Chapter O7

When you thought I speak Mandarin

 

The sound of the open television woke me up. Slowly my eyes adjusted to the sunlight beaming through the half open curtains of the window. I shifted comfortably under the white sheets, nuzzling on the soft pillows supporting my head. That was the best sleep I’ve gotten in a while. For once I didn’t wake up early in the morning for no damn reason with tear drenched pillow cases.

I propped myself up with my elbows. I wonder where my phone went. If my memory serves me correctly, I left it on the bed. The Samsung Galaxy S was nowhere to be seen though. That phone would have to wait a little later. The thing must’ve fallen under the bed or something.

I swung my legs off the edge of the bed. My early morning routine has always been washing my face so I headed to the bathroom. Taking sleepy steps I realized something felt different. I stopped rubbing my eyes and looked at my right foot, fully gauzed up. Where did Tao’s handkerchief go?

The handkerchief case would have to wait for later as well. First, I need to wash my face. Realizing that the television was on I stopped in my tracks. Didn’t I just tell myself that turning on the television would just be a waste of time since I couldn’t understand anything? Things are really starting to freak me out. Then again I’m still half asleep. After washing up everything would come back to me.

With sleepy eyes I reached the bathroom door. I turned the golden doorknob and sleepily walked inside.

When I looked at the mirror I saw a facing me. The neurons in my body suddenly started sending S.O.S signals everywhere, waking up my entire system. My eyes widened and a yelp escaped my throat causing the male to turn around. The towel over his head made it hard to distinguish who it was until he revealed his shocked face.

Immediately I cupped my hands over my eyes. “What are you doing?!” I screamed.

“You’re the one that walked in on me!” Kris yelled back. For a split second, I peered through my fingers seeing Kris's well built upper figure. 

“No…what are you doing in my room?” I was struggling to open the door. Stupid thing why is the lock so complicated?

“Your room?” He suddenly questioned.

This is my room…isn’t it? I made gaps through my fingers to look around the bathroom. The door finally unlocked and I wasted no time in getting out. That was too much for my innocent eyes to see. I haven’t even seen Jeremy shirtless yet.

A mirror by the bathroom door showed my completely flustered face. It was as red as a tomato. This is so embarrassing! A few moments later Kris appeared from the bathroom thankfully this time with a shirt on and not only denim jeans. Though the previous awkward encounter made it hard for me to make eye contact. 

I looked at the floor. The familiar sight of my black cardigan caught my attention. Beside it neatly folded were my clothes yesterday. If my clothes were there then…I looked at myself in the mirror wearing an oversized blue shirt and floor length sweatpants.

“What the heck did you do to me creep!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Ah I bumped my head and fell unconscious,” Inside I felt guilty. Kris was just being kind and I repay him by barging into his bathroom while he was half and calling him a creep. Seriously sometimes I’m too irrational for my own good.

He nodded slowly, running the towel through his brown hair from time to time. I sat Indian style on the edge of his bed trying my best not to cry out of irritation. He’s not a creep…he’s…wait a minute…

With what I realized, I gave Kris a suspicious glare while slowly crossing my arms over my chest. “Hey ert,” I called.

He nearly choked on the bottle of water he was drinking. Kris slammed his chest until he stopped coughing. “ert?” He looked at me like I was a crazy person. “I kinda saved your life missy,”

“How did you change my clothes then,” I said.

This time Kris’s own eyes widened. He gulped uneasily. “Uh…th-that…” His stuttering was a dead giveaway that Kris was guilty.

“Aish seriously. Did you like what you saw?” I mocked. Seriously…men. The past is the past. If Kris did see some of my skin that even my father have never seen before then what can I do about it? I rolled my eyes and uncrossed my legs. It's 6:30 in the morning, my stomach was growling and I need to start sorting out my itenerary.

“W-what? N-no I didn… I didn’t see anything,” Kris defended when I stepped near him to grab my stacked clothes on the floor. They were still damp but obviously someone tried to dry it as much as possible.

I gave him a disgusted look from head to toe before shaking my head disapprovingly. What a waste of good looks.

The key to my room was still in my pocket. I hope getting it wet wouldn’t break it. Hotel came in with the ticket package so breaking anything then paying for it is completely out of its range. I won’t spend that much money for something not edible.

I brushed my shoulder on Kris who just stared at me unable to defend his side. Guilty guilty guilty.

To add heat to his anger I clicked my tongue then gave my head another shake. Not a sound came out of his lips at his attempts to utter words. Then I rest my case. I slipped my feet in my slippers by the bed.

Before I reached the door Kris called out. “Hey that’s my shirt you’re wearing,” He’s trying to make it even with me by taking back the good things he tried to do for me? Fine. Taste the consequence of your words dear Wu Fan.

I slowly turned back to him. Casually I placed my clothes on the floor and held the ends of his shirt. “Okay,” Slowly I began raising the hem of the oversized shirt I was wearing. When he realized what I was doing, Kris raised his hands forward “Wait no stop stop! That’s not what I meant!”

With my belly almost exposed, Kris awkwardly looked away but kept his open palm in the air. “I thought you wanted your shirt back,” I teased.

“Ugh no. Keep it. Just return it to me later,” He stammered.

This is seriously amusing. I let the shirt large shirt fall loosely to my thighs again. 

For most of the time as I walked back to my hotel room I would explode into a fit of laughter. His panicking face as I was raising my shirt was priceless. People passing by gave me a glare when I laughed by myself all of a sudden.

“Oh Kris,” I wiped a tear on the corner of my eye.

I arrived in my room. The wet jeans could still be worn so I draped it over a chair. My cardigan and shirt however would go to the hamper. I carried the clothes to my bag and stuffed it in a paperbag. The scent of Tao’s perfume was completely washed off of the cardigan. Unconsciously I brought the cloth close to my nose and took a whiff. Yep it’s gone. And it smelled nice too.  

 

 

 

You guys seem to be siding with Tao. ugh he's perfect. he's my bias btw lol.

Let's just see shall we? ^^

Omona /imitates wonder girls but fails/ 66 subscribers and 

commenters that make me laugh love you so much~~!!!! 

 

*omg there were a lot of errors ; A ; I had to edit a lot of the parts

and re-write most of the sentences. It was 12 am and I was super 

sleepy when this idea popped up. 

 

- Kleo ♥