-24-

Too Late

 

The day after finalizing his plans, he went to YG Building and tried to think some ways on how he can make Dara go to a specific location. He went to his recording room and turned the music on. He put it on high volumes and soon, his surrounding is drowned with the loud music his speakers are producing. He was lost in his thoughts when they door opened.

 

 

CL was surprised how loud the music Jiyong is playing. She slightly covered her ears with her hands and went to where Jiyong is. She tapped Jiyong’s shoulder and the latter turned the chair around and saw Chaerin. Jiyong stretched his arms and turned the volume lower. He faced CL and smiled at her.

 

 

“What are you doing here, oppa?” CL said as she sat at the couch.

 

 

“Thinking.” Jiyong answered simply.

 

 

“Hmm.” CL nodded her head and smile at her oppa.

 

 

“Oh! Before I forgot, how are you now, oppa? I saw in the news that you were rushed to the hospital. We were all worried about you.” CL said.

 

 

“I’m fine now, Chaerin. Thanks for asking. I was just stressed lately. It’s nothing serious.” Jiyong smiled at CL.

 

 

“What are you up to lately, oppa?”

 

 

“Nothing. Just some stuff.”

 

 

“Oppa, If I can be of help, I’ll gladly do it.” CL smiled and stood up from her seat. Jiyong was lost in thought when the door opened and CL was ready to go out but Jiyong called her name loudly.

 

 

“What is it, oppa?” CL asked as she walked back to where she sat earlier.

 

 

“Are you sure you wanted to help me?” Jiyong asked her. CL nods her head continuously. Jiyong smiled at her and told her everything about his plans and what she could do to help him.

 

 

______________________________________

 

 

 

After telling Chaerin what he planned, he went outside his studio and went to the rooftop. He opened the door and walked towards the end of the rooftop. He looked at the sky and smiled when he saw a clear blue sky. He then looked down and saw a busy street of Seoul City. He leaned on the railing and heaved a deep sigh.

 

 

His plan is about to take place later. He felt mixed emotions. He feels excited but nervous at the same time. He combed his hair with his hands. He just wished that everything is perfect. He doesn’t care if Dara won’t take him again. He doesn’t care if Dara will turn him down. All he wanted is for Dara to see that he is willing to do everything just for her.

Jiyong was busy with his thoughts when the rooftop’s door opened.

 

 

Dara looked up from her bag and gasp when she saw Jiyong on the rooftop. His back is facing her so he can’t see her opened the door. She was about to turn around and go out the rooftop when she remembered something. She then started her tracks towards Jiyong. When she was beside him, she sighed deep and rested her hands on the railings. She tapped Jiyong’s shoulder lightly and the latter looked at her.

 

 

“Dara.” Jiyong acknowledges as he looked at Dara who is beside him.

 

 

“Hi.” Dara said as she smiled at Jiyong and waved her hands at him.

 

 

“What are you doing here?” Jiyong asks.

 

 

“I just wanted to take some fresh air.” Dara replied as she shifted her gaze away from Jiyong and turned it to the city below.

 

 

“Dara, I—“

 

 

“How are you, Jiyong? I’ve heard that you were rushed to the hospital.” Dara cuts his sentence off. He smiled at her.

 

 

“I’m perfectly fine now.”

 

 

“Are you sure?”

 

 

“Yeah.” Jiyong sighed. No one spoke and they just focused their gazes on the cit below them.

 

 

“Uhm. I’ll go now.” Dara said and she was about to turn around when a hand caught her elbow. She looked back and saw that Jiyong is looking intently at her. Dara looked questioningly at him.

 

 

“Can you please hear what I will say?” Jiyong asked. Dara just looked at him with confusion written all over her face. When she hasn’t said anything he continued. “The first time I heard that we were to be married. I was angry. I was beyond angry.” Jiyong lets go of her elbow and looked at the sky.

 

 

“My mind is already set that the only woman I will marry is Yoona. The only woman I wanted to spend the rest of my life with is Yoona. So I formulated a plan on how to make you back out from the wedding. And my plan was to hurt you. But I regretted that.”

 

 

“Then, you showed me that how much hurt I throw in your way, you never gave up. You never hated me. You will just smile at me, and I know that in that smile, I was forgiven with the things I did to you.”  Dara smiled as she thought that what Jiyong had said is true.

