-25-

Too Late

 

Dara went back to their dorm when she walked out from the café. She ran and never minded the people who are giving her stares. As soon as she got to their dorm, she immediately went to her room and locked the door. The first thing that welcomed her is the sight of the withered roses on her table. She never threw those away even though it is now withered. She sobs more as she jumped to her bed and threw her face on the pillow.

 

 

She was close in saying ‘yes’ to Jiyong earlier when he asked her to marry him. But she got scared. She wanted to hug him and kiss him full when she saw the tears the fall from his eyes but she hesitated. The overwhelming love flow in her heart but she decided to turn around and walk away from him. She doesn’t know if what she did is right but she chose to run away without thinking about it first.

 

 

She sobs more and closed her eyes. Then memories of him and her came rushing back to her. How she felt happy when he held her hands. How her heart would miss one beat when he would look intently at her. How her cheeks would color red whenever he would smile at her. And how her heart soars when he kissed her that night. She closed her eyes tightly as tears continuously fall from her eyes. She didn’t even notice it and she succumbed to sleep.

 

 

The time she fluttered her eyes open, she looked at her bedside table and looked at the clock. She gasps when she saw that it was already nine in the evening. She got up and her eyes landed on the roses on her table. She shifted her gaze away when she felt another set of tears are about to fall from her eyes. She is so tired crying. She went to her door and opened it. She went to the living room and saw the girls sitting on the couch watching TV. Bom looked at her with her eyes filled with worry. Dara just smiled at her reassuringly. She then went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. She heard her phone rang and she walked towards her room to get her phone.

 

 

“Yeoboseo?” Dara answered.

 

 

“Hey, are you alright?” Dara recognized Jaejoong’s voice on the other line.

 

 

“Of course, I’m alright. I’m fine.” She said.

 

 

“Don’t lie to me, Dara. I know what happened earlier.” Jaejoong said in an authoritative voice.

 

 

“How did you know?” Dara asked.

 

 

“It doesn’t matter how did I knew that. So I’m asking you again, are you alright?” Jaejoong said. Dara clasped with her hands to stifle her sobs. She cried when Jaejoong asked her if she was okay. She is far from okay. She needed someone. And she can’t call Bom now. She has burden Bom for so long in her problems.

 

 

“I-I’m not.” Dara whispered.

 

 

“Wait for me. I’ll be there in a minute.”

 

 

“W-Wait! Let’s just meet outside.” Dara suggested.

 

 

“Are you sure?”

 

 

“Yeah. Let’s just meet at Han River.” Dara said as she ended the call. She got her coat from the coat hanger and went outside her room.

 

 

“You’re going outside, unnie?” Minzy asked her when Minzy saw that she is holding her coat. Dara just nodded at the maknae and smiled at her. She looked at Bom and saw that she is questioning her. Dara smiled at her.

 

 

“I’ll just be in the Han River with Jaejoong.” Dara said. Reassuring them that she have someone to accompany her. The girls all sighed in relief and focused their attention on the TV again.

 

 

__________________________________________

 

 

“Tell me what happened.” Jaejoong said as they both sat at the bench on the Han River. Dara looked at him and smiled before opening and started talking.

 

 

“I ran away.” Dara said as she ended her story. She sighed deep as tears are threatening to fall again. She shifted her gaze at the sky and smiled when she saw that many stars decided to accompany her tonight. She never looked at elsewhere. Jaejoong looked at Dara and saw that there is something in her eyes that he cannot pin point. He looked around the Han River and saw that there are just few people walking around. He looked back at Dara and saw the single tear that escaped her eyes.

 

 

He held Dara’s chin and forced her to look at him. When their eyes met, Dara’s eyes became blurry. She prevents her tears from falling down. She doesn’t want to cry anymore. She bit her lower lip as she tries to pull away from Jaejoong’s grip and looked away from him.

 

 

“I’m just here.” Jaejoong said before bringing Dara close to him. He buried Dara’s head in his chest. And just after a while, he felt Dara’s shoulders shake and her sobs reaching his ears. He just let Dara cry her eyes out. She needed to empty that feeling in her chest and he is helping her.

 

 

It was in a while when Dara stopped crying, Jaejoong Dara’s hair as he just stayed quite. When Dara lifted her head up and looked at him, she flashed a smile at him. Jaejoong smiled back.

 

 

“Can I ask you a question?” Jaejoong asked. Dara looked questioningly at him but she nodded her head.

 

 

“Do you feel ay regret?” Jaejoong asked.

 

 

“What? Regret? About what?” Dara asked.

 

 

“Do you feel any regret of not saying ‘yes’ to Jiyong’s question?”

