Chapter O2

When you thought I speak Mandarin

 

“I’m still not sure if I should let you go to China alone,” Su Ho was still doubtful about my decision. He glanced at me from time to time, not able to take his full attention off the road even if he wanted to.

“Don’t worry oppa I can handle myself,” I lied.

Su Ho and I, we both came from one father but different mothers. When I first met him years back, I expected him to hate me. Correction, despise me. Because of my mother he’s now fatherless. What kid wouldn’t get angry at that? While other children had their dads to carry them on their fathers’ shoulder, Su Ho oppa just watched them enviously from the back. Even now as I looked at his side profile I felt guilty inside. I don’t know how I could make up for the happy childhood that I’ve stolen from him.

He must’ve felt my stare at him since he quickly gave me a glance. A smile crept to his face. “Why are you staring at me?”

I just shook my head and turned my attention outside the window. I love my step-brother. He loves me back. I just wish this heavy burden inside me whenever I see his lonely face vanishes. 

                                                                                                                            ---------------------------

We arrived in the airport a few minutes before eight. That means I have one more hour before my plane starts to board.

I got off the car and headed to the trunk only to find Su Ho beat me to it. He cheekily grinned at me while I rolled my eyes. After all my stuff was unloaded, which was just a large suitcase and my backpack, I expected him to get going. But he just stood there, holding my backpack for me.

“Yah Kim Joon Myun give me my bag,” I reached forward but he stepped to the side. “Go home already. I’m fine I promise,”

He gave me a cynical look. “Are you sure you can handle being at a foreign country alone?”

“Oppa. Are you doubting me?” I questioned. I grabbed my suitcase and walked to the entrance of the airport. Su Ho followed closely beside me.

He placed an arm over my shoulder. “Hwang Bo Mi you’re my sister. I do not doubt you, I’m concerned about you,” Su Ho affirmed. Sometimes we forget that we’re only half-siblings. We get so carried away, sometimes we end up placing the same last name on a registration form.

“Can’t I come with you?” He pouted.

I stopped walking. A sigh escaped my lips. “Do you have a Visa?”

Su Ho scrunched his face. “No,”

“Can you leave work?”

“No,”

“So that means, can you come?”

“Bo Mi,” He sighed in defeat. Inside my thoughts I stepped on my own little victory mountain.

Su Ho studied me from head to toe. Shaking his head and resting his forehead on mine. We’re that kind of siblings. Hugging one another never bothered us while some siblings find it awkward to do so. There were even times when we’ve been mistaken for a couple.

“Take care of yourself okay?” Worry was present in his tone.

I smiled, nodding obediently. “I love you oppa,” then I took my backpack from him.

“I love you too,” Su Ho messed up my perfectly combed hair. He deserved the punch I gave him on the arm after that.

He gave me a peck on the forehead then went on his way.

So from here I go alone. Incheon Airport was large. It has been a while since I came here. I gave the enormous building a quick look. My eyes landed on a large digital clock which said 8:12.

I sat down on a chair, crossing my legs thinking of a way to pass time. If only Sun Mi was available, I wouldn't be bored right now. She'd be talking to me nonestop.

"Bo Miiiiii~ I can't come with you," Through the phone I felt her sincere apology. 

"W-why? I've already packed!" 

"I'm needed at work and this might get me my promotion. Can anyone else come with you?" She asked. 

"No I'm not going anymore," I opened my suitacse on the bed and took a few shirt out.

"No! Operation forget about Jeremy remember?"

 

My iPod’s music player kept me company for now. People walking to and fro caused a lot of commotion and I hate that. I plugged my earphones on and just closed my eyes as I felt the beat of the music.

Time passed by slowly. I opened my eyes from time to time, checking my wrist watch. It seemed like time wasn’t moving at all! Half asleep it felt like a whole thirty minutes has passed but in reality the minute hand didn’t even move much.

I propped my elbow on my knee and blew my side fringe.

Soon my stomach began asking for food. I scavenged my backpack for food but I must've forgotten to bring some pack sandwiches. Buying was my only option. 

The food station wasn’t far from where I was. The suitcase felt heavy as I dragged it behind me, the backpack slung on my shoulder wasn’t helping either. But my stomach was grumpy. It shot pain all over my body.

Finally I reached the food station. “One tuna sandwich please,” I said to the lady at the counter.

“That would be 10,000 won,” She replied. A beautiful tuna sandwich was layed in front of me, taunting me to eat it.

I looked for money in my wallet but I didn’t had cash. I’ve converted most of my money to Chinese currency already. Then it hit me, I placed a few wons inside my passport. They were for emergency and this is definitely an emergency. My stomach was being so uncooperative. 

I took my passport out and flipped through the pages. Like how I remembered, there were money in my passport! Smiling like I child I took it out. Maybe I was too excited to get my sandwich that I accidentally dropped the money on the floor.

“Argh,” I placed my passport on the counter and crouched just to get the stupid money.

The lady behind the counter was busy talking to a male costumer beside me so I waited for her attention. She placed her eyes back on me and took my money.

“Ah finally!” My eyes were glued to the sandwich. It’s like gold to the treasure hunter’s sight. I just took the passport from the counter and half ran back to my previous seat. Thankfully no one has taken it yet.

I ate my sandwich in pure satisfaction. Tuna has never tasted so good in my mouth. Each bite felt like clouds to my tastebuds. This is a lesson learned for me to never leave home with an almost empty stomach.

As I was munching down on my sandwich, I noticed my passport. Something felt weird though my senses can’t pinpoint what. I just opened the passport casually only to find a different face pasted on the page. A male face. Things got worse when I read the info and my name wasn’t typed there.

“Wu Fan?” I yelped.

I probably took the wrong passport on the counter! I checked my wrist watch. ! It’s 8:30! I abandoned my unfinished sandwich on my chair. Where in the world would I find a Chinese man in this sea of people! 

 

 

OMFKRISUS HAVE YOU GUYS WATCHED EXO-K'S DEBUT STAGE AT INKI 
AND EXO-M AT THE RED CARPET BEING AS Y AS HELL WEARING SUITS?

/dead.

So yeah two Exo members introduced in this chapter!!!  

One with a sub role and one of the male leads. 

Thankyou to those who have liked it so far. I would do my best to satisfy your expectations.

^^~~

- Kleo ♥