’re a complete package, noona. Everything that a guy looks for a woman, you got them all effortlessly.” Seungri said.

 

 

“But your hyung doesn’t see the way you see it.” Dara said sadly as she heaved a sigh.

 

 

“Because hyung is a pabo, noona.” Seungri now looked at her and smiled.

 

 

“Thanks, Seungri-ah.” Dara smiled at him.

 

 

“You really love him, right noona?” Seungri asked once again.

 

 

“Neh.” Dara replied in a heartbeat.

 

 

“Hyung really is lucky. I hope that he realize soon that you got everything that he is looking for a woman. Hope that he sees soon that you are one amazing woman, noona.” Seungri said as he stood up from the bench and offered his hand to Dara. Dara smiled up at him and accepted his hand and stood up. Then they walked hand in hand to YG Building.

 

 

_____________________________________

 

 

“Yah! Seungri-ah! Where did you go?! I was looking all over for you!” Jiyong shouted immediately when he saw Seungri walking inside YG Building. He was about to shout more when he saw that Seungri is holding Dara’s hands. He immediately went to their side and looked incredulously at the two of them.

 

 

“Why are you two holding hands?!” Jiyong shouted louder while pointing his finger at their intertwined hands.

 

 

“Noona said she loves me and that she doesn’t want to marry you anymore because she wanted to marry me instead.” Seungri said as he looked beside him and saw Dara laughing.

 

 

“MWOH?!” Jiyong’s eye widen as he continued looking at the two figures in front of him. He grabbed Seungri’s collar and looked intently at his eyes. Hoping that he intimidated their maknae.

 

 

“And I said that I love noona as well, so we might sneak out in a little while and get married secretly.” Seungri continued to tease Jiyong. On the other hand, Jiyong is ready to spit fire at the laughing maknae.

 

 

“Don’t forget your promise, Seungri-ah.” Dara said sweetly at Seungri, deciding to join Seungri in teasing Jiyong. That does it for Jiyong. He lets go of Seungri’s collar and roughly snatched Dara’s hand away from Seungri then he stood in front of Dara while spreading his arms. He looks like he is barricading Dara with his arms spread wide.

 

 

“Calm down, hyung. I was just joking.” Seungri managed to say while clutching his stomach and laughing nonstop. He turned his head around and faced Dara to see that she is laughing as well. Dara peeked in his shoulders and got a glimpse of Seungri who winked at her. She giggled on her spot.

 

 

“Are you jealous, Jiyong?” Dara asked when she looked up at Jiyong.

 

 

“Why would I be jealous?” Jiyong said then rolled his eyes. He then turned his gaze again at Seungri.

 

 

“You’re not getting any part on our new song.” Jiyong glared at Seungri then started to march towards the elevator.

 

 

“Hyung! I was just joking! JOKING! You can cage up Dara noona all you want. She’s yours! I won’t steal her away from you! We were just joking! HYUNG!” Seungri said as he chased Jiyong towards the elevator while shouting his throat out. Dara laughed at them then she started her way going to 2NE1’s practice room.