Pay the rent or you've got to leave

Her Shattered Heart

Kai let out a cough and within a second you were at his side. It was the same since a week, he was burning from fever and sometimes he would even cough blood. You knew that it had nothing to do with the heart disease but that scared you even more.

*What if he has another serious disease?*

 

With shaking hands you away his wet bangs that were falling in his face. He looked at you with a small smile and somehow managed to speak with a trembling and lost voice.

“Thank you.“ You slightly nodded and tried not to think about his current state. If his healthiness went on increasing like this, there was no hope for him anymore.

*STOP IT, EUN MIN. Everything is going to be fine. Kai will be healthy soon. He won't leave me.*

 

 

One day, two days, a week, two weeks passed by and nothing changed, it even got worse. None of you had gone to work and with fear you were waiting for the landlady to arrive. You needed to pay the rent but how should you do that when Kai couldn't do anything because of his state? It caused you a lot of pain, but what especially made your heart almost fall apart was the way your brother got more sick with every day that passed by.

 

Sometimes you woke up in the middle of the night because he started loudly coughing or worse screaming. It was the first time that you had to be responsible for him and not the other way around and it wasn't a good feeling at all.

*Oppa, get well soon. Please, oppa.*

 

 

You were sitting next to Kai and wiped away the sweat on his forehead when you suddenly heard a loud and harsh knock on the door.

“Kim Jong In? Kim Eun Min? Anyone home?“ You knew this voice and you began to get nervous. Nonetheless, you opened the door and hoped that the landlady would not kill you. With earth shaking steps the fat middle-aged woman came in and looked around.

 

“I need my money.“ You helplessly pointed at Kai and she turned around.

“So what? He is a bit sick but that doesn't change that I need my ing money!“ She came closer and you bit your lips in fear when suddenly a weak but familiar voice spoke up.

“We will give you the money in two weeks.“ He was interrupted by small coughs escaping his mouth and you almost cried when you saw him like that.

“Alright. Two weeks. Not more!“ She rushed out of the room and your breathing got normal again.

 

However, when you turned to Kai it stopped completely. He had his eyes closed, the blanket above him covered with small blood drops and his hands were shaking. You approached him and like he had did it for you before, you took his hands to stop them from trembling.

 

The tall and skinny brown haired guys slowly opened his eyes and looked at you but you weren't sure if he really saw, noticed you.

“We can't do it in two weeks.“ he whispered, sqeezing your hand and coughing every three seconds.

“I guess.. I guess we have to look for something else.“ With that he closed his eyes again, leaving you terrified sitting next to him.

 

*How does he think are we going to look for something else? I can't and he certainly not as well. When we get kicked out of this flat, there is no other opportunity.. We have to live on the streets again.*

 

 

The two weeks had gone by and when the landlady stepped in the flat, you weren't there anymore. She clinched her fingers in anger and looked at the blood drops that were covering the floor.

“So they didn't want to pay me or what? AISH.“

What she didn't know was that something way more important than paying the rent had made you leave the flat.

 

Destiny wasn't being good to you and Kai.

 

 

Yes, I said it before. I am TRYING to make this touching.. I hope it somehow works. Thanks for the support until now! You guys are seriously the best <3