-13-

Too Late

 

Thanks to ashyrt0295 for making me a banner! :)

 

 

 

 

Jiyong went back to the club after dropping Yoona in their dorm. He dialed Dara’s phone numerous times but she didn’t pick up. When he entered the club, he immediately went to where Dara is sitting a while ago but he saw nothing. He furrowed his eyebrows and roamed his eyes around the club hoping to find Dara. He looked back again at the table and saw Dara’s thing on the table. He muttered curses as he collected Dara’s things and headed straight to the door.

 

 

When he was just about to go out of the door, a waiter walked back in and when the waiter saw Jiyong, he looked at him and shook his head in disbelief.

 

 

“You shouldn’t have left her, Mr. Kwon.” The waiter said. Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows and looked confusingly at the waiter.

 

 

“Ms. Park rushed outside to follow you when you went out with Ms. Yoona. When I went outside to check on her, she was walking aimlessly through the rain. I was calling her name but she didn’t turn around.” The waiter said as he walked pass Jiyong. Jiyong stood immobile on his spot. Colors were drained from his face when he heard what the waiter had said. He quickly composed himself and ran to his car. He drove slowly hoping to find Dara somewhere.

 

 

“! Where are you, Dara?” Jiyong exclaimed when after ten minutes of driving, he still hasn’t found any trace of her. He continued driving when his eyes widen at what he saw. He squinted his eyes to see better and gasps.

 

 

He saw Jaejoong’s black Jaguar drove past his car in a speed of light. He didn’t get to see his passenger for it was dark and was raining heavily. He continued driving and gave up after two hours. He went straight home hoping that Dara is already there.

 

 

“Dara?” Jiyong called out as soon as he entered their house but he was greeted by silence. He sat at the couch and waited for Dara. After of an hour sitting, he expelled a breath and stood up. He then paced back and forth wondering where the hell is Dara. He looked at their landline phone and a thought crossed his mind. He ran to the phone and dialed a number.

 

 

“Yeobosseo?” Jiyong recognized Minzy’s voice.

 

 

“Minzy-ah. Is Dara there?” Jiyong asked.

 

 

“Aniyo. She is not here, oppa.” Minzy replied.

 

 

“Is that so? Uhhhm. Thank you.” Jiyong said as he ended the call.

 

 

He sat again at the couch and waited for her. He looked at the clock and his fist clenched when he saw that it was already midnight. He racks his hair in annoyance as he worried where Dara is. He lied on the couch as tiredness started to engulf him. He was thinking of Dara when his eyes slowly closed.

 

 

__________________________________________________

 

 

 

“What are you doing in the middle of the road, Dara?” Jaejoong asked when he entered his guest room and saw Dara lying in the bed with her eyes on the ceiling. Dara requested if she could sleep in Jaejoong’s house and Jaejoong, though confused, agreed and let her occupy his guest room.

 

 

“I lost, Jae.” Dara said brokenly as she shifted her gaze away from the ceiling to Jaejoong.

 

 

“Have you been into a game recently?” Jaejoong asked. Clueless at what she is talking about.

 

 

“I lost Jiyong.” Dara said then fresh sets of tears formed in her eyes. She just let the tears roll out from her eyes effortlessly for she is so tired already.

 

 

“What are you saying about?” Jaejoong went closer to her and hugged her tight. Dara sobbed more feeling Jaejoong’s hug on her tighten. Dara then said to Jaejoong about the bet and what happened at the club. After hearing her story, Dara’s tears became uncontrollable and Jaejoong’s fist curled in a tight ball. Hating Kwon Jiyong for hurting Dara like this.

 

 

“I’m backing out of the wedding.” Dara said between her sobs. Jaejoong just nodded his head thinking that Dara has made the right decision.

 

 

_______________________________________________

 

 

“Where is Dara, Jiyong?” Mrs. Kwon asked as they waited at the cathedral where their wedding rehearsal would take place.

 

 

“I don’t know ei—“ Jiyong stops in midsentence when he saw Dara walking towards her mother. He sighed in relief. He was about to walk towards her but stopped when he saw that Dara is walking towards the glass podium set up just beside the altar. He just stared at her.

 

 

“I.. uhmmm.” Dara cleared .

 

 

“First, I wanted to thank all of those who came in spite that this is just a rehearsal. But I wanted to say sorry.” Dara said as she bowed her head. Jiyong’s eyebrow furrowed as he anticipates what Dara will have to say. Murmurs filled the cathedral as the press tried to think why Dara is saying sorry.

 

 

“I’m afraid that there would be no wedding that will happen in two days.” Dara said as she stepped out of the podium and ran away from the cathedral.

 

 

Jiyong stayed rooted on his spot when he heard Dara. He felt a pinch in his heart when he heard that Dara backed out from their wedding. He wanted to run after her and asked her why she did that but a part of him says that this is what he wanted from the very beginning. His mother looked at him as if asking him what had happened and he just shrugged his shoulders telling her that he doesn’t know.

 

 

He saw that the Parks went inside their car together with Dara and they drove off. Chaos erupted inside the cathedral as reporters gathered around Jiyong and asked him questions that he can’t understand for they are throwing the questions at him continuously. Not long after, his bodyguards came into view and surrounded him as he walked away from the reporters.