 

 

“I didn’t realize it but I started caring for you. The want in hurting you slowly vanished. Days pass by and our wedding was nearing. I’ve already accepted it and was ready to be a loving husband to you. When I took you to Lotte Word and when I deepened our kiss, I never regretted it. In fact, I was happy doing those.” Jiyong looked at her and smiled.

 

 

“I was even excited for our wedding. When Yoona called me that night and told me to pick her up in the club, I was busy worrying about you. You were not home and it’s late already. I said yes to her hoping that I can see you on the way there. All through out my drive, I was praying that I will see you. And when I saw you there on the club with empty bottles all over your table, it made me angry. And when you said that three words at me, I wanted to hug you tight and take you home but then I thought that you were just drunk that’s why you said those words. You haven’t told me those words and I was surprised. And when you begged me to stay, I was tempted to turn around and pick you up off the floor and take you home but I was blinded by my anger. I asked someone to look out for you because I was planning on going back and take you home.” Dara gasps as she looked incredulously at Jiyong.

 

 

“But when I got there, I didn’t saw you. I drove around the club for two whole hours hoping that I would find you. I was so worried that night. The rain was even falling hard. I came home when I didn’t found you. The beat of my heart became more and more painful as seconds pass by and you’re still not home. I slept there on the couch hoping that when you got home, I will be the first one you will see.” Jiyong said as he took Dara’s hand and clasped it in his hands tightly.

 

 

“Morning came and you didn’t go home. I wanted to roam around Seoul City and find you but then mom called me and reminded me about the wedding rehearsal. I forced myself to go there knowing that you will be there. When I got there, I waited for you. And when I saw you enter the cathedral, my heart was about to jump off my chest. But then, you went straight to the podium and said that there will be no more wedding to happen. My world immediately crashed. When you ran away, I wanted to run after you but I cannot move my feet even an inch.” Jiyong said as he placed Dara’s hand on her chest near his heart. He looked at Dara’s eye and smiled at her. Dara noticed that Jiyong’s eyes are misty as well as her eyes. She just looked at him and waited for him to finish what he is about to say.

 

 

“When I said ‘I love you’, It’s all true. I’ve never said those three words at any other girl. YG hyung said that I have loved you ever since we got engaged. But I was stupid enough not realizing it early. If only I have said those words at you and proved them earlier, I wouldn’t have hurt you. If only I realized it early, we should be married by now and we are happy in each other’s arms. If only I can turn back time, I would never hurt you.” Jiyong said as tears roll out from his eyes. He doesn’t care what he looks like right now.

 

 

“But you have hurt me, Jiyong. And you can’t take that back.” Dara said.

 

 

“I know. If you can transfer the hurt you’ve felt to me, I’ll gladly accept it. I’ll gladly accept everything. I love you, Dara. Please believe me.” Jiyong said as he kneeled infront of Dara with still her hands on his chest.

 

 

“I believe you, Jiyong.” Dara said as she felt the hammering of Jiyong’s heart in her hands.

 

 

“Can you give me another chance?” Jiyong asked. Dara pulled her hands away from his grip slowly. Jiyong looked at her but tears blurred his vision. His heart felt like it is being squeezed tight. When Dara completely pulled her hands away from Jiyong’s grasp, her tears immediately escaped her eyes.

 

 

“I’ll think about it, Jiyong.” Dara said as she turned around and walked away from Jiyong. Jiyong was left kneeling on the rooftop with tears streaming down his face.

 

 

___________________________________

 

 

 

“Unnie! Where have you been?” CL asked Dara when the latter entered their dorm. Dara walked ahead without minding CL who asked her. She went straight to her room and locked the door. She sat at the chair and looked at the roses Jiyong has sent her. She picked up a note and read it.

 

 

“I’m sorry. I love you – J.”

 

 

Tears stream down her face. She wiped them away quickly and placed down the rose. She then went to her bed and lied there. She looked at the ceiling as different thoughts run through her mind.

 

 

She feels so confuse right now. The time when she saw Jiyong kneeled in front of her with tears flowing from his eyes, she wanted to hug him tight, say that she already changed her mind and say that she loves him too over and over again. But she got scared that once she gave Jiyong a chance, she will be hurt again. She sob a little louder as the emotions inside her chest is too overwhelming.

