We are all under the upper hand

Her Shattered Heart

 

It was a rainy and cold day and when you went out the door, you sighed.

*This is going to be a bad day.*

 

Hour by hour passed by and you got more tired with every second. At some point, you were close to crying. You were awake since 6 o'clock and you knew that you would earliest be home at eleven which was very positive thinking. For a minute you were spacing out but then your chef already started yelling at you.

 

You kept your head down and listened to him, not even moving when he slapped you in the face.

“You are a useless piece of , do you know that?“ He was about to go when he turned around with an evil smile on his face. Something in his eyes told you that the next words would hurt you.

They would. More than every physical force could hurt you.

Emphasizing every single word, the man looked you in the eyes knowing that what he said almost killed you.

 

“You, my dear,  you are the reason why your sweet big brother has a heart disease. Proud, huh? You should be. That disease.. well, that disease is not curable.“

 

Your chef left you standing and you started shaking with your whole body. Your lips trembled in pain and the tears were falling down without no grace. Your legs didn't hold your weight any longer and with a loud crack you landed on the floor.

*No.. this can't be.*

 

Your heart almost fell apart and for a moment you were surpised that there was still something that could break. The young girl's cry started playing again and you closed your eyes, not even having enough energy to raise your hands and press them against your ears.

 

You remained like that. A silently but heartbreaking crying girl, a girl that had to endure too much.

*NO!*

 

With a sudden move, you stood up and ran out the door. You couldn't see exactly what was infront of you but it was of no interest anyways. Without stopping once you ran to your brother's workplace, tears obstructing your view and your body shaking in fear. People were starring at you like you were crazy but you didn't notice them, your mind was somewhere else.

 

When you arrived at Kai's workplace, he was standing outside and smoking. Without hesitating you ran to him and hold him tightly, crying into his chest and ramming your finger nails into his back.

*No. No. No. No. No.* this small but oh so hurting word was repeated in your mind over and over again and you couldn't raise your head to look at Kai's eyes.

 

After a while you released him from your hug, but still – you couldn't look up.

“Who told you?“ Kai said with a soft, sadness filled voice. Of course you didn't answer and he closed his eyes with a painful expression. He had known that someday you eventually would find out the truth, but he hadn't expected it to be this early.

“Your chef, right?“ He your cheek, making you finally look at him. He was pale and small wrinkles were already showing.

*How. How could I not notice it before?*

 

With furrowed eyebrow's Kai broke the eye contact and looked up in the cloudy grey sky.

“It is not your fault, Eun Min-ah. Everyone's fault but not yours.“ You bit your lips and your heart cramped in pain. You knew that he was lying.

“I don't know what your chef told you but it is not that bad.. I am sure I'll get better soon.“ Another lie that made your fingers shake again. With an encouraging smile, your brother took your hand to stop it from trembling.

 

“Don't be scared, Eun Min-ah. I will always be at your side. Now and forever.“

And you knew that this was the biggest of his lies.

 

 

Well, the next chapters are all going to be somehow sad.. but it will get happier in this story, I promise! If you have improvements suggestions to make my story more touching, tell me. I greatly appreciate it!