-16-

Too Late

 

After running away from the rooftop, Dara immediately went back to their dorm. After she opened the door, she ran towards her room and she unconsciously banged her door but she didn't mind. She jumped to her bed and cried her eyes out.

 

 

Bom, whose room is just next to Dara's, was startled when she heard the door banged. She got up from her bed and looked outside to see who entered. She was the only one left in their dorm for the maknaes have something scheduled for today. She was about to go back inside her room when she heard faint sobs coming from the other room. With creased eyebrows, she walked infront of Dara's room and pushed her ears closer to the door. Worried for Dara, she tried to push the door and and was surprised to know that it was open.

 

 

When she entered Dara's room, she Dara sprawled on her bed, face facing down, while sobs rang insise the room. She quickly went to her side and sat at the edge of her bed. She then rested her hands on Dara's back and just let her cry.

 

 

"What happened, Dara-yah?" Bom asked after a while. Dara pushed her head up and rolled over the bed. Bom saw the tear marks on her cheeks and she just smiled pitifully at her friend.

 

 

"I talked with him earlier." Dara started and Bom already knows who she is talking about. She just waited for Dara to continue. "He said he wanted to continue the wedding. He asked if I could change my mind about the wedding." Dara said as she looked at Bom.

 

 

"Why?" Bom asked as Dara sat and faced Bom.

 

 

"He said he loves me. He said that I am the only girl for her." Dara said in a tormented voice.

 

 

"What did you say?" Bom asked.

 

 

"I said that it was too late." Dara said. Bom smiled at her and was proud of what her friend did. She patted Dara's head and smiled at her.

 

 

"You did the right thing, Dara-ah." Bom said. Dara looked at her and confusion is written all over her face.

 

 

"I still don't know what happened why you backed out from the wedding, but I know that you were hurt badly. Because you're stupid enough to not let go of him even if he pushed you away from him. But you suddenly backed out. And you did the right thing in telling him that he was already too late. Let him realize what he was missing all his life. Let him realize tha he was wrong for hurting you. Let him regret everything he did to you." Bom said as she smiled again at Dara.

 

 

Dara hugged her as she smile in contentment.

 

 

"Thank you, Bommie." Dara said.

 

 

"Anything for you, Ssantokki." Bom smiled at her and accompanied Dara in her room.

 

 

______________________

 

 

"You still have to write one song for your album, Jiyong." YG said as he faced Jiyong.

 

 

"I'm working on it, hyung" Jiyong said as he avoided YG's stare. In fact, he hasn't started the song yet. He hasn't found any inspiration to write another song.

 

 

"Find someone who will feature in your album. Tell me who you chose by tomorrow." YG said as he went to his desk.

 

 

A thought suddenly crossed Jiyong's mind. His eyes widen as he smiled mischieviously at YG. "I already know who will feature in my album, hyung."

 

 

"Who?"

 

 

"Dara." Jiyong said in a heartbeat with a smile on his face. YG whipped his head towards Jiyong and looked at him as if he is speaking an alien language.

 

 

"What?!" YG said.

 

 

"I want Dara to feature in one of my songs." Jiyong said comfortably.

 

 

"Are you sure about that?" YG said him.

 

 

"As sure as I'm breathing." Jiyong replied.

 

 

"Why her?" YG asked again.

 

 

"Why not her, hyung? This solo album of mine is very important for me. And Dara is important to me as well. So I want her to feature in my album." Jiyong said while showing his goofy smile at YG.

 

 

"Okay. I'll ask her if she wants to do it." YG said while shaking his head.

 

 

"Kamsahamnida, hyung." Jiyong said excitedly as he stood up from the couch and walked away from YG's office. Lyrics inside his head kept on coming as he keeps in his mind that Dara will be featured in his first solo album.

 

 

________________________

 

 

"Jiyong requested you to be featured in his album." YG said when Dara sat at the couch and looked at her. Her eyes widen when she heard what YG had said. Why would Jiyong want for her to be featured in his solo album?

 

 

"Can I think about is first, sajangnim?" Dara saif hesistantly.

 

 

"Yeah. Just give me your answer before this day ends." YG said as he dismissed Dara. Dara walked out of YG's office and went straight to their dorm where Bom is waiting for her.

