Spending quality time with D.O.

Her Shattered Heart

When the others came home, you were still sitting on the sofa with an absent-minded smile plastered on your face and the palm of your hands pressed on your wild pounding heart. The guys shared confused looks but decided to let it pass.

*She can't tell us anyways.* D.O. thought to himself and walked to the kitchen while Sehun, completely ignoring your state, began blabbering about the fun park.

Five minutes later, you got back to reality and realised that Sehun was waving his hands infront of your face and laughing like a maniac.

*Oops. Spacing out again.*

 

“Nice thoughts? You seemed pretty happy.“ Chanyeol grinned and creepily looked at you, obviously imitating your facial expression.

“I really hope that you don't look like that when you're trying to flirt, Chanyeol.“ Baekhyun playfully said from the other end of the room but the said just shrugged and rolles his eyes, continuing to look at you with the same creepy smirk on his face.

*Seriously? This is freaking me out.*

(All right belong to the right owners! Hahahaha the first time I saw this picture of him I almost laughed tears :D nonetheless I love him and I think he is extraordinarily handsome even when he looks that weird)

 

You lightly slapped him and rushed away to the kitchen where D.O. was cutting vegetables.

“Right decision, Grace. Sometimes I wonder what went wrong with him..“ He laughed when he saw Chanyeol pouting and turned to you while his voice got low.

“Do you want to help me with preparing dinner?“ Your eyes rounded in suprise and you tilted your head.

 

It was Sunday and on Sundays D.O. would never ask anyone to help him. NEVER.

You hadn't figured out why yet but on Sundays D.O. wanted everything to be perfect and special and since the others were awful at cooking, he didn't allow them to even step one foot in the kitchen. Sometimes when he was about to cook something he would even throw them out of the flat to be all by himself and be able to concentrate right.

 

And now exactly that furiously getting guy asked you to cook with him! You bit your lips and wondered if he was kidding but obviously he wasn't.

“I would really like you, too.“ he stated, slightly blushing under your disbelieving look.

“Really.“ he repeated and with a smile, you nodded.

*I would love to!*

 

He gave you a thumbs up and leaned in to whisper in your ear.

“I am just going to make the guys go.. I really can't stand it when they are interrupting every few seconds.“

He was close, so close that his body was just a few inches away from yours and somehow you got embarassed, shown own your cheeks where small pink roses bloomed. Nonetheless, you got yourself together and watched D.O. walking out of the kitchen and yelling at the boys.

They didn't mind, they had gotten used to it by now and one after the other left the living room, mumbling curses that were not meant seriously. Finally, they were all gone and the dark haired guy returned to the kitchen.

 

“Now we are all by ourselves! Great.. where should we start?“ He started humming again and you watched with a smile how he was running around the kitchen.

“Dadaadada. There it is. This-“ he pointed at some flour, you couldn't really see what it was though “is the best thing ever and it's going to make our dinner unforgettable.“ D.O. clapped his hands in excitement, like always when he started cooking and continued cutting the vegetables.

“Oh, I forgot about you Grace!“ he suddenly blurted out and facepalmed himself.

“Stupid me.. Asking if you want to join me and then letting you stand like that. Phh. Alright.. Do you want to boil the noodles for me? Would be great.“ He didn't even bother waiting for your answer, he simply put the pot in your hands and the stove.

“You know what to do, right Grace?“ This time he took his time until you nodded and then reassuring grinned at you.

“I'm sure you do.“ he seriously added and a warm feeling built up in your stomach.

*I feel so comfortable around him! He really is a good boy. Actually.. when I think about it.. this almost feels like we are married and preparing dinner for our children.* You had to blush about the thought and smiled to yourself while listening to D.O. performing some operas by himself.

 

It had been silent for a few minutes, he even had stopped singing when he all of a sudden hugged you from the back causing you to almost get a heart attack of shock and your eyes to wide open.

“Grace. I am sorry for not trying to find you after you got lost or help you when I saw you in that dangerous district.. It's just.. I don't know how to explain it. Haha.“ he laughed awkwardly and released you only to whirl you around and let you stare directly in his eyes.

“Whatever..There is one thing that I want to tell you: I care about you. I really do, so please promise me to be happy from now on. Ok, baby?“ he easily said but you could sense his tension and seriousness so as a respond you nodded and took his hand to sqeeze it lightly.

*I will try my best, oppa.*

 

“I scared you, right? Your heart beats like crazy.“ he smirked and you smiled back, turning crimson.

“Next time I'll warn you to make sure that you don't die.“

The next minutes passed by with him happily whistling and you trying to figure out what he exactly was to you.

 

*It is weird. Most of the time he is a like a brother to me, like someone I know since a long time and then in one second, he turns to a total y and seductive guy. Hell. I should stick with the brother-thing.. Would be better.*

 

“We're almost done!“ you heard D.O. excitedly saying and flashed him a smile.

*He looks really cute with that expression but does he really have to point the knife at me like that? I don't like it at all.*

 

The boy approached you and suddenly your smile fell. This scene with a man coming closer to a woman with a knife in his hand.. this scene reminded you of something and when you realised what it was, it was too late again.

 

A small girl sitting on the floor, tears rolling down her swollen face without a stop and a loud scream escaping her bloody bitten lips. It's a loud and hurt cry but it's not able to let the sounds coming from a few metres next to her fade out.. for a short moment the little girl opens her eyes and stops screaming. She will regret that moment a lifetime.

 

You fell on your knees and pressed the palm of your hands rougly against your ears, trying to blend out the young girl's cry but you weren't able to and tears helplessly started to stream down your face. Just then you felt someone hugging you and comfortingly patting your back and you buried your face in D.O.'s chest and clinged to him inaudibly sobbing.

 

 

Suho, who had been in his room the whole time, jumped off the bed when he heard a loud crack from the kitchen and his dongsaeng screaming out your name. Within a second he had reached the living room and saw you on the floor being hugged by D.O. and crying soundlessly.

 

Anger boiled in his venes but soon he realised the younger guy wasn't the reason for you being this hurt. You were hugging the latter tight and had laced your fingers together with his.

 

A stinging pain began to stab Suho's heart and for a moment the only thing he could think about was wishing that he would be at D.O.'s place.

 

 

Suhobaby, are you jealous? <3

Well.. not as much pictures as I would wish to. Whatever, I guess I am giving up the intention to get at least three pictures in every chapter. It's not as easy as I thought it would be!

LOVE YOU (and I would love you even more if you'd make a small comment!) :D