The reason why

Her Shattered Heart

 

With a last annoyed look to the other boys, D.O. stepped out of the flat.

*I am bored! What do I do now? And why are these ing basterds not doing anything with me?*

 

He pouted and looked around. Sun was shining brightly and birds were singing. All in all, it was a wonderful day and he couldn't understand why the others had to stay in the flat. Yes, it was very friendly that Baekhyun's uncle had given it to them as a gift but it somehow annoyed him that it wasn't him who had found a new flat, so he just had to leave.

“Whatever~~“ he sung, causing the people around him to look at him confused but he didn't care.

 

The handsome brunette guy continued walking around until he had a idea and he wondered why he hadn't thought about it earlier.

*I am going to visit HER.* Her – that was obviously you. Some part of him still hoped that someday you would stand infront of the door but the other part accepted that this would never happen. Looking for his keys he almost ran into an old woman but with a bow he excused himself and hopped in the car.

 

A second later he was on his way, happily singing and bobbing his head. The drive took longer than expected and when he finally reached his destination, he had been standing in a traffic jam for more than half an hour. However, he jumped out of the car in excitement and just when he stood infront of your building, reality hit him hard.

*I don't know her name! How am I supposed to ring the bell somewhere when I don't even know her name? Hell.*

 

Within a second, his mood was beyond pissed off but he decided to wait. He hadn't driven here because of nothing! Well, minute after minute passed by and he grew uncomfortable.

*What am I even doing here? She probably doesn't want to see me.*

 

Just then an old woman stepped out of the building and D.O. made the decision to ask her about you.

“Sorry?“ He bowed and came closer making the old woman look at him in surprise.

“Yes?“

“I was wondering if you could maybe tell me the young girl's name that lives in here?“ He pointed at the building and the lady gave him a disbelieving look.

“And why should I do that?“ He opened his mouth and shut it again, thinking about a convincing answer but she just smiled and cut off any possible following respond.

 

“Well, it is of no use anyways. You mean the pretty brown haired one, right? I'm afraid I don't know her name. And more important, she doesn't live here anymore.“

“She doesn't??“

“Ani. The last time I saw her she was waiting for the emergency.. it seems like her brother has some kind of serious disease.“ The old lady's face turned sad and she looked at her hands, obviously to avoid his curious stare.

“Poor girl. How is she going to survive when something happens to her brother? It is not easy living without speaking a word.“ she whispered and D.O. opened his eyes wide.

“She doesn't speak? So it wasn't just me that she refused talking to?“ The lady let out a small chuckle when she saw the relief that was written all over the young guy's face but immediately turned serious again.

“You are not the only one. That girl – she doesn't speak a word. With no one. Not even with her brother..“

“So she is dumb?“ he asked with raised his eyebrow's. With a sigh and a sad expression on her face the old woman answered his question.

“She isn't. From what I heard she is more.. traumatised.“

“Traumatised??“ Suddenly deep wrinkles appeared on the lady's face and she looked away in pain.

“Yes. But I don't have the intention to tell you why.“ She was about to walk away but D.O. grabbed her wrist, not even thinking about giving up.

“Tell me. What happened to her? It can't be that bad. I am a big boy, I can handle it.“

“That is what you said.“ The guy rolled his eyes but somehow felt uncomfortable when a small tear started rolling down the old woman's face. *Is it that hard?*

 

She took a deep breath and starred him directly in his eyes, making him sensing her sadness and worry about the girl.

“I try to think about this as less as possible but well.. Oh god, that poor, poor girl.“ She closed her eyes and D.O. impatiently waited for her explanation. He regretted his nosiness one moment later when the lady raised her voice and the world suddenly seemed to turn around him like a carousel.

 

“She is traumatised because she saw something. Something that I wish no one has to see, at least a young girl. When she was a little kid her father found out that her mother was betraying him and since he had a mental disease and loved her mother very much, he kind of threw a tantrum.. well, not kind of, he did. To be exact.." the woman started whispering as if it could make the whole thing better when it was said quietly. It didn't make it better, not even a bit.

"He cut off the mother's tongue.. and then he killed her and himself while the girl was in the same room.“