 

 

Dara cannot open her eyes. She looked at the river and sighed deep. The moment she ran away from the café, the pain she felt was becoming more and more intense. When she walked away from Jiyong, she felt that a big part of her is not with her anymore. She doesn’t know how to answer Jaejoong’s question so she just stayed quite.

 

 

“You should think about what you truly want, Dara. You should decide now before it’s too late. The moment he will give up on you is the moment the chance of you two being together is the end. The sacrifices and efforts he has shown you is enough proof that he loves you and will not hurt you anymore.” Jaejoong said. Dara looked at him and saw that he is smiling at her. She smiled back at him before hugging him tight.

 

 

“Thank you, Jae.” Dara whispered.

 

 

____________________________________________

 

 

 

Jiyong decided to walk through the Han River and clear his head off of many things. The members insisted that they should come with him but he strongly refused.

 

 

He looked up at the sky and smiled as he saw many stars. He remembered Dara. He knows that her name’s meaning in different language is star. He stretched his hand upwards and imagined getting a star from the sky. He looks silly now. He laughed at himself. He clutched on his chest as he continued walking with his head still tilted upward.

 

 

When he bent his head down, what he saw made his heart even more broken than it already is. A tear immediately roll from his eyes. The grip on his chest became tighter as pain shot in. He wanted to run to them and tore her away from his hug. But then he can’t do that, for she doesn’t belong to him and she never will be. He turned his heels around and walked away with tears falling from his eyes. He looked back and glanced one last time at Dara and Jaejoong’s hugging figure before walking slowly back to their dorm.

 

 

Maybe the reason why Dara turned him down is because she doesn’t love him anymore. Because she already has someone she loves and loves her back. He punched his chest again as tears continuously roll from his eyes.

 

 

“I’ll never stop loving you, Dara. But I give up now. I’m happy as long as you’re happy.” Jiyong thought.

 

 

 

_________________________________________

 

 

 

Dara went home with smile on her face. When Bom saw her, she immediately went to her side.

 

 

“What happened to you?” Bom asked her. The maknaes are already sleeping for they still have an appointment tomorrow morning with YG.

 

 

“I just cleared my head.” Dara replied happily.

 

 

“And?” Bom asked.

 

 

“And I’ve thought it through that I cannot live without Jiyong. No matter how much he has hurt me, he is still the only one who can make the pain go away. And I was so stupid not saying yes to him.” Dara said.

 

 

“Are you sure about that?” Bom asked but deep inside her, she is happy knowing that Dara has made the right decision.

 

 

“One hundred and one percent sure.” Dara smiled and nodded her head. Bom smiled at her.

 

 

“Go tell him now! Go! Go!” Bom urged her.

 

 

“I’ll tell him tomorrow. We still have an appointment tomorrow morning and we have to rest.” Dara laughed at Bom before going to her room. She lied on her bed and smiled before going to sleep. The last thing on her mind is that everything will be alright tomorrow.

 

 

__________________________________

 

 

 

“You will all be busy these coming months. You have a recording for your new album and you have to prepare for your comeback.” YG said as the four girls nodded their heads.

 

 

“Sajangnim, does this means that we will be promoting our album at the same time with our Bigbang oppas? They will be promoting their newest album, right?” CL asked.

 

 

“The promotion of Bigbang’s new album is postponed. I still don’t know when it will resume.” YG said as he looked at Dara.

 

 

“Why?” Bom asked.

 

 

“Jiyong came to me last night and requested for an indefinite vacation. I agreed.” YG said. Dara’s eyes widen as Bom looked at her direction.

 

 

“What is his reason, sajangnim?” Dara asked YG.

 

 

“I don’t know. But I sensed desperation that’s why I agreed to his vacation.” YG said.

 

 

“Where is he?” Dar asked to herself but YG heard her.

 

 

“He called his manager late at night and told him to book him a flight to London. His manager has mentioned to me a while ago that Jiyong’s flight will be at two in the afternoon.” YG said and before he could continue, Dara stood up from her seat and run away from YG’s office. YG and the girls called out her name but she didn’t look back. All she knows is that she has to get Jiyong fast. She can’t stand to be away from him anymore. She has been away from him for a long time.

 

 

She first went to Teddy’s studio but she found nothing. She then went to Jiyong’s studio but she found none. She went to the gym, the cafeteria, etc.. She has roamed YG Building but she still hasn’t found Jiyong. She was about to go outside and go to her car and drove to the airport when she remembered that there is one place in YG Building that she hasn’t gone to yet. She ran to the elevator and went to the rooftop.

 

 

She stopped just in front of the rooftop’s door and panted. Her heart beat went fast as she held the door knob and turned it. She opened the door and stepped inside. Her heart leap and she smiled when she saw Jiyong’s back facing her. She walked towards him with a smile on her face. She stopped when she was just two steps away from him.