 

 

After a while, she heard a knock on her door. She ignored it and buried her face on the pillow. The knocking continued but she ignored it still. Then after some time, the knocking was stopped. Dara continued to sob as she recalls what Jiyong had said earlier. She doesn’t know what to do now.

 

 

“Dara! Open the door!” Bom’s booming voice made her held up her head from the pillow. I need to talk to Bom. Dara thought as she stood up from the bed and went to her door. She opened it slightly and saw Bom standing in front of her room. She widens the opening of her door and welcomed Bom.

 

 

“What happened?” Bom said when she was already seated on the edge of Dara’s bed while facing Dara who is sitting at the edge as well.

 

 

“He talked to me. He explained everything. He loves me and I felt that he meant it. He cried. He knelt in front of me. He pleaded for me to give him another chance. I’m so scared, Bom. And I’m so confused. I don’t know what to do.” Dara started as she sobs again. She leaned her head on Bom’s shoulder as the latter her head.

 

 

“Listen to your heart, Dara. It’s the only solution you have.” Bom said.

 

 

“But I can’t.”

 

 

“Why?”

 

 

“Because my heart says to give him another chance. And I’m so scared that once I gave him another chance, I will be hurt again.” Dara said.

 

 

“I know you don’t want to be hurt again. And I’m sorry I can’t help you decided, Dara. You have to do this on your own. You have to.” Bom said as she stood up from Dara’s bed slowly and faced Dara.

 

 

“Whatever happens, the girls and I will just be here.” Bom smiled at Dara and cupped her face with both her hands. Bom then smiled warmly at Dara before walking towards her door.

 

 

“Choose what you think is you can live about, Dara. Choose something that you will not regret later.” Bom’s word before completely going out of Dara’s room. “You should go to the café at exactly five in the afternoon. We will be there.” Bom added before closing her door. Dara nodded her head as she lied down again on her bed. She must choose now.

 

 

_______________________________________

 

 

When Dara’s eye fluttered open, she looked at her wrist watch. It was already 5:05 in the afternoon. Her eyes widen when she remembered what Bom said a while ago. She immediately stood up from the bed and went to the bathroom and fixed herself.

 

 

She was walking towards the café when she suddenly felt nervous. She looked around and saw no one was passing by her. Her eyebrows furrowed as she was nearing the café. She noticed that the café is covered in black curtains so she can’t see anything inside the café. She hesitated going inside when a lady in a uniform went out. When the lady turned her head towards her direction, she gasped when she saw Bom wearing a uniform that the waitress of the café usually wears.

 

 

She walked towards her and Bom just smiled at her. Bom motions her hands towards the entrance. Dara was about to ask her question when Bom slightly pushed her inside. She gasped more when she saw Minzy and CL wearing the same uniform Bom has and they were standing on the reception’s area. They both smiled at her as they motion their hands inside the café. Dara looked questioningly at them but they just smiled at her.

 

 

She hesitantly walked inside but she furrowed her eyebrows when she saw nothing but darkness. Then, a spotlight was focused on her. She slightly covered her eyes with her hands when she was blinded by the sudden light. Then a dim light slowly lit up the café. She gasps at what she saw.

 

(Please listen to THIS)

All the tables of the café were now gone. All that is left is a single chair on the center of the café. She looked down at her feet and saw that the flooring is covered with white petals of roses. She slowly walked and the light that hovered above her head followed her every move. She slightly turned her head around hoping to find a familiar person inside that café. She stopped her tracks when she heard someone played the piano. She squinted her eyes at the direction of the piano and gasps when she saw Youngbae wearing a tuxedo while playing smoothly on the piano. She started her tracks towards Youngbae when a familiar voice echoed all through out the room. She turned her head around but found nothing.

 

 

It’s undeniable

That we should be together

It’s unbelievable

How I used to say that I’d fall never

The basis is need to know

If you don’t know just how I feel

Then let me show you now that I’m for real

If all things in time, time will reveal

Yeah, Yeah

 

 

Another spotlight was . Dara looked at where the spotlight is pointing and her eyes widen when she saw Jiyong on the miniature stage that she just saw now while holding a mic on his left hand. She just stood there while staring at him while he sang the lines of the song will all of his heart. Jiyong smiled at her as he continued singing.

