-11-

Too Late

 

“Which flowers do you prefer, Dara?” Mrs. Park asked her daughter as they were roaming around a flower shop hoping to find what flower Dara wants in her wedding.

 

 

“I think the white roses are amazing, omma.” Dara said as she smiled sweetly at her mother.

 

 

“We’ll take the white ones.” Mrs. Park said to the clerk while pointing at the neatly arranged white roses on the stall.

 

 

“I can’t believe that you’ll be married soon, Dara.” Mrs. Park said as she held her daughter’s hand as they went to the cashier and ordered many more of the white roses for Dara and Jiyong’s upcoming wedding.

 

 

“I can’t believe it either, omma.” Dara said as she looked at the flowers on the table.

 

 

“Dara, can you be honest with me?” Mrs. Park suddenly asked out of the blue. Dara turned to face her mother as confusion is written all over her eyes.

 

 

“I’m always honest with you, omma.” Dara said.

 

 

“Well, I just wanted to make sure that whatever your answer to my question may be is the truth.” Mrs. Park said as she held again the hands of her daughter.

 

 

“What is it, omma?” Dara urged her mother.

 

 

“Are you in love with Jiyong?” Mrs. Park asked as she looked straight in her daughter’s eye.

 

 

“W-What made you ask that, omma?” Dara asked as she shifted her gaze away from her mother.

 

 

“Just answer me, darling.” Mrs. Park held Dara’s chin and turned Dara’s head facing her.

 

 

“Yes.” Dara said in a small voice as she nodded her head. Mrs. Park smiled in contentment as she sighed.

 

 

“Why did you ask, omma?” Dara suddenly got curious.

 

 

“I just don’t want to feel guilty because you married the guy you don’t love because of us.” Mrs. Park replied.

 

 

“Don’t worry, omma. I love Jiyong very much. And I won’t regret obeying you in marrying him.” Dara said as she warmly smiles at her mother.

 

 

____________________________________________

 

 

“Oppa, you never said to me that you are living together with your fiancé in one roof.” Yoona whined as they just cuddled on Jiyong’s Bentely.

 

 

“It slipped my mind.” Jiyong said with a boring tone.

 

 

“Are you okay, oppa?” Yoona asked as she looked up at Jiyong and caressed his face.

 

 

“Yeah. Just tired with all the recording and stuff.” Jiyong sighed.

 

 

“Oppa, can you promise me one thing?” Yoona asked. Jiyong looked down at her with a furrowed eyebrow.

 

 

“What is it?” Jiyong asked.

 

 

“Can you promise to not to fall in love with Dara.” Yoona pleaded as she waited for Jiyong’s answer.

 

 

“Yeah.” Jiyong said as he looked outside his car’s window and sighed again. Yoona, on the other hand, pouted her lips for she didn’t like what Jiyong had answered.

 

 

“Let’s get you home now.” Jiyong said as he pushed Yoona off his chest lightly as he started the engine.

 

 

__________________________________________

 

 

“DARA!” Jiyong unconsciously called out Dara’s name when he opened the door of their house. Lately, he has been chilling around their house and he doesn’t crash in Bigbang’s apartment anymore. He doesn’t mind Dara being with him. There was even a time that the both of them watched TV as they sat at the couch.

 

 

His eyebrows knitted when he doesn’t heard her voice responding to his call. He went upstairs and checked her room to see if she was there and found nothing. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed Dara’s number. He waited and waited and Dara picked up the phone after five rings.

 

 

“Where are you?” He asked then he noticed the loud music on the background. They don’t have any rehearsal today so why is there a loud music at the background? He thought to himself.

 

 

“I’m at JYJ’s concert. I’m sorry I haven’t told you about this. I’m with the girls.” Dara said loudly on the other line so that he could hear her.

 

 

“WHAT?! You’re at JYJ’s concert?! Why are you there?! You are supposed to pick out flowers for our wedding!” Jiyong exclaimed as he racked his hair in annoyance.

 

 

“I’ve done that already with omma. I’m sorry, Jiyong but I can’t hear you clearly. I’ll hang up now.” Dara said as the line went dead. Jiyong looked incredulously at hi phone. What is she doing in that concert?! Jiyong asked furiously as he threw his phone on the couch. He then went to couch and sat there and turned the TV on.

 

 

“Who is your ideal girl?” The MC asked their guest.