 

 

“Why, Jiyong?” Dara asked. Jiyong was startled hearing her voice. He turned his head around and saw Dara with a beautiful smile on her face. “She must be happy now.” Jiyong thought to himself.

 

 

“Wh—Ah. About yesterday.” Jiyong said and guessed that Dara maybe asking him why he did what he did yesterday.

 

 

“I just wanted to prove myself to you. I just wanted to prove to you how much I love you.” Jiyong said.

 

 

“You’ve proven yourself enough.” Dara said.

 

 

“But that didn’t make you change your mind.” Jiyong wanted to say but he stopped himself. He doesn’t want to hurt Dara anymore.

 

 

“Why, Jiyong?” Dara asked again.

 

 

“Haven’t I answered that?” Jiyong thought to himself. He faced Dara and saw the anticipation in her eyes. He grabbed her hand and held it tightly.

 

 

“I know I’ve you hurt, Dara. And I don’t want to repeat that again. I’ve caused you so many heartaches. I’ve made thousand tears, or even more, roll out from your eyes. I don’t want to happen again. Seeing you cry is torture to me. Seeing you in pain also bring me pain. I have to leave and have a vacation to clear my head off. I want to see you happy but seeing you happy in other man’s warmth is death for me. I have to forget about you for the pain I’m feeling inside my chest is unbearable. But even if I forget about you, my heart will still beat for you. I will and can never love anyone else aside from you. You’re the only girl for me. But I’m afraid that you have someone else in mind that only deserves you. I’m sorry and I love you.” Jiyong said. Tears are steaming down his face but he didn’t mind it. He held Dara’s nape and bring her closer to him.

 

 

“I’ll love you forever.” Jiyong whispered when their faces are just inch apart before crashing his lips on her. Dara closed her eyes and felt that her heart beats happily inside her chest. She wrapped her arms on Jiyong’s neck as the latter deepened their kiss. Dara felt something wet at her cheeks but she doesn’t care. All she knows is that Jiyong is the only one for her.

 

 

When they parted, Dara looked at him and was surprised to see tears on his cheeks. She was still on cloud nine when Jiyong turned around and went to the door. She just stayed on her spot, still processing what Jiyong had said before kissing her. It was after a while when she snapped back on reality. Her eyes widen as she looked at the door. She immediately ran and went outside. She saw Jiyong’s back walking away from her. She ran and ran towards him.

 

 

“JIYONG!” Dara shouted when Jiyong was about to step inside the elevator. Jiyong turned his head around and saw that Dara is running towards him. He stopped his tracks and waited for Dara to reach him.

 

 

Dara bowed her head and put her hands on her knees when she got to Jiyong’s side.

 

 

“Why?” Dara asked breathlessly. She is still bowed down.

 

 

“I’ve already answ—“

 

 

“Why are you leaving me when I’m ready to take you back?” Dara cuts his sentence off. Jiyong’s eye widen when she heard what Dara said. He was about to open his mouth and asked her why but she talked.

 

 

“Why do you want to forget me when I can’t even sleep at night without thinking about you? Why do you want to leave when I can’t even stand another second without feeling you near me? Why do I love you this much, Jiyong?” Dara said as she sobbed. She covered eyes with her hands.

 

 

The next thing she knew, her face were being buried at Jiyong’s chest. She sobbed more. Jiyong her hair.

 

 

“I’m sorry. I won’t leave you. I love you, Dara.” Jiyong said as the happiness he is feeling is indescribable.

 

 

“Don’t leave me, Jiyong. I won’t be able to live if you’re not beside me.” Dara pleaded.

 

 

“I’ll never leave you, Dara.” Jiyong said. Dara stopped crying. She pulled away from their hug and looked up at him. She saw that Jiyong is smiling at her. She cupped his face with her hands as she looked lovingly at him.

 

 

“Will you marry me?” Jiyong asked her.

 

 

“I thought you’ll never ask.” Dara said as she smiled before throwing herself at Jiyong again. Jiyong gladly hugged her and smiled. He then pulled Dara slightly to face him. He crashed his lips on hers as they both felt the same.

 

 

The love overflows from their hearts. They know now that they belonged to each other’s arms. And no one can break them apart.

 

 

When they finished cherishing their kiss, they both pulled back and looked at each other’s eyes. Jiyong got something in his pocket and when Dara saw it, she gasped. She saw a diamond engagement ring. Jiyong slid the ring on Dara’s finger and smiled. Dara inspected the ring and thought that it looks perfect on her fnger.

 

 

“I love you.” Dara said.

 

 

“I love you.” Jiyong said before kissing Dara’s lips again. They both knew that this is forever.

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

Author's Note : Epilogue on the next chapter! :)