-18-

Too Late

 

“Hey, Jae! I’m here.” Dara waved her hands for Jaejoong to see her at the corner of the coffee shop.

 

 

“Why do you want to see me?” Jaejoong asked as soon as he sat at the chair opposite to Dara’s.

 

 

“Nothing. I just wanted to spend my day with you.” Dara smiled sweetly at him. She grabbed her cup of coffee and took sip. She made a face when the hot coffee slightly burned her tongue. Jaejoong laughed at her and Dara just stuck out her tongue at him.

 

 

“I heard that Lee Donghae of Super Junior went to your company the other day. They said that he wanted to take you out on a date.” Jaejoong said as he took a sip on the coffee Dara ordered for him.

 

 

“Yeah. Sajangnim talked to me about that. And I said that I don’t think it’s appropriate for me date yet. I want to focus on our newest album.” Dara said.

 

 

“Hmmm. So, how are you lately?” Jaejoong asked. Dara looked at him with confusion all over her face. “Don’t give me that face. I’m asking you how you have been.” Jaejoong said.

 

 

“I’m fine. I’m perfectly fine.” Dara replied as she smiled at Jaejoong.

 

 

“I know that you have something deeper to tell me. Don’t hesitate. Tell me now.” Jaejoong insisted. Dara pouted her lips.

 

 

“It’s about Jiyong.” Dara started. Jaejoong looked confused but he just waited for Dara to continue. “We talked last week. And he said that he wanted to be married to me. He asked me if I can’t change my mind about the wedding.” Dara looked down and fiddled with the hem of her shirt.

 

 

“And now he has the guts to ask you that after hurting you?” Jaejoong asked through gritted teeth. Dara just stayed silent while looking down.

 

 

“What did you say?” Jaejoong asked her. Dara looked up.

 

 

“I said that it was already too late.” Dara replied.

 

 

“Good thing that you already come into your senses.” Jaejoong smiled at her and patted her head. Dara pouted her lips and looked at Jaejoong.

 

 

“What?” Jaejoong asked.

 

 

“Nothing. I just thought that if I have fallen in love with you, I wouldn’t have felt pain as I’ve experienced it.” Dara said. Jaejoong looked at Dara intently.

 

 

“Maybe because that is God’s plan for us. He just wanted us to stay more than friends but less than lovers.” Jaejoong smiled sweetly at her and ruffled her hair.

 

 

“Aisht!” Dara exclaimed and re-do her now messy hair.

 

 

“So, what do you want to do after finishing our coffee?” Jaejoong asked as he took a sip again at his coffee.

 

 

“Shopping!” Dara exclaimed as she beamed happily. Jaejoong just nods his head and smiled at her before taking another sip at his coffee.

 

 

____________________________________

 

 

“Unnie, where is Dara unnie?” Chaerin asked Bom when she stepped out of her room and saw that Dara is not in their living room.

 

 

“She went out.” Bom replied simply as her gaze is looked on the TV screen.

 

 

“Where to?” Chaerin asked.

 

 

“Don’t know.” Bom shrugged her shoulders. Chaerin went to the kitchen to get some glass of water. She leaned on the refrigerator when a thought entered her mind. She went to the living room and sat beside Bom. She then poked Bom at her shoulders and the latter looked at her.

 

 

“Bom unnie, have you noticed something odd at Jiyong oppa?” Chaerin asked Bom.

 

 

“Hmm, none. Why?” Bom said as she shrugged her shoulders.

 

 

“It seems like he is not his old self lately. He is spacing out every time they are recording their song.” CL said as she looked at the TV screen.

 

 

“I don’t know and I don’t care.” Bom said as she looked again at the TV screen.

 

 

“It seems like he has a big problem.” CL said again.

 

 

“Maybe he is regretting now all that he has done before.” Bom said without looking at CL.

 

 

“What, unnie?” Cl asked.

 

 

“Nothing. Why do you have so many questions, huh?” Bom said as she smiled at CL.

 

 

“Oh, unnie! I remembered something! Seungri told me this the other day.” CL said with her eyes wide.

 

 

“What is it?” Bom asked.

 

 

“Lee Donghae of Super Junior went to our company to ask sajangnim if he could date Dara unnie.” CL said.

 

 

“Mwoh? Lee Donghae?” Bom asked incredulously.

 

 

“Yes. It seems that Dara unnie is ganing more fan boys.” CL said with a smile on her face.

 

 

“She deserves her fan boys.” Bom said. CL nodded her head and lied down at the couch. Her head is rested on Bom’s lap. Bom rested her hand on CL’s head as the two just watched the TV together.

 

 

________________________________________

 

 

“Yah, are you not tired yet?” Jaejoong whined as Dara kept on roaming around the mall even if they have went to each and every store.

 

 

“Not yet.” Dara said simply as she continued to walk. Jaejoong followed her with his hands full of shopping bags.

 

 

“What else do you want to buy?” Jaejoong asked her.

 

 

“I still don’t know. But I will know it once I see the item.” Dara said as she roamed her eyes at the mall.

 

 

“There! Let’s go there!” Dara pointed her hands at the store on the sixth floor. They walked towards the escalator. When they entered the store, all the clerks seem to be busy that’s why they haven’t noticed Dara and Jaejoong enter their store.

 

 

“Uhm. Excuse me.” Dara said to one of the clerks that passed by her. The clerk turned her head and gasped when she noticed that it was Dara of 2NE1 with Kim Jaejoong of JYJ.

 

 

“Anneonghasseo.” The clerk smiled at them and bowed her head. Dara is about to open and talk when the door of the fitting room opened. Dara looked and gasp slightly when she saw who it was.

 

 

“I’ll take this and this.” Jiyong said as he pointed to the clothes he just fitted. He looked up and his eyes widen when he saw Dara together with Jaejoong. Dara and Jiyong’s eye met and they just stared each other for quite a while not until Dara looked away first. Jiyong bowed his head down and when he looked up again, he met Jaejoong’s eye. He looked away and went straight to the cashier.

 

 

“That would be 100,000 won , Mr. Kwon.” The cashier said as she finished punching the clothes. Jiyong smiled at her and pulled his wallet out and gave his credit card to the cashier. He tapped his fingers on the counter while he waits for his merchandise. There was some force that made him look at Dara’s direction and he regretted it. He saw Dara holding up a shirt in front of Jaejoong. She seems like she is looking if the shirt suited Jaejoong. Jiyong furrowed his eyebrow when the familiar pain crept up on him. He looked away.

 

 

“Thank you.” He said as the clerk gave him back his credit card. He immediately grabbed the shopping bad on top of the counter and hurriedly turned to the exit. He gave Dara one last look as he bowed his head and walked away.

 

 

Dara, on the other hand, looked at the exit of the shop when Jiyong abruptly went outside. She pouted her lips and looked down. She saw the expression on Jiyong’s eye when she looked at him earlier. She saw that pain is visible on his eyes. She can’t help but feel something weird inside of her.

 

 

Jaejoong looked at Dara and saw that her gaze is on the exit of the shop where Jiyong just walked out. He just shook his head and just let Dara be. He knows that it will take a million years before Dara will completely forget about Jiyong. And his friend is not doing a good job in hiding her true feelings. He tapped Dara’s shoulders lightly and that is the only time that Dara snapped back in her reverie. She looked at Jaejoong and smiled at him like nothing happened. Jaejoong shook his head in disbelief and smiled back at her.