-15-

Too Late

 

This chapter is inspired by Officially Missing You by Geeks

 

 

 

 

Jiyong immediately went home after their meeting with the whole YG family. He suddenly feels weak to the core knowing that Dara will be doing a series with the most sought-after bachelor in South Korea, Lee Minho. He slumped down on his couch and lied. His hands rested on his forehead while his oher hand is just simply on his side. He sighed.

 

 

neol gidarideon bamcheoreom

(The space between us is long and dark)

gilgo eodupdeon uri sai gongbaek

(Just like the nights I’ve waited for you)

ige kkeuchi anigil barae I wanna go back

(I hope this isn’t the end, I wanna go back)

neoga wonhadeon geo

(Things you wanted)

da gochin jigeumeya neon eodiro ganneunji

(I’ve fixed it all of it)

nan hollo nama lonely

(Where did you go, I’m all alone and lonely)

 

 

At the meeting earlier, he realized why he has been acting like a jealous husband towards Dara. He realized why he never wanted any guy to claim her as their ideal girl. And he realizes now why he didn’t disagree on the marriage and why it felt so right when Dara kissed him twice. It’s because he had fallen for her but he is too stubborn to accept it. He has blocking his mind that he already has a girlfriend when in fact, the more he thinks about that, the more he fell to Dara. He now realized why he hasn’t told Yoona that he loves her because in the back of his mind, he didn’t really love her.  He could only heave a deep sigh for he just realizes that now.

 

 

oneul ttara buneun baramdo

(Even today’s breeze)

cham sirin geot gateunde

(Feels real cold)

neon waeiri meoljjeonghaeboineun geonji

(But how do you manage to look so fine)

nunchido eomneun neojiman

(Although you’re always clueless)

yejeon cheoreomman useojumyeondwae

(All you have to do is smile just like back in the day)

 

 

He recalled how Dara would smile to him just by doing miniscule things. And he can’t forget the smile she gave him when they went to Lotte World. Every smile of hers made his heart flutter but he just realizes that now. The smile she gave him after their first kiss was in his dreams from then on. The smile she would give him when she would wake up in the morning and find him sitting on their couch. The smile she gave him the first time they watched the TV together. And the smile she would give just because she smiles smiling at him. But he can never see those smiles again because he is a big jerk to realize that he loves him, but it’s too late already.

 

 

naegen neo hanappunin geol

(You’re the one for me)

neottaeme apa haneungeol

(I’m in pain because of you)

neol ijeuryeogo noryeokhaebwado jal andwae

(I try to forget you, but it doesn’t help)

neol miwohaneun geon

(I just end up hating you)

 

 

He knows deep inside him that there is only one girl who deserves him. But that girl chose to give him up because he hurts her badly. He hates himself for hurting Dara like that. He hates himself that he just realizes now what Dara really meant to him. He hates himself for being so stupid that he still held on to Yoona when he got the most amazing girl as his fiancé. He hates himself because he is in pain because Dara left him but he knows that it was his fault all along.

 

 

chueoksok neoegen motdoen irira nan halsuga eobseo

(That’s why I can’t do it, I wonder if you know that)

ireoke neol geuriwo haneun nal algoinneunji

(I’m always missing you)

 

 

He tried to hate because she backed out form their wedding. He tried to hate her because she didn’t even wait for him to say those three words. But he knows that he can never hate her because he loves her too much. And now, he is missing her. He wants to turn back the hands of time. He wants Dara to stay as his fiancé and be married tomorrow. But he cannot do that. He cannot turn back time. He cannot undo what has been done.

 

 

too hard neomu eoryeowo nal mollajuneun neodo seoreowo

(Too hard, it’s just too hard, I’m little sad because you don’t understand how I feel)

I’m officialy missing you

 

 

He sighed once again as pain crept up in his chest. He closed his eyes and Dara image’s swarm through his head. Recalling her image is just too hard for him. She was just and arm reach away, but he decided to look around. She was just beside him but he ignores her and went to Yoona. She was just there but now she’s not. Too bad, she doesn’t know what he really felt for her. Too bad he hasn’t said that three words to her. And too bad that he can’t do anything to make Dara his. Not as his fiancé that would bind their companies together but as his fiancé that he loves so dearly.

 

 

If he could just correct all his mistakes. He remembered that time at the club when Dara said she loves him. He wondered if she still loves him. Then a thought crossed his mind. He quickly sat at the couch and reached out for his phone. He then dialed Yoona’s number and asked her if they could meet up.

 

 

________________________________________________

 

 

“I’m sorry, but I’m breaking up with you, Yoona.” Jiyong said as he and Yoona sat at one of the bench at the Han River. Yoona looked at him with her eyes wide open.

 

 

“I.. uh. I.. You’re joking, oppa.” Yoona said.

 

 

“No I’m not. I’m sorry.” Jiyong said and he was about to stand up from his seat but a hand grabbed his wrist. He turned around and looked at Yoona and saw that her eyes are misty.

 

 

“You can’t do this to me, oppa. You can’t.” Yoona begged as tears fell from her eyes.

