-19-

Too Late

 

CHAPTER 19

 

 

The girls are just hanging around their dorm. It was still their free and they don’t have anything to do. The four of them just sat at the couch and watched TV. Their doorbell rang. Minzy stood up from the couch and went towards the door. When she opened the door, an unfamiliar face welcomed her.

 

 

“Anneonghasseo, delivery for Ms. Park.” The guy said as he smiled at Minzy. Minzy looked at the delivery guy and went inside to get her Dara unnie.

 

 

“Dara unnie, someone at the door is looking for you.” Minzy said as she faced Dara and sat at the couch when Dara stood up and went to the door.

 

 

“Delivery for Ms. Park.” The delivery guy repeated when Dara came into his view. Dara smiled at him.

 

 

“I’m Ms. Park.” Dara said. The delivery guy got a long box and gave it to Dara. Dara looked at the box and was surprised to see a white long stemmed rose inside the box. She dazedly looked at the delivery guy but the latter just smiled at her.

 

 

“Just sign here.” The delivery guy said politely as he pointed at Dara where would she sign at the paper he is holding. Dara hesitantly signed and thanked the delivery guy before closing the door slightly and going back inside. But before she could inspect the box of rose to find a note or something that says who it was from, their door bell rang again. She turned her heels around and went back towards the door.

 

 

“Delivery for Ms. Park.” A different guy said as the door opened. Dara smiled and just nods her head. The delivery guy gave her the same box that was delivered to her just a while ago. She looked bewildered as she signed the papers. With two long boxes of rose in her hands, she went back at their living room. But before she can sit down on the couch, their door bell rang again. Bom’s eyebrow furrowed.

 

 

“Why does our door bell keep on ringing?” Bom asked. Dara just shrugged her shoulders and went back again towards the door. She placed down the two boxes of rose on their table and went to the door. When she opened the door, another uniformed man welcomed her as he gave her the same box. She smiled as she wondered what is happening. The minute she closed their door, the door bell rang again. Bom was irritated that their door bell keeps on ringing so she stood up and went towards the door. CL and Minzy followed Bom.

 

 

“Yah! What is happening?” Bom asked Dara when she saw that Dara is holding again a long box and is just standing just beside their door. Dara just shrugged her shoulders and their door bell rang again. Dara opened the door and she received the same item from different delivery guys. The delivery kept on coming. Dara counted the times their door bell rang. And after 100 long boxes of rose were delivered to her, she didn’t hear the door bell rang anymore. She sighed in relief and went to the table where she placed all the boxes.

 

 

“Who gave you this?” Bom motions her hands to all the boxes of rose on the table.

 

 

“I don’t know.” Dara said as she grabbed one box and opened it. The girls sat at the chairs and looked at what Dara is doing. Dara pulled out a note ad read it out loud.

 

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

 

Bom smiled secretly as she heard what Dara had read. She already has an idea where all these roses came from. Dara grabbed again another rose and pulled the note.

 

 

“I’m sorry.” Dara read again. Her eyebrows furrowed as she noticed that the note on the two roses held the same message. She grabbed again another box and the note says the same. She did the same thing all over again and stopped when there is just one box of rose that is left.

 

 

“Dara, what were the colors of the flowers you were supposed to have on your wedding day?” Bom asked.

 

 

“White roses.” Dara said simply. She is too preoccupied thinking why the sender of the roses kept on saying sorry to her for 99th times now. Bom’s eye widen after hearing what Dara had replied. Bom pushed the last box of rose in front of Dara and ushered her to open it.

 

 

“I bet that the note inside this box says the same message the other 99 has.” Dara said boringly as she started opening the box. Bom has a giddy smile plastered on her face as she waits for Dara to open the box. CL and Minzy just looked expectantly at Dara. Dara pulled out the note and gasp with what she saw.

 

 

“What does the note says, unnie?” Minzy asked.

 

 

“I’m sorry. I love you. –J” Dara read aloud. CL and Minzy have confusion written all over their faces as well as Dara’s. Bom’s smile widens when Dara read the last note.

 

 

“Who sent me these roses?” Dara asked to herself. Bom looked disbelievingly at Dara.

 

 

“Unnie, I think you have a secret admirer.” CL said.

 

 

“And I think that your secret admirer’s name starts with letter ‘J’” Minzy said.

 

 

“No, that is not Dara’s secret admirer.” Bom said as her smile never fades. Dara looked confusingly at her.

 

 

“Then who sent this?” Dara said.

 

 

“Your ex-fiancé.” Bom said triumphantly.

 

 

“What?” Dara asked.

 

 

“Oh! Jiyong-oppa’s name starts with letter ‘J’!” Minzy stated the obvious. Bom rolled her eyes at Minzy.

 

 

“Why would Jiyong send me all these roses?” Dar asked.

 

 

“Maybe because he wants you back.” Bom said.

 

 

“I don’t believe you.” Dara said stubbornly. CL elbowed Dara on her shoulders and when Dara looked at her, CL is winking non stop at Dara.

 

 

“Come on, Dara. Who is this one guy who confessed that he loves you and he wants your wedding to be continued? Tell me.” Bom taunted Dara.

 

 

“Jiyong.” Dara whispered as she looked down on her lap. She fiddled on the hem of her blouse.

 

 

“See? There is no other man who will send you the same kind of flowers that you are supposed to use at your wedding with each note conveying the same message and that is saying I’m sorry.” Bom said as she waved her hands to emphasize her point. Minzy and CL nodded their heads in agreement. Dara bowed her head more as she accepted what her friends had said. She stood up from her seat and gathered all the box of roses in her hands and headed towards her room.

