Sometimes

Her Shattered Heart

Ok, so this is like the saddest chapter.. I would really suggest that you are listening to sad music because it kind of gets you "in the mood". While I was writing this chapter, I listened to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu0UIWjuVRY&feature=relmfu. Maybe you should give it a try? Well, the story will be happier from now on! I am sorry if this isn't really touching, I tried my best.. Luckily I never lost a precious person before so this is my imagination.. As stated before, if you have any improvement suggestions, please tell me!

 

 

Sometimes words aren't enough to describe feelings. Sometimes the pain that kills you inside can not be expressed through simple sentences or facial expressions. Sometimes the only thing left to do is stay silent.

Silent in words, silent in motions, silent in the mind. You have to escape the pain to be able to handle it.

 

You knew this. But in the moment when Kai started shaking uncontrollable and screaming like a maniac, you would have rather screamed along then having to inform the emergency. You ran over to your neighbours and luckily they were home. At first, they couldn't understand what you wanted from then but when you dragged them with you, it was obvious. Without any word from you, they knew that this was the end. In a second the man had called the emergency and the woman started taking care of Kai.

 

You were standing next to them, watching them in silence and breaking apart inside. Had you really thought you could be lucky someday? Stupid you.

 

They brought you outside to wait, the woman hugging you and wiping away the tears that were streaming down your face. You didn't notice it. You were living in a dream, a dream that had turned into the worst nightmare you could ever think of.

 

When the emergency finally arrived, you somehow got into it without knowing how. The only thing important was Kai. You held his hands, your tears washing his face with sadness and your eyes soaking in every single part of it. The nose. His cheekbones. The soft and always smiling lips. His eyebrows that were now  twitching in inner pain. The only thing you couldn't see were his eyes and it hurt you.

*I want to one last time see him looking at me.*

 

And like he had heard you, he opened his eyes. Your hands started trembling and with a inaudible sob you laid your head on his chest.

*Please. Don't go, oppa. You are the only left.. I love you so much, oppa. Please don't go.*

 

With a terribly weak voice he started speaking although he got interrupted by little coughs that escaped his mouth.. It must have costed him the last energy he had.

“Eun Min-ah, my sweet little sister. I love you. Promise me to live a good and happy life, ok? I want you to be the luckiest girl on earth. Take care of your health and give birth to many beautiful children with the man you love. And remember: I will always be on your side. Now and forever. Not physically but mentally. I love you so much, my sister. So.. so.. much.“

 

With that, he stopped talking and his hand lifeless fell down next to his body. You clinged to it as your life would depend on it and in a sad way, it was true. Kai was your life, the last one that made your life livable. When he was gone, why would you continue to stay on this hurting world?

 

With every second that passed by it got more certain that death was surrounding him.

You weren't ready for it. You weren't ready for losing him and you would never be. And how much you wanted to tell him that you loved him, that he wasn't allowed to leave you like that! But no words were coming out of your mouth, you remained silent and let your eyes be the mirrors of your broken soul.

Kai's eyes were closed, his breathing unsteady and his fingers in your hand trembling. From time to time shivers were running over his body and you knew that he still tried to not give you any further pain. It killed you. It killed you that even in his last moments he thought about you and tried to comfort you. What had you done wrong to deserve this pain?

 

Tears were rolling down your face and you could taste their saltiness in your mouth and felt their wetness sousing your clothes.

 

For one more time, your brother's body reared in pain and then the whole world turned silent. One last breath left his lips and along with his heartbeat, your stopped too. Your mind went blank and with shaking fingers you released his hand to put the palm of your hand on his heart. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. And as time passed by, you finally accepted the truth. You accepted it while your heart was cut into pieces and sent waves of pain and hurt through your whole body.

His heart would never beat again. And no doctor could rescue Kai from the death that had waited for him for so long.

 

The next happening things seemed so unrealistic and far away to you. Loud shouts, people that were touching your brother hopelessly trying to help, the sound of a siren that broke the silence around you.

Nothing of this reached you. You were still holding his hand, gazing at him and then closing your eyes, silently screaming your pain in the world.

 

When you opened your eyes again, he was gone and you were standing lonely infront of the hospital. They had left you there because you hadn't answered their questions and they hadn't known what to do with you.

 

You were alone. Alone as never before and although you had endured so much pain before, you knew that this was the worst.

 

Sometimes there is nothing left to do but to stay silent. That was what you have been doing and that was what you would continue doing. Kai's last words repeated themselves in your head over and over again.

 

“I will always be at your side. Now and forever.“

 

You knew he would. He would be in your heart and with that realisation you laid down on the next bench and closed your eyes, hoping that you'd never have to open them again.

 

 

Something else that has nothing to do with the story line.. I  saw that some people unsubscribed. I can understand if you do it but if you are really unhappy could you at least tell me why? Because if you just unsubcribe I am wondering about the reason all day. Yes, I am that kind of girl that worries about everything and I would really appreciate if you don't just leave without a word! :( Sorry for bothering the others, it is just that things like this make me sad..