-17-

Too Late

 

 

 

 

Jiyong's solo concert was a success. They performed all the songs in his album including 'Hello'. The fans liked the concept of their performance and some were surprised that there are wedding pictures at the end of their performance. They speculated that maybe, they were married already and they are just hiding it from the public.

 

 

Dara was satisfied with herself because she did her best during their performance. Seungri kept on teasing Dara while they were inside the waiting room.

 

 

"Noona, you and hyung are so sweet earlier." Seungri said as he sat beside Dara.

 

 

"Shut up, rat." CL said as she rolled her eyes at Seungri.

 

 

"I'm not talking to you, cat." Seungri said. Dara just smiled in amusement at seeing them bicker just like the old days.

 

 

"I'm not joking, noona. I'm saying the truth." Seungri said.

 

 

"If you don't shut your mouth Seungri, I will get a sharp object and cut your tongue with it. I'm not joking." Bom glared at Seungri. Seungri bowed his head and bit his lower lip to prevent himself from talking.

 

 

"Hyung! You're concert was daebak!" Daesung exclaimed as soon as Jiyong entered the room. He held hid two thumbs up and smiled his infamous smile at Jiyong. Jiyong replied with a warm smile and mouthed his thanks.

 

 

Dara was hesitating if she will congratulate Jiyong or not. She turned her head towards Bom and saw that she is giving signals to her. Dara smiled to Bom as she stood up and stood in front of Jiyong. All the people inside the room anticipated what Dara will do.

 

 

"Congratulations on your successful concert, sunbaenim." Dara smiled at him as she hugged him. Jiyong stood immobile on his spot. He was savoring the warmth of Dara's hug is giving not until he remembered what she called him. When Dara pulled away from the hug, Jiyong stared at her. "Sunbae?" Jiyong thought.

 

 

Then one after another, they congratulated him. Dara backed away from him and smiled.

 

 

_________________________________

 

 

Jiyong was peacefully riding the elevator when it opened and revealed Lee Donghae of Super Junior. He wondered what is this guy’s doing here. When Dongae saw him, the latter smiled and bowed at him. Jiyong replied with a curt smile. When the elevator stopped on fifth floor, Jiyong went out.

 

 

He was about to open the door of Teddy's studio when he heard Seungri talked.

 

 

"Have you seen Donghae hyung inside YG Building?" Seungri asked.

 

 

"Yeah. I saw him at the gym earlier when I went there to work out a little." Yongbae said. What? He went to our gym? Don’t they have gym on their own? Jiyong thought as he just kept standing outside the door.

 

 

"I even saw him talking to Yanggen awhile ago. I wonder what his business here is." TOP said. Jiyong then decided to enter and sit beside Seungri.

 

 

"I saw Lee Donghae at the elevator just minutes ago." Jiyong said. Then a head suddenly appeared at the door of Teddy's studio. They recognized YG's secretary.

 

 

"Bigbang, Teddy, YG sajangnim wants you in his office." YG's secretary said. They looked at each other before standing up and heading towards YG's office.

 

 

As soon as they opened the door, their eyes widen when they saw who is sitting at the couch. All the seniors in YG family are here. All the Bigbang members took in their seats. They just stayed silent for a while before Seungri spoke.

 

 

"Hyung, is Lee Donghae going to join our company?" Seungri asked.

 

 

"No." YG said simply. He looked around at his artists before taking a deep breath. "I know you are all wondering why Lee Donghae is here in our company." YG started. All the occupants of the room nodded their heads aside from Seven and JinuSean. "You all know that I and the girls had an agreement that if someone wanted to date them, the guy must go through all the tests I require them to finish." YG continued. Jiyong started feeling scared for he can already formulate inside his mind who this man wanted to date among 2NE1 members.

 

 

"Donghae-ssi already gone to Hwangssangbu to have his physical fitness test, and he passed. Then he is had also gone to Yanggen to test his fashion sense and he also passed. Now, he needs to be interviewed by all the senior men in this company, so I gathered you all." YG looked again at his artist before looking at Donghae.

 

 

 

"Who does he want to date?" Jiyong said in a serious tone. All the Bigbang members looked at him.

 

 

"I want to date Sandara Park." Dongae said confidently. Jiyong stared at him while Donghae stared back at him. YG cleared his throat when the tension inside his office became stronger.

 

 

"What would you like to ask him?" YG said to all the senior men of YG.

 

 

"You do know that your fans are possessive over you, right? What will happen if they will know that you are dating Dara? Will you protect her over your fans?" Seven asked.

 

 

"Yes, I will. And I also know how my fans are possessive over me. But when I will date Dara, they have to accept the fact that they I am not their possession." Donghae said confidently. Jinu smiled hearing what Donghae answered. Jiyong curled his fist.

 

 

"How can you promise to us that Dara will never be harmed when she is dating you?" Sean asked this time.

