Read my mind

Her Shattered Heart

You tried to. You really did. With all your power and will you tried to protect yourself from falling for him.

 

It didn't work even a bit. On the first day after the incident you had tried to ignored him but since he obviously had decided to act like nothing ever happened, that kind of failed. So basically your plan to don't pay attention to him at all wasn't working in any way. In fact, it got even worse: sometimes you found yourself absent-minded starring at him or listening when he was singing while he showered. Since he sounded like a from heaven fallen angel, it wasn't a miracle but it got embarassing when all of the guys had caught you doing that at least three times.

 

Everyone seemed to notice but Suho. He continued behaving like there was nothing going on and generously didn't notice your blushing attacks and the way your eyes were glued on him all day. Sometimes you wondered if he was doing it on purpose or if he really was that naive, but you supposed it was the latter.

 

 

Sehun hadn't been in a good mood lately because of Luhan and now you and D.O. were sitting on the sofa and trying to comfort him.

“Listen. He probably is really busy, that's why he didn't call! Why don't you make the first move?“ You nodded along but Sehun just pouted and shook his head.

“Never. If he doesn't want to talk to me – fine! I don't need him.“ D.O. rolled his eyes and exchanged a knowing look with you.

“He misses him so badly.“ he mouthed and when you looked at Sehun, it seemed like that was the truth. The poor guy had huge circles under the eyes and his small face was filled with sadness. You could feel your motherly instincts taking over hand and as a result you stood up and sat next to him. You flashed him a smile and patted his back, trying to tell him what you wanted to say with your eyes but he just raised his eyebrows.

“Grace, I am pretty sure that you want to say something nice now but I don't get it since I am not a ing mind reader! Just open your damn mouth.“ For a short moment your heart stinged in pain but one second later you managed to weakly smile at him.

*Why do you have to be so right? I can't help you.. I am useless when I don't speak with you.*

 

You raised your head and saw Suho looking at you, his deep brown eyes telling nothing from the inside and quickly shifting away to the maknae.

 

(All rights belong to the right owners!)

 

“Sehun. It's not her fault so stop it. Blame yourself for not being able to get what she wants to tell you.“ A warm feeling started to build up inside your chest and some part of you congratulated yourself for falling for this guy.

“But you always know what she wants to say?“ Sehun snapped and suprisingly Suho nodded.

“Yes, I do.“

“Prove it.“ D.O. sighed and wanted to cut the maknae off but Suho hindered him.

“Alright. But just if you call Luhan after that!“ He stood up from his side of the sofa and approached you, making your heart beat faster and faster and your cheeks turn into a bright shade of pink.

“Grace, think about something you would like to do now.“ He locked his eyes with yours and you inaudibly gulped under the intensity of his gaze.

 

When you were honest, there was only one thought in your mind.

*I want to feel his soft lips on mine.*

 

However, this was not exactly what you wanted him to know, so you quickly tried to think about something else.

*I would like to sit in a café with Kai and have fun with him.*

 

A second later, Suho's beautiful lips curved into a slightly sad smile and he took your hand to squeeze it.

“She thinks about her brother.“ As a result your heart stopped beating for a moment and you couldn't believe it. *No way. He.. he found that out?*

“Is that right, Grace?“ D.O. asked and you nodded, still surprised and still looking into Suho's eyes.

“How.. how did you know, hyung?“ Sehun was as dumbfounded as you and you could feel his and D.O.'s eyes burning holes into your body.

“I just knew it.“ Finally, his eyes released yours as well as he took off his hand and he looked at Sehun.

“See?“

 

With a last smile to you (which almost made you faint – very beautiful and too much to handle for your current state), he stood up and sat down on his former place, not caring about the three startled persons that were looking at him like he had some secret magic abilities.

 

(Let's say I KIND OF love this picture? All rights belong to the right owners.)

 

“I guess I have to call Luhan hyung then..“ Sehun stuttered and Suho gave him a smirk.

“I think so, too. Thank god that your whining will end after this conversation.“

 

Sehun shot him a glare and walked out of the room but you knew that he was happy inside. You on the other hand weren't sure if you should be happy or not.

*I feel like he can read my mind.. but doesn't that mean that he should notice my love by now?*

Afterwards, you mentally slapped yourself for using the word “love“. You refused to call your feelings for him as “love“ because you didn't know if you loved him or just had a crush on him.

(Which is something different! At least in my opinion)

 

D.O. saw you watching his friend and sadness rushed through his body.

*I doubt that she will ever stop loving Suho.. man.*

Small tears appeared in his eyes and without a word he ran out of the room, not able to endure the sight any longer.

 

“Oh.“ The with you left guy looked up when he saw his roommate running out of the door and smiled at you.

“Grace?“ You weakly nodded.

“I am sorry if I scared you.. I am no mind reader, if you should think that.“ He chuckled at the thought of that but turned serious again.

“It's actually easy to see. Your eyes.. they look hurt when you think about your brother. I am sorry if I brought back any unpleasant memories though.“ You remained silent – of course – and shook your head. He didn't but still..

 

“Grace, listen.“ You almost got a heart attack when you heard his voice so close to you and realised that he was now sitting next to you although you didn't know how he had managed to appear there out of nowhere.

“Oops, scared you again! Well, what I want to say is.. Stop it.“

 

Comments are HIGHLY appreciated my dear readers! :)