 

 

Once she was inside her room, she placed down all the box of roses in her bed and she sat at the edge of her bed. She stared at the boxes as her thoughts flew to the sender of those roses. She picked up one and read again the note that is attached to it. Then a smile slowly formed on her face.

 

 

___________________________________

 

 

 

“YG sajangnim is calling us again.” Seungri said as Bigbang members except Jiyong went towards their president’s office.

 

 

“Where is Jiyong?” Youngbae asked as he wrapped his arms around Daesung’s shoulders.

 

 

“I don’t know. I haven’t seen him since this morning.” TOP shrugged his shoulders.

 

 

When they opened the door, they all saw the senior men of YG Entertainment. They sat down at their usual spot.

 

 

“Another guy wants to date one of the members of 2NE1, eh?” Seven asked as he looked at each and every one of Bigbang members. They all nodded their head. It became their weekly routine to go to YG’s office and interview a guy who wants to date one of 2NE1 members. They all rolled their eyes and just waited for their sajangnim to arrive.

 

 

“You’re all here again and I know that you already have an idea why you all are here.” YG started. All the guys inside the room nodded their heads and anticipated who it is this time.

 

 

“Jiyong?” YG said and Jiyong emerged from YG’s private office. He then sat in front of all of them and smiled at them.

 

 

“Yah, hyung! Why are you sitting there?” Daesung asked as he pointed at Jiyong.

 

 

“You are supposed to sit here beside us, hyung.” Seungri said as he scratched his head.

 

 

“Jiyong wants to date one of 2NE1 members.” YG said. All their eyes went wide except for Youngbae. The latter smiled at Jiyong and held his two thumbs high. Seungri, Daesung and TOP looked confusingly at him. Youngbae just smiled at them and looked back again at Jiyong.

 

 

“You’re kidding us, right?” Seven asks.

 

 

“No, I’m not.” Jiyong replied.

 

 

“You don’t need to do this, Jiyong.” Sean said as he looked at the guy sitting in front of them.

 

 

“But I want to.” Jiyong replied again.

 

 

“Start your interview now.” YG said as he took his seat and just looked at his artists.

 

 

“You know you’ve hurt her, right?” TOP started.

 

 

“Yes. And I’ve regretted that.” Jiyong said as he looked straight in TOP’s eyes. TOP saw the determination in Jiyong’s eyes and he can’t do anything but nod his head.

 

 

“It’s hard to earn her trust again.” Seven said.

 

 

“I know. And I will do anything to earn her trust again. Even if it cost my career, I will do it.” Jiyong said confidently.

 

 

“You’re willing to give up you’re career just for Dara noona, hyung?” Seungri asked with his wide eyes.

 

 

“Yes.” Jiyong replied in a heartbeat.

 

 

“You can’t turn back time, Jiyong.” Jinu said.

 

 

“I know that also. I know I’ve hurt her before and there’s nothing I can do to erase that. But there is something I can do to let her forget the pain she experienced.” Jiyong said as he looked at them.

 

 

“Why are you doing this, Jiyong?” TOP asked him. Jiyong looked straight in his eyes and said:

 

 

“I love her, hyung.”

 

 

All of them gasp as they saw that Jiyong’s eyes turned misty. He is serious. They all thought.

 

 

“You’re a little too late for that.” Seven said.

 

 

“I know.” Jiyong said in a defeated tone as he bowed his head and secretly wiped a single tear that escaped his eyes.

 

 

“But I know you can do everything to make her love you again.” Youngbae said as he encourages his friend. Jiyong looked up and smiled at him.

 

 

“We won’t back you up in this, Jiyong. We love you but we love Dara as well. It’s time that you stand on our own and prove to her how much you love her.” Jinu said. Jiyong continuously nodded his head and smiled at Jinu.

 

 

“I’m planning on doing that, hyung. I won’t stop until I make her fall in love with me again. And when that happens, I will never hurt her ever again.” Jiyong said. They all just nodded their heads and smiled at him. The Bigbang members looked so proud of their leader because this is by far the best decision he has ever done.

 

 

When they are dismissed, they all stood up and went to Jiyong’s side one by one. They patted Jiyong’s shoulder and smiled warmly at him. Jiyong replied with a smiled and thanked each and every one of them. When all of them are gone, YG and Jiyong are the only ones that are left inside the room. They just stayed silent as YG stared at Jiyong for a long time.

 

 

“Are you sure about this, Jiyong?” YG asked him.

 

 

“Yes, hyung.” Jiyong replied.

 

 

“Okay.” YG said. Jiyong’s eye widen when YG already said ‘yes’ at the first question.

 

 

“Why are you agreeing already, hyung? Don’t you have anymore questions to ask me?” Jiyong asked him. YG just shook his head and smiled at him. “Why?” Jiyong asked.

 

 

“I agreed already not because you are my talent but because I have trust in you that you will never hurt Dara again. I’ve seen you grow up and I can read you like an open book. I know you’ve been in love with Dara for a long time. Even before you both got engaged. But you were blinded at your thought that you already have a girlfriend that you never consider your feelings for Dara. So now, do what a man is supposed to do. Fight for her love. Make her love you again. Earn her trust again. But bear in your mind that if you fail, it is no one’s fault but you.” YG said as he pointed his fingers at Jiyong. Jiyong cannot do everything aside from nodding his head. He is speechless at what he just heard from YG. He stood up from his seat with a smile on his face and bowed down at YG.

 

 

He headed towards the door and went out. It is time to set his plans into actions.

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Author's Note: I'm spoiling you too much now. :) Till my next update! :*