-5-

Too Late

 

“Unnie, can you believe it?! We’ll be debuting in five minutes! IN FIVE MINUTES!!” Chaerin exclaimed excitedly as she jumped up and down.

 

 

 

Dara just stayed quite for she is too nervous to speak. What if I drop my fan while dancing? What if my voice cracks while singing my part? What if the fans won’t like me? Those thoughts occupied Dara’s mind as she sat quietly at one corner of their dressing room. She thought that nobody would rob off her nervousness away from her.

 

 

“Yo! Yo! Yo! Wassup, 2NE1?” The newly arrived voice said. Dara looked at the door to see the rest of the Bigbang members enter their dressing room together with their president. Their sight made Dara more nervous. Now Jiyong is here to watch her. What if she made a mistake while performing? Dara is sure that Jiyong would judge her immediately.

 

 

“Noona! Go kill ‘em with your stares!” Seungri said as he went to where Dara is sitting. Jiyong looked at Dara’s direction and saw that her hands are shaking from nervousness. He smirked thinking that she will never be part of his world.

 

 

“Jaejoong-ssi.” One of the YG’s staff bowed to the guy who peeked inside 2NE1’s dressing room.

 

 

“Where is Dara?” The guy said without letting himself in. When he saw her at the corner, he smiled as he opened the door wider and let himself in as he walked his way towards the nervous girl sitting at the corner.

 

 

“You’ve come this way to be nervous.” Dara heard a familiar voice and when she looked up, all the nervousness inside her body immediately vanished. Seeing her savior in front of her is all she ever need.

 

 

“Jaejoong-ah. I’m so nervous.” Dara whined as Jaejoong pulled a chair and sat beside her. All eyes are focused on them, especially Jiyong’s eyes.

 

 

“Don’t be. You’re amazing. I’m sure they’ll gonna love you.” Jaejoong smiled reassuringly at Dara and the latter just smiled back. All her doubts are washed away by her friend.

 

 

On the other hand, Jiyong’s eyebrow seemed to form a straight line looking at the two figures at the corner. And when he focused his attention on Dara, his fist curled seeing her smile cheekily. Seems like Jaejoong has a special effect on her because all the traces of nervousness is nowhere to be seen on her face.

 

 

“2NE1, you’re on.” One of the staff of the music program announced. The room got louder as each person in the room wished the girls good luck.

 

 

The girls huddled together making a circle as their leader breathe word of encouragement. And when they are about to go out, they held their fist in front of them and together they shouted: “2NE1, nolza!”

 

 

____________________________

 

 

The four girls were exhausted as hell as they went back to their dressing room. They repeatedly performed their song until the PD got contented with their stage. All the YG family are waiting for them at their dressing room and there is a surprise waiting for the girls.

 

 

“Congratulations!” All the people in the room shouted as soon as the door opened and revealed the girls with sweat trickling down their faces. The girls beamed with happiness as their eyes turned misty at the surprise their YG family planned for them.

 

 

Dara was the last one to enter the room for she was too exhausted to walk faster and catch up with the girls. Good thing that nobody noticed her enter aside from Jiyong and Jaejoong. Jiyong noticed that Dara looked paler than she is a while ago. But he shrugged his shoulders thinking that he doesn’t care and focused his attention in congratulating the girls. But Jaejoong’s eye never left Dara as he walked towards her, noticing how odd the way she walks and how she closes her eyes once in a while.

 

 

Dara felt the whole room shook as her knees buckle. She managed to get hold of one of the chairs and pulled herself up. Nobody went to her for they are busy celebrating the girl’s debut. Dara decided that she is too weak to stand so she went towards the couch hoping she could rest first.

 

 

But before Dara could manage to get to the couch, her whole vision darkened as her body slowly made its way to the ground.

 

 

 

“Dara!!” Bom shouted at the top of her lungs when she saw Dara’s body collapsing. Jaejoong ran to Dara, but before Jaejoong could ever come to Dara’s side, a pair of arms is already holding Dara, preventing her from colliding at the ground.