 

 

One, you’re like a dream come true

Two, just wanna be with you

Three, girl it’s plain to see that you’re the only one for me

And four, repeat steps one through three

Five, make you fall in love with me

If ever I believe my work is done

Then I’ll start back at one

Yeah, Yeah

 

 

Dara just continued staring at him while Jiyong stepped down on the miniature stage that he suggested and went to Dara. When he got to her side, he smiled lovingly at her and took her hand and guided her to the only chair inside that café. She sat at the chair as Jiyong turned around and went back in the stage. She put her hands on top of her lap as her eyes are getting teary. Mixed emotions danced inside her chest.

 

 

It’s so incredible

The way things work themselves out

And all emotional

When she know what it’s all about

And undesirable

For us to be apart

Never would’ve made it very far

‘Cause you know you got the keys to my heart

 

 

Jiyong looked intently at Dara all the while he sings the song. He wanted to run to her side and hug her tight when he saw a tear fall down from her eyes but when she looked at the far end of the rented café, he saw Bom giving him message to just continue singing and just end the show. He looked back at her and saw that she wiped the tears off her cheeks as her eyes are still fixed on Jiyong. He smiled again at her as he continued.

 

 

‘Coz One, you’re like a dream come true

Two, just wanna be with you

Three, girl it’s plain to see that you’re the only one for me

And four, repeat steps one through three

Five, make you fall in love with me

If ever I believe my work is done

Then I’ll start back at one

 

 

Jiyong slowly stepped down on the stage as he went to Dara’s side. He took his time while walking towards her as her eyes are following his every move. The smile on his face never left and he felt that his heart is about to jump off his chest with so much anticipation. He held her hands when he stood in front of her and smiled at her.

 

 

Say farewell do the dark of nights

And see the coming of the sun

I feel like a little child

‘Coz life has just begun

You came and bring new life

Into this lonely heart of mine

You threw out the lifeline

Just in the nick of time

 

 

Jiyong knelt in front of Dara for the second time now while singing his heart out. Dara covered with her hands as another set of tears escaped her eyes. Overwhelming love flowed from her heart as she listens to Jiyong as he sang every line of the song she loved very much.

 

 

One, you’re like a dream come true

Two, just wanna be with you

Three, girl it’s plain to see that you’re the only one for me

And four, repeat steps one through three

Five, make you fall in love with me

If ever I believe my work is done

Then I’ll start back at one

 

 

When the song ended, he smiled at her before lowering his lips on her hands as he kissed her soft hands. When he looked up at her, he saw that tears are flowing from her eyes endlessly. He stretched his hands up and wiped the tears off her cheeks. He stayed kneeling before her as Dara looked at his face.

 

 

“I know it’s too early to ask you this. And I know that I don’t have anymore rights in asking you this but I still want to do it. I don’t want to have any regrets in the future. I’ve ruined the first chance of being married to you. And I blame myself for that. I love you and I’ve said it to you for many times already and I will never get tired saying that phrase to you all over again even if you won’t take me again. And now, I wanted to ask you this. Will you marry me, Sandara Park? I’m asking this question to you as Kwon Jiyong, not as G-Dragon of Bigbang and not as Kwon Jiyong, the heir of Kwon Group of Companies. I’m just asking you as the simple Kwon Jiyong.” Jiyong said as tears roll out from his eyes. He then looked at her eyes directly and Dara saw the sincerity in them.

 

 

“I….. I..” Dara stuttered as tears are continuously fall from her eyes. Jiyong just looked at her and waited for her answer.

 

 

“I…. Uhm. I-I’m s-sorry, J-Jiyong.” Dara said then she stood up from her seat and ran to the exit. Jiyong was left kneeling in the center of the café with tears falling from his eyes. He bowed his head down and placed both his hands on the floor with petals of roses. He clutched his chest as unbearable pain hit his heart. He punched his chest repeatedly as he wished the pain would go away. So, this is how rejection felt. He thought.

 

 

“AAAAAAHHHHH!” Jiyong screamed. All the Bigbang members, who are just on the side all this time, went to their leader’s side and kneeled in front of him. They were all surprised to see that their mighty leader is crying in agony. They can’t do anything but tapped Jiyong’s shoulders in comfort.

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

Author's Note : Yes, I'll end this story today. :)