 

 

Once he was sated on their car. His mother started asking him what had happened.

 

 

“I can’t believe this! What did you do?!” Mrs. Kwon asked her son as they sat at their car. Mr. Kwon stayed quiet as he inspected his son.

 

 

“I didn’t do anything, mom.” Jiyong said.

 

 

“Then why did Dara backed out from your wedding?!” Mrs. Kwon hysterically asked.

 

 

“I don’t know.” Jiyong said as he leaned back and covers his face with his hands.

 

 

“We should talk to the Parks and settle what the problem is.” Mr. Kwon said as he commanded the driver to take them home.

 

 

_______________________________________________

 

 

“Dara, open up. It’s you’re omma.” Mrs. Park said as she knocked slightly at her daughters’ room. After three knocks, Dara’s door opened and Mrs. Park lets herself in and smiled at her daughter before sitting at the edge of her bed, facing her.

 

 

“Tell me what happened, dear.” Mrs. Park was about to scold her daughter for doing what she did earlier but when she saw the pain and vulnerability in her daughters’ eyes, her earlier plans crumbled. She saw that Dara hesitated so she smiled and showed to her daughter that she can tell her everything. Mrs. Park was surprised when Dara enveloped her in a tight hug and cried.

 

 

“Shhhh. Omma’s here, Dara. Omma’s here.” Mrs. Park consoled her crying daughter and patted her head. Dara continued to cry as her mother shuts her eyes for she can’t stand hearing her daughter’s painful cries.

 

 

“Tell me what happened, Dara. I won’t get mad at you.” Mrs. Park encouraged her daughter. Dara looked up at her mother and looked in her eyes. All her doubts were washed away when she saw the love in her mothers’ eye and nothing else.

 

 

“I’m so tired, omma.” Dara said.

 

 

“Tired of what, dear?”

 

 

“I’m tired of waiting when will Jiyong learn to love me. I’m tired of loving him. I wanted to give up now, omma. I don’t want to feel pain anymore. I wanted to just have happiness. I’m so tired. I’m so tired.” Dara repeated over and over again and she sobs again. She buried her ace in her palms as her mother just watched her and that was when Mrs. Park decided that this will be the end of her daughter’s sufferings.

 

 

“Go take a rest now, Dara. Omma will take care of everything. I will not let you feel pain anymore.” Mrs. Park kissed the top of Dara’s head and stood up and headed outside Dara’s room.

 

 

Mrs. Park then went to her husband’s office and talks him out of the engagement. If she has to beg, she will. So her daughter wouldn’t feel pain anymore.

 

 

_____________________________________________

 

 

“I think this is the right thing to do.” Mrs. Park said as both Dara and Jiyong’s parents gather in a private restaurant and talks about the matter between Dara and Jiyong.

 

 

“Is Dara okay?” Mrs. Kwon asked as she looked at her friend for a long time.

 

 

“Yes. She is just tired of so many things.” Mrs. Park said as the thoughts of her daughter crying clouded her mind.

 

 

“I think we should do the right thing now. This setting is just hurting the both of them.” Mr. Park said.

 

 

“Yes. We were wrong when we thought that they are really made for each other.” Mr. Kwon agreed.

 

 

_______________________________________________

 

 

 

“What did they say?” Jiyong asked his parents as soon as they entered their house.

 

 

“The wedding is off.” Mrs. Kwon said.

 

 

“What?! I thought you’re going to fix what the problem is?” Jiyong looked at his parents disbelievingly.

 

 

“Yes. And we are fixing the problem by calling the wedding off.” Mr. Kwon said.

 

 

“What did the Parks said about this?” Jiyong continued to ask. He can’t believe that he won’t be married to Dara anymore.

 

 

“They are the one who requested the wedding off.” Mrs. Kwon replied before walking towards the stairs. She can’t help but to be weak knowing that she won’t have Dara as her daughter-in-law. But she has to accept it for she knows that Dara is hurting.

 

 

On the other side, Jiyong just stared blankly ahead of him as unfamiliar feelings invade his heart. He sighed deeply as thought of Dara flooded his mind. He doesn’t know when it started but lately, he has been thinking about Dara a lot. And he seems to fully agree on the wedding when on the first, he hated it. He doesn’t know what had come to him but he envisions his married life with Dara. But that won’t happen anymore. Because Dara backed out from the wedding just two days before it happened.

 

 

“You should’ve said you love her.” He turned his head around and saw his sister, Dami, walked up to him and stood beside him.

 

 

“What are you talking about, noona?” Jiyong stared again ahead of him.

 

 

“You’re falling for her. But you’re too stubborn to see it.”

 

 

“Stop talking nonsense, noona. I haven’t fallen for Dara.” Jiyong insisted.

 

 

“Believe what you want to believe. Just bear in your mind that you can’t do anything now for she was the one who called it off.” Dami turned and started walking towards the stairs to her bedroom. Jiyong was left standing in the middle of their house and in deep thoughts.

 

 

“I haven’t fallen for her, have I?” Jiyong asked himself as images of Dara floated around his head.

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------

I'M BACK!