 

 

“Dara.” Jiyong softly mutters as he looked at the girl in his arms. He doesn’t know what had gotten into him but when he glanced again at Dara and saw that she is about to fall on the floor, his feet moved on its own and went to Dara. In a speed of light, everyone gathered around Dara and Jiyong as they wondered what had happened to Dara.

 

 

“Oh my God! Dara unnie!” CL exclaimed as she furiously fanned Dara with the paper she is holding. Jiyong don’t know what to do aside from looking intently at Dara’s face.

 

 

“We should bring her to the hospital.” YG said as he dialed on his cellphone. Must be calling for an amubulance.

 

 

Jiyong stood up and carried the still unconscious Dara in his arms. “I’ll take her to the hospital.” He then walked towards the door and was about to open it when Jaejoong materializes before him.

 

 

“I’ll take her to the hospital.” Jaejoong said as he was about to get Dara from Jiyong’s arms when Jiyong held Dara tightly and glared at Jaejoong.

 

 

“I’m her fiancée so I will take her to the hospital.” Jiyong hissed under his breath before opening the door and going towards his Bently.

 

 

Jaejoong just stepped aside, knowing full well that Jiyong has every right on taking her to the hospital because he is her fiancé and Dara’s heart belonged to him.

 

 

____________________________

 

 

Dara’s eyes fluttered opened as she adjusted her sight at the sudden light. She squinted her eyes and noticed that she is neither in her room nor in their dressing room. White ceiling. She roamed her eyes some more and noticed that she maybe in the hospital. Now that she remembered, she felt nauseous once they are done with their debut performance.

 

 

She wondered who is with her right now. Then the door opened and revealed her fiancé holding a piece of paper that she thought must be her medical record. She smiled at the sight of him.

 

 

“Thank you.” Dara said in a small voice and that is the only time that Jiyong noticed that Dara is already awake. He looked at her and rolled his eyes on her.

 

 

“Good thing that you’re awake now. You’ve disturb me for a long time already.” Jiyong said as he strode to where his things were and grabbed his coat and went out of Dara’s room. Then after five minutes, the door opened again and revealed the whole YG family.

 

 

“Oh my God! Are you okay now, unnie?” CL said as she ran to Dara’s side and checked her face.

 

 

“What happened to you, Ssantokki?” Bom said as she placed down a plastic bag full of apples.

 

 

“I guess I was just tired.” Dara smiled as she looked at each and every one inside the room.

 

 

“Don’t tire yourself too much, Dara unnie.” Minzy said as she sat beside Dara at the bed and looked at her.

 

 

“Neh. Thank you for all your concern.” Dara said as she bowed lightly. And then she remembered something.

 

 

“Where’s Jaejoong?” Dara asked to Bom who is now sitting beside the maknae.

 

 

“He said that he has an urgent appointment he needed to attend.” Bom said as she just looked at Dara.

 

 

“Is that so?” Dara said in a small voice. She is very sure that she worried Jaejoong again.

 

 

“Get well soon, Dara-yah. You still have to record your single and shoot a commercial with Lee Minho.” YG said as he stepped out of Dara’s room together with the rest of the family.

 

 

The four girls who are left inside gaped with their mouths hanging wide open. Lee Minho?! The most sought-after bachelor in South Korea?! The flower boy?!

 

 

“You’re going to shoot a commercial with the actor Lee Minho?!” Bom said as her eyes were wide and twinkling with delight.

 

 

“I can’t even believe it!” Dara said as she sat at the bed and held Minzy’s shoulders.

 

 

“Omo, unnie! You’re dream of meeting your ideal guy has come true! And you’re even shooting a commercial with him!” CL said as happiness for their unnie is visible on her face.

 

 

“KYYYYAAAAAAHHHHH!” The four girls squealed with giddiness as they jumped up and down around the room besides Dara who has an IV tube connected in her hand. But nonetheless, they are all happy.