 

 

"I'll protect her in any of the strength I have. If it is even possible, I'll be with her twenty four hours a day, seven times a week." Donghae answered. Sean nodded his head as he is satisfied with Donghae's answer.

 

 

"Are you sure you want to date my Dara noona?" Seungri asked.

 

 

"I've never been this sure in my life." Donghae smiled at them except at Jiyong.

 

 

"If she wants you to give up your career for her, would you do it?" Jiyong asked.

 

 

"Yah, hyung. What kind of question is that? He is not asking Dara noona to marry him yet." Daesung asked Jiyong as he looked at him incredulously.

 

 

"Answer me, Donghae-ssi." Jiyong said again.

 

 

"I'm afraid I can't do that but I can give her anything she wants." Donghae said.

 

 

"Do you have anymore questions to ask him?" YG asked. Jiyong was about to open his mouth and ask something when all Bigbang members shook their heads.

 

 

"Very well. You are all dismissed. It's my turn to ask him questions." YG said. All the occupants of the office stood up and left the room. Jiyong gave a lingering look at Donghae and sighed before turning his head around and went towards the elevator.

 

 

"Hyung! Where are you going?" Seungri asked when Jiyong walked fast and did not wait for them to approach him.

 

 

"Just let him be." TOP said as he rested his hand on Seungri's shoulders. Youngbae shook his head and walked faster, following Jiyong.

 

 

_______________________________

 

 

Jiyong looked up at the sky and sighed deeply. After the interview they have done to Donghae, he immediately went to the rooftop to release some pent up anger. It angered him when some guy wanted to date Dara. He knows that he doesn't have any rights but he can't help it. Just by foreseeing Dara dating other guy aside from him makes his heart throb in pain. He sighed again as he clenched his fist. He was busy with his thoughts that he didn't notice that the door to the rooftop opened.

 

 

"Hey, man." Youngbae said as he stood beside Jiyong and looked up at where Jiyong was looking. Jiyong looked at him briefly and looked up again.

 

 

"What are you doing here?" Jiyong asked Youngbae.

 

 

"Just want to take some fresh air." Youngbae shrugged his shoulders and looked at Jiyong. "How about you man? What are you doing here?" Youngbae asked Jiyong.

 

 

"Nothing." Jiyong said.

 

 

"You know that you can tell me everything, right?" Youngbae smiled at Jiyong even if the latter is not looking at him.

 

 

"What are you saying? I don't have anything to tell you." Jiyong said as he rolled his eyes at Youngbae.

 

 

"You can't hide anything from me, Ji. We've been best friends for almost ten years. I can read you like an open book." Youngbae stated the fact. Jiyong turned his head and looked at Youngbae and sighed. He is right, he can't hide anything from his best friend.

 

 

"Come on, tell me. You might go crazy if you hold that in any longer." Youngbae joked and Jiyong laughed.

 

 

Jiyong take a deep breath and looked intently at his best friend. "I'm in love with Dara. But it's already too late. She has already moved on." Jiyong said as recalled how Dara treats him like they have never been engaged. Se treats him as if she hasn't told him she loves him. She treats him just like how a hoobae treats her sunbae. And that hurts him.

 

 

"I knew it." Youngbae said as he looked up at the sky again. Jiyong just stayed quite. Somehow, the burden he is carrying seems lighter when he said to Youngbae what has been bothering him.

 

 

"Have you done anything to let her see what you truly feel?" Youngbae asked.

 

 

"I haven't done anything. But I already said to her that I love her." Jiyong said. Yougbae looked at him and smiled.

 

 

"It's not enough to just say what you feel, Ji. Let her see what you truly feel. Let her see that you want her back. Don't settle with just telling her what you feel. Fight for her. Show her how much you love her." Youngbae said as he tapped Jiyong's shoulders lightly.

 

 

"But I've hurt her, Bae. I've hurt her enough that she gave up on me." Jiyong said in a voice that seems to be hurt.

 

 

"That doesn't mean that you should give up on her also. That means that you should do everything you can and prove to her that you have regretted everything you've done to her before. Prove to her that you have regretted treating her like nothing before." Youngbae said. Jiyong looked at him with surprise in his eyes. Youngbae looked back at him and smiled.

 

 

"Why are you looking at me like I've said something that amuses you?" Youngbae asked while almost laughing.

 

 

"Thank you, Bae." Jiyong said as he tapped Youngbae's shoulder. "What will I do?" Jiyong then asked. Youngbae looked at him amusingly and smiled his cheeky smile.

 

 

"That is left all for you to think about. All I can say is you should step up your game because fan boys of hers kept on growing the day your wedding was stopped." Youngbae then turned around and went straight to the door. Jiyong was left thinking on the rooftop. He roamed his eyes around the city then he looked up hoping to find some answers. Then a thought crossed his mind. He smiled at nothing in particular and went outside the rooftop.