-7-

Too Late

 

"Unnie, where will we go later?" Minzy asked Dara as they were taking a break from their practice.

 

 

"I'm sorry, maknae-ah. But I have a date later with your Jiyong oppa." Dara said with a smiled on her face.

 

 

"Ohhhh. You have a date with your hubby-to-be." CL said while wiping the sweat off her face. Dara just smiled cheekily at them, excited at what will happen at their date. Bom just looked at her friends and hoped that Dara's date would be without any hitch.

 

 

”So, where is your date, unnie?” Minzy asked as she smiled towards Dara.

 

 

”It's in Tumsae Restaurant. I've already booked a table. All that is missing is me and Jiyong.” Dara said dreamily.

 

 

”Back to practice.” Jaewook said after five minutes of break.

 

 

”Neh.” The girls chorused as they went to where Jaewook is.

 

 

________________________

 

 

”Hey D. What are your plans later?” Jaejoong asked Dara while they are sitting in one of the tables in the cafe.

 

 

”I have a date with Jiyong.” Dara replied with a visible smile on her face.

 

 

”That explains that stupid smile on your face.” Jaejoong said while sipping on his coffee.

 

 

”Shut up and let me be happy on this special day.” Dara said as she too took a sip on her coffee.

 

 

”Okay.” Jaejoong said while shrugging his shoulders.

 

 

”By the way, I heard that your group will have a concert soon. Why aren't you inviting me?” Dara whined as she pouted her lips.

 

 

”I forgot to bring the tickets. I have four of them so if you want to let the girls come with you, it's okay.” Jaejoong said.

 

 

”Really?” Dara asked. Jaejoong just nod his head.

 

 

”I should go now. I still have to prepare for my date later. Ciao!” Dara stood up from her seat and winked at Jaejoong before going out of the cafe.

 

 

____________________________

 

 

”Just wait for me at the restaurant. I still have something to finish”

 

 

Dara read the note Jiyong left for her. She just smiled and went to her room to prepare.

 

 

It was already seven in the evening when she was done preparing herself. She looked at the mirror and smiled to herself. Noting that she looked beautiful in her dress with her hair curled at the end and just a light make-up one. With one last glance at the mirror, she picked up her purse and went outside their house where her driver is waiting for her.

 

 

Dara feels really excited throughout the whole ride. This will be the very first time that she will eat alone together with Jiyong. She fidgeted in her seat as she waited for their car to arrive at the restaurant.

 

 

When the car suddenly put to a halt, Dara inhaled a deep breath and went out of their car. Someone assisted her and when she got to the reception, she just said her name and she was guided to her reserved table.

 

 

”Would you like to order anything now, Ms. Park” The waiter asked when he went to Dara's table.

 

 

”I still have to wait someone. Can you just please give me a glass of water? Thank you.” Dara said politely at the waiter and the waiter smiled back at her and walked away. After a minute, the waiter arrived with her glass of water.

 

 

Meanwhile, Jiyong is on his way to their house to take a quick bath and follow Dara at the restaurant she was saying when his phone suddenly rang. He looked at the caller ID and his brows knitted when he saw his girlfriend's name. He picked it up.

 

 

”Yeoboseo? What made you call, Yoona?” Jiyong said in a sweet voice.

 

 

”Oppa, can you please come here in our dorm. Yoona unnie suddenly had a fever and she was asking for you.” He recognized Sunny's voice immediately and when he heard that his girlfriend was sick, he immediately turned his car around and went to Girls Generation's dorm. Totally forgetting Dara who is waiting for him at Tumsae Restaurant.

 

 

It was already one in the morning when he was able to get home. He was so dead tired when he arrived home, all he wanted is to crash his bed and sleep peacefully. When he walked passed Dara's room he wondered why the lights are turned off. Normally, all her lights will be on even if she is sleeping but tonight, it was off.

 

 

Curiosity kicked in him ad knocked on Dara's door. No one answered and his eyebrows furrowed. Why is Dara not answering? He placed his hand on the door knob and was surprised to see that it wasn't locked. Her turned her door knob and opened her door wider.

 

 

His eyebrows furrowed more when there was no sign of Dara in her room. Where is that girl? Jiyong thought as he went downstairs again hoping to find Dara there. His phone rang in his hand and he doesn't bother looking at the caller ID and picked it up immediately.

 

 

”Yeoboseo, hyung? Is Dara noona there?” Seungri said on the other line when Jiyong answered the phone.

 

 

”Do you know what time is already, maknae-ah?” Jiyong asked as he went his way towards the couch and sat.

 

 

”I just forgot to greet Dara noona a happy birthday. I've been calling her phone but she is not picking up. So I just guessed that she is with you.” Seungri said.

 

 

”Today is her birthday?” Jiyong asked.

 

 

”You didn't know? Shame on you, hyung.” Seungri said then he ended the call.

 

 

Jiyong just stared at his phone. So Dara wanted to celebrate her birthday with him. But he totally forgot about their dinner when her girlfriend called. Guilt suddenly came rushing through him. Dara should've told him. He looked at the clock and saw that it was almost two in the morning. Where was she? She should've gone home when she realized that he is not coming. What a stupid girl.

 

 

Jiyong was about to dial CL's number and ask if she saw Dara when he heard a car parked. He looked outside and saw a black Jaguar. Then Jaejoong came out of the driver's seat and went to the passenger’s seat and helped Dara get out. His eyebrows formed a straight line. What is Jaejoong doing with his fiancée?

 

 

He walked over the door and opened it when Dara was about to hold the door knob. When Dara saw Jiyong on the door, she immediately shifted her gaze at the floor. She doesn't want Jiyong to see the hurt and disappointment in her eyes.

 

 

”Where did you go?” Jiyong asked.

 

 

”You should've known better.” Jaejoong said as and glared at Jiyong. The latter just ignored him and looked at Dara.

 

 

”You should have gone home when you realized that I wasn't coming. Were you that stupid?” But Dara just ignored him and looked at Jaejoong and thanked him for dropping her off their house. Then she started going inside without even glancing at Jiyong.

 

 

Jiyong was about to close the door when Jaejoong took hold of the door, preventing Jiyong from closing it and looked straight in his eyes. ”You should've told her that you don't have any plans on going so that she would have celebrated her birthday with her friends.” Jaejoong then took the initiative and closed the door with a loud bang. Jiyong stood immobile on his spot.

 

 

After some time, he decided to go to Dara's room and apologized. He quickly went upstairs and saw that Dara's room is open. He let himself in and was about to open his mouth and say something but Dara looked at him and he saw the hurt and disappointment in her eyes. That stopped him from talking.

 

 

”Do you need anything?” Dara asked him and when he didn't speak, she spoke again. ”Do you mind if I rest now? I'm so tired.” Dara said as she turned around and waited for Jiyong to leave her room.

 

 

When she heard her door closed, she expelled a deep breath and thought that she is indeed tired of loving him.