“There is someone who caught my attention recently. She just debuted. Sandara Park of 2NE1.” Minhwan of FT Island said with a giddy smile on his face.

“Why don’t you send her a message in case she is watching now?” The MC encouraged Minhwan. The camera zoomed in on Minhwan’s face as the latter blushed slightly.

“Uhhm. Dara noona, I’m Choi Minhwan of FT Island, I saw your newest MV and you are very beautiful there. If you have time, I would like to have a tea with you.” Minhwan said then he made a heart using his hands and smiled at the camera.

 

 

“The hell you will! I will never let you have a tea with my fiancé!” Jiyong said furiously while throwing daggers on the TV screen. He then reached for the remote control and changed the channel.

 

 

“Let’s see you will he choose now.”  The MC said as the camera showed Park Haejin’s face. Then the picture of Seo Yuhee of Wondergirls and Dara’s picture was flashed on the side of the TV screen. This is apparently a variety show where an idol will pick who is their ideal type between two girls. Jiyong smirked as he confidently thought that no way in hell that Park Haejin would pick Dara because she is just new to the industry. Besides, Yuhee is everything an idol could dream of.

 

 

But much to his dismay, Park Haejin pushed the button and Dara’s picture widens and was centered on the TV screen. Signalizing that Park Haejin chose Dara as his ideal girl instead of Seo Yuhee. His eyes widen as his mouth hanged open. WHAT THE?! The grabbed the remote again and flipped the channel.

 

 

“~Namimimimi~” 2NE1’s song is in the background as 2PM dance crazily inside their van. Wooyoung is clearly seen on the TV screen together with Teacyon. Jiyong smirked as he recalled how Wooyoung looked like when he didn’t let him go on a date with Dara. That’s what you get for trying to take my fiancé out on a date, bastard. Jiyong thought to himself as he smirked at the TV screen before changing the channel again.

 

 

“Dara of 2NE1.”  Kevin said. Jiyong’s fist cleanced as another idol claimed Dara as their ideal girl. Then one by one, all the U-KISS members said that they have the same ideal girl as Kevin. ! Now, she has an entire U-KISS members on her list of fanboys?! What The ?! She is not the only member of 2NE1, you know?! There is Bom who have legs that are to-die-for. Chaerin who’s charisma flows out effortlessly every time she gets on stage. And there is Minzy who can blow up anyone’s mind with just a single wave of her body. Why her?! Jiyong thought angrily and was ready to hunt all Dara’s fanboys and hide them in a sack and throw it to the Han River.

 

 

He was busy intricating plans inside his mind on how to make all fanboys of Dara to disappear that he didn’t notice the door opened. Dara looked at the living room and saw that Jiyong is sitting on the couch and seems to be in deep thinking. She tiptoed her way on the living room and sat beside Jiyong. She heard him mutter something like ‘fanboys’ ‘disappear’ ‘kill’ and something more.

 

 

“Yah!” Dara said as she tapped Jiyong’s shoulders. Jiyong snapped out of reverie and looked at Dara. He then pointed a finger in her face and glared at her.

 

 

“You! Why are you being cute whenever you get on stage?!  Why are you not covering you face whenever you perform?! Where is Yanggen?! I need to tell him what you should wear during broadcast!” Jiyong said as his eyebrows formed a straight line. Dara giggled at the sight of Jiyong and just let him be. She stood up from the couch and was about to go to her room when Jiyong talked.

 

 

“Are the details of our wedding already finished?” Jiyong asked her. She smiled at him and nods her head. They will be married in two weeks! And good thing that Jiyong seems to have adjusted to the thought already.

 

 

“Good.” Jiyong said as Dara turned around and precede going to her room. Jiyong’s phone rang and he immediately looked for it on the couch.

 

 

“Oppa. You promised me! You promised me that you will never leave me! You promised!” Jiyong heard Yoona cried on the other line. Guilt suddenly came to him when he heard Yoona’s cries.

 

 

“I’ll never leave you, Yoona.” Jiyong said as he stared blankly ahead. “How could I hurt someone like Yoona? I’m such a jerk.” Jiyong thought to himself as he got his car keys and drove to his girlfriend, Yoona.

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Author's Note: I'll be gone for a week. I'm having my vacation and I'm afraid that I won't be able to update this story for a week. But I promise you that I'll update as many as I can once I get back. Please don't unsubcribe! Thank you and enjoy reading. :) (I'll try if I can update another chapter today. I'll just try.)