Chapter 1O

When you thought I speak Mandarin

 

For a change, everything went according to plan. Well, I didn’t really have any plans in particular, just go to Great Wall of China and get back safely without any more mishaps like yesterday and the days before that. I’m a person who likes to keep things organized—may it be my belongings or what I do daily. I have never ever imagined myself boarding a plane to China before so I came unprepared when it comes to the itinerary.

The Great Wall of China was my second destination. It was larger than how I expected it to be leaving me turning my head about every now and then; completely mesmerized. Just the thought that this was man-made would make my jaw drop.

I took pictures of everything almost to the point of filling my only memory card. I tried looking in my bag for extra memory card that I might have brought but there were none. What an unprepared photographer. Before the memory card was filled I decided to leave, which was before the sun had said goodbye.

On my way back to the hotel, stomach growling with hunger, I encountered a group of Korean aunts who gladly treated me to dinner.

The day was almost perfect if not for the sudden downpour of rain—heavy rain. Good thing I have ridden the taxi before the first drop of rain touched the ground. I stared outside the window watching people take fast steady steps on the wet sidewalk.

“Uh…You have umbrella?” I moved closer to the taxi driver and spoke as clear as I could; doing umbrella shapes on air. To my dismay he shook his head saying something like he left it. It was worth a try. I slumped back on the taxi seat and just stared outside the window once more.

When the taxi reached the front of the building, the sky had completely gone dark. The digital clock near the radio of the taxi said 7:30. I paid the fare and readied myself to run. I took off my jacket and wrapped it tightly around my camera. I could get wet but not my camera. I’ve worked day and night just for this.

The time came when I had to get off the taxi. The distance between where I was and the hotel entrance was not much but I’d still get wet considering how strong the rain was. It was now or never. I opened the door, kicking it to close then ran for my life. By the time I was safe under shade, my hair was damp and there were marks of water droplets all over my clothes.

I had to take the stairs in order to not spread water all over the place. I climbed up practically embracing myself just to warm myself up. My teeth chattered against one another making me wish that this torture would just end. When I reached my floor I was completely tired and freezing to death. At least my clothes seemed to have dried themselves.

I reached my hotel room and just dumped all my stuff on the floor, crawled under the warm sheets and shut my eyes that were dying to close since an hour ago. I slept on my damp clothes and hair, but hey, I’m sleepy.

 

 

 

Knock. Knock. Knock.

It took me a while to realize that it was not the dog in my dream that was making that knocking noise. I opened my eyes. No wonder I was sweating badly, I had wrapped myself with my blanket. The rain seemed like it had just stopped pouring outside leaving droplets of water hanging on my window. I turned to my side and faced the window, still like a caterpillar wrapped in its cocoon.

Suddenly I realized that I couldn’t breathe well. I tried inhaling through my nose but it was blocked causing me to erupt into a fit of coughs.

“Hwang Bo Mi are you there?” A male voice called from outside.

I tried to sit up but it felt like my head was a thousand times heavier. Maybe massaging my forehead would clear this up. At the touch of my fingertips on my skin, I realized that it was hotter than usual. My body felt like it was being pulled down all the time.

There was another knock on the door and even if I didn’t have the energy to get up, I forced my legs to stand up without wobbling and dragged my feet to the door.

Each step caused a pain in my head like suddenly banging two gongs with my head between them. I groaned miserably.

I opened the door and Kris was standing in front of me fully dressed in a coat and tie.

“Woah are you okay?” He asked startled.

“What do you want?” I was not in the mood to be pissed off right now. And I wanted to go to bed immediately.

“You never came by and return my shirt so I…” before he could continue, I turned around and lifelessly walked back inside. “They are on the floor,” I lifted my hand to point at it as I passed by but it drooped back to my sides.

Ah the bed. I crawled under the sheets and just closed my eyes. My head hurts badly, so does my whole body. I feel heavy all the time and my nose is completely blocked. I wish Su Ho oppa was here beside me. He always took care of me when I’m sick.

This is what I get for being a lazy and not changing damp clothes.

I still felt the presence of a giant human being in my room. My brows had furrowed to the center in annoyance as I forced my eyes to open. Kris was standing where I left his clothes, just watching me.

“What are you still doing here?” I snapped.

“Bo Mi you look horrible,” Kris walked to the edge of my bed.

I brought the blanket further up my face. “I’m fine,” my voice had been completely altered by the clogged nose.

He pulled my blanket back. Kris felt my forehead with his right hand and placed his left hand over his own forehead. Though it was a very general act when checking temperatures, he reminded me of Su Ho. My facial expression just softened.

Kris’s eyes widened after a few minutes. “You’re burning with fever,” he said suddenly concerned about me. I wanted to answer him in sarcasm but I found no energy in me to even part my lips.

I assumed that he would leave me now that he’s gotten what he wants and from his formal attire it looked like he was going somewhere important—but no. When I opened my eyes again, Kris had taken off his black coat and his black necktie, hanging them on the chair beside my bed.

“What do you think you’re doing?” I groggily muttered.

Kris rolled his eyes as he loosened the buttons of his long-sleeved shirt cuffs. “I’m not leaving a person, especially a girl, all alone with high fever Bo Mi,”

 

 

 

/le pops up/

Ahehehehe guys I said Chapter 9 was the last update for the week but my schedule is just completely ruined. My exams were postponed and we have to attend classes on sunday. Everything is ruined seriously ;____; ok I'm not going to babble about my ruined schedule. hahaha.

- Kleo ♥