 

 

When she opened the door, she saw Bom sitting at the couch, watching TV while eating corn. She went straight to Bom's side and slumpled beside her.

 

 

"YG said that Jiyong wants me to be featured in his solo album." Dara said without looking at Bom. Her stare is focused on the TV screen which showed their recent performance in Inkigayo.

 

 

"What?! Why?" Bom looked at her immediately.

 

 

"I don't know." Dara shrugged her shoulders.

 

 

"What did you say? When will you start your recording? What is the title of the song?" Bom asked her continously.

 

 

"I said that I'll think about it." Dara said.

 

 

"What?" Bom looked at her incredibously.

 

 

"What should I do, Bommie?" Dara looked at Bom with puppy eyes. Bom smiled at Dara's cuteness.

 

 

"Do the recording with him." Bom said simply.

 

 

"But I don't think I can work with him yet." Dara said.

 

 

"Let him see that you've already moved on and you can now work confidently when he's around. Let him see that you are not affected by him anymore." Bom said as she rested her hand on Dara's shoulders. Dara nodded at her and smiled.

 

 

_________________________

 

 

An hour after her talk with Bom, she went again to YG's office and told him her decision. YG was hesistant at first but she said that she is really fine with it. She smiled sweetly at YG before going out of his office.

 

 

And a week later, the recording of their song started. She learned that the song will be called as 'Hello'. She liked the song because of its beat and most especially the meaning of the song. And she was shocked when she learned that Jiyong was the one who wrote all the lyrics in his song.

 

 

She was hanging around Teddy's studio with the girls. She is waiting for Jiyong to arrive so they can continue with their recording.

 

 

"How are you, noona?" Youngbae, who is sitting beside her, turned to her and smiled at her.

 

 

"I'm fine, Youngbae-ah." Dara smiled sweetly at him.

 

 

"So, I heard that you are gaining more fanboys as days pass by." Youngbae said.

 

 

"That's not true." Dara denied sweetly.

 

 

"And they even tugged you as the 'Goddess of 2NE1'" Youngbae said. Dara just laughed at him and they were both laughung their hearts out when Jiyong suddenly came in.

 

 

"Dara, come on." Jiyong said as he montions his head at the other recording room. Dara stood up from her seat and followed Jiyong.

 

 

 

When they were at the other recording room, Dara sat at the couch while Jiyong sat at the table infront of the couch. He faced Dara and smiled at her. Dara shifted her gaze away from Jiyong and stood up from her seat and went to Jinu's side. Jiyong's head bowed in defeat as he sighed. He clutched his chest as he felt pain. He turned around and just looked at Dara's back as she busied herself with Jinu.

 

 

________________________

 

 

After four days of recording, 'Hello' finished its preparation. When Jiyong heard the final song, he can't help but put a giddy smile on his face. The team who is incharge of his album jacket insisted that they should just put 'Dara' in the feautured instead of 'Sandara'. But Jiyong won't hear any of it.

 

 

When the full album was finished, Dara was given a copy. She hesitatnly accepted the album and when she opened the album, she was shocked to see that it was signed by Jiyong with a note on it.

 

 

"Thank you for being part of my album. Saranghae."

 

 

Dara ignored the note and placed the album in her vanity desk. She then smiled then went out of her room.

 

 

"Ready for your rehearsal?" Bom asked when she was getting her coat.

 

 

"Yeah." Dara said and smiled at Bom. "I'll be going now." Dara announced as she stepped out of their dorm.

 

 

 

When she got to the practice room, everyone was busy. She looked around and saw Youngbae sitting on the corner. She smiled to herself and went straight to Youngbae.

 

 

Jiyong noticed her and saw that smile that was plastered on her face; he followed her gaze and saw that she is looking at Youngbae. He clenched his fist as his jaw tightened. He felt jealousy creeping on him.

 

 

"Yah, Jiyong! Focus." Jaewook shouted when Jiyong missed a step in his dance steps.

 

 

"Mianhe." Jiyong bowed his head and continued the rehearsal. He just avoided looking at the corner where Dara and Youngbae are seated. He shouldn't feel jealous towards his best friend but he can't help it. 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

budi007 : and I am seriously loving you as well.. :)

MzAnna : I love you too! <3 haha.