-6-

Too Late

 

“Oppa!” Yoona exclaimed as soon as she saw her boyfriend walking towards the private small room inside Club NB. They decided to meet again for they missed each other because Yoona has been away for too long.

 

 

Jiyong kissed her when he got to her side and he pushed them inside the small room and sat at the couch on the left. Yoona cuddled to him as they just stayed quite for a while.

 

 

“Oppa, I’ve already heard about your engagement. Are you going to push through with that?” Yoona said as she looked up at Jiyong with her puppy eyes.

 

 

“I can’t do anything to stop it, sweetheart.” Jiyong said as he took a sip on the wine placed at the table.

 

 

“Promise me you won’t leave me, oppa. I don’t care if you’re married already. As long as I’m with you, I don’t care.” Yoona said pleadingly.

 

 

“I promise, Yoona.” Jiyong said as he kissed Yoona again.

 

 

“I love you, oppa.” Yoona said as she hugged Jiyong closer to her.

 

 

“I know.” Jiyong just looked blankly ahead, wondering if Dara is already at their house.

 

 

______________________________________

 

 

“~You got the fire~” Dara continuously sang her part in their debut song as she chased their maknae around their practice room.

 

 

“Will the two of you stop running around?!” Bom exasperatedly exclaimed as she just sat the chair and just watched her friends.

 

 

“Dara unnie, you’re still not fully recovered. You still need to rest.” CL said as she went to Dara’s side with a bottle of water in her left hand. She then gave the water to Dara.

 

 

“Thanks, CL-roo. And stop treating me as a baby. I’m fine, really. You guys don’t need to be worried over me.” Dara said as she flashed her cheeky smile at her members.

 

 

“Dara unnie! Your phone is ringing!” Minzy said as she heard her Dara unnie’s ringing tone when she went to where their things are to get her cellphone. Dara stood from her seat and went to her bag and got her phone. She looked at the caller ID and saw her mother’s name. She immediately answered it.

 

 

“Omma, what made you call?”

 

 

“I called just to remind you about the dinner with the Kwons. I’m pretty sure you’ve forgotten about that since you’re too busy.” Dara never let her parents knew that she fainted from exhaustion because she was sure that they are going to throw a fit on her and try to convince her to stop dreaming about being an idol and just handle their business.

 

 

“Omo! I forgot about it, omma. Thank you for reminding me.” Dara smiled.

 

 

“Good thing I called. And, darling, just ask Jiyong to drive you to their house, okay? Our driver went to a vacation and nobody would be picking you up there.”

 

 

“I can just ask somebody from here to drive me t—“

 

 

“Aigoo! Just ask your fiancé to drive you to their house since the both of you are working at the same company.” Her mother cuts her sentence off.

 

 

“Arasso, omma. I’ll call you later. We still have some rehearsal.” Dara said as soon as she saw Jaewook enter their practice room.

 

 

“Okay. Don’t tire yourself too much, dear. I love you.”

 

“I love you too, omma.” Dara said as she ended the call and threw her phone gently towards her bag and went to where the girls are huddled around their choreographer. 

 

 

____________________________________

 

 

“Uhhm. Jiyong, can I come with you when you go to your parents’ house for the dinner?” Dara asked him hesitantly when she saw him lazing on their couch watching TV. She decided to go home first before going to the Kwons’ for their dinner to freshen herself up.

 

 

“Why don’t you ask your driver to pick you up and drop you there?” Dara immediately recognized the annoyance on his voice.

 

 

“It’s…  Uhmm.. It’s…” Dara sighed. “I’m sorry for bothering you.” Dara bowed her head as she went upstairs to her room to take a shower. Deciding that she will just go back to the company and ask their manager to drop her to Jiyong’s parents’.

 

 

When she finished taking shower, she just put her simple pink dress that flows just below her knees and she held her hair up in a messy bun and applied just a super light make-up. When she was satisfied with her look, she smiled at her reflection and went outside her room.