 

 

“I’m sorry. I love someone else.” Jiyong said as he gently pulled his wrist away from Yoona’s grip. He was walking away from the bench but what Yoona asked stopped him.

 

 

“Is it Sandara?” Yoona asked as she kept her head bowed down.

 

 

“Yes.” Jiyong replied.

 

 

“But you cannot have her now, oppa. She backed out from you wedding.” Yoona said.

 

 

“I know. But I will do anything to make her my wife for she is the girl I love and she is the only girl for me.” Jiyong said with determination as he walked to his car and drove off to their house.

 

 

_____________________________________________________

 

 

 

“Dara, I will ask you again if you are sure about the series with Lee Minho.” YG said one morning when he called Dara up to his office.

 

 

“I….uh.. I’m sorry, sajangnim but I think I would decline the offer. I just want to focus on 2NE1’s album and having a series would divide my attention.” Dara said as she smiled at YG.

 

 

“Just as what I thought.” YG nodded his head and smile. “You’re now free to go.” Dara bowed at him first before going out of the office. She then went towards the elevator and pushed the highest floor and went to her little sanctuary inside YG Building.

 

 

_________________________________________

 

 

 

“Hyung, why do you look so down today?” Daesung sat beside him and patted his shoulders. Jiyong just smiled timidly at Daesung and focused his attention at Seungri who is currently recording his part for their newest album.

 

 

“Jiyong, your turn.” Teddy said without looking at them. Jiyong nodded his head and stood up. Seungri smiled at him when he was about to open the door to the recording booth and go inside when Seungri went out.

 

 

Jiyong sang his part but Teddy and the rest of the Bigbang members felt nothing. They looked quizzically at each other and wondered what is bothering Jiyong’s mind for him not to sing well to the song he personally composed. Teddy pushed a button and talked to Jiyong.

 

 

“What’s wrong with you, man?” Teddy asked and Jiyong knew what he is pertaining to.

 

 

“I’m just not in the mood.” Jiyong boringly said.

 

 

“Okay, can you go out for a minute? You don’t sound good.” Teddy said as Jiyong went out of the recording booth.

 

 

“Are you okay?” Youngbae asked Jiyong. Jiyong just nodded his head and went straight to the door. Jiyong walked towards the elevator and pushed the highest floor going to the rooftop. When he opened the door, he was surprised to see someone standing near the railing and looking over Seoul City. He squinted his eyes and his heart doubled its pace when he realizes that it was Dara.

 

 

Dara, on the other hand, felt another presence in the rooftop so she decided to turn around but was shocked to see her ex-fiancé standing just beside the door. No one spook for quite a while and they just stood to where they were. And after ten minutes or so, Jiyong moved his feet and went to Dara. Dara panicked for she doesn’t know if she can face Jiyong already. She turn around and decided to leave but Jiyong’s voice stopped her.

 

 

“I’m sorry.” Jiyong said softly. He was facing the railing while Dara is facing the door, they were side by side. Dara wanted to run towards the door but her feet won’t move. It felt like someone put a super glue under her shoes and she can’t walk even just a step away from her position.

 

 

“W-why?” Dara asked him in a voice that cannot almost be heard.

 

 

“I’m sorry if I hurt you.” Jiyong said as he looked at Dara’s face.

 

 

“Why are you apologizing to me now?” Dara asked him again.

 

 

“Because I regretted all what I did to you then.” Jiyong said.

 

 

“I don’t understand.” Dara said.

 

 

“Why did you backed out from the wedding?” Jiyong now asked her. Dara turned around and face the railing and they just stood beside each other.

 

 

“I was just too tired of many things.” Dara sighed.

 

 

“Like what?” Jiyong asked.

 

 

“Like loving you.” Dara wanted to say that but she cannot move . It seems like there is a force that is keeping from talking so she just stayed quiet and just listened to the sound of the city.

 

 

“Can we still push through with the wedding? Can you still change your mind?” Jiyong turned to her and looked at her. Dara was surprised hearing what just Jiyong said. She faced him and saw that his eyes expressed something that she can’t read.

 

 

“Why, Jiyong?” Dara asked softly.

 

 

“I wanted to be married to you.” Jiyong replied while looking intently in her eyes.

 

 

“Why?” Dara asked again for she is not satisfied with his answer.

 

 

“I love you.” Jiyong blurted softly that she could cry. She looked at him with wide eyes.

 

 

“I know it’s hard to believe. But I love you. I really do. And I’m so stupid to just realize that now. Believe me, please.” Jiyong begged her. Dara was about to say ‘yes’ to him when she was reminded how great the pain she felt when Jiyong chose Yoona over her.

 

 

“I’m sorry, but it’s too late.” Dara said as she turned around and walked towards the door. When she shut the door closed, a tear escaped her eyes as she ran to the elevator.

 

 

Jiyong, on the other side, stood immobile on his spot, too numb to even step his feet. When Dara said that it was too late, he felt his world crumble right before his very eyes. He wanted to ran after Dara and convince her that he loves her and he will do anything just to get her back but his feet won’t cooperate with him. He just stayed rooted there on the rooftop while his heart died inside his chest.