 

 

“What took you so damn long? Our parents are already waiting!” Jiyong exclaimed after five minutes of ogling at Dara’s natural beauty. Jiyong then went outside and waited beside his Bently. When Dara stepped outside their door, he can’t help but to stare at her.

 

 

“Uhhmm. I’ll get going now. I’ll just see you there, Jiyong.” Dara said and she was about to hail a cab but she was stopped when Jiyong talked.

 

 

“And where do you think you are going?” Jiyong hissed under his breath.

 

 

“Uhm. I’m going to YG Building to ask manager oppa to drive me to your parents’ house.” Dara said as she just looked on the pavement.

 

 

“I’ll drive the two of us. No need to go there and disturb you manager.” Jiyong said as he opened his Bently’s driver seat and glided inside. Dara wasted no time as she smiled happily and went to his car’s passenger seat and opened the door and slide in.

 

 

__________________________________

 

 

“I’m right. The two of you would look perfect together.” Mrs. Kwon blurted out when they were having their peaceful dinner. All of the Kwons and the Parks are present.

 

 

“Yeah. I’m pretty sure that they will make cute babies.” Mrs. Park said as she silently giggled at the thought of her daughter bearing a child on her womb. She can’t help but be excited.

 

 

“Omma!” Dara said with wide eyes. Flabbergasted at what she heard from her mother.

 

 

“What’s the matter, dear? You and Jiyong will be getting married and we expect a baby soon.” Mrs. Kwon beamed happily as she too is excited for that thing to happen. Dara just bowed her head low, too embarrassed to look at Jiyong’s direction.

 

 

“Unnie, I already watched the music video where you starred with TOP oppa. You were beautiful there, unnie.” Durami said as she giggled at her older sister.

 

 

“Aigoo. Kamsahamnida, Durami-ah.” Dara said as she smiles towards her sister.

 

 

“And the two of you looked cute together.” Dami, Jiyong’s older sister, added.

 

 

“Thanks, Dami unnie.” Dara simply said while smiling at the older girl. Jiyong whipped his head at his noona’s direction when he heard what she said a while ago. He can’t believe they were talking about other guy in front of him.

 

 

“And I’ve watched your debut stage. You were amazing. I’m sure the four of you will make it big.” Dami added.

 

 

“I hope that will happen, Dami unnie.” Dara replied.

 

 

“I’m sure it will. Don’t you think so, Jiyong?” Dami looked at her bother that is quietly eating his food while listening to their conversation.

 

 

“Yeah. But they still need to improve.” Jiyong said without even glancing at them.

 

 

The rest of night where spent talking to each other and planning the details of Dara and Jiyong’s wedding which will be held in four months’ time. And they have to make it sure that it will be marked as the wedding of the century.

 

 

It was almost ten in the evening when they decided to call it a night. The Parks got in their Mercedes Benz Limousine as Dara waved her hands at her parents’ as she watched them off. And after that, Dara got inside Jiyong’s Bentley as he drove through the night towards their house. When they finally got to step inside their house, Dara immediately stopped Jiyong from going up the stairs, trying her luck in asking him to go with her on Saturday.

 

 

“Uhm. Jiyong, do you have anything scheduled on Saturday?” Dara asked as she looked straight at Jiyong.

 

 

“We’re still on vacation.” Jiyong boredly replied.

 

 

“Can you accompany me this Saturday?” Dara pushed her luck some more.

 

 

“Where?”

 

 

“I just wanted to try this new restaurant. People gave that restaurant a good feedback so it got me really curious.” Dara said as she prayed that Jiyong will say yes.

 

 

“Sure.” Jiyong said then he continued walking up the stairs. Unable to see the spazzing Dara is doing while jumping happily up and down. At last, she will have her long awaited date with her fiancé! Dara beamed as she went up to her room and changed to more comfortable clothes before hitting her bed with a smile on her face.